Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
800,681 - 800,700 of 1,101,990 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#869925 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not burn fossil fuels to heat & cool my home. I buy a significant prortion of my electric from green sources.
The goal is to reduce the emissions by reducing the use of fossil fuels.
Over the past 10 years, I have cut my use of oil by half & drastically reduced my greenhouse gas emissions.
What have you done?
How do you heat your house? Did you go 100% solar so you walk the talk, or are you just all talk?

Here info on one power plant in your state.

Emissions Data
2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,433,214 tons
2006 SO2 Emissions:
2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
2006 NOx Emissions:
2005 Mercury Emissions:

Death and disease attributable to fine particle pollution from Beaver Valley Generation Plant

In 2010, Abt Associates issued a study commissioned by the Clean Air Task Force, a nonprofit research and advocacy organization, quantifying the deaths and other health effects attributable to fine particle pollution from coal-fired power plants.[1] Fine particle pollution consists of a complex mixture of soot, heavy metals, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxides. Among these particles, the most dangerous are those less than 2.5 microns in diameter, which are so tiny that they can evade the lung's natural defenses, enter the bloodstream, and be transported to vital organs. Impacts are especially severe among the elderly, children, and those with respiratory disease. The study found that over 13,000 deaths and tens of thousands of cases of chronic bronchitis, acute bronchitis, asthma, congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, dysrhythmia, ischemic heart disease, chronic lung disease, and pneumonia each year are attributable to fine particle pollution from U.S. coal plant emissions. These deaths and illnesses are major examples of coal's external costs, i.e. uncompensated harms inflicted upon the public at large. Low-income and minority populations are disproportionately impacted as well, due to the tendency of companies to avoid locating power plants upwind of affluent communities. To monetize the health impact of fine particle pollution from each coal plant, Abt assigned a value of $7,300,000 to each 2010 mortality, based on a range of government and private studies. Valuations of illnesses ranged from $52 for an asthma episode to $440,000 for a case of chronic bronchitis.[2]

Table 1: Death and disease attributable to fine particle pollution from Beaver Valley Generation Plant

Type of Impact

Annual Incidence

Valuation

Deaths 6 $44,000,000
Heart attacks 10 $1,100,000
Asthma attacks 83 $4,000
Hospital admissions 4 $100,000
Chronic bronchitis 3 $1,500,000
Asthma ER visits 4 $1,000

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#869926 Mar 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
so you have a fungus? I thought it was Tourrettes?
Isn't that a fungus on your tongue? You mean the vodka doesn't kill it?
professor dem

Seymour, CT

#869927 Mar 7, 2013
I hear Obama is inviting Republicans to lunch. It only has been three years since he has met with them. Wow - what a Uniter!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#869928 Mar 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read about Obama's former press secretary, Robert Gibbs, speaking out and saying he "was told by the White House not to acknowledge the drone program and DENY it even existed"? He said it was one of the first things he was told.
Why would a president tell his press secretary to lie to the press and to the American public about something like that?
This is what Gibbs said, "When I went through the process of becoming press secretary," Gibbs said, "one of the things, one of the first things they told me was,‘You’re not even to acknowledge the drone program. You’re not even to discuss that it exists.'”

Notice the term THEY (not Obama) and the fact that "not discuss" "not even to acknowledge" does not mean LIE. Dumb carol just loves to bear false witness--guess we all know where she's goin'.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#869929 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah right; you are so incensed about this because you think killing black kids is justifiable; you said the same thing about that man killing that kid because his music was loud at a convenience store parking lot. According to you, it's white males rules and anyone who doesn't do as he he is told gets blown away.
You and Carol have a seething white racism that has boiled to the surface with the election and re election of President Obama.
Therefore, every black person should be fried. You're a sick man and Carol is a sick woman. Thankfully, your type of sick in the head racism will die off soon, the young people are done with that crap, I only hope your daughters are not as ignorant as you.
you're the one sick in the head. You are the one who continuously brings up race! I discuss the facts of each case without interjecting race into it. You are the one who thinks everything is about race. If you knew who my friends are you would be ashamed of yourself!!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869930 Mar 7, 2013
Put simply, Paul is opposing the government's policy on the use of unmanned drones to kill citizens who have joined the enemies of the United States, even when those citizens are on U.S. soil.

Both the Bush and Obama administrations have used drones to kill foreign enemies; the Obama administration has used drones to target U.S. citizens who joined terrorist organizations overseas; but that weapon has yet to be deployed against a U.S. citizen who is still within the country.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869931 Mar 7, 2013
this is unreal.

As for Obama’s dinner last night, it went very well, according to various NBC conversations with the GOP participants. It was serious. It was respectful. And it was informative.(In fact, one senator told us that he learned, for the first time, the actual cuts that the president has put on the table. Leadership hadn’t shared that list with them before)....

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/07...

'actual cuts'

sorry BillO. but now we understand your confusion.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#869932 Mar 7, 2013
hugo chavez is saving a seat for bo in hell! maybe eric holder and louis farrakhan can join them for a circle jerk!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869933 Mar 7, 2013
more from the gun nut PR campaign.

The National Rifle Association's field representative for New York was barred from having guns after an altercation with his wife in 2010, the New York Daily News reported Wednesday.

Richard D’Alauro was charged with assault, endangering the welfare of a child and a noncriminal harassment charge, the report said. He pleaded guilty to the harassment charge. Police at the time confiscated dozens of guns from D’Alauro's home on Long Island, according to the report.

More from the Daily News:

The judge continued an order of protection against D’Alauro for one year, banning him from owning or purchasing firearms until Oct. 3, 2013. At that time, D’Alauro, who is 62, will be allowed to rearm, and the police will be required to return his guns — a prospect his former wife says she finds terrifying.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/n...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fight-wif...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#869934 Mar 7, 2013
palsiwalsi wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the fact Martin illegally assaulted Zimmerman and was pounding his head on the ground? Isn't that attempted murder?
Why couldn't Zimmerman defend himself?
"illegally assaulted"??? What constitutes a legal assault, pray tell. Oh, Harmy/Discordia/Snow of a thousand two-faces, why do you change your name so often when you're totally incapable of changing your stupid? It won't do any good.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#869935 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Put simply, Paul is opposing the government's policy on the use of unmanned drones to kill citizens who have joined the enemies of the United States, even when those citizens are on U.S. soil.
Both the Bush and Obama administrations have used drones to kill foreign enemies; the Obama administration has used drones to target U.S. citizens who joined terrorist organizations overseas; but that weapon has yet to be deployed against a U.S. citizen who is still within the country.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Son…Can you tell me when Bush suggested using Drones to Kill Americans on US Soil?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869936 Mar 7, 2013
the important questions....

Asked by Glenn Beck Thursday whether he considered using a catheter during his long filibuster of CIA director nominee John Brennan, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who is a doctor, said he decided against it.

"I did think about it," Paul said in an interview. "I've put them in before, but I really decided against it."

Paul ended his filibuster at 12:39 a.m. Thursday, saying, "I've discovered there are some limits to filibustering, and I'm going to have to take care of one of those in a few minutes."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869937 Mar 7, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Son…Can you tell me when Bush suggested using Drones to Kill Americans on US Soil?
no i can't you terrorist loving commie.

damn progressives.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#869938 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah right; you are so incensed about this because you think killing black kids is justifiable; you said the same thing about that man killing that kid because his music was loud at a convenience store parking lot. According to you, it's white males rules and anyone who doesn't do as he he is told gets blown away.
You and Carol have a seething white racism that has boiled to the surface with the election and re election of President Obama.
Therefore, every black person should be fried. You're a sick man and Carol is a sick woman. Thankfully, your type of sick in the head racism will die off soon, the young people are done with that crap, I only hope your daughters are not as ignorant as you.
lily lives for the race card ... and you know what else
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#869939 Mar 7, 2013
OMG!!!

Left-wing Code Pink group to visit Rand Paul’s office to thank him

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/left-wing-c...

ROTF!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869940 Mar 7, 2013
Cway wrote:
I wonder why George Zimmerman is so popular with Republicans?
:)
Zimmerman is a victim of racist lynch mob "justice" and others can see the handwriting on the wall under a Fascist Obama dictatorship.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#869941 Mar 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
OMG!!!
Left-wing Code Pink group to visit Rand Paul’s office to thank him
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/left-wing-c...
ROTF!!
This ought to make you pee your pants

"@SenRandPaul is the MAN right now" - Van Jones
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869942 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Killing known terrorist who plotted against the US, recruited suicide bombers to attack the US certainly is a military operation.
Here is what I love about you dumbass right whiners.
I know this is a shock to you people but the government had the means to kill any US citizen on US soil before armed drones were invented.
I guess the ever moronic dumbass Rand Paul should filibuster the Senate until Obama says he will never use a rifle to kill a US citizen, then he can filibuster again & ask about a helicopter, scud missile, tank, steamroller, screw driver, baseball bat, etc etc etc
You right whiners re just dumber than sh*t.
Who made Obama God?????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869943 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Most business are waiting for he demand to improve.
The Demand that the Bush recession killed.
Pretty hard to increase consumer demand when many are jobless and the rest are getting taxed to death by Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#869944 Mar 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism is so inbred into you that you just can't stop with the racial slurs.
What the f*ck is wrong with you right whiners.
Your warped mind think "boy" is racist, while others think it an apt comment on his lack of maturity and unwillingness to admit failure of his policies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attention drivers: Waldo's 'speed trap' police ... (Jun '07) 16 min riceski 64
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,577
Pre-teen modeling site is raising an uproar (Aug '07) 1 hr Joe 243
Executed Journalist Steven Sotloff Noted for Hi... 1 hr bottlecap 1
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 1 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,791
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr truth-facts 46,388
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 6 hr Children should b... 4,169
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••