Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947707 Jul 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, we liberals don't put any value on education or take an active part in that of our children. That's why in my liberal family we have graduates from Mount Holyoke, Amherst and Simmons with my son graduating From CUA next spring. That's also why liberal states have higher high school and college graduation rates.
From those schools, all most likely with worthless degrees as far as employment prospects.

Ever consider escaping the Massachusetts ghetto?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#947708 Jul 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the jury agreed with that.
Even the alternate jurors.

No mo' money now for the greedy profiteers of off that sad case.

Disgusting.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#947709 Jul 18, 2013
"Kahunas"? Classic! You're "cwazy" Lois.

LoisLane59 wrote:

<quoted text>
Term limits once was one of the battle cries when demanding change and accountability.
Maybe it's time for another movement and risk being called racists again.
Term limits should be at the top of the republican platform in 2016. If they have any kahunas, it will be.
I'm holding out Rand Paul will be at least one future GOP candidate who puts country before party.
It's my guess moderates and independents would also get behind that candidate.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947710 Jul 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, we liberals don't put any value on education or take an active part in that of our children. That's why in my liberal family we have graduates from Mount Holyoke, Amherst and Simmons with my son graduating From CUA next spring. That's also why liberal states have higher high school and college graduation rates.

WTF is CUA?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#947711 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? Do you not see all the homophobic aspersions cast as Homer on a daily basis? The Kentucky hillbilly said she was disgusted by the male anatomy so I asked her the innocent question as to if she was a lesbian, and also noted if she was there was nothing wrong with that. Homer is curious in nature.
That is NOT what I said Homer...I was referencing my disgust at the vile uncouth TRASHINESS of a "little person", waving it for the world to see, on a website for KIDS.

DISGUSTING.(at the BARF level disgusting!)!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#947712 Jul 18, 2013
Obamacare Is the Right’s Worst Nightmare

News from New York: it looks as if insurance premiums on the individual market are going to plunge thanks to Obamacare. This shouldn’t come as a surprise; in fact, the New York experience perfectly illustrates why Obamacare had to look the way it does. And it also illustrates why conservatives should be terrified about this legislation, as it takes effect. Americans may have had a lot of misgivings in advance, thanks to vast, deliberately spread misinformation. But I agree with Matt Yglesias — unless the GOP finds even more ways to sabotage the plan, this thing is going to work, it’s going to be extremely popular, and it’s going to wreak havoc with conservative ideology.

....Where does the money for the subsidies come from? Partly by reducing corporate welfare: reducing overpayments for Medicare Advantage, reducing tax breaks for very generous insurance plans; partly with new taxes on the wealthy.

And while a few people will be hurt — young, healthy individuals too affluent to qualify for subsidies, wealthy taxpayers, etc.— a much larger number of people will be helped, some of them enormously.

Does this amount to “redistribution”? Well, yes — not as an end in itself, but yes, a lot of people will be made better off at the expense of an affluent few.

And Yglesias is right: there will be bobbles along the way, but this is going to become an immensely popular program. By the time Liz Cheney challenges Hillary Clinton’s reelection campaign, there will be signs at the rallies declaring “Don’t let the government get its hands on Obamacare!”

Conservatives are right to be hysterical about this: it’s an attack on everything they believe — and it’s going to make Americans’ lives better. What could be worse?

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/o...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#947713 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Trial outcomes depend on may things besides guilty or innocent. It does not change the fact that Zimmerman's actions ended up killing a unarmed teenage kid walking along a sidewalk in a community where his father was staying.
Maybe in your redneck la la land, that makes perfectly good sense.
Zimmerman was supposed to be a trained professional but made many mistakes that caused Martin's death.
John White (Long Island, NY) was convicted of second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of an unarmed white teenager; John White; is black. He was sentenced to 2-4 years, but was pardoned by Gov. Patterson after serving 5 months.
Why was he not charged at all? Why was he found guilty?
Take a guess.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947714 Jul 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Look Dilbert. A jury was legally selected. A trail was legally held and a verdict was legally handed down. I know you can't get this through your thick head but the man was found not guilty. Live with it.
Dumbass Dave is like a dog who will keep chewing a bone until his teeth break.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#947715 Jul 18, 2013
Obamacare puts Republicans in a bind

As Greg noted earlier this morning, House Republicans are — again—holding a series of votes meant to chip away at the Affordable Care Act. By focusing on the employer mandate — recently delayed by the Obama administration—the votes are meant to put Democrats in a bind. The Washington Examiner explains:

A vote in support of the employer mandate delay could be perceived as admitting the president’s health care plan is flawed. Democrats who vote no will be accused by Republicans of going against the president’s wishes.

Likewise, Democrats who vote for the employer mandate delay but reject a delay for individuals will be accused by Republicans as favoring big businesses over ordinary working Americans.

None of these will pass, obviously, but they are meant to emphasize the extent to which Republicans are absolutely committed to ending the president’s health care law.

The problem for Republicans is that this is happening on the same day it was announced — by New York regulators — that the Affordable Care Act has reduced premiums in the state’s individual health care market. The New York Times reports that premiums are expected to 50 percent lower than what is currently available.

....Here’s why it’s important to juxtapose this with today’s vote in the House. As the law comes online in the next five months, untold numbers of uninsured Americans will either receive benefits through Medicaid, or they’ll begin to enter the exchanges, receive subsidies, and purchase health insurance. In short order, the Affordable Care Act will have created a constituency for itself — the millions of voters who receive benefits as a result of the law. It will yield countless politicians — at all levels of government — who will want to capitalize on this constituency by working to implement it as best as possible. And this isn’t just true for blue states — you’ll see a similar dynamic in red states, where exchanges will also exist.

It’s Republicans who are caught in a bind. Soon, they’ll either have to accommodate the law in order to satisfy their constituents, or continue their quest for repeal, and in the process, further harm their political standing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#947716 Jul 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have basements in Florida dummy and, we have police for a reason. Trayvon Martin was the one who was threatened by Zimmerman and could have invoked the stand your ground law and beat him to death. If he was a badass, he would have beat him to a pulp, taken that babys gun, shot him and stolen his car. You know nothing you racist pos. Now, gfy
ongresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, a senior member of the House Judiciary and Homeland Security Committee, released the following statement today:

“Today was a questionable day as it relates to the life of a young child. America’s justice system is often viewed as coddling and protecting our children, the most vulnerable members of our society. As someone who has devoted much of my public life to advocating for the protection of children, whether from gun violence, bullying at school and in cyberspace, drugs, and unhealthy foodstuffs, I am dismayed that the Florida judicial system did not recognize and value the life of young Trayvon Martin. Trayvon’s family and friends missed him on the day he was killed and they still miss him today. They are right to wonder why others seemed to attach so little value to his life.

“The federal government stands to serve justice in cases where there is much doubt as to whether justice was done by the local authorities. I expect to join with others in discussions with the U.S. Department of Justice regarding the killing of Trayvon Martin, who was but 16 years and 21 days old when he was shot to death. I am also calling for the Congress to hold oversight hearings regarding the treatment of the killing of a juvenile in the circumstances that occurred in Sanford, Florida as well as the manner in which the criminal justice system treats victims of gun violence, especially young black male victims like Trayvon Martin.

“Many mothers tonight are praying, as I am, hopeful that things remain calm but also hoping that justice for young Trayvon Martin will be pursued.

“To the the young people who have grown to see Trayvon Martin as themselves, we encourage you to continue to invest in improving your nation, working with people of all backgrounds who feel as you do – disappointed – but will join with you in the fight for justice.

“We are all Trayvon.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#947717 Jul 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is CUA?
Catholic University of America, you dolt.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#947718 Jul 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Juror Wants New Laws So That Future George Zimmermans Won’t Get Away With Murder
Zimmerman juror B 37 issued a statement to CNN calling for new laws that will enable juries to convict shooters like George Zimmerman.
The juror gave a statement to CNN today saying that she was done with interviews, and she called for new laws,“My prayers are with all those who have the influence and power to modify the laws that left me with no verdict option other than ‘not guilty’ in order to remain within the instructions. No other family should be forced to endure what the Martin family has endured.”
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/17/juror-...
And no family should have to go through what that Georgia mother simply walking her thirteen month old baby in a stroller went through.
Wish that woman had a gin like Z had...maybe then there would've been two low life POS out with one swoop.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#947719 Jul 18, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you're doing now.
Idiot race baiter.
I get it. You had no point. Typical.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947720 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So now a degree and not the quality of your work determine what you earn? Weren't you bitching about the exact opposite last week? Are you a doctor?
Will ObamaKKKare allow good doctors to charge more for the same procedure that crummy doctors?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#947721 Jul 18, 2013
flack wrote:
Get your lie detectors tuned up. Gonna be some whoopers spewing forth here shortly.!!!!!
WHOOPERS??? Is that what Burger King serves in Crackerville, WVA?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#947722 Jul 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
From those schools, all most likely with worthless degrees as far as employment prospects.
Ever consider escaping the Massachusetts ghetto?
You're a total idiot. Massachusetts ghetto? There are over 100 universities and colleges in the Boston Area, you dolt. It's the center of academia.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#947723 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? Do you not see all the homophobic aspersions cast as Homer on a daily basis? The Kentucky hillbilly said she was disgusted by the male anatomy so I asked her the innocent question as to if she was a lesbian, and also noted if she was there was nothing wrong with that. Homer is curious in nature.
Homer's problems are self-inflicted due to his generally pasty and/or effeminate responses.
Sock Jock USA

Waynesboro, MS

#947724 Jul 18, 2013
Crazy New Black Panther Conspiracy on Zimmerman Case
Watch:

Quote:
"Fox News guest J. Christian Adams, a right-wing blogger and author who previously worked for the Department of Justice and contributes to Pajamas Media and Breitbart, claimed on Monday morning that the New Black Panthers, and not the body of a teen killed by a gunshot wound, were secretly the real "spark" that kicked off George Zimmerman's murder trial.

Fox News is supporting a conspiracy theory that somehow the New Black Panthers are the ones who "sparked" the case against George Zimmerman... instead of the teenager Zimmerman shot dead. The claim is, of course, based on nothing. Cenk Uygur presents a perfect case in point for why we make fun of Fox News so much.

Fúçkin sock!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#947725 Jul 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know about that one.
a whole lot of right wing denial dialog maybe.
Doubt it.

Innocent law abiding citizens deserve the right to protect themselves with arms just as much as low life thugs, thieves and cons.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#947726 Jul 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
or if?
stand your ground against skittles?
and you freaks keep accusing me of being slightly off?
"Knock it off" out there-hollered the guy watching the whole thing.

A TELLING moment indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Earthling-1 51,531
IRS Opens Its Tax Borders to Giving Illegal Imm... 31 min Culture Auditor 1
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 34 min The Real Missy 17,876
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 17,363
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr T-REX 492,172
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Maggie McGee 71,233
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? (Aug '14) 3 hr Lon Spector 123
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance