Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
831,801 - 831,820 of 1,099,385 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

BlueFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's umbrellas? Republicans will eventually have to get back to real issues like immigration,(improving) economy, sequester, women's rights, background checks, etc. Americans are tiring of their witch hunting and obsession with bringing down the president along with the country.
So very true, most Americans can see,,,, and it reflects in Congress lowest approval rating ever. Still they don't get it. GOP AKA [Grand OLD Perverts].
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep old Eed is a proven self admitted MOOCHER. I can feel his pain as he attempts to lie cover. LMAO
ghost looking for friends with the same mental disorder as you f*ckin retard....priceless!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, under your plan, businesses would collect a federal sales tax.
How does that business send the money to the federal government?
My guess is that they would need to file a report and include payment (paper or electronic).
Without a IRS, who will open these reports, verify them & deposit the money???
Who will investigate potential fraud?
Who will check to see that I'm selling birdhouses & not reporting it?
The same people who do it now in the states. We have this thing called the U.S.Treasury. You know, where all the tax money now goes.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Eed, I mock you. You with your hand out. Hypocrite in chief.
The truth has no agenda, but only exposes liars and frauds for what you are RealDave. Better you pretend to know nothing and stay ignorant, be in willful denial, hiding as opposed to know the honest truth and destroy your fragile little ego. Where the Bush umbrellas link RealDave??

RealDave using his: "I am an idiot" defense... He runs and hides....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
TOO funny, give my love to old Julie, you old obsessed fool. You brain dead old goat.
Mary knows you are an idiot ghost...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Mary knows you are an idiot ghost...
All the women love me...while idiots like you live in fear. Bill
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
All the women love me...while idiots like you live in fear. Bill
Jessica and Robert know you are a retard ghost...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Jessica and Robert know you are a retard ghost...
While Betty and Melvin told me all about your psycho azz...Hows that grab yea? Retard.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
While Betty and Melvin told me all about your psycho azz...Hows that grab yea? Retard.
Steve, Stephanee, and Michael know you are a dernged old pervert ghost... You a bumpass idiot...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Vivian said hello ghost....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave is a wanker....

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam Hussein:
The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq . The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.
Barack Hussein Obama speech, Sunday, May 1, 2011:
And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly withmy national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, Idetermined that I had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan .
Notice the difference.
yeah. The first one is a true leader and the second one is a clown. Good post!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
Vivian said hello ghost....
Sorry, oven head but you have become way to bizarre to even talk to. Go limp on down the street. Shoo psycho. BYE
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

FOXbot disappointment.

Resonance Resistant

Whether one thinks the demiscandals being howled about in Washington should or should not resonate more widely, they don’t.

According to a Gallup report released Thursday,“The amount of attention Americans are paying to the I.R.S. and the Benghazi situations is well below the average for news stories Gallup has tracked over the years.”(The Associated Press phone records case wasn’t mentioned.) Why might this be? I have a few theories:

CREDIBILITY

People know that the Internal Revenue Service is the conservatives’ bogeyman. It’s the agency that collects the taxes that Republicans hate so much. Some Americans see taxes as, at worst, a necessary nuisance; Republicans see them as an absolute evil. The I.R.S. is the agency that collects the wealth from “us” for the government to redistribute to “them.” As National Journal pointed out Friday,“The agency also implements much of the country’s social policy through the tax code.” We all know that anything with “social” in its name activates the conservative gag reflex.

And on the Associated Press front, it just doesn’t ring true to have Republicans standing up as defenders of the “lame-stream media.” It’s like the person with the club feigning common cause with the baby seal. People just don’t buy it.

Furthermore, Republicans have exhibited a near-pathological need to say anything, no matter how outlandish, that would invalidate the Obama presidency. This has left them with little credibility now that there may be legitimate problems. This is the story of the political party that cried “Kenyan.”

COMPLEXITY

Where is Benghazi? Seriously, folks, quickly point it out on a map. Thought so. Now, to the controversy: the talking points — what they said, and the machination of how that was altered, and whether Al Qaeda should have been immediately blamed, and whether the word “terror” should have had an “-ist” or an “-ism.” Seeking to find the killers of four dead Americans is honorable; endless testimony about a fussed-over script used to explain the tragedy is mind-numbing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/opinion/blo... ;
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

UNPOPULARITY

It is clear that the Justice Department overreached on the Associated Press scandal and that its strong-arm tactics are likely to have a chilling effect. But Americans are not big fans of mass media. A November Gallup poll found that only a fourth of Americans rate the honesty and ethical standards of journalists highly. Even bankers ranked higher.

As for Tea Party groups that received extra scrutiny from the I.R.S., an Associated Press-GfK poll released last month found that fewer than a fourth of Americans say they support the group. The Tea Party may well be passé.

The policy issue is a different story, as The Washington Post pointed out this week:“In 2010, the Supreme Court’s landmark ‘Citizens United’ decision cleared the way for corporations and labor unions to raise and spend unlimited sums of money, and register for tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(4).”

That decision was extremely unpopular. An ABC News/Washington Post poll released nearly a month after the decision was handed down found that 80 percent of Americans opposed it.

So an unpopular movement applied for tax-exempt status under conditions made possible by an unpopular court decision, in order to influence politics with unfathomable amounts money from unnamed donors? Good luck gaining sympathy for that.

ZEALOTRY

The Congressional Tea Party Caucus founder, Michele Bachmann, who never misses a chance to say something asinine, suggested to the conservative site wnd.com that it was “reasonable” to worry that the I.R.S. might use Obamacare to kill conservatives.

The article reads, in part:

“Since the I.R.S. also is the chief enforcer of Obamacare requirements, she asked whether the I.R.S.’s admission means it ‘will deny or delay access to health care’ for conservatives. At this point, she said, that ‘is a reasonable question to ask.’”

“Reasonable” and “Bachmann” don’t even belong in the same conversation, let alone the same sentence, and yet she remains one of the most visible spokeswomen for the movement.

Even former House Speaker Newt Gingrich warned Republicans against overreaching. In an NPR interview that aired Friday, Gingrich, referring to the impeachment of President Clinton, said,“I think we overreached in ’98 — how’s that for a quote you can use?”

He continued, advising his party to be “calm and factual.” Ha! That’s too rich, and too late. Republicans are already invoking the I-word.

Republicans are their own worst enemies at times like these, unable to leave well-enough alone, and missing chances to honestly engage the public as they race off the cliff in the supercharged outrage machine.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

"Furthermore, Republicans have exhibited a near-pathological need to say anything, no matter how outlandish, that would invalidate the Obama presidency. This has left them with little credibility now that there may be legitimate problems. This is the story of the political party that cried “Kenyan.”"

crying wolf a thousand times leaves you with no room left to cry at all.

so how is it that FOXbots can't see that reality?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> yeah. The first one is a true leader and the second one is a clown. Good post!
So one idiot confirming another about an idiot president pretending that he actually cared about all of the innocent men and women that he sent to their deaths because of his greed and lies. Bush-Cheney were as bad as Saddam maybe a little dumber and better liars..Still idiots like you and Galt show your blind loyality and absolutely no respect for the sacrificed...Obama got our real enemy and that was what it was all about. You and Galt are shameful garbage in my and most Americans book..
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
FOXbot disappointment.
Resonance Resistant
Whether one thinks the demiscandals being howled about in Washington should or should not resonate more widely, they don’t.
According to a Gallup report released Thursday,“The amount of attention Americans are paying to the I.R.S. and the Benghazi situations is well below the average for news stories Gallup has tracked over the years.”(The Associated Press phone records case wasn’t mentioned.) Why might this be? I have a few theories:
CREDIBILITY
People know that the Internal Revenue Service is the conservatives’ bogeyman. It’s the agency that collects the taxes that Republicans hate so much. Some Americans see taxes as, at worst, a necessary nuisance; Republicans see them as an absolute evil. The I.R.S. is the agency that collects the wealth from “us” for the government to redistribute to “them.” As National Journal pointed out Friday,“The agency also implements much of the country’s social policy through the tax code.” We all know that anything with “social” in its name activates the conservative gag reflex.
And on the Associated Press front, it just doesn’t ring true to have Republicans standing up as defenders of the “lame-stream media.” It’s like the person with the club feigning common cause with the baby seal. People just don’t buy it.
Furthermore, Republicans have exhibited a near-pathological need to say anything, no matter how outlandish, that would invalidate the Obama presidency. This has left them with little credibility now that there may be legitimate problems. This is the story of the political party that cried “Kenyan.”
COMPLEXITY
Where is Benghazi? Seriously, folks, quickly point it out on a map. Thought so. Now, to the controversy: the talking points — what they said, and the machination of how that was altered, and whether Al Qaeda should have been immediately blamed, and whether the word “terror” should have had an “-ist” or an “-ism.” Seeking to find the killers of four dead Americans is honorable; endless testimony about a fussed-over script used to explain the tragedy is mind-numbing.
Thanks Sonic.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Back to the basics. The second derivative is acceleration, dufus.
Now, take this new knowledge and review your ignorant comments.
Do not explain ANYTHING TECHNICAL to a leftist.

It frightens them.

That's why most genuine engineers/physicists/mathemati cians (at least the ones I've worked with for over 30 years) are conservative.

Facts don't scare us.
PSALM 37

Nashville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Psalm 37
Instruction in Wisdom
Davidic.
1 Do not be agitated by evildoers; do not envy those who do wrong. 2 For they wither quickly like grass and wilt like tender green plants.
3 Trust in the LORD and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. 4 Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart’s desires.
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act, 6 making your righteousness shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday.
7 Be silent before the LORD and wait expectantly for Him; do not be agitated by one who prospers in his way, by the man who carries out evil plans.
8 Refrain from anger and give up &#8970;your&#8971; rage; do not be agitated—it can only bring harm. 9 For evildoers will be destroyed, but those who put their hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked person will be no more; though you look for him, he will not be there. 11 But the humble will inherit the land and will enjoy abundant prosperity.
12 The wicked person schemes against the righteous and gnashes his teeth at him. 13 The Lord laughs at him because He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword and strung the bow to bring down the afflicted and needy and to slaughter those whose way is upright. 15 Their swords will enter their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.
16 The little that the righteous man has is better than the abundance of many wicked people. 17 For the arms of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD supports the righteous.
18 The LORD watches over the blameless all their days, and their inheritance will last forever. 19 They will not be disgraced in times of adversity; they will be satisfied in days of hunger.
20 But the wicked will perish; the LORD’s enemies, like the glory of the pastures, will fade away— they will fade away like smoke.
21 The wicked man borrows and does not repay, but the righteous one is gracious and giving. 22 Those who are blessed by Him will inherit the land, but those cursed by Him will be destroyed.
23 A man’s steps are established by the LORD, and He takes pleasure in his way. 24 Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, because the LORD holds his hand.
25 I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous abandoned or his children begging for bread. 26 He is always generous, always lending, and his children are a blessing.
27 Turn away from evil and do what is good, and dwell there forever. 28 For the LORD loves justice and will not abandon His faithful ones. They are kept safe forever, but the children of the wicked will be destroyed. 29 The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it permanently.
30 The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom; his tongue speaks what is just. 31 The instruction of his God is in his heart; his steps do not falter.
32 The wicked one lies in wait for the righteous and seeks to kill him; 33 the LORD will not leave him in the power of the wicked one or allow him to be condemned when he is judged.
34 Wait for the LORD and keep His way, and He will exalt you to inherit the land. You will watch when the wicked are destroyed.
35 I have seen a wicked, violent man well-rooted like a flourishing native tree. 36 Then I passed by and noticed he was gone; I searched for him, but he could not be found.
37 Watch the blameless and observe the upright, for the man of peace will have a future. 38 But transgressors will all be eliminated; the future of the wicked will be destroyed.
39 The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD, their refuge in a time of distress. 40 The LORD helps and delivers them; He will deliver them from the wicked and will save them because they take refuge in Him.
Psalms 37:1-40 (HCSB)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 16 min welfarestate 486,500
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Brian_G 46,282
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 57 min Rambler 17,612
The alphabet (Jun '06) 1 hr AmyFaith 1,049
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 3 hr Lon Spector 28
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr Anne 96,386
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 hr Lon Spector 189
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••