Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1279020 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#961953 Aug 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
What’s the Matter With White People? A Modest Call for Personal Responsibility
One in seven white women, for instance, smoke cigarettes while pregnant, thereby endangering the health of their soon-to-be-born children: a rate that is 60 percent higher than the rate for black women. White women were also about 30 percent more likely than black women to drink alcohol when pregnant in 2010-2011, thanks to a significant reduction in gestational alcohol consumption among black women compared to previous years and a slight increase in such consumption among whites. So is there something about white culture that contributes to this disproportionately cavalier attitude among white women when it comes to the health of their developing fetuses?
And what is it with white people and suicide? Although suicide touches all communities, the numbers show that whites end our own lives at a far higher rate than blacks. In 2010, for instance, whites committed suicide at a rate that was roughly three times higher than the rate for blacks. Is there something about whites, culturally, that can explain this disproportionate inability to cope with life’s pressures, or with depression, or the other precursors to suicide?
And what’s the deal with white people and drug overdoses? In 2010, for example, white men were nearly twice as likely as black men to die from an opioid overdose and white women were more then twice as likely to die from such an overdose as black women. Interestingly, not only are whites apparently having a hard time handling our drugs, but even more telling, there has been a shift in the rates of opioid overdose deaths since the late 1990s, at which point black men were actually 44 percent more likely than their white counterparts to die this way. Since 1999, while black male opioid drug overdose deaths have fallen, rates for whites have increased by 137 percent! In other words, black men are taking it easier on the heavy stuff, while apparently white men are swallowing Hydrocodone like Tic-Tacs. What’s up with that?
And don’t even get me started on binge-drinking! It had been a while since I’d looked at the data on this, and although I knew white rates of heavy boozing were higher than the rates for blacks about a decade ago, I had hoped that we might have learned to control ourselves in the interim, but no such luck apparently. In 2011, for instance, white folks were still about one-fourth more likely than blacks to have binged in the past month, and 78 percent more likely to binge drink regularly (5 or more times in one month).
....Though I have no doubt there are redeeming aspects to white culture, with data such as this, and in so many categories of apparent and overwhelming dysfunction, can any rational person deny the crisis in white America? How much longer will we ignore the pathological behaviors of the nation’s dominant racial group? How long will we allow whites to blame their problems on affirmative action, Mexican immigrants, high taxes, Obamacare, Islam, oh, and black people, when it is so blindingly obvious that we are our own worst enemies?
Enough is enough. Time for some tough love. Time for white leaders and white-led organizations to finally speak out about the ruinous behavior of white children and their Oxy-addled, thrice-divorced, morally reprobate parents.
And if they aren’t up to the job — and of course, they aren’t — then I suppose a decent fallback option would be to just ignore everything they say about the shortcomings of others. After all, projection isn’t just a room at the movie theatre, or a talent they teach actors, if you know what I mean.
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/whats-the-matt...
Take your racism and shove it into the past century with vigor.

Step forward into the enlightenment.
THE DEBIL

Hungary

#961954 Aug 9, 2013
Note to my Dearest; I had a lovely afternoon with you and, predictably, made quite a mess of the place in the end. I hope you had fun too. Love, THE DEBIL.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#961955 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should take your beef up with a Democrat.
Bah, a lot of Democrats don't eat beef.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#961956 Aug 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a small fraction of all transactions are conducted on the NYSE floor.
You're gonna have to do a lot better than that.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#961958 Aug 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! As opposed to the yellow racing stripe down your back, son!
Seems to be the right wing crazy logo!
You can't hear me with your head stuck between your cheeks.

Get a crowbar and start listening, dood.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961959 Aug 9, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
'Hey, working poor people in Texas, your governor says F you.' "The Obama administration is making it very clear in red states that its the states' fault when people fall into the gap between the new health insurance exchanges and expanded Medicaid, because the states are refusing to provide the expanded coverage. They're going to include that message on the websites for the health insurance exchanges they're creating. But they're also getting increasingly and vocal about how these states are denying care to their citizens.
Case in point: Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, taking the message directly to Texas.
The federal government is open to expanding Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act in a way that is more tailored to Texas’ preferences, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Thursday while visiting Austin City Hall.
“We are eager to have discussions with Texas about a program that could look uniquely Texan,” Sebelius said.“But as far as I know, those conversations, at least with the state officials, are not taking place right now.”
Texas, however, isn't interested. " http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/09/1230...
Using federal funds to campaign against state government is a questionable practice.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#961960 Aug 9, 2013
"Obama is a Muslim and has accomplished his goal of destroying America", spoken aloud when noting the price of peas has gone up.

Homer's favorite rightwing quote of the day
THE DEBIL

Hungary

#961961 Aug 9, 2013
I actually quite like the smell and feel of semen dripping languorously off the ceiling, and walls in at least one case I notice... you did that, you minx, it's your fault! I'm told by an unreliable source that I just "raped" you. I'm writing to determine if you intend to testify against or for me in the matter?

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#961962 Aug 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Can the Republicans Get a Handle on Their Bigots?
With part of the GOP elite talking of End Times brought on by immigration reform, the party must decide: it is a place for paranoids or problem-solvers?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Take your racism and shove it into the past century with vigor.

Step forward into the enlightenment.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961963 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'll lose all the Jesus asshols and be even less viable. That's the conundrum that will doom your party.
The religious wackos have no place to go, just like the blacks who continue to vote DemoKKKrat despite losing ground economically.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961964 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
From your same source and exactly what I said:
The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), sometimes known as the "Big Board",[4] is a stock exchange located at 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. It is by far the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization
Means little if most of the trading is conducted elsewhere.
THE DEBIL

Hungary

#961965 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in Hungary?
I feel like I should make a joke here but I will refrain out of respect for your admirable intellect, and I'm not kidding. No, I'm not. However, I am available for dirty weekends in Washington, DC. Sometimes I like to drive out to McLean and spray graffiti all over the CIA though... it's alcohol...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#961966 Aug 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a small fraction of all transactions are conducted on the NYSE floor.
I just love NYC. In the 70's it was a shthole but now its one of the world's great cities. I go there every chance I get. I can only handle about three days because I exhaust myself but I'm the same way in places like Tokyo, Vegas, and LA. You can only handle so much awesomeness. That you would deny yourself the pleasures offered because you hate all things "Democrat" is just plain stupid. I think Republicans are, generally speaking, retards but there are things I love about Texas.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#961967 Aug 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt agrees that we need to shed fools like Todd Akin and eliminate any mention of abortion from the party platform.
No shot, people in rural America vote on that issue alone, you(Republicans) own it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961968 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna have to do a lot better than that.
It's true, about 25% and falling.

Few people pay commissions any more, and those that do are very small.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#961969 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm a middle-class white male ..."
Fckn moron. Go back to licking your testicles before the dog beats you to it.
You really don't even get what you're saying idiot, do you?

You say: "Its coming ... its here and you old white farts with your pitchforks can do nothing to sway its victory."

and when I call you out, you talk about "licking testicles".

I can see we have a real "bright one" here!

Dumbfk.

You may be a low-class white male, I don't care.

You are an idiot.
THE DEBIL

Hungary

#961970 Aug 9, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love NYC. In the 70's it was a shthole but now its one of the world's great cities. I go there every chance I get. I can only handle about three days because I exhaust myself but I'm the same way in places like Tokyo, Vegas, and LA. You can only handle so much awesomeness. That you would deny yourself the pleasures offered because you hate all things "Democrat" is just plain stupid. I think Republicans are, generally speaking, retards but there are things I love about Texas.
Oil, I'm assuming?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#961971 Aug 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The religious wackos have no place to go, just like the blacks who continue to vote DemoKKKrat despite losing ground economically.
It's very easy to see where your "colors" lie, Blacks & KKK are mentioned in almost every second post.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#961972 Aug 9, 2013
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel like I should make a joke here but I will refrain out of respect for your admirable intellect, and I'm not kidding. No, I'm not. However, I am available for dirty weekends in Washington, DC. Sometimes I like to drive out to McLean and spray graffiti all over the CIA though... it's alcohol...
Hey idiot Ghost. What does your proxy service cost you? Why can't you be a man and just post as Grey Ghost, liberal?
THE DEBIL

Hungary

#961973 Aug 9, 2013
You can always tell when someone "important" is at the CIA because there are very large men with machine guns and sunglasses and ball caps out front. They park their black Suburbans and Escalades in the little dirt access road in front of the fence every time where they are completely out of sight even from themselves so you just take a can of white or yellow paint and write on them. It's fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 26 min RetiredProfessional 502,294
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,627
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 39 min RetiredProfessional 19,223
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr LizW 72,675
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 12 hr Princess Hey 9,526
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 13 hr Princess Hey 4,656
Song Title Game 13 hr Princess Hey 167
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages