Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1703863 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#964043 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH homer, did you bitch about my avatar?
No, not me, what was your avatar?

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#964044 Aug 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Admitted" is not "attended", dufus.
I don't know what his name was in Hawaii. You stated he was "Barack Obama" in Hawaii. I know he enrolled at Occidental with his passport from Indonesia as Barry Soetoro, a citizen of Indonesia, and filled out an application for a Fulbright grant set aside solely for foreign students as Barry Soetoro.
Then he stopped going to Occidental.
Democrats say he transferred from Occidental to Columbia.
He was Barry Soetoro at Occidental.
Barry Soetoro supposedly transferred from Occidental to Columbia.
Columbia says Barack Obama has a degree from there.
PBS says they can't find a single person who ever met Obama at Columbia, as does Fox News and the president of the class Obama supposedly belonged to.
You said his high school transcripts would be sent to Columbia and said his name in high school was Barack Obama.
We know his name at Occidental was Barry Soetoro.
So, a "Barry Soetoro" attending Occidental College in California applies to Columbia and attaches the high school transcrips of "Barack Obama" to the application.
Let's take a look at that application file.
I showed you a page from his high school yearbook with the name listed as Obama.

So explain how this kid with the name Barack Obama has 8 years of transcripts from a school in Hawaii & applies as a foreign student to Occidental under a different name.

Correction, you might think you know under what name Obama went to Occidental, but you would be grossly misinformed once again.

This from Snopes:
"Another false claim is that Obama attended and received financial aid “under the name Barry Soetoro,” using the surname of his Indonesian stepfather Lolo Soetoro. The college’s Director of Communications Jim Tranquada told us there’s no record of that. He told us in an e-mail:

Occidental spokesman Tranquada: Contemporary public documents, such as the 1979-80 freshman ‘Lookbook’ published at the beginning of President Obama’s first year at Occidental, list him as Barack Obama. All of the Occidental alumni I have spoken to from that era (1979-81) who knew him, knew him as Barry Obama."

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#964045 Aug 14, 2013
"School enrollment requirements

Provide proof of your child's age and identity

Either a birth certificate or another reliable document stating the child's identity and age (such as a passport, school ID card, school record, report card, military ID, hospital birth record, adoption record or baptismal certificate)."

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#964046 Aug 14, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Clinton, if elected in 2016, running against the Trump-Palin ticket, will give you eight more years too post states right propaganda ;-)
There will never be a Trump-Palin ticket and President Clinton cannot run again.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#964047 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think they will turn away a child who's parents does not bring a birth cert? That's against the law. Use your brain, Homey. Surely you haven't forgotten how.
Dumbass Eman now arguing with a state website stating you must have a birth certificate to register for school.

No birth certificate - get reported to law enforcement.

The law in Hawaii.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964048 Aug 14, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>He called it quits, he voluntarily left his position as mayor-he chose not to run again even though he would most definitely won. To me that is resigning.
Really? Why do you think that way?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964049 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Finished mopping. Even did a load of laundry.
How 'bout Obama missing that putt on the 9th hole when John Kerry is giving a speech about Egypt imploding in front of our eyes?
Obama did his job. He won. The real power does the real work now...or damage...whichever way you look at it.
Must be nice being the president without having to do the work besides reading teleprompters and rambling memorized talking points in press conferences. And someone putting powder in your hair to make it look like the job is aging you occasionally.
Funny his hair is gray sometimes and not other times, isn't it?
http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2011/01/16...
Nothing is left to chance. Staging is everything.
Ah! So now you're a Muslim Brotherhood supporter!

As usual, you people switch sides quickly based on your politics!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964050 Aug 14, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Libtard but the one who used the word target was LIBTARDS like you, idiot!
Here is the Democrstic target map you Libtards used with bullseye:
http://vocalminority.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f8...
See? You Libtards are ALWAYS wrong, ALWAYS!
Yes, it was more a scope sight sister Sarah had on Giffords. And once Loughner accomplished his mission, sister Sarah took it down.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#964051 Aug 14, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>The industry today is....hmmmm...according to the Washington Post, the Obama administration is pushing big banks to make more home loans available to Americans with bad credit – the same kind of government guidance that helped blow up the housing market:
In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default.
Housing officials are urging the Justice Department to provide assurances to banks, which have become increasingly cautious, that they will not face legal or financial recriminations if they make loans to riskier borrowers who meet government standards but later default.
Think about this statement. The administration is asking banks – banks that Washington bails out; banks that Washington crafts regulations for — to embrace risky policies that put the institution and its investors (not to mention, all of us) in a precarious position. So precarious, in fact, that banks have to ask government if they can be freed of any legal or financial consequences.
Not that they have much choice. Since the housing crash, Washington, as the Post points out,“has shaped most of the housing market, insuring between 80 percent and 90 percent of all new loans.”
And I have no doubt that demanding banks make more loans available to folks with bad credit is a political winner. Why wouldn't this be a good policy? Think about it, somehow Obama can blame Bush for all of this, as he usually does.
And by the time it all comes crashing down again, Obama will be on a book tour. It's a win-win for Democrats.
That's the same opinion "Lola" has son.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#964052 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So how do they verify who the child is? Their name? What if the child were kidnapped, the new 'parent' could just sign them up? Just wondering, seems to me their is something in place no, like maybe having to bring a child's birth certificate? Just asking, don't pounce, try and be civil once.
I'm not an expert, but I know it happens. Especially here in California.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#964053 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
Looks like not only do you need a birth certificate to enroll a child in kindergarten but immunization records as well.
Have we seen Obama's immunization records? is now the burning question.
No, but once when I was visiting the Obama's in the White House for a Giant Secret (from the taxpaying public) Party with A-List Celebrities who were uneducated but want to someday be appointed Ambassadors, I noticed that all the mirrors were covered and that Bo wears garlic around his neck as if to ward off a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie, which would explain the low canine population surrounding the White House.

Is there a vaccination for that?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#964054 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
"School enrollment requirements
Provide proof of your child's age and identity
Either a birth certificate or another reliable document stating the child's identity and age (such as a passport, school ID card, school record, report card, military ID, hospital birth record, adoption record or baptismal certificate)."
Please provide a bing link to the requirements for each state__thank you in advance.

Oh, and if it's not to much trouble a by state shot records requirement.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#964055 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Eman now arguing with a state website stating you must have a birth certificate to register for school.
The law in Hawaii.
"No birth certificate - get reported to law enforcement." - bullsht dave. You get dumber by the second.

"What to bring: Birth certificate

If a student is from a foreign country, the student’s passport or student visa is acceptable." these kids aren't being reported and they have no birth certificate.

http://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/ParentsAnd...

Stupid fckn liberals.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#964056 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The law in Hawaii.
BTW, dumbass dave, next time go to the source. A passport is an acceptable alternative to birth certificate. Liberals are stupid, this liberal is a special kind of stupid.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#964057 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So, how do you register for school without a birth certificate?
Public schools do not ask citizenship questions, just residentual questions, to prove that student lives in their district. If a student lives in the schools district or is an illegal the public school is required to serve that student. No birth certificate required you idiot...

It's the culture..

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964058 Aug 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! So now you're a Muslim Brotherhood supporter!
As usual, you people switch sides quickly based on your politics!
You're just hearing the voices in your head again. There's help for that. It's going to be okay.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964059 Aug 14, 2013
Well, that's it for me. Just a bit more bored today than usual.

But I'll try again later.

Maybe Obama will finish his golf game before Egypt destroys itself or a war breaks out.

Good thing Kerry's on it. Glad someone is.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#964060 Aug 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Public schools do not ask citizenship questions, just residentual questions, to prove that student lives in their district. If a student lives in the schools district or is an illegal the public school is required to serve that student. No birth certificate required you idiot...
It's the culture..
Dumbass dave can't read, remember?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#964061 Aug 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, that's it for me. Just a bit more bored today than usual.
But I'll try again later.
Maybe Obama will finish his golf game before Egypt destroys itself or a war breaks out.
Good thing Kerry's on it. Glad someone is.
You should be excited the whole Clinton Foundation has been exposed. The entire Clinton family is going down. LOL-Oh happy day!!!
But what complicated this review – what made its findings more politically devastating – is that the Clinton Foundation has become about more than just Bill. Now both daughter Chelsea and wife, and likely presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton have taken on major roles and, in the words of the NYT "efforts to insulate the foundation from potential conflicts have highlighted just how difficult it can be to disentangle the Clintons’ charity work from Mr Clinton’s moneymaking ventures and Mrs Clinton’s political future." Oh, they're entangled alright.

PAPER TAKES DOWN CLINTON FOUNDATION...(it was the NYTimes) LOL
'Ran multimillion-dollar deficits, despite vast amounts of money flowing in'...
Rife with Cronyism...
Website knocked offline... Developing...

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#964062 Aug 14, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Look booby, my sole focus is the secession of Texas from the U.S. After that we will deal with these issues as a sovereign nation.
Maybe we'll take a look at how the Obama administration has been doing as he is deporting them a lot faster than Bush ever did.
What do you have against Mexicans anyhows?
A lot of them work harder that your average acne face covered Anglo-Saxon teenager so maybe we keep the Mexicans and start deporting lazy people.
"With this rock I can knock that squirrel off that dead long faster than you can say 'Kennebunkport'" - Homer
And that explains the flood of illegal aliens coming across the border today. So, if Obama is deporting them, why does Obama need hotel rooms for them in Arizona?
Like I said, give every illegal alien working a H1b work visa, no change to citizenship requirements, and deport everey illegal alien not working.
How the hell do you get any animosity toward them from that? And, what's wrong with that solution?

"With this rock I can knock that squirrel off that dead log faster than you can say 'Chappaquiddick'" - someone before Homer

My original solution to the problem of 30 million illegal aliens here was to stop paying people to not do the work they are here doing. If you can't find a job, take one of those jobs. Stop all welfare. If you want to eat, get a fucking job. Work or starve.
What do you think is wrong with this solution?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 18 min LizW 515,640
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 39 min LizW 73,956
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 13,413
One Word (Jul '10) 7 hr Princess Hey 2,593
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 9 hr Princess Hey 23,142
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 19,717
3 word game (Jan '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 14,351

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance