Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,902)

Showing posts 858,021 - 858,040 of1,071,470
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about as harsh as it gets.
Matthew 10:34-39
New International Version (NIV)
ďDo not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, a manís enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."
In other words, the source comes first - above all else.
But nothing about killing infidels who choose otherwise.
Philip Jenkinsís challenging new book Laying Down the Sword shows that the Bible contains incitements not just to violence but also to genocide. He argues that Christians and Jews should struggle to make sense of these violent texts as a central element of their tradition, rather than hurry past them or ignore them altogether.

The most painful passages come in the books of Joshua and Judges, which Jenkins describes as an ďorgy of militarism, enslavement, and race war.Ē The Israelites, emerging from the desert after their escape from Egypt, attack Canaanite cities, whose people are described by the biblical narrator as very wicked. God commands the Israelites to exterminate the inhabitantsómen, women, children, and animals alike, until nothing is left alive. Likewise in the Book of Samuel, King Saul eventually loses Godís favor not for his bloodthirstiness in war but for his restraintóhe fails to annihilate his enemies. The prophet Samuel denounces him for sparing some of the Amalekites, takes up a sword, and personally hacks the captive King Agag to pieces. To make matters worse, says Jenkins, God sometimes deliberately ďhardens the heartsĒ of other peoples, using them to chastise the sinful Hebrews. Then He raises up Judges, righteous Israelites, to smite and destroy them in turn. Itís almost as if He wanted the highest possible body count.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we make immigration not based on family units or quotas but based on need for workers?
Galt likes the idea of a guest worker program.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Let me end with another paradox about which I would have liked to hear Jenkinsís thoughts. He encourages us to look at historical events from the vantage point of the weaker party, and he tells us that we need to reincorporate the genocidal passages into our understanding and worship. That got me thinking about another biblical genocideóNoahís flood. We are all familiar with pictures of the animals lining up two-by-two and parading into the ark; these plucky survivors have become a staple subject for greeting-card artists, songwriters, cartoonists, even environmentalists. What we are not used to thinking about is the fact that God Himself in this story is committing genocide, killing everyone in the world except for the members of a single family. Itís a horrifying tale but one that our culture treats as colorful and uplifting, a prelude to the first rainbow. Iíve never heard a sermon on it as an act of divine rage and apocalyptic destruction. Perhaps that just confirms Jenkinsí general point that we should be a lot more self-aware and self-critical when we think about our religion and a lot slower to condemn the violent tendencies in the religions of others.

American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you Teabaggers express your intense admiration for Communists like Putin.
You nitwits even like that he's a thief who stole a Super Bowl Ring from Robert Kraft.
Nice work, comrade.
Putin throws down Obama

By Xavier Lerma

Not so fast Mr. Hope and Change. Haven't you heard? There's a new Sheriff in town in the Middle East. President Putin reminded Barry that he's in charge. He already reminded Netanyahu recently after Israel fired into Damascus in early May. Afterward, Bibi sang a different tune. Putin's talent as a Judo expert is always useful in these situations. When Obama was continually arming Syrian rebels; declaring no fly zones and moving his Marines into Jordan Putin took quick action. Obama sang a different tune as well and even said, "and finally we compared notes on President Putin's expertise in Judo and my declining skills in basketball". The following video is in English and Russian:

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/18-0...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

American Heart (Official Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Good Night American Hearts <3
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republiclown base is filled with racist morons like yourself.
And there just aren't enough of you old white morons to win an election, which is why your side lost 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections.
All you nitwits are doing is giving Hillary a landslide.
Your stupid base is losing big time, from gay marriage, to Obamacare, to immigration.
Your party is as dead as you are - from the neck up, idiots all.
I find your desperation amusing. Carol is so far off the rails she's breathing fire with her Obamaphobia!!
I'm lovin' it!!
I always wonder when I hear these tirades fresh from progressive sites who the writer of these epithets is attempting to soothe -the reader or themselves.

The ancient supporters of the Soros echo chamber will soon enough be gone. Do they fear the money will leave with them? A real possibility as the money is use to buy power.

So the writer soothes himself that it will be okay as he is victorious and his work is done. A victory that was never won.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors already complaining people on medicare scheduling unneeded appointments.
That's just stupid. No doctor is going to complain about people on medicare wanting 'too many' physical appointments. Think! before you post next time.:-D
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Nelson Mandela being kept on ice until Obama arrives for photo-op.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> That's just stupid. No doctor is going to complain about people on medicare wanting 'too many' physical appointments. Think! before you post next time.:-D
That was dumb, think before you post
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Nelson Mandela being kept on ice until Obama arrives for photo-op.
I was sure the way they were making it sound that he would have been gone yesterday.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> That's just stupid. No doctor is going to complain about people on medicare wanting 'too many' physical appointments. Think! before you post next time.:-D
it takes away time from paying customers. Stupid ows emoron doesn't realize not all patients are charged the same.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy Left does not understand how dumb it sounds when they go into this lily introduced whine.
Imitating lily is not a good choice.
But the similarities are so obvious... especially when they support Putin over America.

Seems it's the cons who made a .... poor choice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

If they are overloaded and want to give each patient the proper attention, sure they will complain.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>But the similarities are so obvious... especially when they support Putin over America.
Seems it's the cons who made a .... poor choice.
Just like Democrats, go with the winner.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Much more than fine-tuning is required.
Border security must be achieved before any discussion of amnesty.
If you compromise on this issue, the only tax reform you will see (with millions of illegals voting) is higher taxes.
Once all the illegals get amnesty, they'll demand higher wages. At that point corporations will just import fresh illegals.

And anyone who thinks illegals are hiding in the shadows is an idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Not all doctors are from the NYC/Boca tribe.

Many care about their patients as much as the money.

But your NYC thought pattern is obvious.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

leggy wrote:
is Oblamer still seeing Larry Sinclair on the side?
Did he break up with Reggie Love?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
Let me end with another paradox about which I would have liked to hear Jenkinsís thoughts. He encourages us to look at historical events from the vantage point of the weaker party, and he tells us that we need to reincorporate the genocidal passages into our understanding and worship. That got me thinking about another biblical genocideóNoahís flood. We are all familiar with pictures of the animals lining up two-by-two and parading into the ark; these plucky survivors have become a staple subject for greeting-card artists, songwriters, cartoonists, even environmentalists. What we are not used to thinking about is the fact that God Himself in this story is committing genocide, killing everyone in the world except for the members of a single family. Itís a horrifying tale but one that our culture treats as colorful and uplifting, a prelude to the first rainbow. Iíve never heard a sermon on it as an act of divine rage and apocalyptic destruction. Perhaps that just confirms Jenkinsí general point that we should be a lot more self-aware and self-critical when we think about our religion and a lot slower to condemn the violent tendencies in the religions of others.
Why do you think Noah built the Ark?

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

leggy wrote:
is Oblamer still seeing Larry Sinclair on the side?
Reggie love is his main squeeze. Nttawwt
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Democrats, go with the winner.
Well gee... I didn't realize cons believe Putin and Russia are winners.

So... why are you in my country of America?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 858,021 - 858,040 of1,071,470
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••