Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,907)

Showing posts 758,121 - 758,140 of1,034,735
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

stock investors ARE not all rich fat-cat types..

from 1999

-Median equity OWNER is 47 years old
-Had a HOUSEHOLD income of $60K ($30/hour).
-Were married and college graduates

Individual vs Mutual Fund owner
-Individual stock owners median assets-$125K
-Mutual fund owners-$87.5K

http://www.ici.org/pdf/rpt_equity_owners.pdf
nwax

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. The purpose is to weaken the union.
No union - no collective bargaining.
The Republican dream.
Workers forced to work for little so CEOs & Stock holders can make millions more.
Redistribution of wealth at its worst.
You are the misinformed. As usual.
Wrong, as usual, df

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

1999 equities participation...

"Less than $10,000 15%
$10,000 to $24,999 15%
$25,000 to $49,999 20%
$50,000 to $74,999 12%
$75,000 to $99,999 7%
$100,000 to $249,999 16%
$250,000 to $499,999 8%
$500,000 to $999,999 4%
$1 million or more 3%
Mean $167,100
Median $50,000"

http://www.ici.org/pdf/rpt_equity_owners.pdf

$167K mean...very reachable if you start early...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>1.)Christianity, then as now, was promulgated by the Emperor Constantine as a means to keeping the pagans and the Jews in line by co-mingling their beliefs into one belief-set. Now it's promulgated by Politicians of every stripe and character, as a means to getting elected, and as a means of encouraging the populace to place their aspirations for a relationship to the Divine in the 'hereafter', rather than in the here and now.
2.)I was not 'venting', I was answering your question. I'm not invested in whether you like my answer or not.
Stop right there, Bag Lady. I made a comment about the wheelchair racist who shot a 65 year old woman dead at a gas station. I said that he should consider committing suicide because God helps those who help themselves. It was a cynical and jocular play on words. Nothing religious. Nothing Christian. You then came back with something about Christianity and some other related anti-religious fluff. I asked you why you were laying into Christianity and how in the hell that related to a racist murderer.

Now, you're back here giving me a lesson in Christian history and how Christianity is promoted by American politicians.

Do you always get lost on the way back home from the Germane Supermarket?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>1.)Christianity, then as now, was promulgated by the Emperor Constantine as a means to keeping the pagans and the Jews in line by co-mingling their beliefs into one belief-set. Now it's promulgated by Politicians of every stripe and character, as a means to getting elected, and as a means of encouraging the populace to place their aspirations for a relationship to the Divine in the 'hereafter', rather than in the here and now.
2.)I was not 'venting', I was answering your question. I'm not invested in whether you like my answer or not.
How did Lenin and Co deal with their God/Jesus problem?

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they suggest using Retraining Camps?

They didn't like drug users, either, and, if they couldn't wean some people off from the "Opiate of the people", they simply killed 'em, right?

That's why the Boy Messiah has so much trouble with the US Constitution. Murder is illegal and Retraining Camps could be seen as Government Religion. Thank God for the Bill of Rights. Yes. God.

In lieu of all the Constitutional issues clouding up the Jerk-In-Chief's wet dreams of power, the Liberal Mainstream Media is stepping in to fulfill the duties you would find performed in those Retraining Camps. Indoctrination.

But the Boy Messiah still wants to shove abortion down the throats of religiously owned hospitals. Let's wait and see if our illustrious and godless SCOTUS is up to the task of helping the Jerk-In-Chief or hindering him.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Boy Messiah plans to dress up as Elmo at his inaugural party and have Kevin Clash entertain.

You know....the guy who always had his arm up Elmo's butt on PBS?

Accuser No. 4 Emerges in 'Elmo' Sex Scandal: http://tinyurl.com/bjq9qyy
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You Repubs want Reagan on Mount Rushmore, but there is NO WAY he could be elected by the rightwingnuts. Not the man that raised the nations debt by 186% and gave amnesty to millions of illegals. How would that play to the Tea Party?Only way Reagan could be elected today would be running as a Democrat. But then again that's the only way any President from now on will be elected.
He wasn't perfect. No one ever said he was. Certainly, not me.

But he was a leader.

That's what we need now. Not perfection.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Brother Obama is pushing an effort to fund the Muslim Brotherhood's efforts to make Egypt, and hopefully, the entire Middle East run by theocracies. The Jerk-In-Chief is loaded with Allah...and BS.

I don't want my tax money being used to promote Islam and the deaths of infidels, dammit. The Boy Messiah's legacy will be the downfall of the West and all of its best qualities. We are entering a Dark Age, folks.

But...what the hey...weez gots free cellphones!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
nuculur is a runaway train with a raw red caboose.
Writes senseless trash, copy-n-paste galor and each time he talks into his own ear, he reaches climax.
Talk down to him. It is the most natural position he understands.
Don't forget, I'm a former elementary teacher. Patience with nonsense and putting it in its place is just part of my makeup.

Dealing with nucular is like being back in a fifth grade classroom.
gene the dancing machine

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

here comes santa clause,here comes santa clause,
right down unwmployment lane,
free reign ,in the next four years ,to destroy
America .
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
"silly" says you are sounding more and more like Sarah Palin. I would guess you take that as a compliment.
Peace
Palin isn't as dumb as liberals want to believe she is.

But I have to say I was glad that she faded out of the limelight a bit before the election as she is such a polarizing figure.

When she makes a television appearance now, I find she's much more engaging.
gene the dancing machine

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

extending unemployment benifits would create 5 times the jobs as the republicans corp tax -cuts
letting people sit on the hoocies,will create jobs.

if you get dog turds and sprinkle powdered sugar on them ,you can sell them as eclares.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot box, you honestly believe that in the South there weren't precincts with 100% of votes for Romney?
Romney lost.
No cheating. Your candidate sucked.
YourParty is full of wierdos that think God intends for rape to happen, and that a woman's body rejects rape sperm.
Your Party in PA was clearly trying to suppress the AA vote, and it backfired.
Guess there's some things we'll both never know.

But if you think it's weird to believe so strongly in the sanctity and miracle of life even in the case of rape - no matter how horrible that scenario - and don't think creating a life irresponsibly and then killing it isn't - you win the prize for the biggest weirdo.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
What are you doing on this thread? "nutsucker" just said he ran you off, again. Please quit proving that "nutsucker" lies with every post he offers.
Peace
Santa came early to my house today - we finally bought our first flatscreen TV for a family Christmas present and it arrived this morning. I've been a little excited and distracted this evening. It's pretty awesome.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

RNC Review Effort Seeks To Learn From Successful Democratic Tactics

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

sure they do.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop right there, Bag Lady. I made a comment about the wheelchair racist who shot a 65 year old woman dead at a gas station. I said that he should consider committing suicide because God helps those who help themselves. It was a cynical and jocular play on words.[QUOTE who="shinningelectr0n "]<quoted text> Nothing religious. Nothing Christian. You then came back with something about Christianity and some other related anti-religious fluff. I asked you why you were laying into Christianity and how in the hell that related to a racist murderer.
[QUOTE who="shinningelectr0n "]<quoted text>Now, you're back here giving me a lesson in Christian history and how Christianity is promoted by American politicians.
Do you always get lost on the way back home from the Germane Supermarket?
Frustrated much?

If one is reduced to grasping at the sort of straws you've relied on for rescue here, perhaps one should retire gracefully from the debate.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Two questions.
1.) politically motivated version of the creator is ...what?
2.) Why are you venting about Christianity at this moment? Point?
Enjoy your politically motivated bliss from ignorance:}
If you don't like the answers, Vincent, perhaps you should stop asking the questions. As I said previously,'venting' doesn't describe my answer to you at all accurately.

Try again, or are you ready to concede that my answers to your questions drove you to fits of unintelligibility?
gene the dancing machine

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
White House: No ‘Deal’ Will Take Shape Until GOP Agrees To Higher Tax Rates
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
OMG, more liberal talk!
(some of you folks should spend some time on another and/or any other site on the 'internet'.)
And you think,that going to lower the National Debt !!
Thats like draining lake Michigan with a bucket line !!!
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave,
what's wrong with letting AMERICANS keep more of what they earn...
that way they don't need the kind, compassionate, and HIGHLY ETHICAL government to take it from someone...
what on earth is wrong with you...
You do know about the US tax rate being the lowest it has ever been for the past 10 plus years? You do know that most of the super rich pay a rate of only 15% just like Mitt? You do know that of the 400 richest in America according to Forbes 6 of them paid NO taxes. You do know without taxes we would not have 70% of the electric service or highways or airports in America? You do know that all the military is paid by tax money?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Imprisonment, and 're-education', for those who refused to forswear belief in a 'god', I believe.(I may be confusing the Soviets with the Chinese....)

What is your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 758,121 - 758,140 of1,034,735
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 min BREND 478,326
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Blonde coed 43,034
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 95,850
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 4 hr Panamaed 2,634
The alphabet (Jun '06) 5 hr rubygoober 887
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 5 hr rubygoober 2,383
~~name three things~~ (Feb '13) 5 hr rubygoober 584
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search