Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#917082 Jun 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Carol,
Orlando has changed politically in the last decade.
Have you adjusted?
A lot of us have had to do a lot of "adjusting" the past four years.

Hopefully, you'll have to do the "adjusting" next time around.

Democrats up for reelection are doing the most "adjusting".

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#917083 Jun 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The "judge" is trying to portray Trayvon as a saintly child in order to railroad Zimmerman.
Let's hope the jury has more sense.
But if the jury is majority black, Zimmerman is finished.
I have to admit, I don't understand this "judge". His ruling that attorneys will not be allowed to mention Trayvon Martin’s drug use, suspension from school and past fighting during opening statements at the trial seems one sided. It is my hope that Zimmerman's attorney's will be able to show the "relevance" of Trayvon's past during the trial which will allow them to disclose his past. If not, I believe that should Zimmerman be found guilty, the justification for the verdict will be forever questioned or we will see an appeal based on the judge's ruling.

Of course, I disagree with your racist comment about the black jurors. They are just as capable of setting their predjudices aside as are whites. Using your logic, if the majority on the jury is white then Zimmerman is a free man. That's a sad commentary on where you believe America stands today.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#917084 Jun 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Former IRS chief Doug Shulman’s wife works with a liberal lobbying group, Public Campaign, where she is the senior program advisor. Public Campaign is an “organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.”
and?

you'll have to lead me down the leap of faith path. i'm not a right wing nutjob/FOXbot so i'm not sure how someone can't see that special interest money isn't just a GOP problem.
Lincoln

United States

#917085 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Lincoln, but in five years, you'll be as clueless as you are now.
Thankfully, you belong in the minority who believe this administration can bully Americans into submission.
This president demands obedience and adoration. And "punishes his enemies". As narcissist leaders do.
But that went right over your head. Am I right?
Your posts helped Romney receive 47%
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#917086 Jun 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Even the democrats are saying O'bama's foreign policy is a bust. The world is laughing at O'bama Hussein Bayrock-and why not-he is a loser. Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy....right beside Wimpy is a full spread of the O'bama.
even the democrats?

find me one poll to back it up.

i'll say again....i'm not a right wing nutjob/FOXbot. just because you say it doesn't mean i'm going to be as gullible as carol.
Lincoln

United States

#917087 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of us have had to do a lot of "adjusting" the past four years.
Hopefully, you'll have to do the "adjusting" next time around.
Democrats up for reelection are doing the most "adjusting".
Not what I meant!
Orlando is Latino.
Are you on a government teachers pension?
You had thirty years in the system or twenty?
Peace

Level 4

Orlando, FL

#917088 Jun 2, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>And Doug Shulmin is a Republican . So what?
Shulman donated money to the Democratic Party before the 2004 election.

That wouldn't make him a very loyal Republican, would it?

He was appointed in 2008.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#917089 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been proven that the intel provided to Congressional Democrats had been "Vetted" by Cheney and Scooter?
You'll believe anything, won't you?
yes, when it comes from the Inspector General's report and from intel analysts themselves and the people involved

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-1527749...

When no weapons of mass destruction surfaced in Iraq, President Bush insisted that all those WMD claims before the war were the result of faulty intelligence. But a former top CIA official, Tyler Drumheller — a 26-year veteran of the agency — has decided to do something CIA officials at his level almost never do: Speak out.

He tells correspondent Ed Bradley the real failure was not in the intelligence community but in the White House. He says he saw how the Bush administration, time and again, welcomed intelligence that fit the president's determination to go to war and turned a blind eye to intelligence that did not.

"It just sticks in my craw every time I hear them say it's an intelligence failure. It's an intelligence failure. This was a policy failure," Drumheller tells Bradley.

Drumheller was the CIA's top man in Europe, the head of covert operations there, until he retired a year ago. He says he saw firsthand how the White House promoted intelligence it liked and ignored intelligence it didn't:

"The idea of going after Iraq was U.S. policy. It was going to happen one way or the other," says Drumheller.

http://www.today.com/id/26030573/ns/today-tod...

President Bush committed an impeachable offense by ordering the CIA to to manufacture a false pretense for the Iraq war in the form of a backdated, handwritten document linking Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda, an explosive new book claims.

The charge is made in “The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism” by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ron Suskind, released today.

Suskind says he spoke on the record with U.S. intelligence officials who stated that Bush was informed unequivocally in January 2003 that Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction. Nonetheless, his book relates, Bush decided to invade Iraq three months later — with the forged letter from the head of Iraqi intelligence to Saddam bolstering the U.S. rationale to go into war.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB254...

PR Push for Iraq War Preceded Intelligence Findings

"White Paper" Drafted before NIE even Requested

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 254

Washington D.C., August 22, 2008 - The U.S. intelligence community buckled sooner in 2002 than previously reported to Bush administration pressure for data justifying an invasion of Iraq, according to a documents posting on the Web today by National Security Archive senior fellow John Prados.

The documents suggest that the public relations push for war came before the intelligence analysis, which then conformed to public positions taken by Pentagon and White House officials. For example, a July 2002 draft of the "White Paper" ultimately issued by the CIA in October 2002 actually pre-dated the National Intelligence Estimate that the paper purportedly summarized, but which Congress did not insist on until September 2002.

A similar comparison between a declassified draft and the final version of the British government's "White Paper" on Iraq weapons of mass destruction adds to evidence that the two nations colluded in the effort to build public support for the invasion of Iraq. Dr. Prados concludes that the new evidence tends to support charges raised by former White House press secretary Scott McClellan and by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in its long-delayed June 2008 "Phase II" report on politicization of intelligence.

shall I go on
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#917090 Jun 2, 2013
FLASHBACK: Before Fox News Attacked The IRS, They Embraced It To Attack Media Matters

In researching the recent controversies over the IRS and its alleged targeting of conservative non-profits, I stumbled across an article I wrote two years ago that unveils yet another blatant hypocrisy from Fox News (as if more were necessary to make the point). The current programming on Fox is dedicated almost non-stop to hammering the Obama administration for the misbehavior of low-level IRS staff. The story has even supplanted their previous pet scandal, Benghazi. And despite making broad accusations of complicity by the President, they have failed to provide even a smidgen of evidence that he had any role in the way that non-profits were selected for review.

That simple fact, however, has not stopped Fox from launching a sustained campaign of outrage aimed at the IRS, which they now regard as a totalitarian agency bent on destroying America and freedom. But it was not always thus. Not too long ago, Fox News was happy to use the IRS as a cudgel against their own perceived enemies. They embarked on mission to wipe the watchdog group Media Matters off the face of the earth. It was a weeks-long effort that included dozens of broadcast segments explicitly recruiting their viewers to file falsified complaints challenging the tax-exempt status of Media Matters. In the process they brought in pundits, and lawyers, and even their in-house “Psycho Analyst” to paint a disparaging portrait of the organization and its founder.

The irony of Fox using the IRS to harass a non-profit organization just because they disagree agree with it will surely be lost on everyone at Fox and everyone who watches it.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Level 4

Orlando, FL

#917091 Jun 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
deliberately lied? prove it.
so it's pretty easy to see why Obama hasn't been 'ripped to shreds' by anyone beyond the extremely biased right wing 'media'.
It's been well-documented he knew it was a terrorist attack the same night of the attack.

The jig is up.

Turn off cartoons and pay attention.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#917092 Jun 2, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Lincoln, but in five years, you'll be as clueless as you are now.
Thankfully, you belong in the minority who believe this administration can bully Americans into submission.
This president demands obedience and adoration. And "punishes his enemies". As narcissist leaders do.
But that went right over your head. Am I right?
I have yet to see you show that anyone on your 'President's "enemies list" was "punished", no tea party groups who were picked by the IRS to be scrutinized by extra screening were turned down, James Rosen wasn't charged with any wrong doing and he is still in the White House press pool ,--- final conclusion of Darrell Issa's Benghazi-gate was 'it was an "act of Terror" that vindicated President Obama's own view of it, conclusion of IRS IG report was bureaucratic mistakes were made,but no crimes against anyone , AP probe results-- Government tendency to be overly aggressive on plugging department leaks ,but no criminal activity at all,... we are still waiting Carol on your list of "enemies" treated unfairly, injured, jailed, killed, or in any way deprived of their rights...we're still waiting Carol...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#917094 Jun 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
For every veteran with a formal diagnosis of PTSD from the VA, there are probably several others that show some symptoms.
Regardless, they should not be punished for their service unless it results in some criminal activity. That includes profiling veterans.
PTSD could become the kiss of death for not only veterans but for first responders and others engaged in stressful occupations.

A short bit of research shows that the different states take different views on what post traumatic stress actually is__syndrome__disorder__mental illness and so on.

Gun ownership is the least of the worries of those who could be condemned to a life of hopelessness if those who suffer some degree of PTSD become cataloged in the nations data bases. Custody of children comes quickly to mind but the potential for unintended consequences is enormous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#917095 Jun 2, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you? Seriously? You think at a junior high level "but, but, so and so did this" like it makes any of your actions or those of the Obama admin right.
No one thinks that Holder or Obama should get a pass due to a past admin loosing a SCOTUS decision.
I am at this point totally put out with your lack of logic and the general idiocy of this post. I have attempted to be respectful to you up to this point but this one deserves a
"Nuk, you are a moron!"
You're the most emotionally unbalanced woman on this thread. Moreso than Carol even. LOL

You seem to think it's fine to spend days with Carol whining about Sandy Berger taking things from the National Archives, a misdemeanor, and smearing Clinton 13 years after he left office.

But when it's brought up that Bush was slapped down by the Supreme Court repeatedly, you start the crying and wailing.

You're just angry because I brought up the criminality of the Bush Admin., which you desperately try to forget.

While you nitwits flail wildly about over imagined scandals, you have a hissy fit when the many scandals of Bush are brought into the onversation.

I'd think it's that time of the month for you, but you're way tooo old for that, it's all dried up.

You need to get your emotions under control. You act like an idiot with your phony sense of outrage. That death in the family seems to have made you more unbalanced.

Take a few Zanax and it might help you with your panic attacks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#917096 Jun 2, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even read Yeah's posts anymore. Yeah throws mud at the wall and hopes maybe something will stick. He works on the theory that no one can be wrong ALL the time, but he has shot holes in that theory.
You spend your Saturday night on Topix. No friends, no social life.

HAHAHAHAHA

You really need to get a life, loser!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#917097 Jun 2, 2013
The Latest Lie: IRS Targeted Conservatives

You are hearing that conservative groups were “targeted.” What you are not hearing is that progressive groups were also “targeted.” So were groups that are not progressive or conservative.

All that happened here is that groups applying to the IRS for special tax status were checked to see if they were engaged in political activity. They were checked, not targeted. Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.

Once again: Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.

Conservative groups were not “singled out,” were not “targeted” and in the end none were denied special tax status – even though many obviously should have been.

From last week’s House hearings on this:

Rep. Peter Roskam, R-IL:“How come only conservative groups got snagged?”

Outgoing acting IRS commissioner Steve Miller:“They didn’t sir. Organizations of all walks and all persuasions were pulled in. That’s shown by the fact that only 70 of the 300 organizations were tea party organizations, of the ones that were looked at by TIGTA [Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration].”

Bet you didn’t see that blasted all over your TV news that night.

http://www.nationofchange.org/latest-lie-irs-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 4

Orlando, FL

#917098 Jun 2, 2013
So where'd Malcolm from Houston, Texas, go?

Pops in, throws a few grenades and runs?

Typical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#917099 Jun 2, 2013
Jeezus is not perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
They did it by buying up so much of the supply themselves. If the government wasn't hoarding ammo then gun owners wouldn't have to get all they can and stock up while they can get it.
It works just like bottled water. When you see that it is being bought up in large numbers you realize that you may someday need it and so anyone with any common sense would then start buying and stocking all they can get while they have the chance. And buy it at the cheaper price then you know it's about to become!!!
Nothing wrong with being prepared!
Wake up. The government doesn't buy 22,.357, 30.06, 30.30, 9mm, etc. NRA is only interested in helping wealthy donors, gun/ammo manufacturers, get wealthier. That crap about the government buying up ammo is a smoke screen. A friend of mine is the police chief in a town in Tennessee with 50 officers and he told me that they haven't been able to target practice for months. The NRA created hysteria is putting public safety at risk as well as personal safety for those that can't find ammo, not to mention hunters next fall.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#917100 Jun 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the Cock crows - the one with the tiny pecker.
Jimmy Carter proposed the Ethanol fiasco as part of the Energy Tax Act of 1978 that Congress eventually passed.
Alternative Fuel: Ethanol: http://suite101.com/article/a-brief-history-o...
"Ethanol first entered the marketplace as a biological fuel due to an act of Congress in 1978."
When pouring, half-empty bottles make the most noise.
Nuculur is more than half-empty, as usual.
You're another loser who spends her Saturday Nights on Topix.

Don't have the money to go out and enjoy Saturday Nights, eh??

You've proven you're a loser once again!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How ironic!! ROFLAMO!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#917101 Jun 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, I don't understand this "judge". His ruling that attorneys will not be allowed to mention Trayvon Martin’s drug use, suspension from school and past fighting during opening statements at the trial seems one sided. It is my hope that Zimmerman's attorney's will be able to show the "relevance" of Trayvon's past during the trial which will allow them to disclose his past. If not, I believe that should Zimmerman be found guilty, the justification for the verdict will be forever questioned or we will see an appeal based on the judge's ruling.
Of course, I disagree with your racist comment about the black jurors. They are just as capable of setting their predjudices aside as are whites. Using your logic, if the majority on the jury is white then Zimmerman is a free man. That's a sad commentary on where you believe America stands today.
I do believe it is quite common that the prosecution can not bring up a suspect's past criminal activities at a trial, only at the sentencing phase. The charges have to stand on their own.

I don't see why it would be any different for Martin, especially since he is not on trial. it more akin to the situation of a rape victim
the sex life of a rape victim during the trial of accused can not be brought into play.

what I don't understand all the hoopla about the judge's decision, its a normal aspect of our judicial system

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#917102 Jun 2, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so I take it you think the sex lives of rape victims is relevant and fair game at trial
Personally, I think that is different. "Rape" is a violent act perpetrated by one person against another. Clearly, the person raped is a victim.

That is not the case in Trayvon/Martin. Unless ALL the facts are presented, how can a jury make a truly informed decision? IMO, both Zimmerman and Martin were at fault. It was a terrible tragedy. I don't know if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent but certainly believe Martin's tendency toward violene is a relevant factor. The fact that he was in a fight just hours before being killed is relevant. I don't care if Zimmerman is found guilty or innocent. What worries me is the verdict will not be justified if all the facts haven't been presented to the jury.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Brian_G 50,175
Topless women weekend 4 hr Ladonna C 1
Did George Anthony Help Hide the Body? (Jul '11) 5 hr Ngrace 14
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 491,183
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr sad 96,828
Televangelist Joel Osteen shuns lavish lifestyl... (Nov '07) 10 hr MeMe123 330
Kingdom Hall wins approval (May '09) 21 hr gjest 141
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST