Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lol

Winter Park, FL

#837280 Jan 11, 2013
'Over the period of time, 31 people were murdered with a baseball bat in Chicago, which is almost comparable to the rate at which “rifles” were used as a murder weapon over the same period of time'.

Less than 1 percent of the murders in Chicago between 2003-2011 were with what the Chicago Police Department classifies as a “rifle,” which is what an AR-15 would be classified.

In a city with some of the toughest gun control laws in America, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy “acknowledged aiming at assault weapons misses the mark when dealing with Chicago’s gang violence. The weapon used is generally a handgun and rarely is it purchased through legal channels.”'
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/see-what-gun-laws-...
Good article, READ THE COMMENTS!

So, just WHO is it that they want to disarm? The law abiding. Stictest gun control in Chicago; yeah, THAT works.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man".
– Thomas Jefferson, 1764

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#837281 Jan 11, 2013
Newtown Parents Want Police To Stay At Schools

by The Associated Press
January 10, 2013 3:43 PM

NEWTOWN, Conn.(AP)— Since the elementary school massacre in her hometown, Sarah Findley has found herself driving by her children's schools in Newtown, checking to make sure police are still stationed outside.

The mother of three is among many people calling on school officials to keep up the police presence at schools in Newtown, which has had two officers at each of its schools since a gunman killed 20 children and six women inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14.

"I think we're all just shaken to the core," said Findley, whose children all attend schools other than Sandy Hook. "I think it made it possible for the people who were maybe wavering about sending their kids to school to actually be able to do it."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
RUSH10ME

Emporia, VA

#837282 Jan 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only right whiners would be so f*cking stupid to think that if a drug gang member did not obtain his gun through Fast & Furious that he would be unarmed.
100K guns smuggled into Mexico the past 5 years & it is all the fault of the 2k that made it through Fast & Furious.
It is a viable method of stopping smuggling operations by allowing some to pass & try to track where they go.
It was a risk.
Too bad we just couldn't stop the practice of individuals buying 40 AK47s at a clip. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo.
Same thing aplies to obama using a tragedy to disarm legal firearm owners and attack the 2nd amendment , only democrats are dumb enough to think taking guns away from lawful owners will keep outlaws and crazies from commiting crime .Only wanna be dictaters fear an armed population .
carol

Orlando, FL

#837283 Jan 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the incursion into iraq was bushies. Keep in mind the funding doesn't make you cic.
The housing market problem was caused by corporations (ie... capitalism). They ignored their own standards and got greedy. What you called "warned" should have been more of new regs against the banks and loan makers.
The deficit is a large part a result of bushie's administration. And as far as I'm concerned, a way for Obama to counter flood a sinking ship he inherited. Even McCain thought the economy was fine the same day the stock market tanked another 500+ points.
The tarp mess wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm not much of a supporter, but I think it was necessary. My biggest problem is they didn't put stronger provisos on those companies that took money.
I agree that the housing market collapse was underpinned by greed. For years before the collapse, I had said greed would be our undoing. But I had also hoped the silver lining would be a wake-up call and the nation rethinking its priorities. It would seem the pendulum swung too far the other way.

But you must ask yourself again and again and again who most rejected any attempt to prevent the housing market crisis in Congress for years.

Greed played a part in politicians refusing to do anything to prevent it as well. An unpleasant but crucial fact is that 7 out of the top 10 politicians were democrats and, then, Senator Obama was #3 on Fannie and Freddie's payroll.

Unless and until you can acknowledge this as a crucial factor, you will always be in denial.

Both Republicans and Democrats share part of the blame, but it is Democrats who are most in denial.

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#837284 Jan 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! No son. I don't think so.
That's a conservative nightmare.
No it isn't, Yeahoo, It's the Second Amendment to 'your'... U.S. Constitution. Again the Second Amendment wasn't written in the place it was, to protect the Giverment. It was to protect the people from the government.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#837285 Jan 11, 2013
On October, 15, 2002, Bush announced a new national goal: "We have a problem here in America because fewer than half of the Hispanics and half the African Americans own their own home. That's a home ownership gap we've got to work together to close for the good of our country, for the sake of a more hopeful future. We've got to work to knock down the barriers that have created a home ownership gap. I set an ambitious goal: that by the end of this decade we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families. And it's going to require a strong commitment from those of you involved in the housing industry."

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/George_W__Bu...

now i wonder why anyone would think Dems are in denial about what caused the housing bust?

(just wait a minute and my point will be demonstrated....Bush who?)

Level 1

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#837286 Jan 11, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Same thing aplies to obama using a tragedy to disarm legal firearm owners and attack the 2nd amendment , only democrats are dumb enough to think taking guns away from lawful owners will keep outlaws and crazies from commiting crime .Only wanna be dictaters fear an armed population .
The idea of the assault like rifle ban & the ban on high capacity magazines is not to stop all crime. The idea is to make these attacks far less lethal.

It is the idea of mass killing that drives some of these wackos.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#837287 Jan 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"In January, President Obama rejected the company’s previous application to build the full pipeline, saying a Congressional mandate that he decide on the project by mid-February did not allow adequate time to complete environmental reviews."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/28/science/ear...
The original was changed. This new route needed environmental studies & they had not been completed.
So, why are you so uninformed?
Stupid fckn sheep

" The subsequent study, released at the end of August, found that the massive pipeline would have “limited adverse environmental impacts” if operated according to regulations. That positive assessment removed one of the last hurdles for approval of the proposed pipeline."

Like i said, the reviews were complete, you loony left wingers just didn't like them.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#837290 Jan 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
WASR-10 produced by Century International Arms found repeatedly at crime scenes south of the border
Camron Scott Galloway, 21, walked into X Caliber Guns in Phoenix, Ariz., on Jan. 30, 2008, and filled out forms for the purchase of six AK-47 rifles.
Reliable and powerful, and a bargain at about $500 each, the Romanian-made gun, a semiautomatic version of the iconic Kalashnikov assault weapon, had become popular with the drug cartels in Mexico.
Galloway, who eventually pleaded guilty to a forgery charge and became a cooperating prosecution witness in a broader case, testified that he agreed to act as the purchaser of the Romanian AKs on behalf of a co-worker’s brother, who was trafficking weapons south of the border. Just for doing the paperwork, he earned $100 per rifle.
Four months later, one of the same guns that Galloway signed for surfaced in a safe house used by the Beltrán Leyva drug cartel in northwest Mexico. The discovery followed a deadly shootout between federal agents and drug dealers in Culiacán, the capital of the Pacific state of Sinaloa. Eight police officers were killed.
http://www.publicintegrity.org/2011/02/03/215...
so how many guns have gone to Mexico that had nothing to do with Fast and Furious?
many more than some would like us to know.
Tens of thousands of weapons have made their way out of the US to Mexico and other Latin nations.

Project Gunrunner (2006) spawned Operation Wide Receiver, Fast and Furious and other gunwalking adventures including the Tampa ATF's Operation Castaway featuring Hugh Crumpler III.

It's beyond unreasonable to single out Fast and Furious for discussion as each of the harebrained BATF schemes created mayhem, carnage etc. But then I suspect you too took note of the FOX links.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#837291 Jan 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying the Sec of State is not a cabinet member?
Come on dumbfck, you think one black woman would make up for all the white guys he's appointing? Stupid fckn sheep.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#837292 Jan 11, 2013
Ayman Mohammed Rabie Al-Zawahiri current leader of the militant Islamist organization AlQaeda. 25 million dollar reward for information leading to his apprehension . Born June 19, 1951 an Egyptian physician theologian orchestrated and carried out multiple attacks on the continents of North America , Asia Africa and the Middle East. On your trail doing it for free. GF008 Safer World 2013

Level 1

Loysville, PA

#837293 Jan 11, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the housing market collapse was underpinned by greed. For years before the collapse, I had said greed would be our undoing. But I had also hoped the silver lining would be a wake-up call and the nation rethinking its priorities. It would seem the pendulum swung too far the other way.
But you must ask yourself again and again and again who most rejected any attempt to prevent the housing market crisis in Congress for years.
Greed played a part in politicians refusing to do anything to prevent it as well. An unpleasant but crucial fact is that 7 out of the top 10 politicians were democrats and, then, Senator Obama was #3 on Fannie and Freddie's payroll.
Unless and until you can acknowledge this as a crucial factor, you will always be in denial.
Both Republicans and Democrats share part of the blame, but it is Democrats who are most in denial.
You act as though it was Fannie & Freddie that were to blame. The truth is they were only participants along with the other financial institutions.

The Banking industry was heavily funding Republicans especially George W Bush.

This happened 6 years into the Bush Administration. It started in 2006. Every department of the federal government had been run by Republicans for those 6 years.

You really need to quit trying to blame others when it was primarily Republicans driving this bus when the sh*t hit the fan.

If you go back & look at the changes to the banking industry the past 20 years that had a part, they were Republican driven. Talk to Graham Bailey & Leach.

Deregulation Deregulation Deregulation. Thank you Republicans.

You would think you fricken idiots would learn that no, you can't trust businesses to do what is right.

Dodd Frank addressed this with new regulations to help prevent another government bailout. Who set out to repeal it when they took the House? Republicans./

Level 1

Loysville, PA

#837294 Jan 11, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on dumbfck, you think one black woman would make up for all the white guys he's appointing? Stupid fckn sheep.
See, you didn't know that the Sec of State was a cabinet position.

Why do you even try posting here when you are that GD uninformed?

So far there have been what 4 nominations. Rice would have been 25%.

How many women are stepping down??? Well, dumbf*ck. If Obama was against women, how the Hell did these women gwt these jobs.

Level 1

Loysville, PA

#837295 Jan 11, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid fckn sheep
" The subsequent study, released at the end of August, found that the massive pipeline would have “limited adverse environmental impacts” if operated according to regulations. That positive assessment removed one of the last hurdles for approval of the proposed pipeline."
Like i said, the reviews were complete, you loony left wingers just didn't like them.
I ove ot whenyou right whoners have a fot & call others stupid.

Your article was written before the route of the pipeline was changed.

CHANGED idiot.

It meant the new aspects had to have studies done.

Try to keep up.

My God you right whiners are uninformed.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120928/NEWS/70...
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#837296 Jan 11, 2013
Deputy Dog is no pup AlQaeda ask Pakistan. GF008 Safer World 2013
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#837297 Jan 11, 2013
carol wrote:
Speaking of the flu shot, Boston declared a public health emergency with the flu season striking Massachusetts very hard. So far, 18 flu-related deaths. All children.
Even though there's significant activity reported in over 41 states, the 18 deaths were isolated to Massachusetts. Wonder why. Just seems a little unusual.
Give us your sick theory, this ought to be good. Let me guess;
God is punishing them because theres no prayer in school, and they're teaching evolution and teaching kids on "how to be a homo",
and gay marriage and abortion. How am I doing so far?
Or perhaps it's just President Obamas fault..
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#837298 Jan 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many women are stepping down??? Well, dumbf*ck. If Obama was against women, how the Hell did these women gwt these jobs.
Oh the irony! The racist white supremacists lament the amount of white men in the black presidents cabinet!! What if they were all black men? or women? or black men, women, white women, hispanic women? The whining never ends.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#837299 Jan 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...you get owned so you make sht up about me. Quit being a stupid fckn sheep already.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#837300 Jan 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I ove ot whenyou right whoners have a fot & call others stupid.
Wtf!?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#837301 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>yes, that's it. i'm jealous of a woman who has no life and i'll bet is even on topix ALL weekend ready to defend enablers, cheats, low-lifes and illegal aliens that wouldn't be allowed within her sheltered compound except to weedwhack or clean the pool.
LOL!

She's come undone
She didn't know
what she was headed for
And when I found
what she was headed for
Mama, it was too late

It's too late
She's gone too far
She's lost the sun
She's come undone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 31 min zazz 96,702
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 49,321
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Riverside 490,364
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 15 hr NorCal Native 21
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) 17 hr US Citizen 1,303
Christmas lights? 21 hr Jaimee 1
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Thu Murph 70,621
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance