Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,141)

Showing posts 822,801 - 822,820 of1,033,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Do You Hate America?
So many Hate America posts
I speak of taxpayer funded BC, freeloaders, Kermit Gosnelland the Liberals who promote it all and you ask me why I hate America.

Obviously, I can see that you accept the definition of America as Free BC, Murderous Abortion Clinic owners and freeloaders.

And then you get upset that someone would hate this definition that you embrace.

Wow. I've not often met people like you who set their sights so pitifully low.

Voted for the Magic Negro, right?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jerk-In-Chief says that the Azan(Muslim Call To Prayer) is the most beautiful sound he has ever heard.
The 2nd most beautiful sound to him is that of a Drone missile tearing the flesh of innocent Pakistani women and children.
so did Bush feel the same way?

the first US drone strikes were in northwest Pakistan in 2004.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Intelligence Is No Guarantee of Good Judgment

Keith Hennessey goes to a lot of trouble to make an irrelevant argument:

I assume that some who read this will react automatically with disbelief and sarcasm. They think they know that President Bush is unintelligent because, after all, everyone knows that. They will assume that I am wrong, or blinded by loyalty, or lying. They are certain that they are smarter than George Bush.

I ask you simply to consider the possibility that I’m right, that he is smarter than you.

As I’ve said on other occasions, intelligence is no guarantee of good judgment, relevant specialized knowledge, or executive competence. A politician can have above-average intelligence and still support disastrous and ill-conceived policies. We see this happen with remarkable frequency. Indeed, a smart politician lacking in humility may think that he has can do things that less ambitious people would never contemplate trying. By many measures, Condi Rice is very smart, but she did a horrible job as National Security Adviser, and her tenure as Secretary of State wasn’t very impressive, either. Bush might very well be smarter than most of Hennessey’s students and he might be smarter than many of us, and it wouldn’t change the fact that some of his signature policies were disasters and some brazenly violated established legal and ethical norms. Being smart is no guarantee against moral and ethical failures, and it’s no guarantee of good judgment.

Consider the example of Mitt Romney. Romney is undeniably very intelligent, so much so that he probably falls into the category of “too smart for his own good” when it comes to politics. Whatever else Romney critics said over the years, no one ever doubted that he was very smart. Regardless, the fact that Romney was obviously very bright didn’t change the reality that he a) knew virtually nothing about foreign policy; b) seemed unconcerned that he didn’t know very much about it; c) endorsed a series of reflexively hawkish policies because that was what a conventional Republican nominee was expected to do. In these respects, there was a frightening resemblance between Romney and Bush in their shared overconfidence and ignorance about the world. Romney endorsed misguided foreign policy ideas because he didn’t know much about the subject, didn’t care about it very much, paid it very little attention despite running for president almost continuously for six years, and because these were the ideas that the “experts” he surrounded himself with favored. Romney’s statements on foreign policy during his presidential campaigns confirmed one thing above all, which is that smart people can believe incredibly stupid and foolish things.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
nobamaredux

Wexford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Do You Hate America?
So many Hate America posts
We love America, but not Obama's America.
nobamaredux

Wexford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing Pakistanis is no problem.

We are concerned about Obama killing American political opponents.

“wake up”

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
SNAPis there to help people.
It is not supposed to be kept a secret.
hey dave . If I buy you a burger today what will you want tomarrow? The problem is not that some people need help the problem is people have grown acustom to handouts and won't help themselves.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
ok I may be wrong on this but from video I've seen it appears they took the Boston bomber in the boat out with a drone. It sure looks like it to me.
It was embarrassing for the Jerk-In-Chief's people and for the Boston Police. They had the entire city on lock-down for..what...24 hrs? They finally threw their hands up and admitted that the last bomber must have slip through their fingers. They called off the lock-down.

An hour later, a Boston resident calls in to say he found the terrorist in his back yard.

Suddenly, media starts reporting about Police helicopters w/thermal imaging detectors and ground personnel using robots and stun-grenades to get the guy out of that boat. Hell! He was bleeding to death in there!

But the embarrassed police and FBI wanted to show off their Hi-Tech prowess after being shown up by an elderly city resident.

Police Power! Yeah!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

House Republican Rebranding Effort Suffers Major Setback

Amid opposition from conservative members and Democrats, House Republican leaders abruptly cancelled a vote on legislation designed to simultaneously undermine a progressive piece of Obamacare and boost the party’s credibility with voters who support protections for people with preexisting medical conditions.

The legislation would have transferred $3.6 billion from the Affordable Care Act’s prevention and public health fund to a temporary, underfunded high-risk pool plan in the law to cover sick people with preexisting conditions for the rest of 2013, until Obamacare’s guarantee of insurance coverage for all people kicks in.

Republicans described it as an effort to help sick people where President Obama had failed.

The move is a significant blow to GOP leaders and their efforts to soften the party’s image. It reflects their inability to secure sufficient conservative buy-in for even modest legislation aimed at improving the Republican party’s brand, and suggests that their only real hope for moderating the GOP’s reputation is to buck the right and pass genuinely moderate and bipartisan legislation with Democratic support.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/ho...
nobamaredux

Wexford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Does it strike anyone as odd that the citizens of Massachusetts reject the death penalty on moral grounds....until they have a tragedy and then forget their morality and turn to someone else to take out the trash?

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Bush, not me. Why would you ask me such a stupid question?
Can't you control your impulses to act stupid?
nobamaredux

Wexford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Copulation is free, BC is dirt cheap.
Liberals like you cry wolf because it is profitable. Profiling is wrong, BC is too expensive for promiscuous trash, abortions should be free, blah, blah, blah...because someone stands to make a lot of money off of it while the government gains more power.
Kermit Gosnell, anyone? Pharmaceutical Companies? Power to the Jerk-In-Chief?
Take your hand out of my pockets and my pants, pervert.
Not that I disagree with you, but birth control and abortion are far down the list of problems with the Obama Regime.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Intelligence Is No Guarantee of Good Judgment
Keith Hennessey goes to a lot of trouble to make an irrelevant argument:
I assume that some who read this will react automatically with disbelief and sarcasm. They think they know that President Bush is unintelligent because, after all, everyone knows that. They will assume that I am wrong, or blinded by loyalty, or lying. They are certain that they are smarter than George Bush.
I ask you simply to consider the possibility that I’m right, that he is smarter than you.
As I’ve said on other occasions, intelligence is no guarantee of good judgment, relevant specialized knowledge, or executive competence. A politician can have above-average intelligence and still support disastrous and ill-conceived policies. We see this happen with remarkable frequency. Indeed, a smart politician lacking in humility may think that he has can do things that less ambitious people would never contemplate trying. By many measures, Condi Rice is very smart, but she did a horrible job as National Security Adviser, and her tenure as Secretary of State wasn’t very impressive, either. Bush might very well be smarter than most of Hennessey’s students and he might be smarter than many of us, and it wouldn’t change the fact that some of his signature policies were disasters and some brazenly violated established legal and ethical norms. Being smart is no guarantee against moral and ethical failures, and it’s no guarantee of good judgment.
Consider the example of Mitt Romney. Romney is undeniably very intelligent, so much so that he probably falls into the category of “too smart for his own good” when it comes to politics. Whatever else Romney critics said over the years, no one ever doubted that he was very smart. Regardless, the fact that Romney was obviously very bright didn’t change the reality that he a) knew virtually nothing about foreign policy; b) seemed unconcerned that he didn’t know very much about it; c) endorsed a series of reflexively hawkish policies because that was what a conventional Republican nominee was expected to do. In these respects, there was a frightening resemblance between Romney and Bush in their shared overconfidence and ignorance about the world. Romney endorsed misguided foreign policy ideas because he didn’t know much about the subject, didn’t care about it very much, paid it very little attention despite running for president almost continuously for six years, and because these were the ideas that the “experts” he surrounded himself with favored. Romney’s statements on foreign policy during his presidential campaigns confirmed one thing above all, which is that smart people can believe incredibly stupid and foolish things.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Intelligence Is No Guarantee of Good Posts.

But, in your case, this is irrelevant.
nobamaredux

Wexford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It was embarrassing for the Jerk-In-Chief's people and for the Boston Police. They had the entire city on lock-down for..what...24 hrs? They finally threw their hands up and admitted that the last bomber must have slip through their fingers. They called off the lock-down.
An hour later, a Boston resident calls in to say he found the terrorist in his back yard.
Suddenly, media starts reporting about Police helicopters w/thermal imaging detectors and ground personnel using robots and stun-grenades to get the guy out of that boat. Hell! He was bleeding to death in there!
But the embarrassed police and FBI wanted to show off their Hi-Tech prowess after being shown up by an elderly city resident.
Police Power! Yeah!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA......
Hidden in all the BS is the apparent fact that the bombers had minimal firepower, other than their pressure cookers.

Meanwhile, the timid affirmative action Governor had all Bostonians cowering in their closets, disarmed and vulnerable.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I disagree with you, but birth control and abortion are far down the list of problems with the Obama Regime.
This is true in that context but remember that I am answering a post from ImaginatyDave. I am addressing his shrill priorities.
nobamaredux

Wexford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
House Republican Rebranding Effort Suffers Major Setback
Amid opposition from conservative members and Democrats, House Republican leaders abruptly cancelled a vote on legislation designed to simultaneously undermine a progressive piece of Obamacare and boost the party’s credibility with voters who support protections for people with preexisting medical conditions.
The legislation would have transferred $3.6 billion from the Affordable Care Act’s prevention and public health fund to a temporary, underfunded high-risk pool plan in the law to cover sick people with preexisting conditions for the rest of 2013, until Obamacare’s guarantee of insurance coverage for all people kicks in.
Republicans described it as an effort to help sick people where President Obama had failed.
The move is a significant blow to GOP leaders and their efforts to soften the party’s image. It reflects their inability to secure sufficient conservative buy-in for even modest legislation aimed at improving the Republican party’s brand, and suggests that their only real hope for moderating the GOP’s reputation is to buck the right and pass genuinely moderate and bipartisan legislation with Democratic support.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/ho...
Obamacare doesn't guarantee anything except that millions of people will lose their jobs and their insurance coverage.,
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
Does it strike anyone as odd that the citizens of Massachusetts reject the death penalty on moral grounds....until they have a tragedy and then forget their morality and turn to someone else to take out the trash?
It has nothing to do with the people of mass.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidden in all the BS is the apparent fact that the bombers had minimal firepower, other than their pressure cookers.
Meanwhile, the timid affirmative action Governor had all Bostonians cowering in their closets, disarmed and vulnerable.
No, he did so not knowing if there was more to come. It was a good decision
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing Pakistanis is no problem.
We are concerned about Obama killing American political opponents.
oh yes, the big 'maybe'.

so how has the line of reasoning been working out for conservatives? not to well i take it? that's a real shame. but maybe you should try to use it to get a Republican into the WH. that might work.

LMAO
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence Is No Guarantee of Good Posts.
But, in your case, this is irrelevant.
oh sure. so what i should start doing is insulting people like i'm a 5 year old.

seems to work for you, doesn't it?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
"Mosque that Boston suspects attended has radical ties"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
AND then we have this...
'Judge me by the people who surround me'
Pres Obama...
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-judge-m...
Zakats and Hawala of Hamas Incorporated?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 822,801 - 822,820 of1,033,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance