Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#918515 Jun 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDave is a multi tasking wanker. No real job neither owned a business... Essentially RealDave is a loser...
It's the culture...
I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by the cluelessness of that last question he asked-and got an absolutely one hundred percent honest answer for-- lol.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918516 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer not lost in the trivia, take it up with Fox News, their mouth-breathing watchers and Flack, Homer merely setting the record straight.
Homer appears to have his panties in a bunch.

Chill out.

Starting to act like Jean from Queens, the hysterical Mrs. Wolowitz.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918517 Jun 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the color of his hoodie seems so important to your scenario why don't you at least get it right?
Gang colors are critical in the ghetto culture.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#918518 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of the onset of paranoid dementia, how are things in Kentucky?
Why thank you for asking Homer.
Still no Hostess anything-damnit.
Least it's warming back up a little though :-).
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918519 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When Senator John Heinz (R-Pa) died in 1991, Democrat Governor Bob Casey filled his seat with Democrat Harris Wofford.
When Senator Paul Coverdell (R-GA) died in 2000, Democrat Governor Roy Barnes appointed Democrat Zell Miller to fill the seat.
They should not have. Republican Governor Kean in NJ appointed a Republican in 1982 after the Democrat resigned.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#918520 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out.
I heard Mrs Doubtfires ghost lives in a cottage along Long Island Sound.

Think she knows Jean?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Level 1

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#918521 Jun 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, your excuse for being an idiot is because you can't show you're as smart as you claim to be?!?!?!
wow.
Always someone elses fault and not yours.
Do you drink too much very often?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918522 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out.
Sorry, I just get tired of all the rightwing lies. I will chill out.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#918523 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That's Flack math, his gas cost $7 a gallon and his electric bill is 10 times everyone else's.
lol

"It's the culture"..of self preservation from rampant, life sucking, parasitic, predatory critters lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#918524 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gang colors are critical in the ghetto culture.
of caveboys...and drape a blankey and call it all good lol.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#918525 Jun 4, 2013
Look at the people that supports Obama/Liberals: Hugo Chavez, Castro, Ahmadinejad, Morsi, there’s no doubt why Liberals look at this IRS scandal as’ No Big Deal!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#918526 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely leftwing affirmative action trash.
they were in the news this morning: Shytique Kelly, Jazmin Guillebeaux and Tysheen Coackley. the article said they all went to harvard but their records are sealed.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#918527 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I just get tired of all the rightwing lies. I will chill out.
translation: the coffee truck just pulled up out front
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#918528 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The Daily Caller and Fox News are getting their data from the same source, they are just misrepresenting their findings, IE he was cleared for 157 visits but in fact only visited 11 times in 4 years, are you going to argue with them too?
That would be according to the White House. Very little credibility there.

Maybe the clearings for the other 145 were done through the secret e-mail accounts that it appears that so many in this administration use to avoid accountability to the public.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#918529 Jun 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What I'm doing is giving both Zimmerman and Martin equal footing. Neither knew each other and neither knew if the other belonged there.
Neither spoke to each other and so both were on a level playing field.
When Martin ran, Zimmerman assumed he was some sort of criminal in his neighborhood. If Martin saw him, he had no idea why he was being chased, or how many were chasing him.
This is where the gray area comes into play. Somewhere along the line the two met and a struggle ensued. No one will ever really know what happened, but we do know one person was carrying a weapon and used it to kill the other.
If Martin had a weapon and used it while being chased, he would have been within his rights to defend himself and could very well have been the last man standing and we'd have a role reversal of the same problem.
I can understand you position since you've been through your situation. But if the person your husband was chasing was a visitor and armed and actually shot your husband in 'self defense,' would you be able to accept this as part of the law?
If you're attacked, I believe you have the right to defend yourself. At the same time, I don't believe the last man standing has more rights than the person who was shot either.
There has got to be balance......
In California a person could not get away with shooting someone just because they were confronted about their presence in the neighborhood or they merely felt threatened. California law is pretty specific, self-defense can only be used if you were in fact physically assaulted or threatened inside your home. In California, if you can walk away from a confrontation...you better do so. To do anything else is not considered the act of a "reasonable" person. Basically, you "can not use more force than you were threatened with." I can't even imagine what our homicide rate would be if we initiated a law like Florida's. Scary to think of.

As far as Martin/Zimemrman is concerned, it works both ways. Your logic seems to dictate the person shot should not have more rights than the last man standing. If both were acting in self-defense under Florida law (admittedly, that has not been determined) doesn't Trayvon's death result in a terrible tragedy rather than a crime? Honestly, Florida's law is as much the shooter as Zimmerman. Even Florida's judges and prosecutors can't come to agreement on what is justified and what isn't. I'm surprised the law has survived this long.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#918530 Jun 4, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you drink too much very often?
Do you try to think too much very often son?

You should start.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918531 Jun 4, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>'Blacks are 66 percent of all violent-crime suspects, according to the victims of and witnesses to those crimes.
Blacks commit around 70 percent of all robberies and about 80 percent of all shootings in the city.
Add Hispanic shooters, and you account for 98 percent of all shootings in the city.
“Whites, by contrast, were only 5 percent of all violent crime suspects in 2011. According to victim and witness reports, they commit barely over 1 percent of all shootings and less than 5 percent of all robberies.”
Read more: A taste of our future - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Wasn't the recent Ricin-laced letter writers, Newtown school shooter the Boston Marathon bombers, the Unabomber, Timothy McVeigh and his brother, all white? It seems that serial killers, mass shooters, and terrorist bombers are mostly white people.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#918532 Jun 4, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
If the failure in chief Oblamer would ever propose anything helpful I'm sure they'd be happy to help. However, all Oblamer proposes is bad.
having no prior real world experience other than as a community organizer, O'blamer has no clue how to lead except to behave arrogantly when others do not agree with him. then the only plan he has is to blame and vilify. and the lapdog media goes along, because he's fulfilled their white guilt lib fantasies. or, as Jeebus first correctly put it here: "yep, they just wanted to elect a black man."

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918533 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Claims of efficiency are no excuse for avoiding government transparency and preservation of government records.
Life is a bitch.
It's a shame that you never told that to Bush43 and Cheney.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#918534 Jun 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the recent Ricin-laced letter writers, Newtown school shooter the Boston Marathon bombers, the Unabomber, Timothy McVeigh and his brother, all white? It seems that serial killers, mass shooters, and terrorist bombers are mostly white people.
a mere drop in the bucket compared to the every day, every minute black on black slaughter in their neighborhoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min red and right 53,048
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 23 min T-REX 496,759
two words (Jul '10) 26 min Princess Hey 27,207
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr LizW 71,749
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 5 hr LizW 18,122
Blessed 5 hr MeMe 1
Entertainment 5 hr Very social 1
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]