Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#883834 Apr 4, 2013
Hey nuculur nutcase. Who else are you posting as today, loony bin?
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAXTURD" Still circling the bowl.
Whose we Waxturd, you're trolling carnival of circus trolls?
Grey Moron Jul 17, 2011 <quoted text>
..and we thought you couldn't see past your bulbous nose.
Nostrilis Waxman/Floriduh/No Surprise aka known as the stalker "WAXBALLS topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one:
Demidiots, 0h-Rea11y,_lily waxman raton fl, Big Bubba BLackCock, TSM, Forum, Old Crazy Goober, Jimmy, Proud2bewhite, No Surprise, Jimma Carter, Impeach Obama, Anyone from Temacula, Arguingwithidiots, loulee rat mouth fl, Barney Frank , fake Dem, Lt Dan, LOL, lily's children, LOL, Floriduh, fukutu, Ignoramus, Liberals Eat Feces, DEM idiots, Billy Carter,, Warturds, CAE, Fetch N Stepinit, Rectal Liberal, Commie DemocRATs, Wartime, Billy C, Subversive Barry, Groucho, FUBO, King George, Patrick, Democrats are Fascists, Gay Ghost, VAGITARIAN, Bronach, Pete, King George, PTBW Forever, The Real Truth, WorthlessWhore, Louise, Cheryl
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dead?
Groucho wrote:
Lehighton, PA
<quoted text>
Hiya Woofie. Ya got me confused with someone else.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure You also have a Unicorn in the back yard,right? Toodles, ape man.
Democrats are Fascists wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ride your Unicorn often, liberal?
Democrats are Fascists wrote: Have a nice day Richard Cranium. <quoted text>
Grey Moron wrote: <quoted text> What a perfect description of the typical liberal. Good job, Richard Cranium.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:#395210 Jul 17, 2011 <quoted text>
Look Richard Cranium. I already told you, NOT INTERESTED in you. It's obvious to me you were born from the anal canal (spelling police - what a moron - like I'm going to spell check posting to a loser).
Nostrilis Waxman 395208 Jul 17, 2011
No. Liberals who cannot adapt to society like you are homo-schooled Richard Cranium. Let me guess about you... You are an Obama voter?
Grey Moron Fairview, NJ |#441048 Bored. You say a lot, but it means nothing. One can only deal with a moron like you in limited doses. I'm sure you've encoutered this before, like when you approach people at a party. Did you ever wonder why they scatter? Zzzzz.
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor, Ct #395266 Jul 17, 2011
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
Nostrilis Waxman #93787 Mar 7, 2011
When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman #395266
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Is it sad liberal moron?
Nwaxman wrote: <quoted text>
By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
Dman wrote:
<quoted text>How's it going, Spork? Still have a mouthful of Barry?
Time for some chocolate cake and ice cream!
VAGITARIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stand in line with the rest of the libtards and await your ass-pounding from the mods.
[nwaxman]I like big sweaty co ock in my azz whole!
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>butt-crack

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trabajo Unchained

London, UK

#883835 Apr 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Poor, dumb carol can--or at least will--never admit to understanding why people find her so irritating. Sheesh, when realtime and even Homer find her insufferable, what does she expect from the rest of us?
Frankly my dear, all I give a damn about is you. I've resigned myself to the idea I can't have you... and yet I can have you whenever I wish.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#883836 Apr 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Feinstein: Don’t Come To The Senate If You’re Afraid Of The NRA
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/feinstein-d...
Oooh, the big, bad NRA, 3 million members, I'm so scared......

dwarfed by the public employees unions many times over....
Trabajo Unchained

London, UK

#883837 Apr 4, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying scumbag. Fick Sucker all the way. Not because of what you lie about, but because you are a seazebucket. I know I am not the first to say this to you.
? I thought you were in bed? It must be, like, 11 o'clock or something, isn't it? A wild night in the olde hamlet, huh? Get used to it.
Trabajo Unchained

London, UK

#883839 Apr 4, 2013
Yes, very often when I buy property in Europe I'll rush out onto the internet to an anonymous chatroom to tell strangers about it. It makes them feel bad so I love it.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#883840 Apr 4, 2013
Unemployment claims rise, pos scumbag Obama kicks it into full campaign mode, hobnobbing with millionaires and billionaires.

Obama slobbers over the private parts of leftist, fatcat Hollywood types, never says one word about Hollywoods unrelenting violence. What a coward.

Obama "gives" back $20 k of his salary while burning up $180K an hour campaigning for 2014 on AF 1, what a douche.

Libs are sooooooo stupid.
Trabajo Unchained

London, UK

#883842 Apr 4, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah. Just upload your own photo, Bozo. Everyone enjoys a good laugh.
I will if you will, sweetie. Let's have a look at the charismatic stud whilst driving his powerful machine the wrong way on the M4.
lil swill

Denver, CO

#883843 Apr 4, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry...your Happy Hour is just around the corner.
Lil' is happiest when some young, virile Mandingo is showering her wrinkled old mug with sticky male gamete
Trabajo Unchained

London, UK

#883844 Apr 4, 2013
Here's the bottom line: the tea party must die. I will do my part but everyone must do theirs as well. Find pathetic scared old white retired people in your neighborhood and mark a small purple cross on their white picket fence. I'll do the rest.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883845 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that's not really leosnana, right?
You probably also think the women you have phone sex with look like the pictures of those paid models who sucker in gullible and desperate men like yourself too though.
Which I find very, very...VERY funny.
Me too

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883846 Apr 4, 2013
Trabajo Unchained wrote:
Yes, very often when I buy property in Europe I'll rush out onto the internet to an anonymous chatroom to tell strangers about it. It makes them feel bad so I love it.
Yeah, where's the photos and address so we can google earth his azz?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883847 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or steal from the state that they are elected to represent and lie to press?
Ala Mark Sanford?
It's hard to say what would be worse, Mark Sanford as the governor of the most racist state in the USA or sitting in congress voting on bills that affect the citizens of the other states. Speaking of citizens, who is that freaky hot babe that Sanford is hanging with?
Must be the Argetine lover! He's running against Stephen Colberts sister! He's a damn fool who should just fade away, go to Argentina learn to tango.
He even had the cajoles to ask his ex wife to run his campaign, saying that he would pay her, this time!! Isn't she the one with the money?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883848 Apr 4, 2013
The culture war is over, and conservatives lost

It's time we conservatives accepted an alarming truth: Americans no longer agree with us

Late last year, I criticized the notion that Barack Obama won re-election by buying off voters with "gifts."

In case you've forgotten, many conservatives had sought to explain away Mitt Romney's loss by reasoning that we had finally reached a tipping point where Americans were voting for candidates who supported the welfare state, based solely on their own pecuniary interests. And I argued that voters do want to be given something by Republican politicians: Hope, optimism, and vision.

But while I dismissed that premise, there may be an even larger fundamental problem that should alarm conservatives even more: Too many Americans simply no longer agree with them on the merits.

We should have seen it coming. Back in 1999 — on the cusp of George W. Bush's presidency, and as Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress — conservative leader Paul Weyrich issued a controversial open letter declaring that conservatives "probably have lost the culture war."

As Weyrich wrote:

In looking at the long history of conservative politics, from the defeat of Robert Taft in 1952, to the nomination of Barry Goldwater, to the takeover of the Republican Party in 1994, I think it is fair to say that conservatives have learned to succeed in politics. That is, we got our people elected.

But that did not result in the adoption of our agenda. The reason, I think, is that politics itself has failed. And politics has failed because of the collapse of the culture. The culture we are living in becomes an ever-wider sewer. In truth, I think we are caught up in a cultural collapse of historic proportions, a collapse so great that it simply overwhelms politics.

In recent months, it has been especially depressing to be a conservative. In the past, one could more easily endure the ranting of liberal commentators by taking solace that — outside of New York City and Washington, D.C.— most of the country was center-right. Thus, whenever an elite liberal commentator said something fringy, one could always console himself by saying (or at least thinking): "I hope you push that idea, because you'll keep losing elections in real America."

Today, conservatives have made a shocking discovery: They are the ones in danger of appearing out of touch with middle America.

http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/238329/the-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Level 1

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883849 Apr 4, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, well, I DO think Obama, in spite of his being half white, is no more intelligent or honest than any other Chicago gangland Democrat politician.
You can dislike Obama's policies, but when you try to say he's not intelligent, your credibility takes a serious hit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883850 Apr 4, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying scumbag. Fick Sucker all the way. Not because of what you lie about, but because you are a seazebucket. I know I am not the first to say this to you.
Gee, what a great, substantive argument.

Piss off, foreigner. I know I am not the first to say that to you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883851 Apr 4, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The people have repeatedly rejected gay marriAGE, pay attention doorknob dave.
The people reject or approve a lot of things, that has no bearing on whether they are right, wrong, or constitutional.

The people approved of racial discrimination. They were brought in line.

They'll be brought in line again on gay marriage. They have no choice. That's what this country is about. If you don't like it, find a better one.

Putting all your hopes in "majority rule" or, more precisely in this case, the tyranny of the majority - is stupid and shortsighted because the chances you will always be the majority are slim.

The majority now supports same sex marriage, so there goes your little majority argument anyway.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883852 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You can dislike Obama's policies, but when you try to say he's not intelligent, your credibility takes a serious hit.
Bill Nelson finally came around on gay marriage

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883853 Apr 4, 2013
In a stinging piece at the New York Times, Ta-Nehisi Coates argues that Dr. Benjamin Carson, the present darling of the right, is wearing a mask as he answers a call by white conservatives to challenge President Barack Obama's policies after the failure of so many other "Conservative Black Hopes."

The present darling of the right wing, Dr. Benjamin Carson, is a distinguished neurosurgeon who went from the depths of Detroit poverty to the heights of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. But his current status among conservatives isn't so much rooted in Carson's redemptive rise from rags to respectability, as it is in the belief that he is, in the long winter of Obama, the one they've been waiting for.

Last week, Carson came under attack for comparing advocates of same-sex marriage with advocates of bestiality and the North American Man/Boy Love Association. He then cast himself as a victim of political correctness, besieged by white liberals -- "the most racist people there are" -- who could not countenance his heterodoxy and wanted to keep him on the "plantation."

The plantation metaphor refers to a popular theory on the right. It holds that the 95 percent of African-Americans who voted for a Democratic president are not normal Americans voting their beliefs, but slaves. A corollary to the plantation theory is the legend of the Conservative Black Hope, a lonesome outsider, willing to stare down the party of Obamacare and stand up for the party of voter ID. Does it matter that this abolitionist truth-teller serves at the leisure of an audience that is overwhelmingly white? Not really. Blacks are brainwashed slaves; you can't expect them to know what's in their interest.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/ben-carson-he-wea...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#883854 Apr 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, for those of you with reading comprehension issues, I'll repeat this slowly: I...am...not...a...lib...er... al.
However I stand up for those being scapegoated by simpletons who refuse to see their own part in things.
So don't call things "my" unmarried mothers and "my" lower emissions standards. I live in Florida. We don't even take our card for inspection, and I like it that way.
Yes, I would consider shacking up and having kids immoral. I wouldn't pass laws against it.
I argue vehemently for gay marriage rights because I'm gay and married and it has a very real, practical application to my life. My husband has been type 1 diabetic since he was ten years old. We are both 41. Hospital issues are a matter of when, not if. And I don't have to worry about going to jail because some right-wing doctor tries to keep me out of a room and I punch him in the face. I don't need to worry about his delinquent brother trying to take my home, should I survive him, or my money-hungry sister doing the same should he survive me. Oh, and also because I believed the bill of goods I was sold as a kid about America being free and equal.
Now, if you are really concerned about HIV (which I doubt) then the quickest, smartest thing you could do is to support same sex marriage, which naturally promotes monogamy like any other marriage, and reduces the spread of all STD's. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite who is simply acting on prejudice, not concern for HIV.
Finally, there is no such thing as "promoting a lifestyle" when it comes to being gay. You either are, or you aren't. You can't decide to become it, no matter how good the marketing campaign. Just like gay people can't choose to be straight, straight people can't choose to be gay. Nobody knows that better than gay people, so the last thing we would do is "promote a lifestyle." Stupid.
You're already more "free" than anyone on Earth - you want to be special. And, you're not being entirely honest about your choice of 'orientation'(such a double entendre).
I couldn't help but notice one glaring omission from your diatribe, and it's the very foundation of "marriage", namely "love". Your desire for "equality" (sic), by your own admission, is driven by economics, passion and convenience, not by love. I suggest that the emotion between parties of the same sex is not love, but the self serving convenience of 'comfort' and that can be achieved without the diminution and redefinition of "marriage". If there were no extraneous advantages to be gained by marriage, would you still want it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883855 Apr 4, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Nelson finally came around on gay marriage
I know. Very cool. I called him last week.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 min Murphey_Law 496,926
The alphabet (Jun '06) 26 min Princess Hey 1,295
mini bike 48 min anom 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 53,056
Slick Willie Still Has the Talent for Evasion a... 5 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr zazz 97,189
two words (Jul '10) 14 hr Princess Hey 27,207
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]