Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458593 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918378 Jun 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Predictions of an Obamacare apocalypse seem a little less credible today, thanks to California.
On Thursday, officials in that state offered the first detailed glimpse of what consumers buying health benefits on their own can expect to pay next year. And from the looks of things, these consumers will be getting a pretty good deal." ..."It’s hard to provide a precise figure on premiums in the new exchange, which is officially called Covered California, because so much depends on individual circumstances, plan selection, and region. But you can get a sense of the prices by looking at what a 40-year-old single person would pay, on average, for the second cheapest “silver” plan on the new market. Such a plan, which would cover about 70 percent of a typical person’s medical expenses, would go for about $300 a month or around $3,600 a year. That compares favorably with what insurance costs today. The typical employer plan, for example, presently costs about $5,500 a year. Employer plans are generally more generous than the silver plans would be, so you’d expect them to be more expensive—but not by such a large margin." Check this out: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113289/oba... #
Can you "guesstimate" how many people will not be able to fill out a 20-page online application for Obamacare? Or just give up?

What happens then?

If people have no money after being fined by the IRS for not having insurance come January 1, what happens then?

How can the federal government which can't even keep up with Veterans' benefits...has no way of monitoring the waste and fraud in welfare...who can't even figure out who knew what in the IRS scandal...enforce Obamacare for millions of Americans?
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918379 Jun 4, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
America is strongest when it cooperated and unites.
We possess many enemies and need not destroy ourselves.
Tell Oblamer, the most divisive president in history.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#918380 Jun 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Believe it or some people work and save from an early age instead of blowing all their money on worthless crap then expecting other to take care of them.
So in less than two years working a full time job without a college degree, this guy saved enough for a downpayment?

Only if he was still nursing of of his Mommy's financial teat.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#918381 Jun 4, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You're a racist retard who need not respond to any of my post.
"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs - partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."... Quote: Former Slave Booker T. Washington 1911..

The DNA of the democratic party is inbred with hate, ignorance, and racism...

And.. One Hundred years later NJ raider?.. Still... NO! Hope and NO! Change...

It's the culture...
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918382 Jun 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree.
hey coward, what happened to you? Had to go down to the docks?

Ready to answer a tough question?

Nah, you're a spewing lib troll.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#918383 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably no arrest and certainly no fanfare.
Yes, with 'no arrests and no fanfare' Young Black men just happen to make up the majority of inmates in Sanford, Florida jails. How can that be?

Level 4

Orlando, FL

#918384 Jun 4, 2013
"The secret email accounts complicate an agency's legal responsibilities to find and turn over emails in response to congressional or internal investigations, civil lawsuits or public records requests because employees assigned to compile such responses would necessarily need to know about the accounts to search them.

SECRET ACCOUNTS ALSO DRIVE PERCPEPTIONS THAT GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE TRYING TO HIDE ACTIONS OR DECISIONS."

http://news.msn.com/us/some-top-govt-official...

HELLO???? ANYONE HOME?????
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918385 Jun 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They should have a staff meeting and explain this to the folks at Fox News.
Watch a lot of Fox news do you, coward?
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#918386 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know about gangsta trash.
White trash wannabe types are even worse.
One mans trash is the next mans treasure! You call them or us trash because we don't represent your American dream. "newsflash" The country started out racist so, the dream you follow was really a nightmare! Just like nature, it's gradually fixing itself ie. black president. Just because you're institutionalized & beloved all that bullshit from them racist white trash forefathers of yours. It's 2013 dumasses, get caught up with the times!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#918387 Jun 4, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
You can trust me!
I met with the IRS Commissioner more than 143 times at the White House, but honest, I had nothing to do with the persecution of conservatives.
I am not a criminal!
161 times. One every 3 working days.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#918388 Jun 4, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People on both sides have been jumping to conclusions rather than waiting for the evidence to be presented.
I can't wait to hear the DNA evidence. I will be interested to hear whether or not any of Martin's DNA was found on Zimmerman's holster. There is so much that hasn't been released or explained due to Florida's public disclosure laws. I know you strongly believe that Zimmerman is guilty of murder. I just don't know but am confident justice will prevail.
MSNBC and others bigoted News Outlets knowing altered pictures and facts to make Zimmerman look guilty and racist...

Meanwhile, Zimmerman's mountain of attorney's will own both MSNBC, the lame stream media, Race Cop Al Shapton and your hate filled racist left-wing party...

It's the culture...
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918389 Jun 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and here's a super example of taking action to fix a problem:
Gary Wozniak is cultivating an urban farming initiative in Detroit that he says could create 18,000 new jobs in the city over the next two decades. Those kind of numbers are likely to perk up the ears of job-seekers in the Motor City, where the unemployment rate hovers around 23 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Wozniak, a former financial consultant, is the driving force behind a nonprofit called RecoveryPark, which is developing three separate but related agricultural projects: an urban farm spread out over a 2,475-acre zone on Detroit's east side, a food processing center and an indoor fish farm.(Click here for a slideshow of Detroit's up-and-coming development projects.)
Talk about large-scale urban agriculture in Detroit in recent years has largely focused on financial services magnate John Hantz, whose plan for the world's largest urban farm evolved into a deal last year to create a 140-acre commercial tree-farming operation in the city.
The nonprofit RecoveryPark, initiated in 2008, has a very different focus. The operation is looking to hire ex-prisoners and recovering drug addicts, people who usually face barriers to employment. That's a mission close to Wozniak's heart; a recovering addict who spent three and a half years in federal prison because of drug-related activity, the project is a chance for him to give back to others who are recovering.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/reco...
Let's talk about the millions in farm subsidies being mailed to Park Avenue addresses.
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918390 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>Yes, with 'no arrests and no fanfare' Young Black men just happen to make up the majority of inmates in Sanford, Florida jails. How can that be?
they commit most of the crimes.

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#918391 Jun 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any sane person approached by someone wearing a hoodie (gangsta uniform) immediately exercises additional caution.
I wear hoodies all the time...what's the matter with you bigots? You're all housebound and never go anywhere in inclement weather? Of course, I would never live in Florida and am a cute little (5'9') white girl, so I'm thinking even Issa would do a little time for shooting me...

Level 4

Orlando, FL

#918392 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>You're justifying 917 lies to the American people ?!? There is sufficient evidence by now to assume that Mitt Romney was the real Manchurian candidate designed by the Communist Chinese and al Qaida to be the most diabolical plot at undermining the U S government . Rush Limbaugh is al Qaida's American radio spokesmodel as his political sermons are word-for-word copies of al-Qaida anti-U S propaganda.
You watch too much science fiction.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#918393 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text> So, now you're blaming President Obama for Europe's austerity politics and downturns in their economies? How does that work?!? LOL
Every Aspect Of Life In Europe Is Worse Since Obama Took Over...

It's the culture...

Level 1

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#918394 Jun 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave (Stupid Serve you Well) The President was asked is Egypt an ally of the United States? Obama said “I don’t think that we would consider them an ally, but we don’t consider them an enemy!! So Dave until that question can be answered is Egypt an ‘Ally or Not’ we should stop all financial aid…Right?
The rest of that quote: "They are a new government trying to find its way, they were democratically elected. I think we are going to have to see how they respond to this incident, to see how they respond to maintaining the peace treaty with Israel.”

Since we have been provided aide, shutting it off would indicate that we made the decision.
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918395 Jun 4, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Does everyone have evidence I'm not privy to? I ask because, as a person from the streets I'm curious. What kind of thug eats skittles, drinks soda, & talks to his girlfriend on the phone before & while committing a"burglary", or "robbery?" The kid doesn't even have a record! only way stand your ground defense should is if Martin shot Zimmerman. That kid was minding his business, walking to his fathers house. Can someone tell me what was Martin to do when he realizes that this person stalking him is now out of the car approaching him? What would you do being a whiteman if you were walking home & a hispanic man first follows you in his car, then gets out & approaches you?
The women's jewelry thieving, school bus driver assaulting, gold toothed racist thug named Martin, that's who.

School Report: Trayvon Martin Found with 'Jewelry and Burglary Tool'
0digg
article image
Submitted by Zach Lisabeth on Mar 26, 2012

Recently divulged information about Trayvon Martin's checkered academic history has added a new dimension to the very public discussion about the deceased teenager's month-old shooting.

As it turns out, Martin was suspended a number of times from Krop Senior High School in Miami Gardens for infractions ranging from tardiness and truancy up to possession of marijuana and a screwdriver that the school's security staff described as a "burglary tool."

The troubling incidents date back to October 2011, when Martin was allegedly caught with a horde of women's jewelry and the aforementioned screwdriver, according the Miami Herald. According to a report issued by Trayvon's school district, on October 21, security camera footage showed Trayvon Martin and two other students writing "W.T.F." on a hallway locker. A security guard saw the footage, detained Trayvon and searched his bag for the offending marker. In the process of the search, the guard uncovered 12 pieces of women's jewelry, a watch and the screwdriver.

Level 4

Orlando, FL

#918396 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>What are you even talking about? You posts are becoming more senseless as you appear to be slipping into some kind of paranoid dementia.
Lincoln thinks America is strongest when we cooperate and unite.

So who do you think we should cooperate and unite with exactly?

I'm on pins and needles waiting for your reply.
Leggy Mountbatten

Grand Junction, CO

#918397 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>You're justifying 917 lies to the American people ?!? There is sufficient evidence by now to assume that Mitt Romney was the real Manchurian candidate designed by the Communist Chinese and al Qaida to be the most diabolical plot at undermining the U S government . Rush Limbaugh is al Qaida's American radio spokesmodel as his political sermons are word-for-word copies of al-Qaida anti-U S propaganda.
Lying sack of shit, even Doorknob, Nutsacker and the Doucher wouldn't believe that hogwash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Brian_G 62,318
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr zazz 98,272
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 13 hr Maggie McGee 73,750
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sun YIM 7,942
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sun Murphey_Law 512,863
News Hollywood hospital administrator quits after li... (Jul '08) Sun Catpeople 268
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Dec 3 TRUMANS Treason 234

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages