Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374925 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#969853 Aug 24, 2013
steve richards wrote:
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree that they qualify, what irks me is that you and Waxman, and Floriduh et. al. are ONLY interested in violent crimes in which blacks are the perpetrators.
Sure I can judge, that's why there's judgits.
Dimwit, your side has made it almost impossible to prosecute killers of any race in a timely manner and execute scumbags like Holmes and Hassan.
Colorado is going to spend a fortune to prosecute the patently guilty Holmes.
Thanks liberals.
If you're so dissatisfied with the Founders' Rule of Law and Due Process you're welcome to leave. You won't be missed. I know your heros Bush and Obama have done their level best to eliminate both but its all slipping away from them. Real heros like Snowden, Manning, and Kokesh are exposing the criminal enterprises established by the Demopublican Party.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#969854 Aug 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean you can count the Muslims who are defending their homelands against foreign invaders but not the invaders themselves?
I assume that if the US were invaded you'd sit quietly waiting for them to save you from whatever they think you need to be saved from right?
Do you think that only Muslims should be able to defend their homeland against foreign invaders?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969855 Aug 24, 2013
stupid grows even stronger....

Tea partier at Ted Cruz town hall:‘Canada is not really foreign soil’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/23/tea-par...

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#969856 Aug 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so dissatisfied with the Founders' Rule of Law and Due Process you're welcome to leave. You won't be missed. I know your heros Bush and Obama have done their level best to eliminate both but its all slipping away from them. Real heros like Snowden, Manning, and Kokesh are exposing the criminal enterprises established by the Demopublican Party.
You defend those that would weaken our defenses.

Wow,the government has secrets.

You believe anyone should be able to steal those secrets& broadcast them?

Are you this naive??

Name one major thing either revealed.

We spy on other countries?

The data gathering that the NSA was doing was being monitors & when they stepped out of line, it was discovered & changes made.

Snowden deserves to be in jail. He plotted to stel secrets & turn them over to foreigners.

That's called treason.

No one is reading your emails.

Data mining routines sometimes captured data it should There programs like the NSA are being monitored & there is oversight.

You people need to get a grip & face today's realities.

I have had the government step in & request information from my company because of a cash bank transaction or wire transfers from certain countries. OMG

We need to allow our country to do its job in counter intelligence. That won' work if you keep demanding a published list of weekly activities.

Instead, put your efforts to situation where the government truly over steps its bounds. Like using "Sneak & Peak" to investigate drug deals instead of terrorist activities.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#969857 Aug 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama gets away with thinking he is the government because people like you don't read current events and can't keep up.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/aug/21/n...
Once again Carol, you've got to read the whole article which you obviously didn't. The unions are concerned about language in the law that would seem to treat for profit plans differently than non profit plans as far as subsidies. They also have issues with the 30 hour a week cutoff for coverage as well as the one year delay for employer mandates. Sure, their concerns are valid and the ACA isn't a perfect piece of legislation. There never has been a perfect piece of legislation since the country was founded.
But contrary to your ignorant assertions do they want the whole thing scrapped.
Could the ACA be tweaked to make it better and address their concerns? Sure, a public option would be a big improvement and when health care reform was being debated 59.9% of Americans polled were for it. These improvements aren't going to happen as long as the GOP is dead set in their unrealistic attempts at throwing the whole thing out without anything to replace it.
So Carol, again why do you want patients on long term chemotherapy to get their treatments cut off because of an arbitrary lifetime cap? Why do you think that a survivor of childhood cancer be denied insurance coverage as an adult due to a pre existing condition? That doesn't sound too Christian to me.
By the way Carol the ACA was passed by Congress not just decreed by the President. It was also upheld by the Supreme Court with Chief Justice Roberts writing the decision.
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK 50

Louisburg, NC

#969858 Aug 24, 2013
Addressing a meeting of Planned Parenthood last Friday, President Obama accused pro-lifers of wanting to "turn back the clock to policies more suited to the 1950s than the 21st century." Like any decade, the '50s had its problems -- racism, discrimination, sexism -- but I'll defend the '50s on other grounds, if the president will defend the decade that followed. In the '50s, for much of mainstream America drugs were something you bought at a pharmacy with a prescription; living together meant getting married first, then having babies; abortion was not legal; our culture wasn't the enemy; metal detectors were instruments one took to the beach to find loose change and schools and the streets were mostly safe. It's "Ozzie and Harriet" vs. Woodstock. Dr. Kermit Gosnell is on trial now in a Philadelphia courtroom indicted on charges that he performed late-term abortions and killed babies born alive during the procedures. Is this the 21 century the president prefers? It is actions like this -- not the policies of the '50s -- that have weakened America and harmed the women the president claims to be defending. How many women has the president talked to who lament their abortions and say they would have made another choice, if they had been shown alternatives? Does the president champion the rights of these women? According to FactCheck.org , as an Illinois state senator, Obama twice voted against the so-called "born-alive" bills that would have "defined any aborted fetus that showed signs of life as a 'born alive infant' entitled to legal protection." He opposed the bills, he said, "as backdoor attacks on a woman's legal right to abortion." He chose politics, not lives. In his speech to Planned Parenthood, the president never mentioned the word "abortion," preferring to talk instead about "women's health." Could it be because 40 years after the historic Roe v. Wade decision, public opinion on abortion has changed very little? For the most part, those who favor it, favor it; those who do not, do not. The president and Planned Parenthood's other defenders claim that if the organization were to be denied tax dollars, there would be fewer mammograms, cancer screenings and other services available, especially to poor women. Is this anything more than a distraction from Planned Parenthood's real purpose -- providing abortions?

DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE 50S

HELL YEA!
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK 50

Louisburg, NC

#969859 Aug 24, 2013
According to analysis from the Chiaroscuro Foundation, a not-for-profit organization seeking to reduce the number of abortions in New York, Planned Parenthood "provides more abortions than any other organization in the United States, about one of every four U.S. abortions." "Planned Parenthood's bottom line is numbers," according to a 2011 op-ed for The Hill newspaper written by former clinic director Abby Johnson, "And, with abortion as its primary money-maker, that means implementing a quota.... I was directed to double the numbers of abortions our clinic performed in order to drive up revenue." Planned Parenthood spends a lot on electing liberal Democrats to office. It can afford to. According to its 2011-2012 annual report, the organization reported more than $1.2 billion in net assets and received a record $542 million in taxpayer funding. The pro-life Susan B. Anthony List has compiled the "Top 12 Reasons to Defund Planned Parenthood Now" ( www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/top-12-reasons-d... ). Read it. Planned Parenthood and the left are inextricably linked. The organization works to elect Democratic candidates who will defend their mission and those candidates, once elected, fuel Planned Parenthood's agenda by funneling tax dollars their way and trumpeting their "good works" in the name of women's health. And millions of American children are aborted. This is what the 21st century has to offer us? This is what we should prefer over the '50s? A 1962 hit song looked back on the stability of the '50s and the values that shaped the decade. It was called "That's Old Fashioned." The Everly Brothers sang it. One of the verses goes: "It's a modern changing world Everything is moving fast But when it comes to love I like What they did in the past." That beats some of the lyrics from the psychedelic '60s.
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE 50S??
HELL YEA!

By comparison, the'50s look pretty good to me.

http://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2013...

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#969860 Aug 24, 2013
Atlanta's Fed Chairman suggests easing of monetary policy in the fall.

Better hang on! Or better yet sell!
BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

#969861 Aug 24, 2013
Barrack Obama Is To The World What Lucifer Is To God.

Stick That Butt Plug Up Your Arse And Spin It You Obamanoids!

;)

End Transmission.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#969862 Aug 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>As a woman I love Rush--did you libs hear? he just signed another 3 year contract with Cumulus. ROTFLMAO--and you loon o tics were reporting he was done. And now your President O'spareme is a skeered of Rush. He is probably afraid of his own shadow too. Poor poor skeered O'bama, what to do?
Unless you never had sex outside of marriage, Rush called you a slut.

What kind of woman puts up with his hatred of women? Do you like being demeaned?

Rush is basically funded by the far right groups as he lost most of his corporate sponsors. They like the way he dupes morons like you.

If I tune in while on an errand, he always tells a lie & when I next check Topix, you fricken morons are regurgitating his crap..
OBAMA the GENIUS

Rocky Mount, NC

#969863 Aug 24, 2013
Republicans: have that kid ladies: NO MATTER WHAT!

Poor lady: I need help feeding my kid.

Republicans: What? Hey dead beat! Feed your kid or let the little devil starve in the street. "We can't afford it!"

Republicans: HYPOCRITES!

(this just in)

OBAMACARE!

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

RIP GOP
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#969864 Aug 24, 2013
U.S. Warships Move Toward Syria

August 23, 2013 8:00 PM CBS News

As the Obama administration weighed a military response to the Syrian conflict, the commander of U.S. forces in the Mediterranean has ordered warships closer to Syria in case the Pentagon green lights a cruise missile strike. Tomorrow, Joint Chiefs Chairman General Martin Dempsey is expected to present options for a strike. The news of a possible escalation came a day after reports of a suspected chemical-weapons attack that killed hundreds of civilians in the war-torn country. In an interview with CNN Friday, Obama said U.S. officials were gathering information on yesterday's attack, but that "what we've seen indicates that this is clearly a big event of grave concern."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2013/08/2...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#969865 Aug 24, 2013
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK 50 wrote:
According to analysis from the Chiaroscuro Foundation, a not-for-profit organization seeking to reduce the number of abortions in New York, Planned Parenthood "provides more abortions than any other organization in the United States, about one of every four U.S. abortions." "Planned Parenthood's bottom line is numbers," according to a 2011 op-ed for The Hill newspaper written by former clinic director Abby Johnson, "And, with abortion as its primary money-maker, that means implementing a quota.... I was directed to double the numbers of abortions our clinic performed in order to drive up revenue." Planned Parenthood spends a lot on electing liberal Democrats to office. It can afford to. According to its 2011-2012 annual report, the organization reported more than $1.2 billion in net assets and received a record $542 million in taxpayer funding. The pro-life Susan B. Anthony List has compiled the "Top 12 Reasons to Defund Planned Parenthood Now" ( www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/top-12-reasons-d... ). Read it. Planned Parenthood and the left are inextricably linked. The organization works to elect Democratic candidates who will defend their mission and those candidates, once elected, fuel Planned Parenthood's agenda by funneling tax dollars their way and trumpeting their "good works" in the name of women's health. And millions of American children are aborted. This is what the 21st century has to offer us? This is what we should prefer over the '50s? A 1962 hit song looked back on the stability of the '50s and the values that shaped the decade. It was called "That's Old Fashioned." The Everly Brothers sang it. One of the verses goes: "It's a modern changing world Everything is moving fast But when it comes to love I like What they did in the past." That beats some of the lyrics from the psychedelic '60s.
DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE 50S??
HELL YEA!
By comparison, the'50s look pretty good to me.
http://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2013...
that's what you get for spending time at a nostalgia site.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#969866 Aug 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you never had sex outside of marriage, Rush called you a slut.
What kind of woman puts up with his hatred of women? Do you like being demeaned?
Rush is basically funded by the far right groups as he lost most of his corporate sponsors. They like the way he dupes morons like you.
If I tune in while on an errand, he always tells a lie & when I next check Topix, you fricken morons are regurgitating his crap..
Damn you are an idiot RealDave/PDUPONT... Youi A mindless observation - but the view into your tormented mind was worth the read.

I'm not kidding.....

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#969867 Aug 24, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Republicans: have that kid ladies: NO MATTER WHAT!
Poor lady: I need help feeding my kid.
Republicans: What? Hey dead beat! Feed your kid or let the little devil starve in the street. "We can't afford it!"
Republicans: HYPOCRITES!
(this just in)
OBAMACARE!
IT'S EVERYWHERE!
RIP GOP
Ruth Chambers Holt???
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kennett-mo/TA...

Just how stupid is Ruth Chambers Holt?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kennett-mo/TB...

Greensboro, NC - Knightdale, NC http://www.topix.com/album/detail/gainesville...

Ruth Chambers Holt miserable life forever engraved on the internet
http://www.google.com/search...

I'm not kidding...

It's the culture..
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#969868 Aug 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so where would i find 'thoughts of my own'?
Yes another mindless observation - but the view into your tormented mind was worth the read Sonicmoron.

I'm not kidding...

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#969869 Aug 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody gives a crap about what you people do in your hood, and shooting animals from a distance far beyond the range of your ghetto blasters is exactly what will happen when you come out in the open...
WTF is a "Tim"?
My bad, I don't speak " Redneck Hillbilly." I understand your means of living is below standard but, that's no excuse for your ignorance of fashion! If it doesn't consist of " Wolverine or Caterpillar boots, 20yr old dirty ass fatigues, non matching flannel with the sleeves cut off &, a dirty ass Velcro strapped hat that an auto mechanic wouldn't even wear, it's as ignorant to you as the ghetto or, the struggle! You think " Marlboro menthol &, Coors Light " are both luxuries. Now jump on in that old ass F-150 &, get on down to your nearest outlet or, mall & find out about Timberland's a.k.a. Tim's. If you knew better, you'd do better but, you don't so, you won't!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#969870 Aug 24, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>My bad, I don't speak " Redneck Hillbilly." I understand your means of living is below standard but, that's no excuse for your ignorance of fashion! If it doesn't consist of " Wolverine or Caterpillar boots, 20yr old dirty ass fatigues, non matching flannel with the sleeves cut off &, a dirty ass Velcro strapped hat that an auto mechanic wouldn't even wear, it's as ignorant to you as the ghetto or, the struggle! You think " Marlboro menthol &, Coors Light " are both luxuries. Now jump on in that old ass F-150 &, get on down to your nearest outlet or, mall & find out about Timberland's a.k.a. Tim's. If you knew better, you'd do better but, you don't so, you won't!
Urban Ghetto is not a Republican invention you idiot.... Ghetto is a man made plantation demokratic disaster you racist...

The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd you fool where The Blind Lead you enslaved race peddler...

The sad and dangerous part is, there are thousands of "Cheese Thieves" like you NJ raider pimping selling out urban America at the moment for Money, Power and Votes...

You a race pimp peddler and black grievance predator, you NJ raider profiteering in racism and hate...

I'm not kidding...

It's the culture...
RACIAL PROGRESS OBAMA

Louisburg, NC

#969871 Aug 24, 2013
This weekend in Washington, DC, thousands will march to recognize the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. Just prior to that historic celebration, President Obama touched on the issue of race today at a town hall meeting in New York at Binghamton University. Responding to a question about educational opportunities for minorities, Obama acknowledged the progress America has made in race since Martin Luther King, Jr.'s momentous 'I Have a Dream' speech on August 28, 1963.

"Obviously we've made enormous strides -- I'm a testament to it, you're a testament to it, the diversity of this room and the students who are here is a testimony to it."

Yet, the president insisted,

"Institutional barriers for success for some groups still exist."

It’s all fine and good that the president can acknowledge the leaps our country has made in overcoming prejudice, but he seems to back track with this latter claim. Additionally, he contradicts his message of racial progress when making such comments as,“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.” While he manages to identify himself with the tragically deceased teen and suggests his death was directed by racial prejudice, he fails to comment or identify with the horrifying murders of Chris Lane or WWII veteran Delbert Belton.

It’s unfortunate that so many prominent figures are still claiming America is tainted with racism, such as “The Butler” director Lee Daniels, and the ever charming Chris Matthews.

Hopefully this week’s March on Washington festivities will be a celebration of our racial progress, instead of a condemnation of our past.

Obama at NY Town Hall:‘I’m a Testament’ To Racial Progress
Cortney O'Brien | Aug 23, 2013
THE WHITE RACE PUT OBAMA IN OFFICE.
NOW HE IS SHOWING HIS ASS!
SUCK IT UP WHITE PEOPLE!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#969872 Aug 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read and learn.
Perhaps the most inconvenient fact is the lack of global warming for well over 10 years now. This is known to the warming establishment, as one can see from the 2009 "Climategate" email of climate scientist Kevin Trenberth: "The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't." But the warming is only missing if one believes computer models where so-called feedbacks involving water vapor and clouds greatly amplify the small effect of CO2.
The lack of warming for more than a decade—indeed, the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began issuing projections—suggests that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...
Sixteen scientists attested to and signed the assertions made in the above article.
Claude Allegre, former director of the Institute for the Study of the Earth, University of Paris; J. Scott Armstrong, cofounder of the Journal of Forecasting and the International Journal of Forecasting; Jan Breslow, head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University; Roger Cohen, fellow, American Physical Society; Edward David, member, National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Sciences; William Happer, professor of physics, Princeton; Michael Kelly, professor of technology, University of Cambridge, U.K.; William Kininmonth, former head of climate research at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology; Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT; James McGrath, professor of chemistry, Virginia Technical University; Rodney Nichols, former president and CEO of the New York Academy of Sciences; Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, designer of Voyager and SpaceShipOne; Harrison H. Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut and former U.S. senator; Nir Shaviv, professor of astrophysics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem; Henk Tennekes, former director, Royal Dutch Meteorological Service; Antonio Zichichi, president of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva.
Knowledge is power.
Learn what Carol it's an opinion piece signed by 16 individuals . First off Claude Allegre is a real pip. In 2010, more than 500 French researchers asked Science Minister Valérie Pécresse to dismiss Allègre’s book L’imposture climatique, claiming the book was "full of factual mistakes, distortions of data, and plain lies". Swedish paleontologist Håkan Grudd called the changes that Allègre made in hand-redrawing a graph of his, misleading and unethical.
J. Scott Armstrong is part of the Heartland Institute which is heavily financed by Koch Industries.
Jan Breslow (head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University) is a medical doctor who’s done genetics research, but has no apparent expertise or training in climate science.
Roger Cohen (fellow, American Physical Society) is a recent retiree of the ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company, which clearly suggests impartiality on this issue
Edward Davis a former President of Research and Engineering for Exxon Corporation. No conflict there.
William Happer: Director of the George C. Marshall Foundation which is heavily funded by Exxon Mobil and the Scaife oil fortune.
Michael Kelly no background in climate science.
William Kininmonth; Card carrying member of the Lavoisier Group heavily funded by energy interests. Richard Lindzen who's a consultant for coal and petroleum interests to the tune of $2500 a day.
I think we get the picture. Of the 47,000 members of the American Physical Society these deniers could get only these 16 to sign on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Earthling-1 58,859
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Murphey_Law 513,039
News Two DeLand middle schools on lockdown (Mar '09) 9 hr DWB 7
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 10 hr Princess Hey 3,037
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 10 hr Princess Hey 13,038
last post wins! (Jul '11) 10 hr Princess Hey 5,937
The alphabet (Jun '06) 10 hr Princess Hey 1,645
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages