Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916660 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only by idiots like you.
The US Constitution is set in stone.
The only way to change the meaning and intent of the US Constitution is through the Amendment procedure.
only an idiot would make a statement like
"The U.S. Constitution is set in stone." then go on about how it can be amended and changed.

which is it? is it set in stone or can it be changed?

RHETORICAL QUESTION
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916661 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, I betting the Bosnian Muslims and Croats who suffered genocide at the hands of those Christian Orthodox Serbs may have a different opinion.
Bosnian Muslims also committed genocide.

Muslims can't get along with anybody else.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916662 Jun 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You earned my respect for owning up to being wrong.
Most of your buddies here would spend days trying to prove they weren't wrong on the date. Emaam would have changed the subject 5 times to weasel out of it.
Point is, Joplin has cost FEMA a fortune. As will Moore, OK.
----------
"The powerful tornado that struck Joplin was the deadliest such twister in nearly six decades and may have caused as much as $3 billion in damages as it flattened schools, businesses and houses in its destructive path, experts say.
While insurance firms will pick up much of the tab for rebuilding insured structures, federal, state and local governments will have many other costs to cover. Typically, the federal government pays 75 percent of the emergency costs of responding to such declared disasters , with state and local governments covering the rest.
But the tornado-related expenses in Joplin are likely to be so high that both of Missouri's U.S. senators Sens. Roy Blunt, a Republican, and Claire McCaskill, a Democrat urged Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano in separate telephone calls Wednesday to increase the federal share as high as feasible.
"I am asking for 100 percent federal reimbursement to local governments," Blunt told reporters Thursday. "They've agreed to 75 percent,[but] I think they have to come to a better number than that." A spokeswoman for McCaskill said the senator had also asked Napolitano for a higher federal match , perhaps the 90 percent match that Alabama is getting for cleanup in the wake of last month's killer twisters.""
Alabama had no problem taking FEMA money. Nor did Missouri. Nowr will Oklahoma.
It's just like the stimulus. Whle Repugnant Governors decried it as wasteful, they all had their hands out for the stimulus money.
Texas used it to balance their deficit riddled budget.
Repugnants are hypocrites of the first order.
FYI Sen Roy Blunt voted against the Hurricane Sandy relief bill
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916663 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's like John Roberts, Kathy Harris and Jeb Bush giving George Bush the presidency.
Oh wait! They did!
John Roberts was not on the Supreme Court in 2000 when Algore attempted to steal the election.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#916664 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I opposed the invasion of Iraq for a number of reasons, some of which were the same reasons President George H.W. Bush left Saddam in power after Gulf War I. Unlike the entire Dumbya administration, I had spent time in the Middle East and studied its politics and military.
I opposed the Iraq Fiasco for the following reasons.
1. SADDAM DID NOT POSSESS ANY WMD's. Numerous intel agencies, including our, own knew this.
2. Invading and removing Saddam would get us into another Vietnam type war.(Why Bush I didn't take him out)
3. Removing the iron fist control of Saddam would lead to sectarian violence, genocide and ethnic cleansing.(again bush I knew this)
4. Saddam kept Iran in check. Without the threat of us rearming Saddam and another Iraq/Iran war, Iran would probably restart its nuclear program (it did)
5. Every time we go to nation build unilaterally it fails. The only successful times we have rebuilt nations, we had the help of the world. Germany, Japan, South Korea, Croatia and Bosnia are examples of this. Every time we go about it Unilaterally we fail, Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq are examples of this
Yes I am a liberal and a gun owner. I want adequate background checks before a person can purchase a gun.
Senator Feinstein doesn't want to bar vets from owning guns, she only doesn't want them exempt from background checks. and given what that not having a draft for the Iraq Fiasco has led many service members to do multiple combat tours, some as high as 5-6, that's a really really good idea.
The only thing I don't support about Israel is their illegal seizure of land that doesn't belong to them. same as I opposed Saddam's invasion of Kuwait
The economy still sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is NAZI, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal democrats, and Obama is responsible...

The American Indians and Jews gave up their guns, turned in their weapons, big and more government took care of the Indians on reservations and preserves and Hitler took care of the Jews...

Rhird Time??? These liberals oppose your belief and right to bear arms Karma: Hitler, Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Obama. Who do you trust?

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916665 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, the military is a government subsidy.
The military is specifically authorized by the Constitution.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916666 Jun 1, 2013
Patriot wrote:
DHS wastes billions of Our money in the so-called fight against terrorism
June 1, 2013
Audits carried out by the DHS Inspector General reveal ''serious shortcomings'' about the way grants have been spent. The report questions how many of the acquisitions made by towns and cities have contributed in any way to combating the threat of terrorism.
Hard pressed taxpayers who are suffering from wage cuts, job losses and cuts in Federal programs are entitled to ask tough questions of the Department of Homeland Security. Senator Coburn's report points out very forcefully that there have been few accountability measures in the UASI program. He notes that,''there is almost no way to ensure taxpayers are getting value for their money, and more importantly, whether they are safer.''
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/06/dhs-waste...
"I tell you, if Tom Coburn just stuck to shutting down the most egregious Homeland Security fearmongering boondoggle abuses rather than shutting down government itself, I might grow to love the man.

His latest effort (for which some of his staffers appear to have staged a very fun photo shoot) takes on the stupid things localities bought under the $7.1 billion Urban Area Security Initiative, which was originally intended to help likely terrorist targets (like NYC) prepare against an attack, but which turned into a big boondoggle for towns unlikely to be targeted." Check this out: http://www.emptywheel.net/2012/12/05/tom-cobu...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916667 Jun 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
that waste started long before the Obama administration. Representatives from states where terrorists attacks are likely to occur, NYC, LA, DC, Norfolk Va., San Diego, Boston, have been complaining for years about the distribution of funds to very low level threat locations.
Why should taxpayers from other states pay for you to buy military-style equipment and pay overtime to cops?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916668 Jun 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Are you so splenetic in your visceral attack that you can't recognize your own contradictions ?
There is no contradiction, because the Amendment procedure is set in stone in the Constitution.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916669 Jun 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"I tell you, if Tom Coburn just stuck to shutting down the most egregious Homeland Security fearmongering boondoggle abuses rather than shutting down government itself, I might grow to love the man.
His latest effort (for which some of his staffers appear to have staged a very fun photo shoot) takes on the stupid things localities bought under the $7.1 billion Urban Area Security Initiative, which was originally intended to help likely terrorist targets (like NYC) prepare against an attack, but which turned into a big boondoggle for towns unlikely to be targeted." Check this out: http://www.emptywheel.net/2012/12/05/tom-cobu...
New York City should pay for its own security, including allowing its residents to defend themselves.

The fact is that the rest of the country hates the arrogant bastards in New York.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916670 Jun 1, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>The economy sucks, unemployment is high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is Gestapo, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal democrats, and Obama bin Lying is responsible...
AND all you can do nitwit is cry and whine you dumbass and look like a deranged idiot... LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!!
nuculur still using his "I am an idiot" defense...
It's the culture...
do you ever deal with facts and reality??

WND MONEY
Dow surpasses 15,000 milestone
S&P 500 enters bull-market territory, up 20% since November lows
Published: 05/07/2013 at 1:28 PM

(CNBC) Stocks held gains Tuesday, with the S&P 500 extending its recent rally to a fresh high and the Dow surpassing the 15,000 milestone, boosted by better-than-expected economic data from Germany and a gain in Japan.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average crossed above 15,000 to hit an all-time intraday high of 15,013.43. Caterpillar and JPMorgan led the blue-chip gainers. The index first broke above the milestone on Friday, but has yet to close above the level.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/dow-surpasses-1500...

OECD Forecasts Global Economy to Recover Next Year: Economy
By Mark Deen - May 29, 2013 3:41 AM PT

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development forecasts global economic growth will accelerate in 2014 with both the U.S. and Japan continuing to outpace the euro area.

“The global economy is moving forward and it is doing so at multiple speeds,” OECD Chief Economist Pier Carlo Padoan said today in the Paris-based organization’s semi-annual Economic Outlook. Differing monetary and fiscal choices across the major developed economies are driving regional divergence with “each path carrying its own mix of risks,” he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-29/oecd...

Hiring picks up as housing market recovers
The Labor Department says the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.
March 08, 2013|By Don Lee, Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON — The pace of job growth has begun gathering steam as the last missing piece in the recovery — the housing market — comes back to life nationwide and employers start to look past government budget battles and add to their thinned ranks.

The Labor Department said the economy generated 236,000 net jobs in February, much more than analysts had expected.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/08/busin...

Home prices up 10 percent: How strong is this year’s US housing market?
Sales volume is rising, and the inventory of homes in foreclosure is down almost 25 percent from a year ago. Here’s some more context to put the recent trends in home prices in perspective.

News of the first double-digit annual home price gain since 2006 raises a question: Just how blazing hot is the housing market?

Clearly a recovery has gathered some steam.

Home prices have been rising across all 20 US cities that are tracked by Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller indexes, and the widely watched Case-Shiller nationwide index shows home prices up 10.2 percent over the past four quarters.

http://news.yahoo.com/home-prices-10-percent-...

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916671 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
John Roberts was not on the Supreme Court in 2000 when Algore attempted to steal the election.
Yes, you're right, Nixon appointee, very ill, William Rehnquist was Chief Justice."Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor suggested in a weekend interview that the high court should have stayed out of the 2000 election." ..."It’s not the first time O’Connor has expressed doubt about the 5-4 decision. In a 2010 interview, she said she didn’t know if it was right. But, she added, she didn’t worry about it because several recounts found that Bush would have won the state regardless.(Those recounts — the one requested by Al Gore and the one ordered by the state Supreme Court — were limited. Had Gore been able to trigger a statewide recount the result likely would have been different, a 2001 Post analysis found.) She has also linked declining public perception of the Supreme Court to that decision." Check this out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
Florida

Seminole, FL

#916672 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no contradiction, because the Amendment procedure is set in stone in the Constitution.
I really don't know is more stupid, Jean or Realtime??

How many times have they been wrong and called others liars and had to be proven wrong and brought up to snuff?

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916673 Jun 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then just drop to your knees and open your mouth.
Maybe you should just cut it off an become the true eunuch that you are, son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916674 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But bushie rewarded his services!

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916675 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bosnian Muslims also committed genocide.
Muslims can't get along with anybody else.
John that's just a flat out lie....and total BS.

http://www.history.com/topics/bosnian-genocid...

Do you have any proof, were there any Bosnian Muslims convicted of war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide.

geesh, the trouble with you conservatives is that you just make crap up when you are proven wrong.

go ahead, and back up your claim
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#916676 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The military is specifically authorized by the Constitution.
Actually son, no they're not.

Maybe in your country but not the United States.

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916677 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethanol is a carbon-based fuel, just like "fossil" fuels, a meaningless classification.
Ethanol is produced from a recyclable carbon-based man-made agricultural product that's limited by how much the farmer decides to use as food or fuel whereas oil is finite and can not be recycled--once you burn it ;it's gone forever but its residue waste energy in greenhouse gas emissions , plastics,fertilizers, etc. continues to pile up as pollution in the Natural Commons .

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#916678 Jun 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should taxpayers from other states pay for you to buy military-style equipment and pay overtime to cops?
you know I've been wondering the same thing.. Seeing how most liberal states like California, NY, Illinois pay more taxes into the Federal gov't than they get back, while most republican states actually get more in Federal dollars than they pay into the Federal gov't

why should we be supporting republican welfare mooching states

States receiving the most federal funding per tax dollar paid:
1. New Mexico:$2.63
2. West Virginia:$2.57
3. Mississippi:$2.47
4. District of Colombia:$2.41
5. Hawaii:$2.38
6. Alabama:$2.03
7. Alaska:$1.93
8. Montana:$1.92
9. South Carolina:$1.92
10. Maine:$1.78

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/s...

“Come Home America!”

Level 1

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916679 Jun 1, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know is more stupid, Jean or Realtime??
How many times have they been wrong and called others liars and had to be proven wrong and brought up to snuff?
It's the culture...
Yes , you and Galt think the U S Constitution was delivered straight from the mind of God and everyone knows that God can't be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min IBdaMann 48,593
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 12,031
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr zazz 96,566
Attorney, former GOP candidate Deon Long disbarred 9 hr the circus is in ... 1
Bush Family skims one % from Domestic Violence ... 10 hr shamefully 6
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 hr bunner 489,660
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 16 hr LizW 70,529
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando