Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1759341 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940192 Jul 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Three hospitals with a combined 6000 available beds at best and___why don't you go ahead and finish the thought.
What a fkn stooge you are pal.
The best hospitals and the best doctors when you have a serious illness.

ObamaKKKare is geared for ignorant parents who take their offspring to the emergency room for the common cold.

Covered California is mostly Kaiser Permanente, a crummy HMO.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940193 Jul 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
She got sick on some bad Ketchup.
Either that or she was called upon to distract America from another Magic Negro Moment.
You're a disgusting pig, karma has ways to take care of filth like you

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#940194 Jul 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't bought a gallon of milk since the 90's, I don't drink milk. Wife will buy a 1/2 gallon every now and then for cereal. You shouldn't drink so much milk at your advanced age.
I haven't gotten food stamps since I was a child growing up in the 70's, wasn't really my choice, my parents insisted that I eat.
There is no inflation, prices go up every year.
Quit trying to manufacture yet another conspiracy theory.
I worked to eat. You could have done that.

Price increase is the definition of inflation.
Pick any other food item and tell us the inflation.
If you just want to compare total cost, I've been buying almost the exact same grocery list for a long time, and it has almost doubled in cost in the past 4 years. Milk is just one item of many.
I like my milk. I drink a couple of gallons a week. I love to eat a heavy breakfast like bacon with eggs fried in the bacon fat with bisquits with a lot of butter covered with (Jimmy Dean)saussage gravy, then drink a tall glass of cold milk when I'm finished. There isn't much that's better than that. I'll make a sandwich and drink a glass of milk after I eat it. I'll eat a grilled a rib-eye with a baked potato soaked with butter and covered with green onions and drink a tall glass of milk when I'm finished.
When I can't enjoy a glass of whole milk after I eat, well, I'm about to die anyway.))))
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940195 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq and Saddam did not become another of Obama's problems in the Middle East.
The war is over in Iraq. They will either survive on their own or they won't, but at least they have a fighting chance.
How much have the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan cost us? Would you happen to know - because I'd be curious if you did.
And what do you suppose the outcome will be after Obama says "okay, that's it" and waves a white flag when the deadline finally comes? Because that's what the enemy will see.
What war in Pakistan? Iraq was a beautiful thriving country until we smashed it to smithereens; and Sadam Hussein was a friend of the Bushes
LCN Llin

United States

#940196 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how Germans saw Hitler:
The fiery orator, working himself to the point of exhaustion in their behalf whose heart and soul were in the Cause, who could arouse their emotions and channelize them towards goals of national aggrandizement, who was courageous and dared to speak the truth to defy the international oppressors, a sincere Hitler whose words burned into the most secret recesses of their minds and rebuked them for their own shortcomings.
He was so convincing on the speaker's platform that the majority of his listeners were ready to believe almost anything good about him because they wanted to believe it.
From the beginning, Hitler steadfastly refused to divulge anything about his personal life, past or present. The more secrecy he maintained about his personal life the more curious his followers became.
The Nazi propaganda machine devoted all its efforts to the task of portraying Hitler as something extra-human. According to the propaganda, that the Fuehrer is a person with tremendous will-power and self-discipline, above human weaknesses.
Hitler was pictured as an "affable lord of the manor", full of gentleness, kindliness and helpfulness, or, as Oechsner puts it, he is the Great Comforter - father, husband, brother or son to every German who lacks or has lost such a relative.
The German people were prepared to take the short step of seeing Hitler, not as a man, but as a Messiah of Germany.
Hitler's portrait was entirely surrounded as though by a halo with various copies of a painting of Christ. Notes appeared in the press to the effect that, "Als er sprach, hoerte man den Mantel Gottes durch den Saal rauschen!"
"We believe in Holy Germany
Holy Germany is Hitler!
We believe in Holy Hitler!!"
This is how Hitler paved his path to immortality. The Hitler the German people knew was a fundamentally fiery orator who fascinated them and gradually embroidered by the propaganda until he was presented to them as a full-fledged deity. Everything else is carefully concealed from them as a whole. How many Germans believe it we do not know. Some, certainly, believe it wholeheartedly.
http://ess.uwe.ac.uk/documents/osssection2.ht...
Yes, many Germans were apathetic towards the Jews even knowing about the oppression and concentration camps.
But the scary thing is they simply didn't see - or refused to see -the "darker side" of Hitler.
When and why his own SS decided to assassinate him is my next research project.
Obviously you have never read a book on German History or World War II!
You seem to admire and enjoy defending Hitler? This is revealing?

