Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#819021 Dec 9, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.
Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.
Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
I'll see your 8 million new jobs when Bush lowered the tax rate and raise you 22 million new jobs when Clinton raised the tax rates. I'll see your 2000 to 2008 record and raise you 1950 to 1970 that saw America's greatest growth when the top rates were 90% and 75%.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819023 Dec 9, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I truly wish I knew you. I would truly/literally make you eat those words. Your post alone tells me alot about you. Your one of those oskosh wearing hillbillies. True red neck, 2 teeth one on both sides with a stick of straw in your mouth. Type to cross the street or lock the door on your tractor when you see a young black man approaching. You get empowered by the internet. Finally got a chance to invoke your right of freedom of speech. Your a coward!
You pusceeeazz spookster, you make me laugh. What would you do, commit a violent crime just as most of the of "tha otha young brothas" do? You just proved my point; the negro for some reason is mired in a culture of violence. That doesnt mean that ALL are crimnals; just at a rate seven timer higher per capta than the next highest ethnicity. BTW, I dont need to cross any street or lock any doors; I'm highly armed and will take action aganst any violent criminal threatening my (or any innocent person's) life. Bring it, doughboy puscee....:-)
carol

Orlando, FL

#819024 Dec 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only would a Republican punish their constituents for political purpose.
I wouldn't call saving Florida's taxpayers $1.9 billion that would be required to implement a massive entitlement expansion under Obamacare is punishing them.

Florida already has health care safety net programs for those with the greatest need, including assistance for families with incomes up to 133% of the poverty line, and Florida KidCare to ensure no child goes without health care in Florida.

Things taxpayers don't mind paying for. Wonder why other states didn't follow Florida's example.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#819025 Dec 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan was a man who was comfortable in his own skin, knew exactly what he believed and was the Great Communicator.
Obama acts senile sometimes already. And he's much younger than Reagan when he left office.
Also, Reagan wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's until five years after his presidency.
You Repubs won't elect Reagan for dog catcher if he was running today. As Gov. of CA he put in place a total gun ban and as President raised America's debt 186%. The MOST ever by any President including Obama. He was the first President ever to sell America's debt to outside nations. He granted amnesty to millions of illegals. How so you think all that would go over today with Repubs? hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha!! !!!!!!!!
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819026 Dec 9, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You have forgotten that she is a woman! This country is ready for a female President, and who better qualified thatn Hillary Clinton!
That ought to send you conservatives back another 50 years!!
A woman? Oh the peril!
She's too fckn ugly to get elected in this pinup/posterboy age. No one wants to look at a dried-out old hag for 4 years, and you ought to know that better than anyone else....:-)
proud2bwhite

Denham Springs, LA

#819027 Dec 9, 2012
Netanyahu is leading Israel into an abyss
Netanyahu keeps behaving in a way that profoundly contradicts the values of the club of the Free World, of which he wants to be a valued member: His disregard for international law and individual human rights of Palestinians simply doesn’t square with the standards of the Free World.
Europe’s reaction to Netanyahu’s decision to build in area E-1 has been swift, but ended up being lighter than originally expected. France and Britain considered recalling their ambassadors from Israel, but haven’t done so at this point. Israel’s ambassadors in Europe were summoned by various governments to hear that Europe is no longer willing to put up with Israel's expansion of the occupation.
http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fi...
so you're saying.Israel building houseing for its people in their own country is bad..and terrorist fireing thousands of rockets at israel is good. Is that what you're being told to think now. I'm not supprized. You allways support those that will destroy you in the end.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#819028 Dec 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of post used to be beneath you. What happened?
the self righteousness of the myth creators.

it's one thing to be right, even they're not, but to act like they've presented something that we should all be impressed with when nothing has been presented is a malady that deserves nothing but scorn.

and anyway....as you know, i take my fair share of abuse with usually nothing more but humor in return. a rare moment of real emotion should not be reason to think that my personae will continue to act in that manner. i've shown that person respect before when it was deserved, and will do so again when it's prudent.

so we cool? i really have no choice now but to cool off. someone called me out.
carol

Orlando, FL

#819029 Dec 9, 2012
Just for fun, let's guess when Obama will make his Carter's "malaise speech".

170,000 pages of laws just on how we must obey. And they keep making more.
carol

Orlando, FL

#819031 Dec 9, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You Repubs won't elect Reagan for dog catcher if he was running today. As Gov. of CA he put in place a total gun ban and as President raised America's debt 186%. The MOST ever by any President including Obama. He was the first President ever to sell America's debt to outside nations. He granted amnesty to millions of illegals. How so you think all that would go over today with Repubs? hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha!! !!!!!!!!
He signed a law banning the carrying of loaded firearms in public.

You can stop laughing now.
proud2bwhite

Denham Springs, LA

#819032 Dec 9, 2012
carol wrote:
Just for fun, let's guess when Obama will make his Carter's "malaise speech".
170,000 pages of laws just on how we must obey. And they keep making more.
I'm thinking obama will be makeing his Morsi speach, demanding complete control of all government and declaring himself king.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#819033 Dec 9, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I truly wish I knew you. I would truly/literally make you eat those words. Your post alone tells me alot about you. Your one of those oskosh wearing hillbillies. True red neck, 2 teeth one on both sides with a stick of straw in your mouth. Type to cross the street or lock the door on your tractor when you see a young black man approaching. You get empowered by the internet. Finally got a chance to invoke your right of freedom of speech. Your a coward!
I truly wish I never get to know you. I would truly/literally vomit on making your acquaintance. Your post alone tells me alot about you. You are one of those indoctrinated liberal drones - the grey-uniformed humanoids with colorless faces, empty eyes devoid of any shade of life in those famous Apple TV Ads. A true Animal Farm beast of burden with elitist posture, a grandiloquent and pompous azz swaggering and braying through corn fields of ears that don't listen.

You would rather let your neighbors get mugged & murdered than to call the police about a Trayvon Martin walking in the rain through the neighborhood casing houses. You would rather hide FBI statistics showing black males being 8 times more likely to commit assaults than white males because free speech and free thought and free expression are all an anathema to The Order demanded by your Media Masters. No talk is allowed about black prison populations and high conviction rates because it, too, threatens The Order of The Media Masters. You get empowered by the internet because it is an efficient vehicle to spread lies with. A Wu Mao Dang's dream!!

You are another one of millions of Liberal Musicians blowing you Tin Horn! The Music of the Masters!

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#819034 Dec 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one pays more or less.
Everyone pays the same rate on their taxable income as follows:
up to $17,700 - 10%
17,700 to 70,700 - 15%
So on & so on.
Everyone pays the same.
You are a f*cking idiot.
But hey, crawl back in your hole & start lying about my income. Its all a pathetic loser like you has.
"real dumb"
You come off dumber and dumber. B y your own admission some folks pay a higher rate than others. Thank you for the admission. Now tell me why someone anyone should pay a higher rate.
Flat tax, no deductibles.
Peace
KMA

Level 2

Spokane, WA

#819035 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Because it's funny; that's why. Just picture stiff Mitt going to Paquaios dressing room and saying "Manny, I ran for President and lost" why did he do that? Talk about a buzzkill.
All of the above can't be solved by any one President in one day, so get the eff over it.
"silly"
president nobama has had more than 4 years to change the course. To date he has failed. I hope i am wrong but I have a sense that things are going to get worse.
Peace

Level 2

Spokane, WA

#819036 Dec 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of post used to be beneath you. What happened?
"Eman"
I see you have noted that many of the liberaloons are gewtting more personal in their comments. Know why? They have nothing else.
Peace
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#819037 Dec 9, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly wish I never get to know you. I would truly/literally vomit on making your acquaintance. Your post alone tells me alot about you. You are one of those indoctrinated liberal drones - the grey-uniformed humanoids with colorless faces, empty eyes devoid of any shade of life in those famous Apple TV Ads. A true Animal Farm beast of burden with elitist posture, a grandiloquent and pompous azz swaggering and braying through corn fields of ears that don't listen.
You would rather let your neighbors get mugged & murdered than to call the police about a Trayvon Martin walking in the rain through the neighborhood casing houses. You would rather hide FBI statistics showing black males being 8 times more likely to commit assaults than white males because free speech and free thought and free expression are all an anathema to The Order demanded by your Media Masters. No talk is allowed about black prison populations and high conviction rates because it, too, threatens The Order of The Media Masters. You get empowered by the internet because it is an efficient vehicle to spread lies with. A Wu Mao Dang's dream!!
You are another one of millions of Liberal Musicians blowing you Tin Horn! The Music of the Masters!
Bravo and well said, but I think you are gving him too much credit. He's just a puscee, wannabe thug too scared to actually do anything. Picture an even less-athletic Erkel......:-)
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#819038 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, I think Mitt has a better figure, wouldn't you agree?
http://mittromneyisatool.com/wp-content/uploa...
Absolutely; that's because he's actually a man who is married to a woman...the Obamas appear to be the opposite, like you and your husband.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819039 Dec 9, 2012
Romney Lost Because Republicans Behaved Like Undisciplined Clowns

n order to really understand how the Republican Party evolved into The Clown College, one must first harken back to the Republican Primary. First of all, Barack Obama had a HUGE structural advantage going into this election cycle. He had no primary challenger (so he could focus immediately on the general election), he already had an excellent ground game in place from the 2008 election, he had the media in his back pocket, he had the advantage of incumbency as well as the ability to raise a ton of money, he has disciples who could care less about policy and would vote for him no matter what (even if he literally gave them the finger), and as Allahpundit recently pointed out, the electoral college lately seems to favor the Democrats. Therefore, Republicans had absolutely no room for error, lack of self-discipline or tomfoolery of any kind. I realize that this isn’t fair, but life isn’t fair. You have to accept the world how it is, not how you want it to be.

Now, given the the fact that President Obama was a superior enemy at the beginning of this race due to his many structural advantages, the best thing we Republicans could have done was to take Sun Tzu’s advice and evade him–i.e., focus like a laser and wrap up the Republican primary as quickly and with as little fanfare as possible so as not to draw attention to our nominee’s weaknesses. Furthermore, the quicker we wrap up the primary, the sooner our nominee can get in a position of strength by immediately raising money and setting up his or her ground game in the battleground states.

However, when the Republican Primary got underway, instead of focused, self-disciplined candidates, we seemed to have an endless clown car full of crazy. There was Donald Trump who wouldn’t shut-up about the “birth certificate”, Michele Bachmann claiming that the Gardisil vaccine caused “mental retardation”, Ron Paul who is…well, Ron Paul, and the charismatic Herman Cain whose entire economic plan seemed to be “999&#8243; (well, at least it wasn’t 666), and who seemed to have never ending sex scandals.

And when voters saw poor Mitt Romney standing on stage–repeatedly–next to these clowns (there were way too many debates), they mentally associated him with them.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/election-2012/ro...

You want to say something clever? Go on, say something clever. In fact you can call me names, call me a RINO, tell me you hate me–heck, you can say anything as nasty as you want if it makes you feel good. I don’t ask that you agree with me, or even for your courtesy. I just ask that the next time you do anything that represents the Republican Party, that you leave the bright red nose and big floppy shoes at home.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#819040 Dec 9, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
The American negro, hard at work as usual on their violent crime statistics.....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/05/police-g...
It was self defence. She was trying to run him over. Fox news never tells the whole story.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#819043 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
You have forgotten that she is a woman! This country is ready for a female President, and who better qualified thatn Hillary Clinton!
That ought to send you conservatives back another 50 years!!
A woman? Oh the peril!
Democrats would love a female candidate for President, as long as she was black or Hispanic. Someone like Michelle Obama or Susan Rice or Sonia Sotomayor, all double "minorities."

White folks are history in the Democrat Party, even if female, at least at the Presidential level, although a lesbian might have a chance.

Why else did Hillary lose in 2008 to an unknown?

Surely you don't believe that they will all step aside for Hillary and her "racist" husband?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#819044 Dec 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one pays more or less.
Everyone pays the same rate on their taxable income as follows:
up to $17,700 - 10%
17,700 to 70,700 - 15%
So on & so on.
Everyone pays the same.
You are a f*cking idiot.
But hey, crawl back in your hole & start lying about my income. Its all a pathetic loser like you has.
When you add it all up at the end, the more you earn, the higher overall percentage you pay.

And far too many pay nothing.

By the way, Bush added the 10% rate to give a break to losers like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min LessHypeMoreFact 49,366
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 15 hr Ellen 490,370
11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) 15 hr eddie 45
Notebooks 18 hr Tan 1
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 hr Anne 96,717
Get Paid to Host International Students - Extra... Fri orlandohomestay 1
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses Thu NorCal Native 21
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info