Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252011 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#933684 Jun 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea party evader, What a dipsht you are. It was liberal groups that lied and had to be denied.
Looks like you will hit 24,000 lies and whines today. Your no-life all day marathon should do it for you loser.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#933685 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
REMINDER:
1. For the first time in the history of the United States BUSH unilaterally invaded a sovereign country without justification dragging us into two unwinnable wars.
2. BUSH created the HUD "zero down payment" mortgage which created the "bad lending" loans that followed.
You just can't seem to embrace what is yours.
Hee, Hee.

Haven't you hugged that cactus yet?

Wiki - 2003 invasion of Iraq: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of...

"The invasion consisted of 21 days of major combat operations, in which a combined force of troops from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Poland, invaded Iraq and deposed the Ba'athist government of Saddam Hussein."

So what's this pubescent BS about unilaterally invading a sovereign country without justification....????

Ever heard of the CRA and the Democrat's extreme enhancement of it?

Go embrace what's yours. Use two fingers and stroke lightly.
Weiner-Holder 2016

Latrobe, PA

#933686 Jun 27, 2013
gheys everywhere are cheering the supreme court and ghey marriage...what's next? democrats will wanna marry children

Vote Weiner-Holder 2016
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933687 Jun 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>US tax investigator: Liberals were not targeted
By Associated Press June 27, 2013 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON -- A government inspector who detailed the U.S. federal tax agency's tough treatment of conservative groups says he has no evidence that liberal groups were similarly targeted, according to a letter obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday.
Russell George, the inspector general for tax administration, addressed the letter to a top Democratic lawmaker who has complained that George unfairly focused on tea party and other conservative groups while omitting mention of liberals in a report released last month.
The report became a major scandal for the Obama administration and led to the removal of at least five top officials at the Internal Revenue Service, including former acting Commissioner Steven Miller. It revealed that the IRS unfairly targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status.
Democrats seem determined to shift the focus to this week's disclosure that "Progressive" was also on a list of terms used by IRS screeners from 2010 to 2012 to look for applicants with potential problems that would merit close scrutiny.
In a letter obtained Thursday by The Associated Press, George acknowledged that "Progressives" appeared on the list. But he said there was no evidence the IRS set aside progressive groups' applications because they appeared on that list.
George said his investigators have "multiple sources of information corroborating," including interviews with IRS employees, emails and other documents, that tea party groups' applications were set aside for care examinations.
But he added, "We found no indication in any of these other materials that "Progressives" was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political campaign intervention."

The Democrats on the House Ways and Mean Committee have sent a letter to Republicans on the committee, urging Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI), the chairman of the committee, to bring the IRS inspector general back before to Congress, according to The Washington Post's Greg Sargent.

Democrats want a chance to ask Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George the questions they have raised about the report that set off the IRS scandal.

"It is now evident that the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration’s May 14, 2012 audit report titled 'Inappropriate Criteria Were Used to Identify Tax-Exempt Applications for Review' is fundamentally flawed," the letter reads. "We request that you immediately ask Mr. George to return to the Committee and answer questions under oath regarding all of these matters."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/d...
Weiner-Holder 2016

Latrobe, PA

#933688 Jun 27, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you will hit 24,000 lies and whines today. Your no-life all day marathon should do it for you loser.
he must really annoy you, you took the time to register on TOPIX and troll him...talk about NO LIFE LOL!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933689 Jun 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Rep Duckworth challenges an IRS contractors "war" injuries
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt...
sprained ankle? so he could win government contracts.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933690 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the advocates of solar and wind truly believe that it is base load, or don't understand what base load means.
They also don't understand that the utilities can't just say "No power today, sorry, no sunshine or dark."
"Baseload power is a myth: even intermittent renewables will work"

http://theconversation.com/baseload-power-is-...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933692 Jun 27, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy is when yuo idiot want what Eman has, but don't want to work for it you lazy piece of shit.

The Government Cheese and Welfare Crowd...The Blind Lead...

It's the culture...
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933693 Jun 27, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party is Democrats' best hope for Congressional majority, and a Dem POTUS in 2016
If so, why did Obama abuse his power and use the IRS to try and stop the Tea Party?

You are just stuck on the propaganda.

Try, just for a fleeting moment, to use what you have left of common sense.

By the way, using "idiot" in your name fits.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933694 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"We condemn all those whose behaviors and views run counter to our shared values and will not stand for extremism in any form,"
That's a flat-out lie.
They allow Muslim Radicals into the country all the time.
Why do you supply so many untruths and hilariously funny news sources all the time? Was their something wrong with your baby-formula at the zoo?
oh sure, there was big celebration right after those 2 nutjobs cut off the head of that soldier.

do you even read your posts?

BTW...the event that Geller and company don't get to go to was for that same soldier.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933695 Jun 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Blind to the truth is thinking it is appropriate to flag 100% of groups with tea party or patriot in their name.
No matter how hard Death attempts to spin it- this is exactly what happened and why the POTUS apologized for the IRS
No more inappropriate than flagging 100% of groups with progressive in their name.

The person who should be apologizing is Issa for covering up the truth.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933696 Jun 27, 2013

Three nonprofit advocacy groups that were denied tax exemption by the Internal Revenue Service were all units of Emerge America, an organization devoted to cultivating female political leaders for local, state and federal government.

The I.R.S. denied tax exemption to the groups — Emerge Nevada, Emerge Maine and Emerge Massachusetts — because, the agency wrote in denial letters, they were set up specifically to cultivate Democratic candidates. Their Web sites ask for evidence that participants in their training programs are Democrats.

News of the I.R.S. decision, which surfaced in heavily redacted denial letters to the groups that were posted to the agency’s Web site last Thursday, raised concerns among advocacy groups, known as 501(c)(4) organizations after the section of the tax code that governs them, at large.

Crossroads GPS, a conservative advocacy organization with ties to Karl Rove, the Republican strategist, sent an e-mail to supporters on Tuesday, assuring them that it was not one of the three groups denied exemption.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/21/business/ad...
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933697 Jun 27, 2013
Do any of you Obama supporting Democrats here admit you are fascists?

Think about how you are OK with the IRS being abused to attack people, then lie.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933698 Jun 27, 2013
Here's one:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No more inappropriate than flagging 100% of groups with progressive in their name.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933699 Jun 27, 2013
Maybe you could contribute something to the world you dumbass, hire a few homeless people as opposed to you being a whiny, weiner crybaby you idiot, whining wanting what Eman has, you eternally behaving, whining, acting like an ignorant derange moron..

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#933700 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a multitude of links PROVING that coal-fired power plants harm aquatic life, animals and people. Where's your link backing up your personal OPINION?
How do you 'prove' something about massive construction projects yet to be completed?

The best that can be done at this point is to present all the caveats gleaned from past environmental disasters caused by Fool's Gold rushes to build Hydroelectric Damns, Wind Turbines and Corn Ethanol fiasco's.

When little juniors like your ilk rush to jump off the cliff, be advised that your responsible fellow citizens are tied to your fat azz by citizenship and taxes. What you want to jump into is rude as hell in that context. Hell, your voting for the Magic Negro was rude as hell, too.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933701 Jun 27, 2013
Hi Nuculur Nitwit.
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Evening topix friends!
Hoping that all my "opponents" so far today are enjoying my deranged comments and senseless, useless, mindless attacks against them!!!!!!!!!!
You must admit my favorite sockpuppet "Buroc Millhouse" excels when it comes to that. Show him some TOPIX love!!! He is currently my favorite and by far one of the most demented of all my sockpuppets so far. I am hoping "Fenris" may come forth sometime today as well. I am channeling him with my tinfoil hat from my wheelchair as I sit in front of my computer today in a fresh pair of industrial strength depends repeating over and over:
"I'M GOOD ENOUGH. I'M SMART ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE LIKE ME.!!!!!!!!!
Please my friends, if they make an appearance show them some LOVE!!!!!!
I am slightly worn out right now as I was here all day judging posts and talking the entire away to myself with all my sockpuppets!!!!!! To say it was exhausting would be an understatement!
I got off to a slow start with the judgit competition today so please, keep up the judging without me while I get some chow from the hospital canteen. Dont' worry, I will most assuredly catch up at some point. After I have my cafeteria style din-din and get another clean pair of depends on (industrial strength of course!!), take my meds and have a quick chat with my doctor I will return relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed, ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!! See you in bit!
PS! If anyone wants to hook up with me (men only!!!) please leave your number in my personal topix mailbox!! The days are long and lonely on the psych ward where I have been condemned to live out the rest of my useless and delusional life.
Call me, please!!!!
Warmest and most desperate regards: "Waxman"

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#933702 Jun 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Jealousy is when yuo idiot want what Eman has, but don't want to work for it you lazy piece of shit.
The Government Cheese and Welfare Crowd...The Blind Lead...
It's the culture...
Why would I want to be brain damaged? That would be a step up for your sorry ass.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933703 Jun 27, 2013
Treasury Inspector General J. Russell George fought back Thursday against “inaccurate” media reports that suggested his bombshell IRS audit was biased.

His office told several media outlets on Tuesday that the audit focused solely on tea party groups at the request of House Republicans. In a letter to Rep. Sander M. Levin (D-MI), George denied that the audit improperly omitted information on the treatment of progressive and liberal groups.

He insisted that tea party groups were treated differently than other groups.

Between May 2010 and May 2012, the investigators found that 100 percent of tea party applications were referred for additional scrutiny as potential political cases, George said. In contrast, only 30 percent of groups having the words “progress” or “progressive” in their names were referred for additional scrutiny as potential political cases.

Of the 298 cases the IRS identified as potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012, only six contained the words “progress” or “progressive.”

However, George also admitted that the treatment of progressive and liberal groups was not fully investigated because they were included on a section of so-called “Be On the Look Out” lists that was unrelated to political cases. The audit only focused on how the IRS treated potential political cases.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/27/treasur...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933704 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
DemokRats stand for raw unbridled evil, greed, racism, and ignorance smothered in red, white, and blue liberty, balloons and ribbon full of hate...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min Riverside 500,195
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 32 min Murph 72,228
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr End Times 17,990
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr A duck 18,267
CAUTION! Before hiring lawfirm of Morgan & Morg... (Mar '10) 5 hr jim shorts 54
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 8 hr End Times 12,167
two words (Jul '10) 8 hr End Times 27,314
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages