Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972702 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Every Republican That Was Asked Refused to Attend March On Washington Event
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/29/john-b...
i can assure you that MLK would've approved.
Yet they somehow neglected to invite the nation's only black senator (ostensibly because he IS a black Republican).

Par for the course....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972703 Aug 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you want to do is send a message to the world that the United States no longer cares about the rest of the world and stands with Russia and China? Now, there's something that will really undermine our status in the world.
That said, Britain is willing to go it alone if necessary stating,
"This is the first use of chemical warfare in the 21st century. It has to be unacceptable. We have to confront something that is a war crime, something that is a crime against humanity."
I believe we have an obligation as a member of the United Nations to participate in any international military response. History has shown us that resolutions alone don't work. All one has to do is take a look at all the resolutions condemning Israel for her human rights violations to see how little they matter.
None of our business...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972704 Aug 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Zimmerman expressed uncertainty about the future of their relationship when asked if they are still together.
"I'm not going to answer that," Shellie Zimmerman said. "Of course I want to have children and stay married..."
"With George?" journalist Christi O'Connor asks in the interview Thursday on Good Morning America.
"That's something I'm going to have think about," Shellie Zimmerman responds.
We have been pretty much gypsies for past year and a half," Shellie Zimmerman said. "We lived in a 20- foot trailer in the woods, scared every night that someone was going to find us and that it would be horrific
She revealed she wasn't home the night George confronted Trayvon because they had an arguement earlier that day and she was staying with her father.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-george-zimmerm...
She should get as far away from that murderer as possible. He will kill again and she would be the most likely victim.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972705 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Figures.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972706 Aug 29, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wife Shellie Zimmerman pleaded guilty yesterday in a deal that allowed her to avoid the felony conviction and likely jail time if she'd been foolish enough to go to trial on the perjury charge.
She was sentenced to one year of probation, 100 hrs of community service and must apologize to Judge Lester in writing.
plus 20 lashes with a wet noodle....the judge obviously considered the charges to be a joke...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972707 Aug 29, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Better get that scattergun ready to turn in....:-)
but i use it for hunting game birds!

though why i need a drum mag and a pistol grip for bird hunting is something i don't want to talk about. ok, i'm a REALLY bad shot.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#972708 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider the possibility that Obama set the bait instead of taking the bait.
Possibly the most ignorant post in this thread... not surprised though based on it's source....

So tell me, if your hero is setting bait what is he trying to catch?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972709 Aug 29, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You scumbags on the left keep referring to this as a political/Democrat/Republican issue.
I thought MLK was about progress for black Americans and actually, more Republicans supported the CRA - funny how everything is politics to you Government Class zeros.
uh dood....so why didn't the republicans show up for the party?

and more Republicans supported the CRA? sounds like heresy to me. carol?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972710 Aug 29, 2013
This bears reporting -

Republican Governors: Shhh, Don’t Call Our Obamacare Money Obamacare!

A variety of Republican governors have sought federal funds under Obamacare, many of them to expand Medicaid eligibility for more residents, a centerpiece of the law that the Supreme Court made optional for states last year.

But shhh! Don’t call it Obamacare, they say, for they despise that law.

In the latest example, vociferous Obamacare critic and Texas Gov. Rick Perry is seeking roughly $100 million in federal funds under a program set up under Obamacare, called Community First Choice, to help states provide home-based health care to chronically ill Medicaid patients, as Politico reported this week.

Perry’s office said Politico’s story was “not accurate” and pointed TPM to a Texas Tribune article in which the governor’s aides downplay the connection of the funds to Obamacare, and noted that what they’re seeking is not the broader Medicaid expansion to extend eligibility to more low-income residents.

“The bottom line is it has nothing to do with Obamacare,” said Perry spokeswoman Allison Castle.

Only it has everything to do with Obamacare. As the Department of Health and Human Services explained last February, the new Community First Choice program was explicitly set up under the Affordable Care Act and offers federal funds so states can pay a higher reimbursement rate to providers of home-based care. The aim was to ratchet back an incentive for ill patients to go to a nursing facility when they can be cared for at home.

Perry is in good company among Republican governors, many of whom want billions of federal funds under the law’s Medicaid expansion, but don’t want to call it Obamacare.

One example is Arizona’s Jan Brewer, who used scorched-earth tactics to compel the reluctant Republicans who lead the state legislature to accept the eligibility expansion under Medicaid. After she won the fight, she insisted she was still against Obamacare and came up with her own name for what she had done.

“While I remain opposed to the Affordable Care Act, it has become increasingly clear to me that the status quo is not an option,” Brewer said. Instead, the governor described the expansion as her own plan.“With my Medicaid Restoration Plan, we can continue providing cost-effective care to these individuals — Arizona’s working poor.”

Another example is Florida’s Rick Scott. He initially rejected the Medicaid expansion. But faced with pressure from hospitals, and an enticing offer to insure many of his uninsured residents on the federal government’s tab, Scott buckled and championed the Obamacare provision back in February — only to be thwarted by his Republican-led legislature.

Then he returned to criticizing Obamacare, papering over the Medicaid component.

“The president’s health care law is a disaster. It’s going to be bad for patients, it’s going to be bad for businesses, it’s going to be bad for providers. There’s nobody that wins in that bill,” Scott told the local News Radio 1620 in June.

Well, not nobody, he admitted, calling the Medicaid expansion a “compassionate, common sense step forward,” rather then a “white flag of surrender to government-run health care.”

