Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#963407 Aug 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
James 'Whitey' Bulger, the man who eluded FBI investigators for 16 years after building a reputation as one of Boston's most ruthless mobsters, was found guilty Monday on federal racketeering charges and some -- but not all -- of the murders he was accused of.
He sure doesn't look 83!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/whit...
Hi Homer,
Just got back from Canada; they hate the republicans and fox.
Lily brought back illegals from canada to vote in the next election.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#963408 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Gotta make up another lie. It's "boy president", not just "boy". Makes it completely different. Like I said, you take playing the race card to a new level. LMAO!
I predict another lie from dumbass dave. He's going to say I'm defending a racial slur when in fact I'm pointing out how stupid he is.
Keep searching for ways for you to use racial slurs & justify it in your tiny little mind.

I guess if a Hispanic becomes the next President then calling hmi a wetb*ck President would not be a slur.

You are truly pathetic.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#963409 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dood....have you ever visited a bither site?
my fav....
The Gay Birther Blog by Patric' the Patriot
http://gaybirther.wordpress.com/
i suspect all birthers are gay.
Was angela there?

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#963410 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer stands with Ted Cruz on this -
Cruz has rebutted the contention that his Canada birth disqualifies him by pointing out that his mother is a U.S.-born citizen. Cruz’s father was born in Cuba.
“I’m not going to engage in a legal debate. The facts are clear,” Cruz said in July.“I can tell you where I was born and who my parents were. And then as a legal matter, others can worry about that. I’m not going to engage.”
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/201...
I may even vote for him.
I disagree with you and cruz.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#963411 Aug 13, 2013
Reuters)- Israel was set to free 26 Palestinian prisoners within hours to help underpin renewed peace talks, after its High Court on Tuesday rejected an appeal against their release by relatives of some of the Israelis they killed.

Israel's announcement on Sunday of plans to expand settlements drew Palestinian anger but no formal threat to withdraw from negotiations, whose resumption was driven by intensive shuttle diplomacy by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.

The United States is seeking to broker a "two-state solution" in which Israel would exist peacefully alongside a Palestinian state created in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, lands captured in the 1967 Middle East war.

The United States, European Union and United Nations on Monday condemned Israel's announcement of construction plans for about 2,000 new settler homes.

Most world powers regard all the settlements as illegal. During a visit to Colombia, Kerry called on the Palestinians "not to react adversely" to Israel's latest plans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/13/us-...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#963412 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Estimated Budgetary Impact of the ACA’s Coverage Provisions Has Changed Little on a Year-by-Year Basis Since March 2010
When estimates are compared on a year-by-year basis, CBO and JCT’s estimate of the net budgetary impact of the ACA’s insurance coverage provisions has changed little since February 2013 and, indeed, has changed little since the legislation was being considered in March 2010. In March 2010, CBO and JCT projected that the provisions of the ACA related to health insurance coverage would cost the federal government $759 billion during fiscal years 2014 through 2019 (which was the last year in the 10-year budget window being used at that time). The newest projections indicate that those provisions will cost $710 billion over that same period. As shown in the figure below, the intervening projections of the cost of the ACA’s coverage provisions for those years have all been close to those figures on a year-by-year basis; of course, the 10-year totals have changed as the time frame for the estimates has shifted.
Those amounts do not reflect the total budgetary impact of the ACA. That legislation includes many other provisions that, on net, will reduce budget deficits. Taking the coverage provisions and other provisions together, CBO and JCT have estimated that the ACA will reduce deficits over the next 10 years and in the subsequent decade.
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44176
10 years of taxes, 6 years of benefits.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#963413 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Cruz has rebutted the contention that his Canada birth disqualifies him by pointing out that his mother is a U.S.-born citizen. Cruz’s father was born in Cuba.
“I’m not going to engage in a legal debate. The facts are clear,” Cruz said in July.“I can tell you where I was born and who my parents were. And then as a legal matter, others can worry about that. I’m not going to engage.”
I may even vote for him.
I might vote for him in the primary but I'm waiting to see who else besides Trump, Cruz and Paul is in the clown car. Hard to believe but this batch may be even bigger losers than the last!

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#963414 Aug 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you actually did learn from your previous post concerning Bo.
Romney, if he were POTUS, would have tied his dog to Air Force One's roof.
No, lily still got a special flight to obamas vacation spot. Darn it, I confused them again. It was bo.

See how that works? Lily is as ugly as a dog so I get them confused.
Harry Reid

Pahrump, NV

#963415 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
I may even vote for him.
Barack will issue an Executive Order declaring Cruz to be ineligible. Problem solved.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#963416 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer had a 3 hour layover in Austin, I couldn't wait the get the fck out of there. Homer is a big supporter of he Texas Nationalist Movement as has been documented.
http://texnat.org/
Join today!
3 hours, brutal

Level 1

Gettysburg, PA

#963417 Aug 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Igonring the repeated requests for help, then lying to the American public about what it was that went on in Benghazi, and then blaming it on some damn duhmass, obscurely viewed video, is bullchit.
August 2012
AL-QAEDA IN LIBYA: A PROFILE
A Report Prepared by the Feder
al Research Division,
Library of Congress
under an Interagency Agreement with the
Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office’s
Irregular Warfare Support Program
So you re still claiming no one saw that video despite rioting & demonstrations all across the Middle East.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963418 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
and the legal scholars, don't forget about them.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#963419 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Go read up on the 22nd Amendment, he cannot run again.
Homer, Homer, Homer. You have any smarts/humor?
I know he can't run again he will soon be impeached.
I said you are ignorant for even saying it like you were hoping.
Go play somewhere else DUMMY..
ABs

Aiken, SC

#963420 Aug 13, 2013
Borowed from another thread, enjoy...

Memo from the office of the POTUS: Affective immediately...The SKUNK has replaced the BALD EAGLE as the new symbol of the American Presidency. It is half black, half white, and everything it does stinks. It is said that: If you give a man a fish you will feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime! New Obama Proverb: If you give a man hope of getting a job, he will vote Democrat for a year! If you give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone, free internet, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, ninety-nine weeks of unemployment, free health care and free medicine... He will vote Democrat the rest of his life and several more times after he's dead.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963421 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you vote for McCain?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963422 Aug 13, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I might vote for him in the primary but I'm waiting to see who else besides Trump, Cruz and Paul is in the clown car. Hard to believe but this batch may be even bigger losers than the last!
As a registered Independent I cannot vote in the PA primaries. I may register as a Republican next go around like the rest of the country bumpkins living in my county.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#963423 Aug 13, 2013
City of Arlington SWAT Raid on Peaceful Organic Farmers is a Big Budget Bust

August 12, 2013

The Garden of Eden is a conscious community located on a 3.5 acre space in Kennedale, Texas (DFW metroplex). They are dedicated to living sustainably by raising fresh food, utilizing earthen materials for building projects, and facilitating inspired events that bring out humans highest potential.

Since 2009, they have been providing food, shelter and sustainability education classes and workshops to the public for free. Their 3.5 acre land contains chickens, bees, composting stations, a large vegetable garden and many wildcrafted trees and plants that are used for foods, medicines, and household and beauty products. Their vision is to be a fully self-sustaining center for education on sustainable living.

At around seven thirty last Friday morning, inhabitants of The Garden of Eden, a small Intentional Community based on Sustainability, were awakened by a SWAT raid conducted by the City of Arlington for suspicion of being a full fledged marijuana growth and trafficking operation. Ultimately only a single arrest was made based on unrelated outstanding traffic violations, a handful of citations were given for city code violations, and zero drug related violations were found. The entire operation lasted about 10 hours and involved many dozens of city officials, SWAT team, police officers and code compliance employees, and numerous official vehicles including dozens of police cars and several specialized vehicular equipment that was involved in the “abatement” operation. Witnesses say that there were helicopters and unmanned flying drones circling the property in the days prior to the raid that are presumed to have been a part of the intelligence gathering. The combined expenses for the raid itself and the collection of information leading up to the fruitless raid are estimated in the tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars...

Landowner Shellie Smith states that she has been requesting a peaceful and honorable resolution since the onset of the dispute in February, requesting the aid of the City Manager Trey Yelverton, Sheriff Dee Anderson and Mayor Robert Cluck, but has received no response in the matter. Ms. Smith says “the City codes are in violation of our natural and Constitutional rights to live freely while causing damage to no one, and since there is no damaged party, there has been no crime committed on our part. Rather, the City of Arlington has trespassed and committed robbery against us, amongst other crimes, and will be held accountable in a court of law in due time. We have been targeted by the system because we are showing people how to live without it. We are growing more than just tomatoes here, we are growing the consciousness that will allow people to live freely and sustainably, and the system doesn’t want that to be known.”

http://www.undergroundhealth.com/city-of-arli...

Level 1

Gettysburg, PA

#963424 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
10 years of taxes, 6 years of benefits.

The CBO in its new report looks further ahead & The ACA still pays for itself.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#963425 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Dear Dummies,
It doesn't matter where Obama was born since his mother was an American citizen.
He could have been born on the moon and he'd still be eligible to be president.
Love,
Homer
John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone but right wing morons never questioned his claim to be a “natural-born citizen”. Could it have anything to do with his race?

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#963426 Aug 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>????????? Are you off your drugs again son?
Naw, But you are off yours....Sonny Boie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 3 min Princess Hey 12,420
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 min Princess Hey 9,271
One Word (Jul '10) 5 min Princess Hey 2,087
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 min Princess Hey 17,677
The alphabet (Jun '06) 8 min Princess Hey 1,278
last post wins! (Jul '11) 9 min Princess Hey 5,604
Song Title Game 14 min Princess Hey 41
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 18 min Ironman3 496,265
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 14 hr bunner 18,083
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]