Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#819797 Dec 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Journalís Tax Advice
William Kristol
The Wall Street Journal editors are unhappy about the present correlation of political forces. Who isn't? They're also, I gather, unhappy about "Beltway sages" who, facing the fact that the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of this year, have suggested Republicans accept a modest increase in tax rates for the wealthy while leading the charge to keep taxes from rising for 98 percent of the American people.
It would be great if the Journal editors had a better idea of what Republicans could do. They don't.[....]
If we go over the cliff, there won't be damage to Obama's chances of second-term success. Quite the contrary. What Republicans will have done is to make Democrats the party of tax cuts and Obama a president fighting for economic growth.
As I say, it won't happen. Most Republicans will go along soon after January 1 with what will now be the Democrats' tax cutting agenda. If the House Republicans now follow the Wall Street Journal editors over the cliff, the only effect, I'm afraid, will be to turn a manageable tactical retreat in December into a panicked strategic rout in January.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/journal-s...
In other words, it's up to the republicans to save the day or at least avoid the worst case scenario. As usual.

They'll still get blamed. The good parent always does.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#819798 Dec 11, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it , put up or shut up , you are only as anonymous as I let you be , ask your "lawyer" husband if he wants to represent your drunk ass in a slander case , and the commonwealth of Va. will back me .
do you really think she has a husband?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819799 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research. I did. That's how you get to the truth.
Look up Teaching the Levees. You'll find an extensive timeline
including:
September 2
*President Bush sends 10.5 billion request for emergency relief aid to Congress
*Military convoy arrives in New Orleans
*President Bush meets with Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin on Air Force One
*Blanco decides not to allow president to federalize relief efforts
(Make sure you read that last one again)
September 5 - Nagin criticizes Blancoís decision not to allow federalized relief effort
September 7
*10,000 people continue to resist orders for complete evacuation
*Governor Blanco criticizes Mayor Nagin for what she considers questionable and ineffective enforcement methods
...Let's not forget Blanco knew the levees could not withstand a hurricane 5 but the state government used that funding elsewhere.
...Or the parking lot full of school buses that weren't used because Nagin didn't plan far enough ahead to use them for evacuating.
The difference is Bush publicly took part of the blame. Blanco and Nagin kept blaming each other and Bush.
Kind of a synopsis and overview of the two parties.
That's a blog Carol and that was commentary submitted by bloggers such as Nicholas Graber-Grace who, in real life, is/was the Connecticut state organizer for state ACORN. He's also some sort of psychologist. There were other contributors, but he seemed to be the lead.

You're wrong babe, particularly about Nagin for he was only the Mayor of New Orleans, Katrina knocked the sht out of many other municipalities located in three different states where Nagin had zero authority.

US Corps of Engineers controls the bulk of the S Loiusiana levee systems.

US Coast Guard controls the bulk of the Mississippi Delta

Bureau of Ocean Energy__US Department of Mining and Minerals

US Department of the Interior

Are you seeing a trend here Carol???

Bush didn't need anyone's permission to order precautionary measures__and he didn't__he sat on his azz in Crawford until it was too late and the whole Delta was a clstrfk.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#819800 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in the classroom, very rarely did a principal want to be bothered with an unruly student. But, fortunately, I had a fail proof discipline system based on rewards and consequences. An entire bulletin board was taken up just for student names and five little nails beside each name. The first infraction resulted in the student having to come to the front of the room and put a red check by their name (made out of laminated circles) while everyone watched and I stopped talking (just for effect). The first check was a warning. The second red check resulted in sitting by the fence and missing 10 minutes of recess. The third check was sitting by the fence during the entire recess. The fourth check resulted in the student having to write a note themselves to their parents explaining their unacceptable behavior that day with my signature.
And this is the clincher....
Every student knew that if the note wasn't returned the very next day with their parents' signature - no exceptions, no excuses - they had a choice of either a whack on the bottom (if the parent had signed a corporal punishment agreement with the office) or a two page essay on how to correct their behavior. I only caught one student who tried to forge their parents' signature.
Students with no checks or only one check by their name at the end of the day - the other side of the laminated red check circles had a happy face sticker - got to come up one at a time and put up their happy face. At the end of the week, students who had 4 out of 5 happy faces that week got a sticker on their desk. After 10 stickers were accumulated, they were treated to something special - like ice cream in the lunchroom during classtime, for example, or playing games in the back of the classroom on Friday afternoon while the other students had to do an assignment.
You'd be surprised how many students begged to be whacked on the bottom instead of having to write an essay.
In all my years of teaching, I only had to give 3 students a whack on the bottom. Each time I would say, "Do I have your attention now?"
My students loved me, by the way. And I them. They respected having a fair and consistent learning environment and, therefore, they all learned.
I probably would have had to tell nuc to bend over and grab his ankles on a routine basis. But that kind of gives me the creeps.
I'm delighted that I've gotten inside your head to the extent that you're still worrying and complaining about me 24 hours after I last posted!!

Your lies about having been a teacher are obvious. From a teacher to an envelope stuffer (part-time) in one easy step!!

You once said that others (Realtime) knew you from the past, and would vouch for your stories about having been a teacher, as well as having been a nurse.

Well, Realtime says you're a liar.

Who am I to disagree with a brilliant person like Realtime??

You're funny with your fellow wingnuts. You were DBDummy's friend for awhile, but he fled the thread.

Now you're friends with shiningidiot. He likes you because you're the only one who will take me on. He quit long ago, after i caught him in stupidity concerning religion.

He hasn't replied to me since. He's another coward, like Ed. He instead snipes from the sidelines, cheering you on as I make you look the liar and fool you are.

I still am laughing at how you accept the word of Iraqi prisoners of war over President Bush!!

That one takes the cake!!

Bush said Saddam had no WMD's and Carol calls him a liar!! Too precious!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819801 Dec 11, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have a big party planned for my birthday on the 30th. Nothing will happen till then. It's a 5 day party ending January 1st.
You are going to squeeze 5 days of partying into 3 days(30,31,1)? That should be one helluva party.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819802 Dec 11, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could suck some protein from my diseased coque.
Dumper dem: "rockin Chicago tranny's worlds".....

Level 1

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#819803 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
I was a professor, you fck.
So your income taxes were not paid?

What school has a professor of dumbshittedness?

Was it in Oklahoma?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819805 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Flaxan Calendar has 5 days starting 12/30 & ending Jan 1st.
Maybe that is why his predictions are always wrong. Maybe we should all chip in and get him a real calendar.
carol

Orlando, FL

#819806 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
STUPID FCK: the UNIVERSITY is paying taxes FOR them with monies above & beyond their compensation package. The Presidents are avoiding paying one thin DIME in taxes (whle advocating higher taxes on everyone else). If you cant see the difference, there is something seriously wrong with you.
Were you involved in an industrial accident, or kicked in the head by a horse?
Same thing will happen with businesses once their taxes go up. The consumers will get screwed twice - paying more taxes themselves and paying for taxes passed on to them as consumers.

It's hard to believe this is happening.

And so many have no clue.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819807 Dec 11, 2012
its the free insurance that 17 Democratic senators are against....

"17 Democrat Senators Have Signed A Letter Urging Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) To Delay The Implementation Of ObamaCareís Medical Device Tax.ďA group of 17 Democratic U.S. Senators and Senators-elect have signed a letter urging for a delay in implementing a tax on the medical device industry that is scheduled to go into effect Jan. 1, said two people familiar with the matter.Ē

http://www.gop.com/news/research/democrats-ta...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819808 Dec 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
?
I'm glad I don't count on you for anything.
Your ability to perceive reality and fact is lacking. You are the quintessential believe anything Obama voter, for sure.
so like, i guess that means i don't believe anything i hear on FOX? so i'm just part of the crowd?

so what's it like down there in minority-land? heck dude, right now we gots us more black folks then we gots us old crazy white folks who get their view of the world from the Conservative ATM Media 'Complex'.

And Merry Christmas to you.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819809 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if the university gave him a $12,500 bonus. don't they pay $2500 into the Prof's withholding & give him a check for $10K?
Its a simple question.
If the university pays their with holding, it is considered compensation.
The income taxes are paid. The entire amount.
I give up on you; surely you have an impairment. Its a matter of WHO pays them, and I already clearly stated its above & beyond their publicly-approved compensation package......
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819810 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So your income taxes were not paid?
What school has a professor of dumbshittedness?
Was it in Oklahoma?
You are even too stupid to discern the literary style between "gay dem the impersonator" and myself. Clue: just listen for the gargle of sperm between his breaths.....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819812 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, it's up to the republicans to save the day or at least avoid the worst case scenario. As usual.
They'll still get blamed. The good parent always does.
lol

well i guess that depends on what one considers to be the 'worst case'. i'm sure our viewpoints are a mile away from agreement on that one.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819813 Dec 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing will happen with businesses once their taxes go up. The consumers will get screwed twice - paying more taxes themselves and paying for taxes passed on to them as consumers.
It's hard to believe this is happening.
And so many have no clue.
Agreed. Its like talkng to a brick wall (with less brains)....
TSM

El Paso, TX

#819814 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if Republicans refuse a rate increase, its the Democrat's fault that no deal is reached.
RealDave absolutely itís the President Fault!! Thereís this saying ďIf It to Be Itís up To MeĒ Leaders lead itís time for Obama to get off the Campaign Trail and Lead!!
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819815 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if the university gave him a $12,500 bonus. don't they pay $2500 into the Prof's withholding & give him a check for $10K?
Its a simple question.
If the university pays their with holding, it is considered compensation.
The income taxes are paid. The entire amount.
Standing in line for foodstamps sure has your blood pressure all outta whack...
carol

Orlando, FL

#819816 Dec 11, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm delighted that I've gotten inside your head to the extent that you're still worrying and complaining about me 24 hours after I last posted!!
Your lies about having been a teacher are obvious. From a teacher to an envelope stuffer (part-time) in one easy step!!
You once said that others (Realtime) knew you from the past, and would vouch for your stories about having been a teacher, as well as having been a nurse.
Well, Realtime says you're a liar.
Who am I to disagree with a brilliant person like Realtime??
You're funny with your fellow wingnuts. You were DBDummy's friend for awhile, but he fled the thread.
Now you're friends with shiningidiot. He likes you because you're the only one who will take me on. He quit long ago, after i caught him in stupidity concerning religion.
He hasn't replied to me since. He's another coward, like Ed. He instead snipes from the sidelines, cheering you on as I make you look the liar and fool you are.
I still am laughing at how you accept the word of Iraqi prisoners of war over President Bush!!
That one takes the cake!!
Bush said Saddam had no WMD's and Carol calls him a liar!! Too precious!!
It would have been very easy for me to say bend over and grab your ankles in your case.

Realtime is arrogant and condescending and always has been.

He may be smart in some areas but I've had to teach him a thing or two on here myself about current events of which he had no knowledge whatsoever but kept parroting the liberal propaganda.

Using ABC, NBC and CNN as the sources to back me up.

You might want to pick another topix hero.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#819817 Dec 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Flaxan Calendar has 5 days starting 12/30 & ending Jan 1st.
You want to try reading that again.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#819818 Dec 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You are going to squeeze 5 days of partying into 3 days(30,31,1)? That should be one helluva party.
Flake never was too good at math.

His 'Chicken Little' commentary consists of;

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!"

He hasn't been correct on a single one of his predictions.

I think he's got a bad case of anxiety disorder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 17 min Maggie McGee 70,598
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 30 min Princess Hey 4,322
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr Vic 96,622
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr MonaLittleMore 490,156
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 8 hr Riverside 26,175
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 10 hr Careless Crecca 69
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 pm PST