The governors’ desire to gloss over this contradiction reveals the contrast between Obamacare’s fixture as a conservative bogeyman and the good that the law, flawed as it may be, stands to do for many Americans.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/08/re...

'Obamacare’s fixture as a conservative bogeyman and the good that the law, flawed as it may be, stands to do for many Americans.'
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#972711 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
I don't really know what MLK would or would not approve of.
But I will say again taking this opportunity to have democrat/pep rally is cheap at the very best.
Obigears thinks he is MLK or at least as good.
Jesse Jackson with his bloody shirt would certainly not be a big hit with MLK. But liars will be liars and then they raise children who go to the slammer for theft and lying. Just the fake rev's ways.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#972712 Aug 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>She should get as far away from that murderer as possible. He will kill again and she would be the most likely victim.
Koo koo.

Morning homer.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972713 Aug 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton:‘A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to get a BJ in the Oval Office.’
Great political philosophy, eh?
President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address): "The era of big government is over."

He came to that conclusion after signing most of the terms in his Republican Congress's Contract with America including the Welfare Reform Act which was a huge success.

It limited government and demanded accountability.

Had it not been for 9/11 and two ensuing wars, it probably wouldn't have died by the wayside.

But the Democrats used that crisis to do what they do best - lie...cheat...steal...whatever - to gain power and control, ignore the impending housing crisis, and grow government to the point that even Bill Clinton's head must be privately spinning.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972714 Aug 29, 2013
69% of home sales are cash in S. Florida
Across the state, 66 percent of home sales were cash, compared with the national rate of 40 percent. One expert called Florida's rate "astounding."
With one of the nation's highest foreclosure rates, South Florida has a large supply of bank-owned properties. Lenders aren't interested in waiting for traditional buyers to qualify for mortgages, preferring instead to sell to investors paying cash.
And that has virtually shut out entry-level homebuyers.
"That's where all the action is," said Lex Levinrad, founder of the Distressed Real Estate Institute, a Deerfield Beach-based club for investors. "The banks have an urgent need to get these bad loans off their books as soon as possible. They're willing to sell for 30 percent less to a cash buyer rather than waiting for a buyer with a mortgage
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-cash-...
Such is the housing market in the rotten Obama economy, where most home sales are investors scooping up depressed homes for flipping or rentals.
LCNlin

United States

#972715 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you still haven't figured it out by now, Obamacare is not the solution we've been waiting for.
It's time to start over with both sides involved this time and a significant number from both sides on board to pass a bipartisan legislation that WILL work.
And, hopefully, less than 200 pages with even less regulations.
Obamacare posts seem repeats of the same.
We enjoyed your birther posts and the aliens building the New York subway based on grafitti .
LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972716 Aug 29, 2013
69% of home sales are cash in S. Florida
Across the state, 66 percent of home sales were cash, compared with the national rate of 40 percent. One expert called Florida's rate "astounding."
With one of the nation's highest foreclosure rates, South Florida has a large supply of bank-owned properties. Lenders aren't interested in waiting for traditional buyers to qualify for mortgages, preferring instead to sell to investors paying cash.
And that has virtually shut out entry-level homebuyers.
"That's where all the action is," said Lex Levinrad, founder of the Distressed Real Estate Institute, a Deerfield Beach-based club for investors. "The banks have an urgent need to get these bad loans off their books as soon as possible. They're willing to sell for 30 percent less to a cash buyer rather than waiting for a buyer with a mortgage
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-cash-...
Offers that do not include a mortgage contingency are much more likely to be accepted, even if not the highest bid.

Cash talks and BS walks.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#972717 Aug 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Koo koo.
Morning homer.
Morning Eman. Mark my words, he got a taste for it now.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#972718 Aug 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the war the Arab terrorists started?
Do you mean the war when Al Qaeda went from hiding in caves to taking over countries since Obama Obama began "fighting" it?
Now, the question you hid from all day yesterday:
Do you want Americans to be killed to help Al Qaeda take over another country and get chemical weapons?
Step up with an answer, dupe.
Denzel Washington played the great debater, DB writer is the great speculator. More of a plagiarizer than a philosopher! He takes right wing talking points &, runs with them like a hungry Somalian, stealing bananas from a NewYork farmers market. He has no thought of his own. Commonsense would've told him that it makes no sense on behalf of alQaeda to fight along side America. After we topples the Assad regime, they'll be easy targets for us to take out like cheap dates. Why would they want to fight along side the representatives of the man charged with killing their top 20 officials. Republicans have the track records of aligning with known terrorist. Muammar Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden. Shall I go on? All republican presidents go to men, all eventually hunted &, killed for acts of terrorism! 1 things for sure, Obama's on fool. If what you say is true, he definitely has an agendafor America's prosperity. You keep speculating &, losing, he'll keep adjusting &, winning!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972719 Aug 29, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they somehow neglected to invite the nation's only black senator (ostensibly because he IS a black Republican).
Par for the course....
ok, i'll give you that one.

though you must remember he was appointed.

that's the excuse i've seen.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972720 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So what country did Al Qaeda take over??
Libya
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972721 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the MLK family sure didn't want Alveda there after she lied about MLK being a republican.
Absolutely. All families prohibit dissenting opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 17,367
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 492,313
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 4 hr Princess Hey 4,439
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr femiguy 51,578
Jodi Arias (May '13) 7 hr Jinx 17
Jodi Arias (Jun '13) 7 hr Jinx 6
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 9 hr Murph 71,240
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 9 hr Miles 17,890
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News