Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#963311 Aug 13, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>Oh give me a break. It's not "the truth" if the media doesn't report it.
But I am most grateful that the media took time (a 5,400 word expose in the Washington Post,for example) to talk about Mitt Romney pinning a kid down when he was a teenager and cutting his hair. Or talking about why he wouldn't try to persuade the 47% who are career entitlement taking Democrats to vote for him.
These were front page newsworthy and political earthquakes.
You act like Obama's real identity and history are equally important. Get your priorities straight and thank God that the liberal media knows what is best for you and will help to transform America to grow that 47% of takers into a majority. Plenty of people who live in Detroit or Greece or Zimbabwe are perfectly happy.
You can keep the sarcasm. This ain't rock n roll records. The message is the same whether you play it forward or, backward! Nearly all republican states are welfare states, receiving more from the gov't than they put into it. Those are who you should be calling takers. Only 1 democratic state receives more than they put in. Now let hear your bullshit theory on this!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#963312 Aug 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>GFY, some more, you pitiful excuse for a human being, dish it out, can't take it crustacean bastard...tell us some more of your soap opera tales of your advanced studies in octogenarian transgendered closet cases...
Welfare People Upset About Obama Sequester Cuts

It's the culture...
Anthony W

New York, NY

#963313 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
How many insurance companies and rightwing run companies are taking advantage of the public's ignorance about healthcare reform to hike fees and pass along crappier health plans to employees and then of course blame healthcare reform?
Anyone have an answer for me?
The public's ignorance is what keeps us in office.

Obamacare contains a blizzard of mandates and regulations that will make health insurance more costly.

One of the most significant is its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs, such as co-pays and deductibles. Section 2707(b) of the Public Health Service Act, as added by Obamacare, requires that “a group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may not establish lifetime limits on the dollar value of benefits for the any participant or beneficiary.” Annual limits on cost-sharing are specified by Section 1302(c) of the Affordable Care Act; in addition, starting in 2014, deductibles are limited to $2,000 per year for individual plans, and $4,000 per year for family plans.

So why the delay? Sure, caps on out of pocket costs sound great but insurance has to be paid for somehow. These cost caps result in skyrocketing premium costs, something Democrats can't afford going into the 2014 midterm elections. This is also another case of "needing more time" to set up the proper resources and tools to implement new rules properly.

These mandates have already had drastic effects on a number of colleges and universities, which offer inexpensive, defined-cap plans to their healthy, youthful students. Premiums at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, N.C., for example, rose from $245 per student in 2011-2012 to between $2,507 in 2012-2013. The University of Puget Sound paid $165 per student in 2011-2012; their rates rose to between $1,500 and $2,000 for 2012-2013. Other schools have been forced to drop coverage because they could no longer afford it.

The reason for the delay?“Federal officials said that many insurers and employers needed more time to comply because they used separate companies to help administer major medical coverage and drug benefits, with separate limits on out-of-pocket costs. In many cases, the companies have separate computer systems that cannot communicate with one another.”

But the important thing is that all this is free. And I am so annoyed that Sandra Fluker is backing my opponent. Why doesn't she like my special pictures as much?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#963314 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Dear Dummies,
It doesn't matter where Obama was born since his mother was an American citizen.
He could have been born on the moon and he'd still be eligible to be president.
Love,
Homer
Democrats and Homer: We started the "birther" movement before we were against it..

Idiot retard liberals start and are the "proud parents" of the Hillary birther movement, sellout, then blame someone else because they're the idiots..

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#963315 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I am part of the honest working class masses dummy whereas you are a meth head. tic
Sure you do Homer... Exactly the reason why baby formula and rectal thermometers are illegal in Bethlehem PA.... They cause to much brain damage you idiot...

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963316 Aug 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Igonring the repeated requests for help, then lying to the American public about what it was that went on in Benghazi, and then blaming it on some damn duhmass, obscurely viewed video, is bullchit.
August 2012
AL-QAEDA IN LIBYA: A PROFILE
A Report Prepared by the Feder
al Research Division,
Library of Congress
under an Interagency Agreement with the
Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office’s
Irregular Warfare Support Program
The initial reports were misleading, in the end they got it right. Is it policy to send more people into an already explosive situation? Did we have support near enough to make a difference? Do you in fact have the same intelligence they had at the time? They made a judgment call and most likely the correct one, why rush more troops into an unknown situation?

Common sense say err on the side of caution or you could end up invading/destroying/rebuilding an entire country for no reason, see: Iraq.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963317 Aug 13, 2013
Looks like I inadvertently kicked a pile of crap and now there are trolls responding to my posts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963318 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad Obama cannot run again.
i think you added a sentence.

though now it's a much better read.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#963319 Aug 13, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do Homer... Exactly the reason why baby formula and rectal thermometers are illegal in Bethlehem PA.... They cause to much brain damage you idiot...
It's the culture...
"TO much brain damage, floDUH? Is that what happened to you in one of Scott's rest homes?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963320 Aug 13, 2013
as he talks to an overwhelming crowd of 60 Topix teabaggers at a ‘grassroots’ anti-immigration rally....

Steve King: Immigration Reform Will Bring Violence ‘Into A Less-Violent Civilization’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...

the grass evidently needs watered.

FOX?

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#963321 Aug 13, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
At least on occasion you can be honest. You are right, the boy president, nobama, did nothing to stop the sequester, he is indeed impotent. It was his way or the highway, he offered nothing. he just wanted a few more billion to piss away.
Yopu do realize even with the sequester spending in the bill is still up more than 4%.
Peace
KMA
Too bad that you can't ever be honest so it is really a waste of Dave's time to bother with you at all. The Obama Administration has tried numerous times to move past the sequestration with talks with the Congress on reasonable budget proposals--but the republicans have not been able to even agree to talk about the budget because they are too deeply divided and weak in their own party make any binding decisions thus they do nothing--exactly the disastrous anti-government Tea Party plan (any foreign terrorist group must envy the Paul Ryan's Tea Party diabolical tactics to shut down the U S government, weaken our defense , and injure untold thousands of Americans . The Tea Party is the real al qaeda sleeper cell lurking in every American neighborhood and roaming the halls of Congress .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963322 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Looks like I inadvertently kicked a pile of crap and now there are trolls responding to my posts.
the flies will settle down in a bit.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#963323 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Hey, why didn't Zimmerman press charges if he was assaulted? It begs the question.
You can't bring or press criminal charges against a dead man you idiot.....

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#963324 Aug 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Who's the real idiot? This fool believes McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Applebee's, & the list goes on are in it for the good of humanity. Lol! Nobody can seriously be that ignorant, honestly! At least in my eyes but, you surprise me once again. All the bullshit additives, fillers, & poison added in fast food &, you say it's for the good of humanity. You have to downgrade all the way to mom & pop stores to find people doing shit for the good of humanity anymore in America. Everything's about a bottom line profit, bottom line! All the while, people are getting sick ( HBP, diabetes )etc... Dying a slow &, miserable death. America just downgraded from the world's most obese country a month or 2 ago. True, nobody forces anyone to eat their products but, no one forces drug addicts to use either. Your thought process is far too miniscule too digest such a thing. You allow some political bureaucrat to tell you right from wrong. You're no different than a child, you need &, depend on someone else's guidance. Yet so quick to call names... True signs of a clown &, I don't mean that in a good way! You're a zombie in the movies, you exist but, you're far from living!
Anothet idiot who can't read. I never said those corporations were in it for the good of humanity. Stupid fckn bigot.
Mr mark

United States

#963325 Aug 13, 2013
WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI. Are u a business man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life.You can achieve your dreams by beening a member of illuminati. With this all your dream and heart desire can be fully accomplish, if u really want to be a member of the great illuminati then you can contact Mr mark +2348162934783
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#963326 Aug 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"TO much brain damage, floDUH? Is that what happened to you in one of Scott's rest homes?
Don't assume my posts are about you ass clown. But if you're affected in Ohio then that must mean you're guilty of something you idiot...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#963327 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the flies will settle down in a bit.
Flies are attracted to shit sonicimoron. What attracted you to Homer and his shit?

It's the culture..

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#963328 Aug 13, 2013
Fortynine49 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny. I figure you must spend at least an hour a day chasing your tail.
So, you haven't got a clue, either, right?
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

United States

#963329 Aug 13, 2013
'Race-based' claims against Paula Deen thrown out?

http://news.yahoo.com/race-based-claims-throw...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#963330 Aug 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a true idiot to argue against fact! You've proven yourself worthy! There is not 1 person documented that has died from marijuana. You take the luxury in proven otherwise. In fact, I can prove it's an agent of the contrary. Medical Marijuana! See the problem in this country is, when your uncle Sam can't profit from your success, he deems it against the law. Maybe I'm tripping or, you definitely are but, I've never heard of " Medical Pizza." America is so Fucked up, people have marketed &, soldfoods without glucosamine to people dying from obesity complications. Charging folks triple the price for food that helps them with their problem is pure evil! The fact that you believe that , profiting from a sick person's pain is not for the good of humanity! Yeah, I've hustled drugs for a living. Again the drugs are medical miracles until they're sold at the underground level. Then they're of the opposite in substance. Cocaine & heroin, are both medicine when in their pill forms but, deadly in their powder form. Yeah, well in mybook, 1+1 always 2. You can think what you want. Doesn't change the facts!
What a dumbfck. Marijuana is a contributing factor to many deaths each year. Quit being a dumbass and look at the big picture. Lung cancer, heart disease, obesity, traffic deaths. Lets get rid of mcdonalds so all the potheads buy salad when they get the munchies. You are one stupid liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IB DaMann 53,043
two words (Jul '10) 54 min Ironman3 27,206
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Ironman3 496,753
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr LizW 71,749
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr LizW 18,122
Blessed 4 hr MeMe 1
Entertainment 5 hr Very social 1
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]