Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508151 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973161 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under ...
www.breitbart.com/.../Mainstream-Media-Ignori... ;
Sep 11, 2012 - What is more striking, though, is more U.S. soldiers have been killed and wounded during President Barack Obama's first term in office than ...
lol! breitbart.... the source for right wing rumors!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973162 Aug 29, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under ...
www.breitbart.com/.../Mainstream-Media-Ignori... ;
Sep 11, 2012 - What is more striking, though, is more U.S. soldiers have been killed and wounded during President Barack Obama's first term in office than ...
lol! Go get 'em Shirley!!!!

"The Sherrod defamation suit against Breitbart et al continues. A federal appeals court upheld a federal district court’s rejection of a Breitbart colleague’s request to dismiss Shirley Sherrod’s defamation case against conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, his aide Larry O’Connor and an unnamed defendant.

Breitbart died in February of 2012, at the age of 43, but the suit continued. O’Connor requested that the case be dismissed on the grounds that it violated his freedom of speech rights.

Sherrod was asked to resign from her job as the former Georgia State Director of Rural Development for the Department of Agriculture after Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com posted a deceptively edited video of the African American Sherrod speaking to an NAACP group, which made her sound like she was “racist” against white people.(Note: While conservatives like to make this claim, a function of racism is using race to keep a minority in the status quo, therefore, while white conservatives rage about “reverse racism”, it is not actually equivalent to the systemic, cultural and economic impact of racism on minorities).

The “conclusion” that Sherrod was a racist was in fact the opposite of the point she was making in her speech. This became clear later, when the full speech was released to the public, and Sherrod received belated apologies from the administration.

O’Connor and Breitbart claimed the Sherrod post was “opinion” and stood by it. The AP pointed out that the case is one of the first high-profile cases to test bloggers’ freedom of speech rights, with large news organizations filing friend of the court briefs in the lawsuit...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#973163 Aug 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor hits reality on the head....
So iraq must have really been funny to you people under bushie boy.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973165 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DO PEOPLE ‘TROLL’?
We have been studying Troll behavior for many years, and find that the main reason they act this way is because of mental health issues or psychological problems. This has been discussed in depth with psychologists and therapists, and they have come to the same conclusions: That trolls are people with serious socialogical, psychological and deep-seated mental issues, stemming from either sexual abuse, mental illness, and problems with their sexual identity.
Do you really think any sane person would want to go onto a discussion board, with the sole purpose of starting an argument, if they were not mentally ill? These people would not act that way in the street in front of a random stranger, so what gives them the right to do it in an online environment? They are deluding themselves if they think that trolling is acceptable behavior. In my opinion, Trolls should be banned from the internet, and made to attend classes for their 'mental health issues', and be made to discuss why they feel the need to upset / harass / defame / belittle people online.
To understand why people 'troll' you first have to understand mental illness. Trolling is a sign of someone who is mentally ill, or who is emotionally unbalanced and angry at normal people for some reason or other.
We find that most people who are trolls do this for 5 reasons:
1. An abusive childhood.
2. Mental illness / Mental Health Problems
3. Homosexuals in denial.
4. Social Outcasts
5. Sexual Predators
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A ‘TROLL’?
The best ways to deal with trolls are the following :
Ignore postings that you suspect may be from trolls.
http://anti-troll.org/
"Gee, that conversation on topix today really changed my political views".......

Said no one, ever.:-)

If it weren't a convenient place to take out some frustration/aggression and get a laugh or two, there wouldn't BE a topix. Trolling makes the internet go round....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#973166 Aug 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! breitbart.... the source for right wing rumors!
Donger, time for a midnite snack!! Bring me some lichis....
Mystery Indeed

Danville, KY

#973167 Aug 30, 2013
A GREAT article :)
MYSTERY GROWS: JOURNALIST DIED PREPPING OBAMA EXPOSÉ

Major probe tied to agent suspected of sanitizing president's passport records

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/mystery-grows-in-j...
looking

United States

#973168 Aug 30, 2013
Are we going to start another war?
WAKE THE HELL UP USA

Louisburg, NC

#973169 Aug 30, 2013
Here are the 46 U.S. senators (44 Democrats, 2 Independents) who had voted to surrender our Constitutional rights to the UN. Note that there is not a single Republican among the 46 traitors, so don’t tell me there’s not a wit of difference between the two parties!

Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#973170 Aug 30, 2013
Craving a snack? Try printing out a brownie!
sonictrollfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973171 Aug 30, 2013
WAKE THE HELL UP USA wrote:
Here are the 46 U.S. senators (44 Democrats, 2 Independents) who had voted to surrender our Constitutional rights to the UN. Note that there is not a single Republican among the 46 traitors, so don’t tell me there’s not a wit of difference between the two parties!
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
maybe they've been listening to all the right wing neocons. after Iraq how could they be wrong?

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#973172 Aug 30, 2013
Every cigarette butt is a mini toxic waste site, sipping chemicals into our neighborhood water supply and ground dirt.

Lazy ghetto parasite Welfare Food Stamp Liberals smoke more than Christian health-conscious morality driven Conservatives.

And Liberals still believe Conservatives want dirty water and air because MSNBC wants them to believe them.

In the mean time: Conservative places are the most clean places but the Liberal's ghetto is a large trash can hell hole.
Hey mental midget

United States

#973173 Aug 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals are so full of hate and intolerance.
You never heard about conservatives threatening someone's life.
And they wonder why we're so concerned.
Hey motormouth, here's one of your compassionate crony's now, practicing that tolerance and christian-like exemplary behavior you're so proud of!! I hope you're "concerned"!!!

Conservative Candidate Posts ‘Shoot The N****r’ Photo Of President Obama On Facebook (IMAGE & VIDEO)In a post which has since been taken down, a Republican candidate for selectman in the town of Sabbatus, Maine posted a picture of President Obama that said “Shoot the n****r,” the Bangor Daily News reports.

https://bangordailynews.com/2013/08/28/news/l...

Do everyone a favor lardass, next time you post one of your lies, put a "BULLSHYT" warning label on it first. Better yet, keep your piehole shut unless you have something useful to say, liar.

What's the lie of today gonna be, shyt sack?

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#973174 Aug 30, 2013
Sick immoral Liberals now want nurses and physician assistants to be able to perform abortions!

There goes their "rare, few and only if needed" lies!

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#973175 Aug 30, 2013
steve richards wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not our problem, just like Saddam wasn't , right, far left zombie? Your side shreiked, F the Kurds, I say F the Syrians, all of them.
The exact response I would expect from a self-absorbed Republican. You are all so isolated into your own little world you can't see beyond your own wants and desires.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#973176 Aug 30, 2013
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
This has no effect on your Constitutional rights My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
WAKE THE HELL UP USA

Louisburg, NC

#973177 Aug 30, 2013
Ten weeks ago, America was four votes away from the Senate giving our Second Amendment Constitutional rights over to the United Nations!

Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
VOTE OUT THESE DICTATORS!!!!

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/0...
sonictrollfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973178 Aug 30, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Every cigarette butt is a mini toxic waste site, sipping chemicals into our neighborhood water supply and ground dirt.
Lazy ghetto parasite Welfare Food Stamp Liberals smoke more than Christian health-conscious morality driven Conservatives.
And Liberals still believe Conservatives want dirty water and air because MSNBC wants them to believe them.
In the mean time: Conservative places are the most clean places but the Liberal's ghetto is a large trash can hell hole.
you're just rhetorically compensating for FOX failing to make you old white folks stop drinking Big Gulps.

pretty funny when you don't have sit down to put the laptop on your 'lap'.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#973179 Aug 30, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you've just unintentionally called yourself dumb, deaf &, blind! Obviously, because you act like you don't hear all the threats thrown at Obama from your type. Right before &, right after the election, a few folks on this thread was saying some pretty derogatory things with hateful &, harmful intentions &, for you to pretend you didn't hear them, aligns you right beside them so, stop acting surprised. Y'all labeled him the enemy first, using conspiracy theories as evidence to back up faulty claims. Now you don't like it when you're being labeled, racist, hate mongering, American terrorist!
Like all those "patriots" that began killing white people and threatened to burn the country down after Zimmerman was acquitted?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973181 Aug 30, 2013
Ten weeks ago, America was four votes away from the Senate giving our Second Amendment Constitutional rights over to the United Nations!
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
VOTE OUT THESE DICTATORS!!!!
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/0...
....it would be disastrous for an American president to back off from the just and necessary use of military force when he has threatened it and prepared for it.

We therefore feel an obligation to persuade the president to follow through on his promises and threats.....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/barbar...

Neocons are never wrong. a quick trip around the Bush Library will confirm that fact.

but i tell you what....if you admit that Bush lied and people died i'll start ignoring neocons.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#973182 Aug 30, 2013
Good morning! I see we are already surly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 26 min Doobie Time 642
"word game" six word sentence (last letters) 28 min Doobie Time 195
3 word game (Jan '11) 30 min Doobie Time 14,269
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 32 min Doobie Time 12,962
two words (Jul '10) 33 min Doobie Time 28,128
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 34 min Doobie Time 19,612
last post wins! (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,008

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance