Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384359 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#970356 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
It is in the constitution. Post Office and post roads.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#970357 Aug 25, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:
Ft, Hood shooter found guilty.
Obama promises to appeal.
Are you just stupid or a pathological liar or both? One thing for sure is that you're a racist piece of fecal matter.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#970358 Aug 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
B of a now gives you the option of having your atm receipt emailed to you instead of printed.
I moved everything out of that bank when I had to start pushing 1 for English. The bank manager thought I was kidding until I insisted.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#970359 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest fears of the Obamacare crowd is that many single and childless people aged 18-34 will forego the exchanges and pay the individual penalty of $95 or one percent of income.
Young and healthy males ages of 21-39 will pay the brunt of the costs with the highest increase in premiums and, if an insufficient number of young and healthy people do not participate in the exchanges, it will lead to a death spiral.
Who is going to run to a government website and pay more?
Also, at least 26 states have opted out of Medicaid expansion next year.
Not sure the consequences if half of the states opt out. But it can't help the confusion in implementing it.
The 26 states that have refused Medicaid expansion are all run by Republicans who are making a political statement and don't give a good goddamned about their poorer residents.
Actually they never have. Because their sociopaths like you.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#970360 Aug 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Should clarify that even though not a birther...I don't trust anything about this president's past or what he desperately doesn't want us to know.
Don't know if that makes me an "official" birther or not.
Seems inconsequential to me given the known facts and the blanketed shroud of mystery overshadowing this president.
No Carol, it just makes you a delusional fool and a racist.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#970361 Aug 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You have one on your shoulders, dckhead.
Like the three most important selling points in Real Estate:
1.)Location
2.)Location
3.)Location
The folks in gay bars can see you coming:)
So you're looking for me son?

interesting....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970362 Aug 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It is in the constitution. Post Office and post roads.
"The Congress shall have Power...to establish Post Offices and post Roads;"

First, the Congress has the power to do so, but is not required to do so.

Second, this does not mean that home delivery is required, and in fact did not exist for many years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970363 Aug 25, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The 26 states that have refused Medicaid expansion are all run by Republicans who are making a political statement and don't give a good goddamned about their poorer residents.
Actually they never have. Because their sociopaths like you.
those states that refused Medicaid expansion are protecting the interests of their taxpayers.....

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#970364 Aug 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I moved everything out of that bank when I had to start pushing 1 for English. The bank manager thought I was kidding until I insisted.
I left them years ago also, but returned about 3 years ago. I love how automated they are. My balance is texted to me every morning. They make you remove your atm card before entering your pin...genius. I transfer money to my son from my phone. I took care of a recent unauthorized purchase through a chat session. No more pressing 1 foranything.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#970365 Aug 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you posting about an event that you're not interested in and have no real knowledge of???
Lonely?
BTW what is pvt 7 rd?
What is pvt 7 rd? Where did it come from? You being a creepy Topix stalker again? Dude, seriously, you need to get a life! I bet you wear plaid pants and silk shirts too. Still got that Elvis hairdo? Somebody in this day and age still calls women 'dolls' is lost in another time.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#970366 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"The elderly" need a bank account to receive Social Security. A computer is not necessary in order to have direct bill payment from a checking account.
Just try to pay a utility bill in cash.
Wrong again dumbfk. Many, as in millions of elderly use DirectExpress or similar as it protects their SS payments from garnishment from creditors and have any pension checks sent by regular mail so that the IRS for one and those collecting for unpaid hospital bills for another can't attach those funds.

In some areas, mine for instance, banks won't open accounts for persons with terrible beacon scores, BK's etc. as a way of avoiding the bullsht that garnishments create.

Once again pal, you're simple solutions require special sessions of US congress, state legislations and local boards and
commissions.

From simple minds come simple solutions.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#970367 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, this does not mean that home delivery is required, and in fact did not exist for many years.
So you're also eliminating the military in the same breath!

Well, technically by your standards, it's only the Army and Navy you're eliminating. The other services are illegal.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#970368 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually home delivery should be gotten rid of nationwide. Save a ton of money. Home town has never had it. Yes,'have the power to', which means they have the power to close them. Privatize it and save money.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#970369 Aug 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsht, three weeks had passed before Sharpton got involved at the request of the Martin family attorney. Obama didn't comment until after that.
By that time Governor Scott and Pam Bondi were both involved.
You're just another pseudo scumbag without a clue. GFY
The Martin Family--ROTFLMAO. What family? you mean the mother that finally got paid after 13 years of not raising her son?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970370 Aug 25, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure cretin let's paint all homosexuals with the same brush as Bradley Manning. But then again you do the same thing with blacks Hispanics and Muslims.
Why? Because you're an idiot.
just Muslims....

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#970371 Aug 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I left them years ago also, but returned about 3 years ago. I love how automated they are. My balance is texted to me every morning. They make you remove your atm card before entering your pin...genius. I transfer money to my son from my phone. I took care of a recent unauthorized purchase through a chat session. No more pressing 1 foranything.
with the exception of balances being text to me I can do the same with my banks. I have no need for that. I haven't been in a bank or wrote a check in I couldn't tell you how long. Years probably.

Level 1

Prevented this

#970372 Aug 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i must like change.
for example...drones are much better than costly Republican wars.
and are you saying that we shouldn't lower spending on entitlements? but here's the funny part....
...In past fiscal showdowns, Republicans have slammed the White House for resisting entitlement reform, but so far, it seems Obama’s play has confused the GOP’s messaging machinery...
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/...
so you must be loving that.
Your president O'bama is skeered of Rush-O'bama pisses his pants every time someone mentions Putin.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#970373 Aug 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again dumbfk. Many, as in millions of elderly use DirectExpress or similar as it protects their SS payments from garnishment from creditors and have any pension checks sent by regular mail so that the IRS for one and those collecting for unpaid hospital bills for another can't attach those funds.
In some areas, mine for instance, banks won't open accounts for persons with terrible beacon scores, BK's etc. as a way of avoiding the bullsht that garnishments create.
Once again pal, you're simple solutions require special sessions of US congress, state legislations and local boards and
commissions.
From simple minds come simple solutions.
Debit cards are for losers, offer little fraud protection and numerous fees.

Seems like Realtime is advocating deadbeats taking evasive measures to avoid legitimate bills.

Many pension funds will not pay benefits by check, period.

Level 1

Prevented this

#970374 Aug 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
just Muslims....
Moslems practicing Islam.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#970375 Aug 25, 2013
The Pope went on vacation for a few days to visit the rugged mountains of Alaska . He was driving along the campground when he heard a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. He found a helpless Democrat wearing shorts, sandals, a Vote for Obama hat and a Save the Trees shirt. The man was screaming and struggling frantically, thrashing all about and trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers wearing Go Sarah shirts came racing up. One quickly fired a .44 magnum slug right into the bear's chest. The two other men pulled the semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then using baseball bats, the three loggers finished off the bear.

Two of the men dragged the dead grizzly onto the bed of their pickup truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they began to leave, the Pope summoned all of them over to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he proudly proclaimed. "I have heard there was bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic environmental activists, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one logger asked his buddies, "Who the hell was that guy?" "Dude, that was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom, but he don't know shit about bear hunting! By the way, is our bait still alive or do we need to go back to California and get another one..?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 min zazz 98,047
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min Into The Night 59,546
Libertarians have Constitutional right to be in... 51 min USA Suicide Watcher 2
News Libertarians pick ex-New Mexico Gov. Johnson fo... 56 min USA Suicide Watcher 15
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr RuffnReddy 513,257
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Murph 73,640
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 18,982
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages