Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
758,741 - 758,760 of 1,100,164 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#821264 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gunnet"? Hahaha. Stupid skank.
Btw, you've promised many times not to respond to me and here you are responding to me. Lmao@u
leosnana is nothing more than a bonehead with a spell checker on her PC.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#821265 Dec 13, 2012
bureau_hq wrote:
Lenin here,
Komrad Belafonte is spot on....
"Belafonte’s Advice to Obama: Imprison Opposition “Like a Third World Dictator”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12/belaf...
Kommie Sense
By
Komrad Lenin
we have been under Leninsim since 1935 after FDR sent advisors over to Russia to meet with Stalin & Trotsky which set the path & direction of the New Deal.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#821266 Dec 13, 2012
BLACKS have been conditioned now to defend the government no matter what so the voice that once supported no justice no peace has been ssssshhhhhhd look at sharpton sellout JACKSON his son shows what it was all about
TSM

El Paso, TX

#821267 Dec 13, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a real fkn dunce aren't you pal? Detroit didn't get anything right. The State of Michigan does it's business in Lansing goofball and the entire state is now a right to work state. Well, except for the police, fire, emergency responders and a few other "divisions" of public servants.
If you think that a bunch of Michigan's United Auto Workers are going to stop paying their dues, you're even dumber than I thought.
Michigan gets it Right!! Right On!!! Choice!!!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821268 Dec 13, 2012
Religion is seldom rational - Homer

Hey did I coin this phrase? If so I want credit for it.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#821269 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can still choose to pay union dues how is it wrong?
If the cable company asked people if they would prefer to have the benefits of their products with or without paying for it, some people without ethics would choose NOT TO PAY.

The same is true of union dues. If ALL workers get the benefits that unions bargain for, there will be some people without ethics who will not pay.

In both cases, the unethical people are behaving in a manner that is unfair, as well as dishonest.
carol

Orlando, FL

#821270 Dec 13, 2012
Apparently, the French actor isn't the only one getting the heck out of dodge.

Laetitia Casta, a wealthy French model (and a Victoria's Secret Angel) moved to London.
Alain Ducasse, a French chef, moved to Monaco to take advantage of their very low tax rates.
French singer and actor Johnny Hallyday moved to Gstaad, Switzerland, to escape the high taxes of France.

Wonder if enough of the wealthy leave France if the ordinary taxpayer can take up the slack?

If not, then what?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821271 Dec 13, 2012
NEW YORK (MarketWatch)— U.S. stocks fell Thursday after House Speaker John Boehner declared spending to be the issue preventing a deal to avert spending cuts and tax hikes from starting in the new year.

Dear Boehner, STFU

First Bush almost destroys my 401K, Obama brings it back and now Boehner wants to polish it off.

Dear Republicans,

Quit playing politics with my life.

Love,

Homer

“wake up”

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#821272 Dec 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>NO one is 'forced' to work in a union shop. One's chosen field of employment is just that: CHOSEN. Be grateful the government doesn't assign you a trade at age eighteen, like China does. No one in America is FORCED to work anywhere. Ever. Where we apply for work is entirely up to us.
It's that whole 'personal responsibility' thing you're uncomfortable with, innit...?
just in case you don't understand , people work for company's not unions. If a conpany offers a job what right does any union have to make you pay to work their? It's just a form of extortion.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#821273 Dec 13, 2012
CLOWNS WHO talk about tax the rich ARE stupid THE RICH CAN GO ANYWHERE THEY WANT cLOONEY has HIS chalet IN italy POOR PEOPLE CAN'T GO ANYWHERE SO cLOONEY CAN BE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLICAN COURT JESTER IT DOESN'T MATTER TO wealthy PEOPLE THESE PEOPLE SPEND MORE TIME OUTSIDE OF america THAN INSIDE IF america falls AND blacks suffer and die IT DOESN'T MATTER TO jz,ruSSELL simmons THESE PEOPLE GIVE LIP SERVICE POOR PEOPLE ARE NOT A PART OF THE PLAN black OR white KILL EACH OTHER FOOLS you are poor if you are not in the 150 million dollar club take a seat you are not WEALTHY so it doesn't MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATS THEY HAVE NO USE FOR YOU

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#821274 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why Social Security disability claims have gone through the roof the past four years?
Because OSHA has been enforcing safer work places?
Help me out here.
" The following is an example, of how easy it is to qualify. Depression is one of the mental illnesses accepted as a disability under Social Security Disability. If Social Security agrees that a person can’t perform unskilled work, the person will get disability benefits.

Depressive Syndrome including at least four of the following conditions:

Anhedonia or continuous loss of interest in daily activities
Substantial change in weight and appetiteSleep disturbance
Retardation or psychomotor agitation
Loss of energy
Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
Suicidal thoughts
Paranoia, delusions or hallucination

Social Security must consider how your depression symptoms affect your ability to do unskilled work, which requires you to:

understand, remember, and carry out simple instructions make simple work-related decisions respond appropriately to supervision and co workers, and handle changes in routine.

Under this guideline, most unemployed workers would qualify."

You can see why so many liberals are on di

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#821275 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a Who's Who in the 1% crowd.
That doesn't take into account any spousal income.
carol

Orlando, FL

#821276 Dec 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
Which religion? The one that advocates love, forgiveness and mercy? Or the one that kills infidels and oppresses women?

The latter doesn't seem rational to me either.

But I kinda like the other one...the teachings I mean, not the institutionalzed version.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821277 Dec 13, 2012
Hey, when are we going to exchange gifts?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821278 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't take into account any spousal income.
Ok ok, we all know you just got married. Sheesh, how long you going to keep bringing that up?

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#821279 Dec 13, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can still choose to pay union dues how is it wrong?
Right, there is nothing wrong with the individual worker to have the choice and that is what unions dont like individual workers having the right to pay or not to pay dues and this is where the unions become hypocrites when they say they advocate for workers rights and dont feel individual workers should have that right to pay or not to pay dues which gives workers a voice economically against the unions for dissatisfaction.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#821280 Dec 13, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Auto workers typically pay the equivalent of two hours pay monthly.$130 per month seems a little stiff but it's possible__I'm not calling you a liar, just a fkface. Oh, and a troll too!
...you hurt my feelings. Stupid fck.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#821282 Dec 13, 2012
December 26th can't get here fast enough.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#821283 Dec 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
Darn! Those pesky irrational things like thou shall not steal and thou shall no kill. Gee, thanks for clearing things up for us, Boris.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821284 Dec 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Apparently, the French actor isn't the only one getting the heck out of dodge.
Laetitia Casta, a wealthy French model (and a Victoria's Secret Angel) moved to London.
Alain Ducasse, a French chef, moved to Monaco to take advantage of their very low tax rates.
French singer and actor Johnny Hallyday moved to Gstaad, Switzerland, to escape the high taxes of France.
Wonder if enough of the wealthy leave France if the ordinary taxpayer can take up the slack?
If not, then what?
Wow 4 people out of over 65 million, oh no the gov't might collapse.

I know some Americans that have moved there to take advantage of their fantastic healthcare system, I guess they'll pick up the slack.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min SpaceBlues 46,313
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 23 min Sick Brend 486,572
China Sees Growth in a Web of Fast Trains (Feb '10) 1 hr RayH 3
The alphabet (Jun '06) 5 hr Doug77 1,047
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 8 hr The Real Missy 17,627
What life is like for Casey Anthony 9 hr Rambler 192
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 14 hr Lon Spector 29
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••