Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#870037 Mar 7, 2013
Rand Paul's Filibuster Belittled By John McCain As 'Simply False'

""WASHINGTON -- One of the Senate's leading hawks, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), took to the Senate floor Thursday to fire back at Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), saying the Kentuckian's rant against extrajudicial drone killings was "simply false."

Quoting extensively from a Wall Street Journal editorial that mocked Paul, McCain also argued that Paul had belittled the growing use of drones to kill terrorism suspects by invoking the name of Jane Fonda and suggesting a drone could have killed her when she was a Vietnam War protester.

Paul took to the floor Wednesday for nearly 13 hours, hoping to pressure the White House to declare whether or not it might use a drone to strike an American citizen in the United States.

McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, was not impressed.

"I watched some of that, quote, debate, unquote, yesterday," McCain said. "I saw colleagues who know better come to the floor and voice some of this same concern, which is totally unfounded.

"I must say that the use of Jane Fonda's name does evoke certain memories with me, and I must say that she is not my favorite American. But I also believe that, as odious as it was, Ms. Fonda acted within her constitutional rights, and to somehow say that someone who disagrees with American policy -- and even may demonstrate against it -- is somehow a member of an organization which makes that individual an enemy combatant is simply false," McCain said, hitting his lectern for emphasis. "It is simply false."

McCain said it was "ridiculous" and "a stretch of the imagination" to "allege or infer that the President of the United States is going to kill somebody like Jane Fonda, or somebody who disagrees with the policies."

The Wall Street Journal editorial he quoted was even more scathing, declaring, "Give Rand Paul credit for theatrical timing, as a snow storm descended on Washington. The filibuster filled the attention void on Twitter and cable TV. If only his reasoning matched the showmanship."

The editorial also complained that Paul should not be shocked that the United States might kill a citizen by drone strike within its own borders, arguing that the Obama administration is well within its rights to kill enemies of the country, wherever they may be.

Paul has vigorously opposed the growing use of drones by the administration, saying the strikes violate due process guaranteed under the Constitution and permit the president to act as judge, jury and executioner.""
----------

I really enjoy the Civil War raging within the Republiclown Party!!

Obama doesn't need to try to destroy the Republiclowns, they're doing the job all by themselves!!

I'm lovin' it!!
Freedom

Beckley, WV

#870038 Mar 7, 2013

Location hidden

#870039 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain and Graham have become stereotypes for Republican Quislings.
Both are serving their last terms in the Senate.
Spoken like the true idiot you are.

McCain will serve as long as he chooses.

Graham will also.

It's Rand Paul and Ted Cruz who're on their first and last terms as Senators.

Why?? Because they're as stupid as folks like you and Carol!!

Level 1

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#870040 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's use some logic.
If the drone program existed and the president told Gibbs to deny it existed, what would that be called based on your understanding of a lie?
OK lets use the truth.

Gibbs was told not to acknowledge the existence of the drone program, that is not the same as denying it existed.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#870041 Mar 7, 2013
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
God is your writing hideous! F for you.
You don't have to call me God, and really should stick to trying to insult someone you'd know...keep your grades to yourself?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#870042 Mar 7, 2013
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot... kettle... black...
800 innocent civilians... dead... Obama drones...
hypocrite...
F.
Leosanna has had probably had 801 abortions. the other six live births by different men are being slowly killed by lead paint chips, a diet of excessive fast food and a mother who neglects them while posting on topix all day.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870043 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that's this week. next week one of them might take a shot at Obama and then he'll once again be a FOXbot hero.
you guys are really going to hate Christie in the WH.
Perhaps Christie is just a stealth candidate who kissed Obama to suck you guys in, but remains a fiscal conservative.
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#870044 Mar 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to call me God, and really should stick to trying to insult someone you'd know...keep your grades to yourself?
This is another example of poor writing skill. Grade = F.

Did you graduate high school or do you have a GED?

Level 1

Loysville, PA

#870045 Mar 7, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
So Dave by your Logic every father that Calls his son a ‘Boy ‘regardless of Race is a Racist….Right?
You are just plain dumber than sh*t.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#870047 Mar 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like the true idiot you are.
McCain will serve as long as he chooses.
Graham will also.
It's Rand Paul and Ted Cruz who're on their first and last terms as Senators.
Why?? Because they're as stupid as folks like you and Carol!!
Nuculur just wrong! Paul/Cruz is going to be around for a Very Long Time!!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#870048 Mar 7, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Leosanna has had probably had 801 abortions. the other six live births by different men are being slowly killed by lead paint chips, a diet of excessive fast food and a mother who neglects them while posting on topix all day.
And if any of that were true, which would be better off - the 6, or the 801?

Pick a lane.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#870049 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
no worries mate. i've been trying for years to explain to the Topix racists that the KKK Dems were conservatives.
thank you.
Lies are hard to prove.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870050 Mar 7, 2013
What ever happened to the urgent need for an assault weapons ban?

Homosexual agenda now more important to Obama?
Lincoln

United States

#870051 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain and Graham have become stereotypes for Republican Quislings.
Both are serving their last terms in the Senate.
In your opinion
or
are you now the Republican Pope.

Are you on Medicare as was Ayn Rand?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#870052 Mar 7, 2013
Maybe Republicans Should Try Being Popular

Republicans don’t control the U.S. Senate and they don’t have the presidency. Instead of wasting time and energy in doomed efforts to defeat President Obama’s Cabinet nominees or sucking up to illegal aliens, why not focus on issues where Republicans can be off-the-charts popular while forcing Democrats into taking stupid positions?

After the slaughters at Virginia Tech, Aurora, Colo., Tucson, Ariz., and Newtown, Conn., every sentient person knows we need to do something about institutionalizing the mentally ill and — at the very least — keeping guns out of their hands.
That happens to be impossible right now.

Involuntary commitments even for the severely psychotic went the way of vagrancy laws. Although federal law technically requires background checks to include records of mental illness, the states and mental health industry refuse to provide that information.
Of course, the vast majority of mentally disturbed individuals are not dangerous. But looking at it from the other end, more than half of all mass murder is committed by the mentally ill. Gun ownership doesn’t lead to random murder rampages; mental illness does.

And the good news for Republicans is: Democrats will only PRETEND to support keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous psychotics, while working frantically to gut and undermine such measures.
Liberals fear “stigmatizing” the mentally ill more than they fear another mass murder.

Instead of proposing serious reforms, the Democrats play politics by demonizing responsible gun owners and the Republicans who defend them.

The Democrats’ gun proposals are like the joke about the drunk looking for his keys under the lamplight:
“Is that where you dropped them?”
“No, but the light’s better here.”

Preventing crazy people from buying guns is hard.

The ACLU will sue and we’ll be tied up in lawsuits for a decade, at which point a Democrat-appointed judge will rule that including records of paranoid delusions in FBI background checks is unconstitutional.

As former federal judge H. Lee Sarokin (a Clinton appointee) might say,“We should revoke their condition, not their gun permits.”

The light’s better over by the sane, responsible gun owners, who wouldn’t hurt a fly — unless it’s a schizophrenic shooting up a shopping mall.

Since the deinstitutionalization movement got under way in the 1970s, the mentally ill remain mentally ill, but now instead of living in warm, safe institutions, they live out on the streets, in homeless shelters and in soup kitchens, or drift back to their helpless families, occasionally showing up in POLITICALLY CORRECT “gun-free zones” to commit mass murder.

After the Virginia Tech shooting, an ABC poll showed that while Americans remained dubious about the effect of more gun control laws, 83 percent supported requiring states to provide information on the mentally ill for gun background checks.

Since then, the mentally deranged have continued committing mass shootings. There is still no way to prevent them from buying guns.

Ann Coulter
Lincoln

United States

#870053 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please post this government website?
Thanks.
Because all I heard in the President's State of the Union Address was "we need to invest", new term for "spend", over and over and over again.
Spending one day may be for your Medicare or Social Security.
As one the the 47% you may post for the rich but are you?

Location hidden

#870054 Mar 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Christie is just a stealth candidate who kissed Obama to suck you guys in, but remains a fiscal conservative.
It doesn't matter.

Christie has made his belief that the Teabaggers are a bunch of unAmerican idiots more than once.

Whatever type of conservative he may be, it sure isn't a brain dead zombie Teabagger like you, sponging off the Government' Social Security and Medicare while you condemn it!!

Location hidden

#870055 Mar 7, 2013
And the DOW hits yet another high today!!

While little Flake prays for a correction!!

BWAHAHAHAHA
flack wrote:
Technology: 1929
Germany: The German airship Graf Zeppelin completes a round the world flight
US: The first car radio is invented by Motorola
UK: The first public telephone booths appear in London
World: The growth of airplane travel continues with flights to destinations further and further apart including India, Australia, Europe, North and South America and Asia
US: Edwin Hubble continued to publish much of the foundations for understanding our galaxies and much of the theory that modern astronomy is based on (probably why the Hubble Space Telescope was named after him)
Switzerland: First chain saw Andreas Stihl a Swiss engineer begins manufacturing the first gasoline powered chain saw, which he soon begins to export around the world
US: Sunglasses Sam Foster begins selling sunglasses from his counter in Woolworths on the boardwalk in Atlanta which are a hit with the sunbathing public

Level 1

Loysville, PA

#870056 Mar 7, 2013
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Bin Laden son in custody........in...NYC!!!!

OMG OMG OMG Omg we can't have a terrorist held in NYC!!!!!!

My God, Republicans will run & hide in fright. They are crawling under their beds as we speak.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#870057 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You are just plain dumber than sh*t.
Boy… when you become an Adult get back to Me!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 min Murphey_Law 487,712
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 14 min Marty has a bro 2,512
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 44 min Mary NY 25,872
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr factcheck 46,831
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 5 hr marce-encore 300
What life is like for Casey Anthony 6 hr Thou shall not kill 245
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 7 hr noshellswill 2,977
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••