Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,941)

Showing posts 758,801 - 758,820 of1,072,298
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Religion is seldom rational - Homer
Hey did I coin this phrase? If so I want credit for it.
Which religion? The one that advocates love, forgiveness and mercy? Or the one that kills infidels and oppresses women?

The latter doesn't seem rational to me either.

But I kinda like the other one...the teachings I mean, not the institutionalzed version.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Hey, when are we going to exchange gifts?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't take into account any spousal income.
Ok ok, we all know you just got married. Sheesh, how long you going to keep bringing that up?

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can still choose to pay union dues how is it wrong?
Right, there is nothing wrong with the individual worker to have the choice and that is what unions dont like individual workers having the right to pay or not to pay dues and this is where the unions become hypocrites when they say they advocate for workers rights and dont feel individual workers should have that right to pay or not to pay dues which gives workers a voice economically against the unions for dissatisfaction.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Auto workers typically pay the equivalent of two hours pay monthly.$130 per month seems a little stiff but it's possible__I'm not calling you a liar, just a fkface. Oh, and a troll too!
...you hurt my feelings. Stupid fck.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

December 26th can't get here fast enough.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Religion is seldom rational - Homer
Hey did I coin this phrase? If so I want credit for it.
Darn! Those pesky irrational things like thou shall not steal and thou shall no kill. Gee, thanks for clearing things up for us, Boris.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Apparently, the French actor isn't the only one getting the heck out of dodge.
Laetitia Casta, a wealthy French model (and a Victoria's Secret Angel) moved to London.
Alain Ducasse, a French chef, moved to Monaco to take advantage of their very low tax rates.
French singer and actor Johnny Hallyday moved to Gstaad, Switzerland, to escape the high taxes of France.
Wonder if enough of the wealthy leave France if the ordinary taxpayer can take up the slack?
If not, then what?
Wow 4 people out of over 65 million, oh no the gov't might collapse.

I know some Americans that have moved there to take advantage of their fantastic healthcare system, I guess they'll pick up the slack.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Hey, when are we going to exchange gifts?
Bend over Boris, dem is right behind you. Be sure the return the gift to him.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Let's take a little stroll down memory lane.

September 5, 2011 - "Despite President Obama’s repeated claims to change the tone in Washington, the White House had no comment this afternoon after Teamsters Union leader James Hoffa, speaking at an event before President Obama, said of Tea Party activists that, come November, Democrats should 'take these sons of bitches out.'”

That didn't sound very nice to me. Obama must have been in his car smoking or something because he came on stage right after Hoffa said that and didn't say anything about changing the tone.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Michigan gets it Right!! Right On!!! Choice!!!!!
Perhaps to a some yet to be established degree Michigan gets it right. I have no problem with the concept of right to work laws but I'm also a dedicated fan of the real world.

Here's a for instance__the guys that work on the oil rigs in the gulf.

Here's anther one__airline pilots

And my favorite__the on premises workers at the Kennedy Space Center.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>we have been under Leninsim since 1935 after FDR sent advisors over to Russia to meet with Stalin & Trotsky which set the path & direction of the New Deal.
obviously anybody that marked that Clueless about FDR & the New Deal is clueless themselves.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Which religion? The one that advocates love, forgiveness and mercy? Or the one that kills infidels and oppresses women?
The latter doesn't seem rational to me either.
But I kinda like the other one...the teachings I mean, not the institutionalzed version.
All religions, especially institutionalized ones.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>...dont feel individual workers should have that right to pay or not to pay dues which gives workers a voice economically against the unions for dissatisfaction.
If the cable company asked people if they would prefer to have the benefits of their products with or without paying for it, some people without ethics would choose NOT TO PAY.

The same is true of union dues. If ALL workers get the benefits that unions bargain for, there will be some people without ethics who will not pay.

In both cases, the unethical people are behaving in a manner that is unfair, as well as dishonest

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Right to work states have lower unemployment and higher pay PeeDee. Get a clue!
Anyone with half a brain knows that the only ones to benefit from right to work laws are Republicans and their wealthy donors. Unions are the major source of funds for the Democratic party, the voice of middle class America. People in Michigan were given a wake up call with this stab in the back from Snyder. Not only will this law be repealed but it will ensure a Democratic governor in 2014. Just another example of Republicans not knowing which fights to pick.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" The following is an example, of how easy it is to qualify. Depression is one of the mental illnesses accepted as a disability under Social Security Disability. If Social Security agrees that a person can’t perform unskilled work, the person will get disability benefits.
Depressive Syndrome including at least four of the following conditions:
Anhedonia or continuous loss of interest in daily activities
Substantial change in weight and appetiteSleep disturbance
Retardation or psychomotor agitation
Loss of energy
Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
Suicidal thoughts
Paranoia, delusions or hallucination
Social Security must consider how your depression symptoms affect your ability to do unskilled work, which requires you to:
understand, remember, and carry out simple instructions make simple work-related decisions respond appropriately to supervision and co workers, and handle changes in routine.
Under this guideline, most unemployed workers would qualify."
You can see why so many liberals are on di
I sometimes get depressed going to my work computer every day and having to listen to all those annoying physicians.

Does that count? I could be real convincing if I had to if the liberals on here wouldn't mind contributing to my "disability" check.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>All religions, especially institutionalized ones.
I love you and forgive you anyway, Homer.

God would too.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ok ok, we all know you just got married. Sheesh, how long you going to keep bringing that up?
I'm sure your wedding day seems like just yesterday.

Hey homer, can we start calling Michigan "pro choice"?

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
NEW YORK (MarketWatch)— U.S. stocks fell Thursday after House Speaker John Boehner declared spending to be the issue preventing a deal to avert spending cuts and tax hikes from starting in the new year.
Dear Boehner, STFU
First Bush almost destroys my 401K, Obama brings it back and now Boehner wants to polish it off.
Dear Republicans,
Quit playing politics with my life.
Love,
Homer
No worries, obama will just print more money and it'll be back up.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
If the cable company asked people if they would prefer to have the benefits of their products with or without paying for it, some people without ethics would choose NOT TO PAY.
The same is true of union dues. If ALL workers get the benefits that unions bargain for, there will be some people without ethics who will not pay.
In both cases, the unethical people are behaving in a manner that is unfair, as well as dishonest
What would be unethical is being forced to buy cable just because you moved into a certain neighborhood

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 758,801 - 758,820 of1,072,298
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min RetiredProfessional 483,004
The alphabet (Jun '06) 23 min Princess Hey 1,012
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 28 min Princess Hey 22,118
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 30 min Princess Hey 4,084
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min No Warming 45,492
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 33 min Princess Hey 17,034
last post wins! (Jul '11) 36 min Princess Hey 5,271
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search