Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#862721 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's only "accomplishment" is Obamacare, which will become a disaster.
That it will. How anyone can not see the upcoming results is beyond me. It's a failure waiting to happen.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#862722 Feb 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't say "peach keen" (as in, even though the term is peachy keen, I would just never say that), but it's always better when I don't have to listen to your Whites of West Virginia doom and gloom.(Whose favorability rating is in the crapper already? Won't that be even worse when the old folks don't see any increase on their savings while the interest rates are going up.)
Some day soon, the same realization you feel every morning will epiphanize in you politically, you're going to wake up and discover you've been fcuked.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#862723 Feb 22, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Some day soon, the same realization you feel every morning will epiphanize in you politically, you're going to wake up and discover you've been fcuked.
Someday in the winds of change leosnana may find her direction.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#862724 Feb 22, 2013
I'm sending Cheney instead.

Ice-Man is a Dead Shot Shooting ...

And "The Rush" is in Florida ... Boca Raton, I think. ;)

Something to do with Oyster Fishing ??

< ALL THE OYSTERS will be Donated to those left-nutz in need of Mercury Poisoning > ! EAT THEM !! RAW ! WITH LEMON !!
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, first off how are you going to prove it? Are you going to come over and shoot my washing machine?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#862725 Feb 22, 2013
Ted Cruz: I’m being silenced!

The Tea Party bully plays the victim after critics compare his unsourced attacks on Chuck Hagel to McCarthyism

Cruz’s grandstanding may be hurting him even with conservative GOP colleagues. Sen. John McCain famously upbraided him for impugning Hagel’s character and patriotism last week. An anonymous Republican called him “Jim DeMint without the charm” in a conversation with columnist Ruth Marcus. He may also be Joe McCarthy without the charm. McCarthy won a national following because he seemed to speak for regular working-class Joes in his campaign against the State Department, which was also, to an extent, a campaign against the Ivy League elites Cruz himself represents.

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/20/ted_cruz_i%E2...
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#862726 Feb 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Jane, "you ignorant slut", don't you know that seeing Orally's smirking pasty canned ham face this early in the morning produces projectile vomiting in intelligent women of "faloofa" age?(Who else you going to pretend to be today? I really like all the stupid mistakes you make when trying to to Yawkie best.)
What a low class, lowlife. I don't think you come close to the category of intelligent or woman. Hateful lazy slob comes to mind for you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#862727 Feb 22, 2013
Tamiqua Says wrote:
<quoted text>How to Change America into A Third World Country in 2 Easy Steps:
1) Re-elect Obama
2) Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
'It's not clear that amnesty wins any Hispanics, apart from the ones who can't vote (because they're illegal) and their ethnic "spokesmen," whose power increases as the Hispanic population grows.
So why do Hispanics vote Democratic? Like most legal immigrants since Teddy Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act, Hispanic immigrants are poor. The poverty rate of second-generation Hispanics is lower than the first -- but the third generation's poverty rate is HIGHER than the second.
Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that Hispanics have the highest illegitimate birthrate in the country. According to the Centers for Disease Control, in 2010, for every 1,000 unmarried Hispanic women, 80.6 had children out of wedlock, compared to 65.3 for unmarried black women and 29 for unmarried white women.
If Republicans think we can have mass amnesty for millions of government-dependent immigrants and become a more libertarian country, they're crazy.
This isn't because of a failure to "reach out." Republicans can't beat Democrats at the government assistance game. From single mothers to corporate subsidy-takers, they want your money and the Democrats promise to give it to them.
Instead of trying to compete with the ethnic lobbies, welfare schemes and racialized politics of the Democrats, perhaps Republicans should allow our immigration system to admit more immigrants who won't IMMEDIATELY go on government assistance, as 60 percent of new immigrants do now.
Putting 12 million to 20 million of them on a "path to citizenship" won't make them like Republicans; it will make Republicans lose.'
World Nut Daily.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/hispanicked-gop-el...

Ann Coulter.

so every stat is suspect; i see no links anywhere? why not?

WND never links to a 'source'. bad for business.

try again. real source.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#862728 Feb 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ted Cruz: I’m being silenced!
The Tea Party bully plays the victim after critics compare his unsourced attacks on Chuck Hagel to McCarthyism
Cruz’s grandstanding may be hurting him even with conservative GOP colleagues. Sen. John McCain famously upbraided him for impugning Hagel’s character and patriotism last week. An anonymous Republican called him “Jim DeMint without the charm” in a conversation with columnist Ruth Marcus. He may also be Joe McCarthy without the charm. McCarthy won a national following because he seemed to speak for regular working-class Joes in his campaign against the State Department, which was also, to an extent, a campaign against the Ivy League elites Cruz himself represents.
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/20/ted_cruz_i%E2...
What's up with you & Obama's Occupy Wall Street scum, Democreep?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#862729 Feb 22, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Look you stupid son on a bitch ,I just went out side and shot a 55 ballon baeeel with #6 shot at 15 feet and now I have a vented fire barrel jack ass .
Classic post of the day.
THE CHILD OF SATAN

Richmond, VA

#862730 Feb 22, 2013
Biden advocated a series of proposals, including universal background checks for gun owners, a ban on many military-style weapons and a limit on the size of magazines. He said the measures would save lives even though there was no guarantee they would prevent all mass shootings.

THE CHILD OF SATAN WANTS TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM WE THE
PEOPLE THAT OBEY THE LAW SO WE CANNOT PROTECT US FROM PEOPLE LIKE JOE,JOE IS USES THESE KIDS TO DO HIS EVIL WORKS!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#862731 Feb 22, 2013
HyperSensitivity is MarxistControl tool, leave me alone and let me enjoy my CHICKEN.
THE CHILD OF SATAN

Richmond, VA

#862732 Feb 22, 2013
WERE IS THE VOTER IDS?????
THE CHILD OF SATAN

Richmond, VA

#862733 Feb 22, 2013
THE CHILDREN OF SATAN ARE MOSTY DEMS!!!!!!!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862734 Feb 22, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> you're even dumber than you sound. Thats the reason there's 3 legislative bodies asshole! So no 1 body could have that much power. The presidents position is to dictate his ideology & plan for america not tell congress what to do. If it were then he would've passed the budget he presented all 4yrs he was in office. You think taking sophisticated makes you smart but usually ens up farting from talking out your ass!
"3 legislative bodies"?????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862735 Feb 22, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler would be the fire and Lenin, FDR & Obama would be the Gas they wouldnt mix.
FDR not quite as much of a radical left totalitarian as Obama.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#862736 Feb 22, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with you & Obama's Occupy Wall Street scum, Democreep?
right wing stereotype-insults.

now why does that seem familiar?

are you a Dick Morris fan-boy? or maybe i should ask: were you a Dick Morris fan-boy?

don't be ashamed, Mitt never had a chance of winning. we can forgive your very minor transgression. or maybe: transgressions. either way, we luv ya man. not as much as you love Dick Morris, but who wants to be a creepy fan-boy?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862737 Feb 22, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The majority of Republicans voted for the sequestration. The right wing mantra has always been; "Cut, Cut, Cut !" So what's your problem nitwit? Those cuts are coming! Enjoy!
Bring it on!

These trivial cuts are the only way to get anything in the way of spending control out of Obama.

If only they were really "cuts", and not just a reduction in the rate of spending increase.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862738 Feb 22, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
As for vacationing shinning electron, this country is coming off the most vacationing absence of a president ever, but it's only a problem when the blackman does it right? Thats the perks of being commander & chief along with living in the white house & traveling the world & meeting important people. 1 thing you can't do is hide racism. It shows it's head in your every thought!
Merely being black like Obama is no excuse for incompetence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862739 Feb 22, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then once more, you've just admitted what idiots the GOP are, as they work tirelessly in so many states to ban abortions.
After you mated/bred your fifth graders, did you arrange an abortion for the female?

Get lost, you child molester pervert!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#862740 Feb 22, 2013
Obama Meets With African American Leaders At The White House (PHOTO)

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...

Limbaugh will go crazy. right after he complains about Obama ignoring black folks.

oh i know....it's photoshopped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Patriot AKA Bozo 53,016
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 11 min Wiley_Kyote 71,747
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 min marce-encore 496,727
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,727
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 12,475
News Discount-grocer Aldi to set up shop in Florida ... (Feb '08) 9 hr kathymydw 260
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 13 hr LizW 18,119
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]