Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
811,741 - 811,760 of 1,082,949 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Holy crap, Mira, I'm stuck in traffic and have NO IDEA when I'll be home!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have said "God", "our God, "our creator".
They you "your creator".
Since God is the creator...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
JSD: Pork bellies are up 5.95 for next month though the COW JONES currently reflects an upsurge, perhaps artificial, in Securities.
Do you eat pork? I don't eat much pork or bacon or ham. Pigs are considered one of the smartest animal. Maybe that's why.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
So how's this whole christian thing workin' out for you, honey? I guess this is sort of, your day, isn't it? He died for your sins so now... well, you know... what goes around comes around... karma... that's not a christian concept actually, you guys built in the instant escape hatch so you can be a whore takin' a big hot load in the face when suddenly you feel your heart stop and if you can just spit it all out... oh well, a little levity to pass the time until JC gets back with the beer, huh? We can't both be right, you're still in there with a chance...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like to play Angry Birds too? Gotten pretty good at it myself. Still a few levels that seem impossible though. Not even birds or the right birds for the level of difficulty.
No, I've never even seen it.(I could make a God joke right here but I'm reining it in for you honey...) It's on your phone, right?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
I just had a thought. A critical thought. So I understand that the crowd followed Jesus along to Calgary and watched, I guess, as the soldiers nailed him to a cross and then stuck the cross in a posthole, leveled it, tamped down the earth, and then stood back to admire their handiwork. And yes I imagine there was an hour or two of fascinated observation as, well, Jesus just sort of hung there (where could he go?)... but... what'd the crowd do then? I mean if you had to pee or attend to the kids or goats or something... I mean to say, how do you get up and leave a crucifiction - THE crucifiction, in fact - without seeming.... rude or insensitive? It would being AT Woodstock, without being IN Woodstock if you know what I mean?
Woodstock... Wood Stock... I like that... imagine if the crowd at THE CRUCIFICTION had i-phones and were texting each other...
They were probably too sad to think those kinds of thoughts. A man of love and peace tortured and crucified.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
JC lookin weary, probly shoulda skipped the town tour. they did a nice job on his hat tho.
"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really
need it."

-- Swedish Proverb

You always least deserve it, debil. Go talk to JC.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God is the creator...
to you.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
They were probably too sad to think those kinds of thoughts. A man of love and peace tortured and crucified.
Yeah, sort of like you guys are trying to do to Obama, huh? Ah well, I appear sloppily sentimental even to me when I play the pedant. Back to the old grindstone... Is this like the German soldiers and the British soldiers getting out of the trenches in the Ardonne and playing football together? Are we bonding?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

This band of sisters?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really
need it."
-- Swedish Proverb
You always least deserve it, debil. Go talk to JC.
How sweet! Nothing I like better than to be condescended to by a cripple. Don't bother bein' sweet to me, honey, I can see into your heart.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

DEATH wrote:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! I just sent a church van full of baptists off a mountain in west virginia. They'd just gotten through eating at a Grand Buffet easter sunday special. Gives new meaning to the term "last supper."
Don't worry, the rednecks at the bottom of the hill will skin and eat 'em.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

QUIT deleting my posts!
WHY are you "censoring" ME?

``````````
I "found" this on another website. It fits in pretty much "perfectly" with what I have been trying to say. Changing the name to protect the poster.

Anon. wrote:

Dear topix.com ,
At times, I totally enjoy your website, there is nothing more enjoyable and relaxing then a good clean, lighthearted, conversation with like minded, mature commenters. Other times, I want to rip out a trolls eyes and spit in Chris Tolleís face, for making my life a living hell.[mine is NOT or I wouldn't be HERE-AL]

Iíll gladly take some of the blame for my times of discontent on topix, after all, no one forces me to visit topix.com . But let me tell you a short, non-fiction story about topix hell in small town U.S.A....

Most people donít have to, and shouldn't post their real names on topix, but that doesn't stop someone else from putting you in the limelight. And once you are there, itís hard to get out of it. In a small town, where ĺ of the population is family and lifelong friends, being in the limelight on topix can be very devastating and damaging.

In my case, my personal troll(s) have taken it to extremes. And I totally agree with Miss Virginia Hoge, NEVER give in to bullies. By giving in, you are empowering them and therefore, IMO, contributing to the bullying.

I wont go into detail about what is being said daily about me on topix, it is the epitome of defamation, and is in no way, protected free speech. Itís bad enough that I have to read this about myself on a public forum, viewable worldwide, but how about the communityís children that reads this overly explicit garbage?

How can it be justified that children are being corrupted and their minds poisoned against their family, friends and neighbors when there are no knowledgeable adults attempting to deter it, or protect them from it?

There aren't that many parents even aware of topix.com . Oft times, they (the children) are introduced to the website by a friend or a classmate, and by the time their parents are aware of their childís topix activity, the damage is already done.

I can go on, and on about this but let me just cut to the chase. I can think of many ways of protecting many, many innocent victims of topix defamation by making minor changes to itís policies and/or TOS, that probably wouldn't effect ďhitsĒ or the popularity of said website. My question is, why isn't topix.com making any effort at all, in cleaning up itís act?

I sure wouldn't want to see this spiral any further out of control and risk losing the privilege of enjoying the enjoyable aspects of topix, when the government has no choice but to shut it down.

Please topix.com save yourself :)
==========
AL adds to IT:
THIS is what WE are subject to DAILY on this AND ALL forums!

WHY?

Because of BLATANT disrespect of some dwIdioTs and their ILK!

MORAL decay of our citizenry!
From homo's ... on!

No respect for the Good LORD up above!
Therefore NO respect for ANYONE on Earth!

It's THAT simple
BUT also
THAT degrading!

The "powers" of good vs evil ...

If the homo's etc... EXPECT us to turn the other cheek ... They BEST think again ...

I WILL when HELL freezes over!
NOT until!

YES! I will DIE trying!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

I would go talk with him, Pops, IF HE WEREN'T DEAD!!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
QUIT deleting my posts!
WHY are you "censoring" ME?
``````````
I "found" this on another website. It fits in pretty much "perfectly" with what I have been trying to say. Changing the name to protect the poster.
Anon. wrote:
Dear topix.com ,n Chris Tolleís face, for making my life a living hell.[mine is NOT or I wouldn't be HERE-AL]
Iíll gladly take some of the blame for my times of discontent on topix, after all, no one forces me to visit topix.com . But let me tell you a short, non-fiction story about topix hell in small town U.S.A....nges to itís policies and/or TOS, that probably wouldn't effect ďhitsĒ or the popularity of said website. My question is, why isn't topix.com making any effort at all, in cleaning up itís act?
I sure wouldn't want to see this spiral any further out of control and risk losing the privilege of enjoying the enjoyable aspects of topix, when the government has no choice but to shut it down.
Please topix.com save yourself :)
==========
AL adds to IT:
THIS is what WE are subject to DAILY on this AND ALL forums!
WHY?
Because of BLATANT disrespect of some dwIdioTs and their ILK!
MORAL decay of our citizenry!
From homo's ... on!
No respect for the Good LORD up above!
Therefore NO respect for ANYONE on Earth!
It's THAT simple
BUT also
THAT degrading!
The "powers" of good vs evil ...
If the homo's etc... EXPECT us to turn the other cheek ... They BEST think again ...
I WILL when HELL freezes over!
NOT until!
YES! I will DIE trying!
Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I just do it because you're a southerner. C'mon, no hard feelings, Bubba, you guys lost the war but act like you won it. You got to learn your place - at the bottom. Also: to the best of my knowledge there are no children on Topix and not a large number of people under 40 so fear not. Kids don't read this crap day in and day out they're out there texting each other pictures of the dog licking their genitals. the problem with southerners is that they think if THEY don't understand then how could anybody else? Same thing with indoor plumbing. Lastly, you make everything into a drama. Swamp People? Really? Gator Wars? you're stoopid folks, no two ways about it. You visit Topix VOLUNTARILY!!!! If you don't like it, LEAVE!!!!! It's like you are serially unable to link the actions of your left hand with that third one protruding out of your back.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

HEY! Exxon just created more jobs than the Keystone fiasco ever could by coming up with the clever ploy of just dumping the oil into the rivers in Arkansas! Brilliant! They said they're sorry though :(
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's this whole christian thing workin' out for you, honey? I guess this is sort of, your day, isn't it? He died for your sins so now... well, you know... what goes around comes around... karma... that's not a christian concept actually, you guys built in the instant escape hatch so you can be a whore takin' a big hot load in the face when suddenly you feel your heart stop and if you can just spit it all out... oh well, a little levity to pass the time until JC gets back with the beer, huh? We can't both be right, you're still in there with a chance...
He died because the leaders of the day felt threatened by him and wanted to silence the opposition.

Seriously though, He became a sacrifice to take our place. We deserved to be on that cross for rebelling against God and turning our backs on Him. I know I did. But God's amazing grace provided a savior so that we can know Him personally.

As the preacher said this morning, you first have to become empty instead of full of yourself.

In other words, we have enough gas to get ourselves only so far, so to speak, until the only way we can keep going is by the hand of God. I added that part.

But I don't think God is too happy with us as a nation right now.

Think that's what's making you so angry. My pointing it out.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sort of like you guys are trying to do to Obama, huh? Ah well, I appear sloppily sentimental even to me when I play the pedant. Back to the old grindstone... Is this like the German soldiers and the British soldiers getting out of the trenches in the Ardonne and playing football together? Are we bonding?
No torturing and crucifying. Just don't want a president who represents only half the country that doesn't include the other half and taking us further down a dark and omenous path.

He could have played golf and taken all the vacations he wanted otherwise.

He's simply not good for this country. Much too radical and controlling.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> to you.
Well, to all of us human beings and the universe itself.

Too much logic behind life on this earth to have happened by chance.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He died because the leaders of the day felt threatened by him and wanted to silence the opposition.
Seriously though, He became a sacrifice to take our place. We deserved to be on that cross for rebelling against God and turning our backs on Him. I know I did. But God's amazing grace provided a savior so that we can know Him personally.
As the preacher said this morning, you first have to become empty instead of full of yourself.
In other words, we have enough gas to get ourselves only so far, so to speak, until the only way we can keep going is by the hand of God. I added that part.
But I don't think God is too happy with us as a nation right now.
Think that's what's making you so angry. My pointing it out.
Carol, carol, carol, you and your anger issues. I'm the sweetest guy in the world. Women and small children follow me out of stores smiling laughing and not just cause I buy them beer and cigarettes. You just ASSUME I'm angry. Sometimes I am, actually, a mean drunk, but, for the most part all I do is laugh.

I know the JC story backwards and forwards, honey. From what little I can glean he was a stand-up Joe and I have no doubt he would've liked me and me him. We we're both good with our hands and incredibly casual dressers. But he's dead, so I guess I'll just have to make do with the friends I have. I find the notion of another man allowing himself to be physically dismembered for my sake to be offensive, odious. If I did it, then I'll deal with the consequences I need no savior, no one to take my whuppin'. The fact that you do means you're weak. I'm not judging you, carol. I'm not saying it's wrong to be weak, I'm saying I choose not to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min EXECUTE KID KILLERS 484,319
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min litesong 45,864
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 54
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 3 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 164
Low pay drives Florida Highway Patrol troopers ... (Aug '07) 4 hr not so 231
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 5 hr Mary NY 17,569
WWE News: David Otunga To Appear On General Hos... 6 hr dmw 1
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••