It was the German Armed Forces involved in the bomb plot
Not the SS.
LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#940197 Jul 8, 2013
Now that the terrorists have been tossed out on their asses in Egypt, McCain says "suspend" the shipment of arms... until the terrorists gain power again, I suppose.
McCain really has to go.
I haven't thought much of him since 1996 when he co-authored the obviously unconstitutional Line Item Veto legislation.
LCN Llin

United States

#940198 Jul 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, they wouldn't last a minute!
....enjoying carols bumbling into history, the cut and paste variety, involving defending Hitler's legacy.
It is no wonder she does not like President Obama.
More fiction on Iraq and Pakistan :-)
LCN Llin

United States

#940199 Jul 8, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What war in Pakistan? Iraq was a beautiful thriving country until we smashed it to smithereens; and Sadam Hussein was a friend of the Bushes
Cut and paste history, Iraq, Pakistan, Benghazi, ACORN all a confused mess.
Can you teach in private school without a university degree?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#940200 Jul 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have the ability to read Bush's statement carefully, you will see that Bush did not imply either approval or disapproval of Obama's actions.
The same way bushie boy never said iraq had anything to do with 9/11.....
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940201 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked to eat. You could have done that.
Price increase is the definition of inflation.
Pick any other food item and tell us the inflation.
If you just want to compare total cost, I've been buying almost the exact same grocery list for a long time, and it has almost doubled in cost in the past 4 years. Milk is just one item of many.
I like my milk. I drink a couple of gallons a week. I love to eat a heavy breakfast like bacon with eggs fried in the bacon fat with bisquits with a lot of butter covered with (Jimmy Dean)saussage gravy, then drink a tall glass of cold milk when I'm finished. There isn't much that's better than that. I'll make a sandwich and drink a glass of milk after I eat it. I'll eat a grilled a rib-eye with a baked potato soaked with butter and covered with green onions and drink a tall glass of milk when I'm finished.
When I can't enjoy a glass of whole milk after I eat, well, I'm about to die anyway.))))
Well that explains a lot

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#940202 Jul 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have never read a book on German History or World War II!
You seem to admire and enjoy defending Hitler? This is revealing?
It was the German Armed Forces involved in the bomb plot
Not the SS.
LOL
Unlike you and most liberals, I wouldn't even think that my worst enemy admired Hitler - much less tell them.

So there's your sign.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#940203 Jul 8, 2013
Shift change. Night shift coming on. I guess they're late for work... again.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#940204 Jul 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Low student loan interest rates encourage colleges to raise costs without control and encourage unqualified students to pursue worthless degrees.
So, what does Government free money to Wall Street bankers in an unregulated market do but encourage the dumbest bankers to take high risks with other peoples money . Gee , Wall Street thought, that George W Bush was a gullible idiot.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940205 Jul 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut and paste history, Iraq, Pakistan, Benghazi, ACORN all a confused mess.
Can you teach in private school without a university degree?
No, but she taught in public school, if you can believe that. She's claims to have graduated from U of Il.
What happened? It's mind boggling

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#940206 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Now that the terrorists have been tossed out on their asses in Egypt, McCain says "suspend" the shipment of arms... until the terrorists gain power again, I suppose.
McCain really has to go.
I haven't thought much of him since 1996 when he co-authored the obviously unconstitutional Line Item Veto legislation.
So, you're willing to concede that the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has as much right as other opposition groups to participate in Egyptian politics. President Obama's position exactly like yours,except yours advocate greater violence .
Benjamin Tannenbaum

Meridian, MS

#940207 Jul 8, 2013
Murdoch tweets about 'Jewish owned press'(CNN)
Watch:

Count the jewish reporters on the panel.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#940208 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the election when the Democrats were busted stealing votes in the recount?("Blizzard of chad"??? Is that the election you're talking about?)
Do you mean the surplus caused by the Republican Congress that Clinton had to be dragged kicking and screaming to?
Do you mean the "zero wars" when Al Qaeda was bombing us as if they were on a schedule?
Do you mean Bush ended those "zero wars" by arranging for Al Qaeda to kill 3000 Americans?
Do you mean the economic collapse caused by the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that the Republicans gave to the Democrats in exchange for the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank?
Do you listen to yourself... when your ear doesn't have male genetalia in it?
You sure are screwed on your history son.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#940209 Jul 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing
List a book you have read on American History, American Politics .... or .... a book your have read on any subject.
LOL
I'm sure that you read the one about George Washington chopping down a Cherry Tree:]

Amusing.

Quaint.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940210 Jul 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
....enjoying carols bumbling into history, the cut and paste variety, involving defending Hitler's legacy.
It is no wonder she does not like President Obama.
More fiction on Iraq and Pakistan :-)
She is attempting to equivocate President Obama to Hitler. Have German friends who say they had no clue what was happening. One man said he thought his stint in Hitlers youth corp was akin to boyscouts!
Have American friends of German descent who are anti Semitic! A learned behavior from ignorant parents.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#940211 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, dufus. Let's go over this again....
It's 9/12.
You're the president.
What do you do?
Your answer was:
"Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and somehow you expect a different result?"
Is this correct? You would do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and you're stupid enough to think you'd have a different experience than the Soviets, right?
Or, was your answer one of the other options, like "do something differently."
If you would have done simething different than what the Soviets did, what would that have been?
bushie boy was at battle stations on 08/11.

I guess he perceived the attack....

... he simply missed it.

And apparently, based on your logic, he allowed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 min T-REX 517,956
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 2 hr The Peoples Media 3,158
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr FARTS DOG 64,673
News Casey Anthony: Deputy fired for failing to prop... (Apr '09) 21 hr Lee 515
News Former Warner Christian Academy teacher charged... (Oct '08) May 18 Terrible choice 103
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) May 18 zazz 98,729
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) May 18 Maggie McGee 74,150

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages