#837270 Jan 11, 2013
Numerous kids are casualities of the Juarez drug cartel wars; Univision says Fast and Furious may have contributed
Update: A spokesperson for the Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C., said the embassy maintains its position that it had no knowledge of Fast and Furious until the U.S. operation was made public. It also abides by previous statements of the Mexican Federal Attorney General's Office that it was investigating the allegations. According to U.S. lawmakers who investigated Fast and Furious, 150 people in Mexico were victims of weapons tied to the ATF's operation; however, details for most of those 150 people were not provided. Hundreds of F&F weapons are still out there.
Univision TV aired an investigative special last night on Operation Fast and Furious. Citing a Mexican army document, the special presented by Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, alleged that weapons linked to the failed operation of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, were used in the 2010 Salvarcar neighborhood massacre in Juarez. Teenagers were celebrating a birthday party when a group of armed men showed up and began firing at them without warning. More than a dozen kids were killed and about as many others wounded.
#837271 Jan 11, 2013
NYC has set a new record in a low rate of homicide. but a limousine liberal enabler judge just put a stop to the NYPD's successful stop and frisk program. i'm wondering if she is also against "random searchs of large pocketbooks and other large containers" that are a normal part of everyday life in NYC. and will she suspend the use of metal detectors outside her courtroom? how about screening and patting down old people at the airports?
of course where she lives, she and her neighbors don't worry about drive-by shootings or mothers shot in hallways while trying to protect their kids from gang shootouts EVERY SINGLE DAY.
BUT THAT'S HOW LIMOUSINE LIBS LIVE! they know what's best for others, but nothing personally affects them.
#837272 Jan 11, 2013
Texas Bill Would Assign Certain Teachers as Armed Marshals in Schools
#837273 Jan 11, 2013
Fining physicians who do not do the bidding of the government isn't the kind of health care reform most of us had in mind.
It does conjure up an image of servitude.
#837274 Jan 11, 2013
Cuddling with Chicago's 1 percenter bike crowd...
$90 million for bike paths...
#837275 Jan 11, 2013
WASR-10 produced by Century International Arms found repeatedly at crime scenes south of the border
Camron Scott Galloway, 21, walked into X Caliber Guns in Phoenix, Ariz., on Jan. 30, 2008, and filled out forms for the purchase of six AK-47 rifles.
Reliable and powerful, and a bargain at about $500 each, the Romanian-made gun, a semiautomatic version of the iconic Kalashnikov assault weapon, had become popular with the drug cartels in Mexico.
Galloway, who eventually pleaded guilty to a forgery charge and became a cooperating prosecution witness in a broader case, testified that he agreed to act as the purchaser of the Romanian AKs on behalf of a co-worker’s brother, who was trafficking weapons south of the border. Just for doing the paperwork, he earned $100 per rifle.
Four months later, one of the same guns that Galloway signed for surfaced in a safe house used by the Beltrán Leyva drug cartel in northwest Mexico. The discovery followed a deadly shootout between federal agents and drug dealers in Culiacán, the capital of the Pacific state of Sinaloa. Eight police officers were killed.
so how many guns have gone to Mexico that had nothing to do with Fast and Furious?
many more than some would like us to know.
#837277 Jan 11, 2013
25 Examples Of What America Would Be Like If Everyone Was A Liberal
1) America's credit rating would get so low that it would force President Dennis Kucinich to petition the UN for donations to pay for Social Security, Medicare & his 350 wks of unemployment plan.
2) There wouldn't be a Pledge of Allegiance said in schools, no one would sing the Star Spangled Banner before any sporting event & no one would celebrate July 4th.
3) Gas would cost $9 a gallon. Libs would consider this a plus because it would cause more people to get tax credits to buy government subsidized $40K electric cars.
4) 7 year olds would be able to vote and more than once, with promises of Free candy.
5) The corporate tax rate would be 15% higher, most American workers would be unionized & tax rates would soar. As a result, our economy would be stagnant & our unemployment rate would permanently be in the 20% range.
6) Prison sentences would be short, crime would be rampant, & the police would be so undermanned & tied down with regulations that they wouldn't even bother to lock people up for committing crimes like burglary.
7) There would be price controls on electricity, gasoline & most household goods. Of course, there would also be regular shortages of electricity, gasoline, & most household goods.
8) Children would be taught to be androgynized rather than risk exposing them to "gender stereotypes."
9) Conservatism would be considered hate speech that could draw a massive fine or jail.
10) The good news is that housing would be free. The bad news is that it would mostly be in ugly cement buildings with drug addicts, former homeless people, the severely mentally ill & career criminals peppered all through the complex for the sake of "diversity."
11) Wearing a cross, mentioning the Bible, or advocating Christian beliefs anywhere outside of a church would be illegal because it might "offend people."
12) Meat, 32 ounce sodas, & trans fats would be illegal. Crack, meth, & heroin would be legal.
13) America's military would be so weak we'd have to rely on Mexico & Canada to defend us from potential threats.
14) The Israelis would be driven into the sea, Taiwan would be swallowed by China, & Russia would begin to gobble up the countries that broke free after the Soviet Union fell.
15) Not only would partial birth abortions be legal, but a mother would be allowed to kill her child for 3 MONTHS AFTER HE’S BORN WITHOUT PENALTY (for CONVENIENCE).
16) Stopping sex offenders from teaching school or adopting children would be considered discriminatory.
17) Activists would be able to SUE ON BEHALF OF INDIVIDUAL PLANTS & ANIMALS IN COURT.
18) The government would control health care top-to-bottom. It would take six months to get an operation, which would be considered a feature, not a bug BECAUSE A LOT OF OLD PEOPLE WOULD DIE IN THE INTERIM & SAVE THE GOVERNMENT MONEY.
19) Only government employees would be able to legally own guns.
20) Income inequality would be nearly eradicated after all the rich Americans & big corporations fled the country rather than pay confiscatory tax rates.
21) Wal-Mart would only be allowed to hire union employees & completely coincidentally, their prices would double.
22) We'd have open borders & so many illegal aliens in the southern United States that California, Arizona, New Mexico, & Texas would end up being CEDED BACK TO MEXICO.
23) There would be a Free, in-house abortion clinic in every junior high in America.
24) President Kucinich's new idea to help deal with the soaring jobless rate? Paying workers the new minimum wage,$80k a year, TO DIG HOLES & FILL THEM BACK UP.
25) The federal government would spend 134 billion dollars replacing the current Presidents on Mount Rushmore with Gloria Steinem, Harvey Milk, Cesar Chavez, & Margaret Sanger.
Since: May 11
#837279 Jan 11, 2013
Only right whiners would be so f*cking stupid to think that if a drug gang member did not obtain his gun through Fast & Furious that he would be unarmed.
100K guns smuggled into Mexico the past 5 years & it is all the fault of the 2k that made it through Fast & Furious.
It is a viable method of stopping smuggling operations by allowing some to pass & try to track where they go.
It was a risk.
Too bad we just couldn't stop the practice of individuals buying 40 AK47s at a clip. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo.
#837280 Jan 11, 2013
'Over the period of time, 31 people were murdered with a baseball bat in Chicago, which is almost comparable to the rate at which “rifles” were used as a murder weapon over the same period of time'.
Less than 1 percent of the murders in Chicago between 2003-2011 were with what the Chicago Police Department classifies as a “rifle,” which is what an AR-15 would be classified.
In a city with some of the toughest gun control laws in America, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy “acknowledged aiming at assault weapons misses the mark when dealing with Chicago’s gang violence. The weapon used is generally a handgun and rarely is it purchased through legal channels.”'
Good article, READ THE COMMENTS!
So, just WHO is it that they want to disarm? The law abiding. Stictest gun control in Chicago; yeah, THAT works.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man".
– Thomas Jefferson, 1764
Since: Nov 12
#837281 Jan 11, 2013
Newtown Parents Want Police To Stay At Schools
by The Associated Press
January 10, 2013 3:43 PM
NEWTOWN, Conn.(AP)— Since the elementary school massacre in her hometown, Sarah Findley has found herself driving by her children's schools in Newtown, checking to make sure police are still stationed outside.
The mother of three is among many people calling on school officials to keep up the police presence at schools in Newtown, which has had two officers at each of its schools since a gunman killed 20 children and six women inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14.
"I think we're all just shaken to the core," said Findley, whose children all attend schools other than Sandy Hook. "I think it made it possible for the people who were maybe wavering about sending their kids to school to actually be able to do it."
#837282 Jan 11, 2013
Same thing aplies to obama using a tragedy to disarm legal firearm owners and attack the 2nd amendment , only democrats are dumb enough to think taking guns away from lawful owners will keep outlaws and crazies from commiting crime .Only wanna be dictaters fear an armed population .
#837283 Jan 11, 2013
I agree that the housing market collapse was underpinned by greed. For years before the collapse, I had said greed would be our undoing. But I had also hoped the silver lining would be a wake-up call and the nation rethinking its priorities. It would seem the pendulum swung too far the other way.
But you must ask yourself again and again and again who most rejected any attempt to prevent the housing market crisis in Congress for years.
Greed played a part in politicians refusing to do anything to prevent it as well. An unpleasant but crucial fact is that 7 out of the top 10 politicians were democrats and, then, Senator Obama was #3 on Fannie and Freddie's payroll.
Unless and until you can acknowledge this as a crucial factor, you will always be in denial.
Both Republicans and Democrats share part of the blame, but it is Democrats who are most in denial.
Since: Oct 08
#837284 Jan 11, 2013
No it isn't, Yeahoo, It's the Second Amendment to 'your'... U.S. Constitution. Again the Second Amendment wasn't written in the place it was, to protect the Giverment. It was to protect the people from the government.
#837285 Jan 11, 2013
On October, 15, 2002, Bush announced a new national goal: "We have a problem here in America because fewer than half of the Hispanics and half the African Americans own their own home. That's a home ownership gap we've got to work together to close for the good of our country, for the sake of a more hopeful future. We've got to work to knock down the barriers that have created a home ownership gap. I set an ambitious goal: that by the end of this decade we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families. And it's going to require a strong commitment from those of you involved in the housing industry."
now i wonder why anyone would think Dems are in denial about what caused the housing bust?
(just wait a minute and my point will be demonstrated....Bush who?)
Since: May 11
#837286 Jan 11, 2013
The idea of the assault like rifle ban & the ban on high capacity magazines is not to stop all crime. The idea is to make these attacks far less lethal.
It is the idea of mass killing that drives some of these wackos.
Since: Jul 07
#837287 Jan 11, 2013
Stupid fckn sheep
" The subsequent study, released at the end of August, found that the massive pipeline would have “limited adverse environmental impacts” if operated according to regulations. That positive assessment removed one of the last hurdles for approval of the proposed pipeline."
Like i said, the reviews were complete, you loony left wingers just didn't like them.
#837290 Jan 11, 2013
Tens of thousands of weapons have made their way out of the US to Mexico and other Latin nations.
Project Gunrunner (2006) spawned Operation Wide Receiver, Fast and Furious and other gunwalking adventures including the Tampa ATF's Operation Castaway featuring Hugh Crumpler III.
It's beyond unreasonable to single out Fast and Furious for discussion as each of the harebrained BATF schemes created mayhem, carnage etc. But then I suspect you too took note of the FOX links.
Since: Jul 07
#837291 Jan 11, 2013
Come on dumbfck, you think one black woman would make up for all the white guys he's appointing? Stupid fckn sheep.
#837292 Jan 11, 2013
Ayman Mohammed Rabie Al-Zawahiri current leader of the militant Islamist organization AlQaeda. 25 million dollar reward for information leading to his apprehension . Born June 19, 1951 an Egyptian physician theologian orchestrated and carried out multiple attacks on the continents of North America , Asia Africa and the Middle East. On your trail doing it for free. GF008 Safer World 2013
Since: May 11
#837293 Jan 11, 2013
You act as though it was Fannie & Freddie that were to blame. The truth is they were only participants along with the other financial institutions.
The Banking industry was heavily funding Republicans especially George W Bush.
This happened 6 years into the Bush Administration. It started in 2006. Every department of the federal government had been run by Republicans for those 6 years.
You really need to quit trying to blame others when it was primarily Republicans driving this bus when the sh*t hit the fan.
If you go back & look at the changes to the banking industry the past 20 years that had a part, they were Republican driven. Talk to Graham Bailey & Leach.
Deregulation Deregulation Deregulation. Thank you Republicans.
You would think you fricken idiots would learn that no, you can't trust businesses to do what is right.
Dodd Frank addressed this with new regulations to help prevent another government bailout. Who set out to repeal it when they took the House? Republicans./
Add your comments below
|Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09)||5 min||Miles||71,198|
|Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08)||23 min||IBdaMann||51,402|
|CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10)||51 min||T-REX||491,994|
|Let's Chat (Jan '12)||1 hr||A duck||17,842|
|Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08)||2 hr||sara||71|
|Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? (Aug '14)||3 hr||Lon Spector||120|
|What life is like for Casey Anthony (Jul '14)||3 hr||Lon Spector||263|
|Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09)||3 hr||King George||96,887|
Find what you want!
Search Orlando Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC