Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1621721 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#891103 Apr 21, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, what did I tell your retarded azz about posting on my thread?? Dont make me horsewhip you in the town square...
You;re confused. This is not the sissies only thread.

Judged:

13

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#891104 Apr 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave…Let me replace Social Engineering with Redistribution, Robbing Peter to Pay Paul, another words….telling someone they have a Right to someone else’s money even if they hadn’t Earn it!!
Another uneducated right whiner speaks.

Are all you people this stupid?

Judged:

21

17

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Westfield, MA

#891105 Apr 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Just one more...
New Hampshire Union Leader
April 12, 2013
Hussein's regime murdered as many as 1 million Iraqis in its years in absolute power. Many Americans forget this. Most Iraqis don't.
A graduate of Saddam's torture chambers, Barham Salih, was asked what he thought of the invasion 10 years later.
Salih is now the chairman of the board of the American University of Iraq in Sulaimani. Salih has served as both the deputy prime minister of Iraq and as prime minister of the Kurdish regional government.
"...War is never a good option, but given our history and the brutality of Saddam's regime, it may have been the only other option to end the genocidal campaign waged by Saddam against the Kurds and other communities in Iraq."
He went on to blame Iraqis, rather than Americans, for the failures of the past decade. "...There is no denying that Iraqi political leadership bears prime responsibility for squandering a unique opportunity to deliver to their people. This has been nothing short of a drastic failure of leadership on our part. The Kurdistan region offers hope that all is not lost in Iraq."
http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20130412/...
Sometimes it's easier to see things from a different angle when bias is involved.
The left blaming George Bush when Democrats like John Kerry, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton among many others wanted to get rid of Saddam even before 9/11 and voted for the Iraq War proves they have been angry at the wrong people for the wrong reasons all these years.
If the Iraq War and biased misconceptions is what divided us, maybe it's time to take a different look at it and begin to heal.
What you're forgetting Carol is that at the time of our incursion into Iraq the Kurds were being protected by no fly zones and were no longer in any substantial danger. When we gained our independence from Great Britain it was Americans who paid the price in blood, we didn't have some foreign power do it for us. People like Barham Salih wanted their freedom from Sadaam but weren't willing to do the heavy lifting required to achieve it.
Democrats who voted for giving Bush the authority for military force did so in the hopes that it would force Sadaam to open his sites to UN inspectors and it succeeded. The inspectors were in there but George W. wasn't pleased that they weren't finding what he wanted them to find and decided to invade before they finished their job.

Judged:

21

21

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Westfield, MA

#891106 Apr 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably said the same thing about the Korean War as many others did in the immediate aftermath.
Can you honestly argue South Korea wasn't worth it today?
Wrong Stupid! In the case of Korea there was an actual military invasion that threatened to conflagrate the entire region. This was not the case with Iraq. Sadaam's army was weak and demoralized and couldn't have invaded a whorehouse.

Judged:

18

18

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#891107 Apr 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not true.
I looked for this story when it first came out. Only on right wing x sites & all referenced the Fox source.
You were dumb enough to believe it even after it was declared to be not true.
It demonstrates that not only are you a lowlife slur slinger but get your information from Fox, Beck , Limbaugh & other right whiner sources.
RealDave's cover of his smoke, idiot and bullshit, FOX his assisted living center.

Judged:

19

18

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Westfield, MA

#891108 Apr 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a little late. This is old news.
Pouring water up three really bad guys' noses is still up in the air as far as being "torture". They weren't maimed and a physician was present. The CIA agents also had to be waterboarded. Would we "torture" our own guys?
Leon Panetta, the Director of the CIA, clearly implied it was this type of interrogation which helped put the puzzle together to find bin Laden's courier.
Wrong nitwit! Water boarding is torture and we prosecuted its use as a war crime after WWII. There's nothing "up in the air" about it. Yes we do use it on intelligence trainees to teach them how to resist it. You obviously don't see the difference between participating voluntarily in a training regimen and being involuntarily tortured.
Panetta never implied that water boarding or in right wing PC parlance "enhanced interrogation" ever contributed to information that ultimately tracked down Bin Laden. John McCain who is on the Senate Intelligence Committee stated;
“It was not torture, or cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of detainees that got us the major leads that ultimately enabled our intelligence community to find Osama bin Laden,”
He also stated;
“Ultimately this debate is about far more than technical or practical issues. It is about far more than whether torture works or does not work. It is about far more than utilitarian matters. Ultimately, this is about morality.”
“We are America, and we hold ourselves to a higher standard,”
And yet you keep insisting you're some kind of Christian.

Judged:

15

15

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Westfield, MA

#891110 Apr 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no WMDs THEN! After he was given plenty of time to get rid of them.
Are you just plain stupid or is just pretending 5000 Kurds - mostly women and children - weren't found lying dead in the streets from a Saddam WMD your preferred mechanism of denial?
Once again stupid, the massacre of the Kurds occurred during the Reagan administration and we didn't do a goddamn thing about it because he was our ally against Iran. The Kurds were being protected by the no fly zone in the north when we invaded so what happened in the past had no bearing on anything.
The ironic fact is that the real victor in the Iraq war that Bush initiated was Iran and they didn't have to lose one soul to achieve that victory but we lost over 4000.
You're an idiot Carol!

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#891112 Apr 21, 2013
flack wrote:
"Now this war will not be like the war against Iraq a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war over Kosovo two years ago, where no ground troops were used and not a single American was lost in combat. Our response involves far more than instant retaliation and isolated strikes. Americans should not expect one battle, but a lengthy campaign, unlike any we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strike, visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success. We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against the other, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."
President George Bush
Taken From
Address to Joint Session of Congress Following 9/11 Attacks
Here libtards. Read the words and quit your lying. Notice that last sentence: From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.
Saddam Hussein was known to be paying $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers in Israel. A fact!!! Spin that!!!
I bring the above post forward with the hope that at least one of you brain dead libtards will read it and understand that you are wrong! Read it!!!

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#891114 Apr 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I bring the above post forward with the hope that at least one of you brain dead libtards will read it and understand that you are wrong! Read it!!!
Flack clings to this lame excuse even though George W Bush never cited it.

Just how far will right whiners go to provide excuses for their President's lies to go to war & kill over 4,000 of our sons & daughters soldiers?

Have you no shame?

I wonder how many countries supported terrorists groups & why haven't we decided to invade each & every one of them. They provided far more support in allowing these groups to take shelter in their countries.

George W Bush said Sadam likely had nukes & were going to sell them to Al Qaeda

George W Bush said Sadam had links to Al Qaeda

George W Bush said he was spreading democracy.

George W Bush never said we invaded Iraq because Sadam sent some families of suicide bombers $25K.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#891115 Apr 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I bring the above post forward with the hope that at least one of you brain dead libtards will read it and understand that you are wrong! Read it!!!
And then we invaded Iraq?

Judged:

12

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Drummond

United States

#891116 Apr 21, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I was simply mimicking your primate behavior as a source of poignant humor. Imitation is the highest form of flattery:)
But I can take my talents only so far. I could never imitate your being a dogpile. You are King of the Hill, Dood.
Speaking of dogpiles, I'm addressing one right now.

Buddy, here's a clue. You're about as funny as a corpse. You can't stand your ground and debate because you have no brain to debate with.

Cway just kicks the crap out of you and you end up looking like the chattering fool you are.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#891117 Apr 21, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again stupid, the massacre of the Kurds occurred during the Reagan administration and we didn't do a goddamn thing about it because he was our ally against Iran. The Kurds were being protected by the no fly zone in the north when we invaded so what happened in the past had no bearing on anything.
The ironic fact is that the real victor in the Iraq war that Bush initiated was Iran and they didn't have to lose one soul to achieve that victory but we lost over 4000.
You're an idiot Carol!
Just as the real benefactor in the Korean conflict was Japan who enjoys one of the finest trade arrangements in history. Mitsubishi alone manufactures over 250 products in S. Korea including the massive power plants that power ships, drilling platforms etc.

The Deepwater Horizon was built in S. Korea.

Judged:

13

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#891118 Apr 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I bring the above post forward with the hope that at least one of you brain dead libtards will read it and understand that you are wrong! Read it!!!
I read it.

Now show us the WMDs.

You can't? What a surprise.

Judged:

13

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891119 Apr 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I bring the above post forward with the hope that at least one of you brain dead libtards will read it and understand that you are wrong! Read it!!!
Therefore we should invade Russia, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen .......he'll, lets just bomb the world. You're an idiot

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891120 Apr 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack clings to this lame excuse even though George W Bush never cited it.
Just how far will right whiners go to provide excuses for their President's lies to go to war & kill over 4,000 of our sons & daughters soldiers?
Have you no shame?
I wonder how many countries supported terrorists groups & why haven't we decided to invade each & every one of them. They provided far more support in allowing these groups to take shelter in their countries.
George W Bush said Sadam likely had nukes & were going to sell them to Al Qaeda
George W Bush said Sadam had links to Al Qaeda
George W Bush said he was spreading democracy.
George W Bush never said we invaded Iraq because Sadam sent some families of suicide bombers $25K.
Our invasion and destruction of Iraq gave way for increased AlQuaeda activity in Iraq.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891121 Apr 21, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong nitwit! Water boarding is torture and we prosecuted its use as a war crime after WWII. There's nothing "up in the air" about it. Yes we do use it on intelligence trainees to teach them how to resist it. You obviously don't see the difference between participating voluntarily in a training regimen and being involuntarily tortured.
Panetta never implied that water boarding or in right wing PC parlance "enhanced interrogation" ever contributed to information that ultimately tracked down Bin Laden. John McCain who is on the Senate Intelligence Committee stated;
“It was not torture, or cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of detainees that got us the major leads that ultimately enabled our intelligence community to find Osama bin Laden,”
He also stated;
“Ultimately this debate is about far more than technical or practical issues. It is about far more than whether torture works or does not work. It is about far more than utilitarian matters. Ultimately, this is about morality.”
“We are America, and we hold ourselves to a higher standard,”
And yet you keep insisting you're some kind of Christian.
Brilliant, interesting, agree!

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#891122 Apr 21, 2013
A bunch of brain dead morans!

Judged:

14

13

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

United States

#891123 Apr 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another uneducated right whiner speaks.
Are all you people this stupid?
Dave some advice: It’s "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"… Fool!!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#891124 Apr 21, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Tighter VISA regulations AND routine followups on.
Russia for 6 mths? Really?
Now we applaud the same federal flunkies who screwed up to begin with because they caught the guy after the fact. This guy was probably on a short list of subjects within an hour of the bombing. Then it was just a matter of finding him on (private) surveillance cameras.

Good job, FBI.

Now, how about rounding up the rest of his kind and deporting them?

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#891125 Apr 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama sent no one to the funeral.
Conservative Party removed Maggie
Obama has a history of dissing the British, including presenting the Queen with an inappropriate gift.

Low class ghetto trash, movin' on up.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know what happened to crazy Ron? 2 hr IsisIsInDC 3
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Mary NY 514,206
News Mother: Casey Anthony's Acquittal A Sign From God (Sep '11) 4 hr cadescove99 50
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 hr Can t Have It Bot... 64,007
News Orlando cop quits after her arrest -- Political... (May '08) Sun GoGetThem 42
Florida Cops Investgated Sun GoGetThem 1
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) Oct 21 That guy 1,339

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages