Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
868,661 - 868,680 of 1,096,631 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

The US President George Bush on 19th September, 2008 announced the need to act immediately to face the challenge posed by the financial crisis that has gripped the United States. He indicated that a plan was on the anvil for government intervention in order to salvage the markets and that this plan envisages enormous funds and also added that this involves certain risks. The president called upon the Americans to have faith in the economy. He said in his address from the White House that this is a crucial time to address the crisis and act to save the economy of the nation from big dangers. He further added that this collapse of the US financial markets was a crucial and decisive time.

Bush's speech indicates the graveness of the crisis gripping his country and that the US is on the verge of a collapse. This is indeed a grim situation. He announced his bailout plan today 20th September, 2008 and presented it to the US Congress for its approval. This according to them involves pumping huge amount of money in the range of 500 to 800 billion US dollars to be borne by the American tax-payers since this money is to be extracted form the budget. This will only exacerbate the budget deficit which has been in the red for the last two years. The US Federal Reserve, which is America's central bank, has already pumped in US $ 85 billion to salvage the giant US insurance company known by it's initials, the A.I.G in exchange for a 79.90% share in the group's equity being acquired by the state. This means extending state control over private sector whenever a need arises or simply nationalisation, and this is contrary to the free market capitalist system which envisages a policy of laissez faire and does not allow state intervention in the private sector or individual ownership. The capitalists argue that such crisis heal themselves and advocate leaving the crisis issue to take care of itself because their view is that this system has in-built mechanisms to cure itself.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
There is something about Z stalking the kid, killing him, getting away with it.
It strikes a nerve in folks.
The USA is armed up. It's crazy.
Is the NRA/GOP doing a thing about it? Hellll no!
Why are Americans armed so much: more than any other developed country.
Hey dooofus: we all know: 20,000 gun deaths a year in the USA!
IT'S NUTS!
You right wingers could do so much more: YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
<quoted text>
GOP in 2008 Panic

It also came a day after Bush went before the nation to argue for his administration's proposed $700 billion bailout of the financial system, which had been met with skepticism by some in Congress and the American public.

"Our entire economy is in danger," Bush said, urging Congress to take quick action and outlining his rationale for the bailout.

Failing to pass a rescue plan, Bush said, would create the risk of a "long and painful recession" -- meaning more foreclosures, lost jobs, declining home values, business failures, stock losses and difficulty getting loans.

Bush tried to rally support for the negotiations in his address to the nation Wednesday night.

"I'm a strong believer in free enterprise, so my natural instinct is to avoid government intervention," Bush said. "I believe companies that make bad decisions should be allowed to go out of business. Under normal circumstances, I would have followed this course.

"But these are not normal circumstances," he added. "The market is not functioning properly. There has been a widespread loss of confidence, and major sectors of America's financial system are at risk of shutting down. The government's top economic experts warn that without immediate action by Congress, America could slip into a financial panic and a distressing scenario would unfold."

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said the president decided to make the 12-minute address because he wanted to tell Americans directly about the severity and stakes of the financial emergency, which she described as a "once-in-a-century crisis in our financial markets."

Bush felt the public case had to be made that the financial crisis is about "Main Street, not Wall Street," and the "costs of not acting are far greater than the costs of acting," a senior White House official told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos.

Bush spoke after Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke continued to press for the administration's plan today before Congress.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Just a little more nauseated...being on the same planet as you already makes my skin crawl. You're already dead and totally soulless.
"leosampleanus"
At least you are honest, you admit to being nauseating.
Peace
KMA
Black Wino

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

How comes Obama ain'ts inciting rioting over all da black on black murders...? or when dat silverback beat da holy chit out dat white gal infronts of her child... Obama is just stirring up da chit to take attention off his failure as president...!
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Black Wino wrote:
How !
HERSHEY, Pa.— A fan on her way to

a Dave Matthews concert

at Hersheypark Stadium pulled over to help a stranded bicyclist who turned out to be none other than the singer himself.

Emily Kraus and her boyfriend pulled over Saturday to give a ride to a man whose bike had apparently broken down, she told WHP-TV in Harrisburg. They realized it was Matthews, who didn't have a cellphone to call for assistance. They helped him stow his gear on their bike rack and he got in their car for the rest of the ride, according to the Associated Press.

"We didn't know how to make conversation with him, in fact, so we were talking about his tour and where he had come from," Kraus said. "He had just been in Cincinnati and he said,'I'm taking a short break after this one because I have to drop my daughters off at camp.'… He was just a very humble guy."

Matthews invited them to dinner, took them backstage and got them

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
A man with a gun in his car. That must really piss you off. Call the cops, I usually have a gun in my car.
Peace
KMA
So what. Go ahead and shoot your 'creepy ass cracker' foot off in your own home or car, but don't ask us to participate in your foolishness . Repeal all stupid 'Shoot First ' laws.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So what. Go ahead and shoot your 'creepy ass cracker' foot off in your own home or car, but don't ask us to participate in your foolishness . Repeal all stupid 'Shoot First ' laws.
Just as Obama is trying to disarm civilians while arming the cops, and retired cops, IRS agents, and DHS to the teeth.

It's the culture...

Level 2

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny to a black racist like you, not funny to Asians.
"John Galt"
In the liberal loon mind it is a okay to be a racist. Read the posts on this thread.
Their mantra:
All whites are evil
All blacks are discriminated against
Peace
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

:-)

Driven from office by separate scandals, Anthony Weiner and Eliot Spitzer might get a second chance from New York City voters this fall, a new poll suggests.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Monday found that Weiner, a former congressman now running to succeed Mayor Michael Bloomberg, narrowly leads his closest rival, City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, 25 percent to 22 percent in a crowded Democratic primary.

Meanwhile, Spitzer, the former governor who launched a surprise, last-minute bid for city comptroller last week, leads his rival, Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer, 48 percent to 33 percent.

The poll comes roughly two months before the city's Sept. 10 Democratic primary, in which both men are trying to live down scandals that forced them out of office.

Spitzer was forced out of the governor’s office in 2008 when he was caught cheating on his wife with prostitutes. As attorney general, Spitzer had cracked down on the kind of prostitution rings he later was found to be patronizing.

Weiner, meanwhile, resigned his congressional seat in 2011 after he was caught sexting with women who were not his wife.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Trayvon Martin's supporters....

Showing a Hipanic man some love...

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/art...

Level 2

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Look One Dumbf*ck, the definition of stalk is to "to pursue quarry or prey stealthily " according to the Merriam Webster dictionary. I never said Zimmerman should be charged with stalking.
I never said Zimmeman intended to kill Martin. But, his bad decisions were instrumental in Martin's death.
"real dumb"
Do you think? No. It was a good decision om trayvon's part to beat Zimmerman's head into the concrete. We know. A coward like you would just lie there and take a beating. You are a perfect example of a nutless wimp.
Peace
KMA
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Zimmerman juror...

Trayvon threw first punch...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justice/zimmerm...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
Zimmerman juror...
Trayvon threw first punch...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justice/zimmerm...
Rambo Trayvon Martin drew first blood...

It's the culture...

Level 2

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong & wrong again.
What did you do for a living Dave?
"Waxman"
"real dumb" mows lawns when he feels up to it. He collects welfare food stamps, rent subsidies, etc, every chance he gets.
Peace

Level 2

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> So what. Go ahead and shoot your 'creepy ass cracker' foot off in your own home or car, but don't ask us to participate in your foolishness . Repeal all stupid 'Shoot First ' laws.
"back porch turd"
You go your way, I'll go mine. Been around guns all my life, never shot myself or anyone else. I will guarantee you, you enter my home uninvited you will either be laying on the floor waiting for the police to arrest your sorry azz or you will get shot. TYe perfect world for you, only the criminals have guns. Go suck a dick homo.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, I hate to do this but I'm going to have to straighten your chubby butt out. Get Mr Chiu out here, pronto!!
lol! What's the matter son?

Too lazy to do the complaint yourself?

Boy, for a self proclaimed independent bunch you sure do need to be coddled!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Leave the country if you do not loke the laws idiot. There is no thing as a shoot first law you moron.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Look at what Ivy League Liberal Professors ars saying about the Zmmerman verdict....

[Penn University Prof Says Zimmerman Let Off Because God Is a ‘White Racist’]

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/penn-...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave the country if you do not loke the laws idiot. There is no thing as a shoot first law you moron.
Gee, isn't that what the syg law is son?

After all, all you need to do is feel 'threatened.'

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Do you think? No. It was a good decision om trayvon's part to beat Zimmerman's head into the concrete. We know. A coward like you would just lie there and take a beating. You are a perfect example of a nutless wimp.
Peace
KMA
There was no evidence that George Zimmerman was ever in any danger from the encounter with a side walk . I don't think that anyone has ever died by sidewalk encounter. You fooled no one here by not showing any reasonable empathy towards how a young, passionate, freedom-loving person, like Trayvon Martin , must have felt walking home alone in the rainy dark night from his girl friend's home and spying a strange , older Hispanic man apparently stalking him from his car. Trayvon Martin's last words on this finite planet was " Get off me"! That sure doesn't sound like the words of someone who has just jumped out of the bushes onto a grown, fat man and started furiously pummeling him . James Agee,one of our finest poets and a man who keenly understood the sad legacy of racism in the American South, said "And a human being whose life is nurtured in an advantage which has accrued from the disadvantage of other human beings, and who prefers that this should remain as it is, is a human being by definition only, having much more in common with the bedbug, the tapeworm, the cancer, and the scavengers of the deep sea." - James Agee

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info