Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382088 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964353 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you should take a look at the latest poll.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/163940/satisfactio...
Only 37% of Democrats are satisfied with the direction of the country. That's a lot who are dissatisfied.
Oddly enough, only 16% of Democrats were satisfied at the end of 2011 and then suddenly they became ecstatic at 64% right before the 2012 election.
Strange. Now reality has set it again. Democrats can't seem to make up their minds if they're happy or not.
do ya think the republicans might be the reason the dems are unhappy?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964354 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
let's see the passport.
Great idea!!!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#964355 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've had some stuff on TV and a couple of movies. just background noise, but it pays.
that happens here....
http://www.broadjam.com/
I use broadjam myself. Small world....

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#964356 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've had some stuff on TV and a couple of movies. just background noise, but it pays.
that happens here....
http://www.broadjam.com/
It wants too much information to check it out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964357 Aug 14, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
Civil rights groups filed a lawsuit Monday challenging a new North Carolina voter ID law in one of the first tests of the legality of new voting restrictions being implemented after the Supreme Court struck down parts of the 1965 Civil Rights Act in June.
The Advancement Project and North Carolina NAACP, who filed the suit, charge that the law’s voter requirements will make it harder to vote and that racial minorities will be disproportionately impacted because they are less likely to possess required forms of identification. The lawsuit also argues voter fraud is not a significant problem in North Carolina.
Among the nearly seven million primary and general election votes cast in North Carolina in 2012, 121 cases of alleged voter fraud were reported by the State Board of Elections to district attorneys, according to WNCN.
When there are no means of detecting voter fraud, such as by requiring voter ID, then there is likely to be little voter fraud detected.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964358 Aug 14, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably didn't catch the ACTUAL news today (what with all the weirdo spam sites you visit). Hillary Dillary ck's 2016 campaign hopes went up in smoke (along with the clinton foundation).
Good times.....:-)
Just Phase I of the Obama media clearing the way for the Obama surrogate in 2016.

Hillary will never see the bus that hits her.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#964359 Aug 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Phase I of the Obama media clearing the way for the Obama surrogate in 2016.
Hillary will never see the bus that hits her.
I agree she will never be the dem candidate in 2016 (for a variety of reasons). If they nominate Uncle Joe though, they are toast.......
Aaryn

Hoffman Estates, IL

#964360 Aug 14, 2013
I think Obama has very little chance at a three-peat. The GOP has nearly outlasted him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964361 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree she will never be the dem candidate in 2016 (for a variety of reasons). If they nominate Uncle Joe though, they are toast.......
Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, Eric Holder, or Moochelle Obama.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#964362 Aug 14, 2013
Aaryn wrote:
I think Obama has very little chance at a three-peat. The GOP has nearly outlasted him.
don't give up there's always hope
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964363 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually meant analog tape from a bygone era with better sound (as in 2" 16/24 track). I'm now a Steinberg digital guy in the studio; guess its the highest end of the pro-sumer market (my radar gave up the ghost). Still using my trusty A & H mixmaster for live gigs, though. Love sonically wasting the guys with their digital boards with all the bells & whistles.
Oooops; I just used part of your topix handle......:-)
haven't done live work since the 90s. kinda miss the buzz but too many years on the road.

still have the Teac mix down deck, but the old 2" went with the A&H.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964365 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It wants too much information to check it out.
general idea.

http://www.broadjam.com/delivery/index.php
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#964367 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
haven't done live work since the 90s. kinda miss the buzz but too many years on the road.
still have the Teac mix down deck, but the old 2" went with the A&H.
Live work has never been worse musically than now, but studio stuff can still be fun with the manipulation digital offers. Just as well on the analog gear tho. Only a handful of people still alive who can keep them running, and head prices are astronomical (if you can even find them).....
LCNlin

United States

#964369 Aug 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should our tax dollars help any specific group, particularly on the basis of race?
much speculation regarding your absence, thought you were teaching English in Huehuetenango
LCNlin

United States

#964370 Aug 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, Eric Holder, or Moochelle Obama.
Trump-Romney in 2016
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964371 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
National GOP endorses 9/11 truther for Congress
IMO, the GOP is going to lose badly if this is the kind flotsam they feel is qualified to represent the American people in Congress.
http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php...
Kerry Bentivolio, the incumbent, is veteran of Vietnam, Desert Storm, and Iraq.

Flotsam, indeed.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#964372 Aug 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly they turn on their own.
Rachel Maddow would have been a better choice.
I agree.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964373 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
or, he's in Vegas like he said he would be. Just sayin'
Ya think???
LCNlin

United States

#964375 Aug 14, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Clinton and Wiener are the only ones having pipe dreams. Did you hear those tapes that Monica Lewinsky taped for Billy Clinton were released today. Funny she was able to talk to the President of the United States like that. He was a sicko wasn't he?
Speaker Newt had President Clinton Impeached and then Newt went down,
Romney ran a few million dollars worth of ads on this with Tom Brokaw
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964376 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the guatamala excuse better.
Galt may disappear again for a few days, just to let the idiots speculate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 4 hr BigD LVMc 761
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr zazz 98,042
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 4 hr JoeBakRotsInHell 134
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 18,974
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 5 hr Isabella Fireray 12,647
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr ImaginaryFriend 73,631
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr freelancehobo 59,437
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 21 hr Maverick 808 513,230
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages