Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395622 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972668 Aug 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't see the difference between the use of chemical weapons against innocent civilians not involved in any war and drone attacks used as a weapon of war, you are truly clueless.
I actually excised the confirmed al Qaeda militants from the total number of casualties, because I KNEW retards like you are too stupid to understand (or too lazy to click the link and read for yourself). Would you like some bacon to go along with the three dozen eggs smeared across your fat face? Odumbo is the casualty king.....

2) The Bureau of Investigative Journalism estimates the following cumulative statistics about US drone strikes:[3]
(As of July 2013)

Total strikes: 370
Total reported killed: 2,548 - 3,549
Civilians reported killed: 411 - 890
Children reported killed: 168 - 197
Total reported injured: 1,177 - 1,480
Strikes under the Bush Administration: 52
Strikes under the Obama Administration: 318

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#972669 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you praise Bush for the temporary dive in oil prices. After all, you right whiners love the recession Bush created that caused that price to dive.
It is a fact, that Bush policies were responsible for a portion of those higher prices. His invasion of Iraq, his policy of expanding the National Reserve - all caused significant price increases. His drill baby drill instead of conserve also raised the prices. All in all, Bush policies added $30 -$60 to the price of oil.
The funny part is that that increase funded Iran's nuclear & military expansion.
You people are truly dumber than sh*t.
And you, dumbass dave, are ignoring the obama policies thst have increased the price of oil by 27%
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972670 Aug 29, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wife Shellie Zimmerman pleaded guilty yesterday in a deal that allowed her to avoid the felony conviction and likely jail time if she'd been foolish enough to go to trial on the perjury charge.
She was sentenced to one year of probation, 100 hrs of community service and must apologize to Judge Lester in writing.
No doubt the severity of that sentence has her shaking in her boots......

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#972671 Aug 29, 2013
Israel , Turkey hand out gas masks
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#972672 Aug 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Typical ignorant republican response.
FACT: Obama is fighting Bush's war. You own it. Can't pass the buck.
NOT Bushes war.
Just MORE Radical extremist jihadists wars.

Should've NEVER stepped a foot in Libya.

Tunisia had been doing just fine for MONTHs too-till this past week as well.

CHRISTIE/PAUL/Napolatano/Conde leeza Rice/Uncle Joe(s) et al 2016!

REAL Leadership FOR America again-NOT everywhere else against it!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972673 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I love the way you just brush off the fact you lied on a post. I heard MLK's 4th cousin on his father's side also didn't speak.
Alveda King was there & supported the March.
The "march" was a dismal failure......
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#972674 Aug 29, 2013
flack wrote:
NASA tests limits of 3D printing with powerful rocket engine test
U.S. back in the space launch saddles-no thx to anything extra from current fiscal (NON budget) policies!

Hurray for us!:-)

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#972675 Aug 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating and well-documented evidence by the military. Quite a number of military personnel from around the world together with scientists, experienced airline pilots, ground control and FAA directors are demanding a Congressional hearing to get the truth out to the public.
Too bad you choose to ignore the greatest discovery of mankind.
How sad for you. But it does reveal much about your politics too.
Forgot to mention former astronauts.

The overwhelming sightings of UFOs began after WWII after the A-bombs were dropped in Japan.

They are keeping a close eye on us now and especially our nuclear facilities. More than one nuclear facility was shut down after military personnel documented a UFO close encounter on one of these bases. One time in the 1950s, it was during a test of the missiles which were separated by miles and were completely shut down - all of them - after a UFO was reported hovering low over the control facility.

Unless the military is lying and faked this report and hundreds of others and desire to look foolish after years of military service and maintaining their silence as ordered in front of Congress and the rest of the world.

And astronauts are just cuckoo.

The only two choices. But don't get me started.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#972676 Aug 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Syria now takes a right wing nutjob back seat.
Obama Plans Executive Action To Close Gun Sale Loophole
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/obama-close...
another in the 'it's about time' category.
Really nutjob? Britain and France are right wing?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Doofus.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#972677 Aug 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So what country did Al Qaeda take over??
Yu do realize that having a camp in the desert in Bumfuck Mali doesn't count as taking over the country, right?
They took over Egypt, then got booted out, dumbass. If you don't know the players in the game, you might want to just read and learn a little about what's going on in the world before you run your ignorant mouth. All Suni terrorists are Wahhabist. All Wahhabist are pursuing the same goal. If this is too difficult of a concept for you, then confine yourself to discussions in some second grade class.
Al Qaeda took over Afghanistan. We got 9/11.
Al Qaeda has two known bases in Libya where they train their insurgents then ship them off to Syria to take over that country.

The Wahhabists got booted out of the government in Egypt. They are desperate to take over a country. They are trying to take over Syria. If you study some history, you'll find not too long ago Egypt and Syria were the same country. The Wahhabists wanted to recreate the old United Arab Republic, but before that could happen they got tossed out of the government of Egypt. They desperately need to take over some country to avoid being pushed back into the caves they belong in.
Obama is a stooge for the Wahhabists. They need the United States to bomb Assad.
If Al Qaeda takes over Syria, they get chemical weapons.

Now, back to the question you're still running away from:

Do you want to get Americans killed helping Al Qaeda acquire chemical weapons?
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#972678 Aug 29, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with Government handouts when
trying to raise a family.
Children get sick from all the stupid at school and
from adults that bother them.
What is a better life?
If your parents care about you they will try to give you a better life. Most parents are jealous of their children and do not
want them to succeed.
Your post just shows how far we have gone down as a society.
I don't work my butt off to raise your kids. My father was successful and he instilled that work ethic in his children.
Why on earth would anyone's parents be jealous of their children doing good for themselves? Just liberal talking points.

There is everything wrong with a government handout. First there are ways to avoid having children if you don't want them or can't afford them. Why should anyone have kids and then expect other people to pay for raising them?
My father did all he could to help me aong but the thing that was most important was learning from him how to take care of myself.
My father did't "give" me a better life, he showed me how to give myself a better life. He bragged every chance he got on how well I had done, he was proud of the son he had raised and he wasn't afraid to say so.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972679 Aug 29, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>I loved, loved, loved yesterday's Pro-Obama Rally disguised as a tribute to Martin Luther King.
And the string of speakers yesterday were darlings of the Left.
Organizers even felt it necessary to exclude the Nation’s only black US Senator, because before his name is the letter “R”.
Being on the side of history rewritten by progressives and promoted by the left-leaning media means never having to say you're sorry and admit these facts:
The Democrat party supported the KKK.
The Democrat party instituted Jim Crow laws.
The Democrat party fought for “separate but equal” segregation laws.
The Democrat party opposed Martin Luther King Jr.’s march on Washington.
And now? We Democrats of today feel that if you don’t tow the Party line, you’re no friend to their interpretation of MLK’s Dream.
Long ago, standing before a crowd that had clamored for a message of hope, and individual rights, Dr. King rang out the warning, that “We cannot be satisfied as long as the Negro’s basic mobility is from a small ghetto to a larger one.”
A half century later, we can be proud but not talk about how Liberalism has successfully managed to contain the Negro in the slums of Chicago, New York, LA, and Detroit.
In America’s most liberal cities, the black community lives with violence, crime and poverty unmatched throughout most of the rest of the nation. And in a rare place like New York City where that crime in poorer neighborhoods was greatly diminished, we liberals are now handcuffing the police instead of the thugs, because all liberal cities should have Detroit and Chicago's high crime rates!
We Democrats have convinced much of the nation that MLK's creed is not possible in today’s America.
Minorities, according to the Modern American Left, are incapable of achievement without the helpful hand of government.
Black men and women, according to the Democrat Party, can only find prosperity through the use of Food stamps, urban housing programs, and affirmative action programs in federally funded higher education.
But no worries, we can hide behind the media who can only talk about evil Republicans.
It was quite a retarded event. Did you fire off any relevant pictures via text while it was going on?
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#972680 Aug 29, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with Government handouts when
trying to raise a family.
Children get sick from all the stupid at school and
from adults that bother them.
What is a better life?
If your parents care about you they will try to give you a better life. Most parents are jealous of their children and do not
want them to succeed.
I will add this post of yours sticks out like a sore thumb as to the influence your parents had on you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972681 Aug 29, 2013
Democratic congressman Jerrold Nadler appears to be warning President Obama in a statement released today on striking Syria. "Constitution Requires Congressional Authorization on Use of Force Against Syria," reads the title of Nadler's statement.

The text of the statement reads:

The Constitution requires that, barring an attack on the United States or an imminent threat to the U.S., any decision to use military force can only be made by Congress -- not by the President. The decision to go to war -- and we should be clear, launching a military strike on another country, justified or not, is an act of war -- is reserved by the Constitution to the American people acting through their elected representatives in Congress.

Since there is no imminent threat to the United States, there is no legal justification for bypassing the Constitutionally-required Congressional authorization.“Consultation” with Congress is not sufficient. The Constitution requires Congressional authorization.

The American people deserve to have this decision debated and made in the open, with all the facts and arguments laid out for public review and debate, followed by a Congressional vote. If the President believes that military action against Syria is necessary, he should immediately call Congress back into session and seek the Constitutionally-required authorization.

Nadler is the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#972682 Aug 29, 2013
flack wrote:
70% of American adults have high-speed broadband access at home
Facebook soon to receive a "Warning: Bad for your health" label from the Surgeon General?

They ought to add "guaranteed to rot any half way still sane braincells" to it.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972683 Aug 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush returned to his normal activities the very next day after having the stent procedure. It's pretty obvious he was just making a lame excuse because he didn't want to attend the event honoring MLK.
Thank you very much for that retarded, long distance diagnosis, Dr Demento. Take two bananas out of petty cash as your fee, chimpy....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972684 Aug 29, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Really nutjob? Britain and France are right wing?
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Doofus.
didn't Britain help out with the failed right wing war in Iraq?

though it seems the French were smarter than most on that account.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#972685 Aug 29, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to hate myself for this because I believe you are batshit crazy, but you have a point here. No one wants to stand by and watch innocent children murdered but let's be honest, this is about oil. In 1994 in Rwanda 500,000 people were slaughtered and we didn't intervene. That said, these are real WMD's but do we have anything to gain by taking sides in a family fight? Usually it ends up with both sides turning on you, an almost certainty here.
The problem we have now is Obama's "red line" comment. That was a mistake. It was too specific and requires action. Veiled threats leave a way out and accomplish the same result, too late for that though.
That leaves us with choosing a target, logically the chemical cache, but that has serious consequences. Chemical weapons would not just harmlessly vaporize in an attack. If hit by US munitions, chemical dumps could release some poisons into the air. And, air strikes against chemical depots could allow extremist rebel factions access to any remaining stocks.
The only cover I see is through the UN. They are supposed to be the world's police, not us.
That's actually a thoughtful post, coming from a swishy retard like you.

I wouldn't worry about it. Putin has btchslapped baruck again, and the rest of the coalition is backing down now. To save face, odumbo will shoot off a few rockets and then retreat...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#972686 Aug 29, 2013
AP sources: Intelligence on weapons no 'slam dunk'

By KIMBERLY DOZIER and MATT APUZZO
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP)-- The intelligence linking Syrian President Bashar Assad or his inner circle to an alleged chemical weapons attack that killed at least 100 people is no "slam dunk," with questions remaining about who actually controls some of Syria's chemical weapons stores and doubts about whether Assad himself ordered the strike, U.S. intelligence officials say.

President Barack Obama declared unequivocally Wednesday that the Syrian government was responsible, while laying the groundwork for an expected U.S. military strike.

"We have concluded that the Syrian government in fact carried these out," Obama said in an interview with "NewsHour" on PBS. "And if that's so, then there need to be international consequences."

However, multiple U.S. officials used the phrase "not a slam dunk" to describe the intelligence picture - a reference to then-CIA Director George Tenet's insistence in 2002 that U.S. intelligence showing Iraq had weapons of mass destruction was a "slam dunk" - intelligence that turned out to be wrong.

A report by the Office of the Director for National Intelligence outlining that evidence against Syria is thick with caveats. It builds a case that Assad's forces are most likely responsible while outlining gaps in the U.S. intelligence picture. Relevant congressional committees were to be briefed on that evidence by teleconference call on Thursday, U.S. officials and congressional aides said.

The complicated intelligence picture raises questions about the White House's full-steam-ahead approach to the Aug. 21 attack on a rebel-held Damascus suburb, with worries that the attack could be tied to al-Qaida-backed rebels later. Administration officials said Wednesday that neither the U.N. Security Council, which is deciding whether to weigh in, or allies' concerns would affect their plans.

Intelligence officials say they could not pinpoint the exact locations of Assad's supplies of chemical weapons, and Assad could have moved them in recent days as U.S. rhetoric builds. That lack of certainty means a possible series of U.S. cruise missile strikes aimed at crippling Assad's military infrastructure could hit newly hidden supplies of chemical weapons, accidentally triggering a deadly chemical attack.

Over the past six months, with shifting front lines in the 2 1/2-year-old civil war and sketchy satellite and human intelligence coming out of Syria, U.S. and allied spies have lost track of who controls some of the country's chemical weapons supplies, according to one senior U.S. intelligence official and three other U.S. officials briefed on the intelligence shared by the White House as reason to strike Syria's military complex. All spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the Syrian issue publicly.

U.S. satellites have captured images of Syrian troops moving trucks into weapons storage areas and removing materials, but U.S. analysts have not been able to track what was moved or, in some cases, where it was relocated. They are also not certain that when they saw what looked like Assad's forces moving chemical supplies, those forces were able to remove everything before rebels took over an area where weapons had been stored.

In addition, an intercept of Syrian military officials discussing the strike was among low-level staff, with no direct evidence tying the attack back to an Assad insider or even a senior Syrian commander, the officials said.

So while Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday that links between the attack and the Assad government are "undeniable," U.S. intelligence officials are not so certain that the suspected chemical attack was carried out on Assad's orders, or even completely sure it was carried out by government forces, the officials said.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#972687 Aug 29, 2013
Every Republican That Was Asked Refused to Attend March On Washington Event

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/29/john-b...

i can assure you that MLK would've approved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min OzRitz 60,107
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 32 min too much 327
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 98,085
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,025
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 966
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 4 hr barefoot2626 1,362
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 12,678
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages