Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,779)

Showing posts 755,561 - 755,580 of1,072,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Republican Rep. Virginia Foxx sure loves her traditional values.
She believes defense authorizations bills are the perfect place to include some good old fashioned discrimination against gay service members, just like Jesus said.

She has "very little tolerance" for people who need to borrow money to put themselves through college instead of doing it the traditional, non-loan-needing way she did when she went to college 700 years ago, as the Declaration of Independence clearly demands.

And she's an old school feminist, which is why she is an ardent supporter of any and all bills to strip women of their reproductive rights, just like the suffragists did when they marched and starved themselves, demanding to have fewer rights. In fact, as Foxx explained, "[N]obody has ever fought more for the rights of women than I have."
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been in over two hundred schools in the last few years.
My company does extensive work for our school system.
And every sporting event has a winner and loser at least as far as score goes.
Interesting part is the losers don't think they won like tea baggers do.
Not talking about sports but in the classroom. Not every classroom. Not every school. But an underlying progressive philosophy of political correctness is permeating and taking hold in all public schools - some to a greater degree than others.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently they are still putting their trust in them (53% to 36%) this month as well.
This month doesn't matter. Next year and the next three years does.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Gallup Finds Unemployment Rate Soars Follwing Presidential Election
Thursday, December 6, 2012
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-06/gall...
It's not that much of a stretch to know some people are going to throw in the towel and get on the bandwagon. It's human nature not to want to feel like you're getting the short end of the stick.

Or feel like you're the schmuck busting your butt.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you right whiners throw Bush under the bus after kissing his ass & worshiping his feet for 8 years.
You are so f*cking stupid you think if you give the CEO of Apple a tax cut that he will hire more people.
This is because you are stupid, ignorant, & uninformed
For the unpteenth time, we all pay from the same F*cking chart.
Learn how to use that chart someday & maybe you will cease to be so naive & uninformed.
If you make $50k taxable, Bill Gates pays the same rate on his first $50k as you pay on yours..
What is not fair about that?
But hey, what do I expect from an Anti-American POS like you who thinks supporting his country is being punished.
"real dumb"
You continue to prove the ignorance and the fact you are a coward. The question was and is why should American's be punished for success? Why because the make more monies should they be taxed at a higher rate than others? Fuckthe tax tables, no deductions. Lets make it fair. Flat tax all pay the same rate.
You are just an envioussonofabitch with your hand out. You talk about others being anti-American, big talk from a coward who has never served his country in any way.
Answer the question, why should any one pay a higher rate on their income than you do? You are special, not likely you are a cowardly piece ofcrap.
Peace
KMA
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a dumbazz on the subject Carol. Florida is a Republican controlled state, the Florida Department of ED has been headed by Republican appointees and the individual elected county school board members are "mostly" Republicans.
This state's public schools are still reeling from the Jeb Bush experience which is/was anything but progressive.
We've had these discussions previously Carol__I'm over wasting time trying to sort through your jibberish.
Two words: Teachers' Unions.

It doesn't matter who is governing state and local affairs.

"The Staggering Power of the Teachers' Unions"

http://www.hoover.org/publications/hoover-dig...

You might learn something by reading this.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That is because the goals of the educational system are no longer serving our students, nor are our students serving the needs of business. If the goal is to prepare students for the world of work, we should be offering trade and living skills classes as a prerequisite to graduation, rather than attempting to prepare them for college degrees which most of them will not pursue. In fact, even if we ARE successful at getting kids to apply for college post-graduation, we are still not preparing them to be productive citizens. More than 80% of the subjects offered at the high school level, contain material which the average student will never use again once they graduate. This has to change.
I agree 110%.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Ann Coulter shocked Sean Hannity on Wednesday when she conceded that she thinks Republicans should let tax rates for the rich go up.
House Republicans are currently battling President Obama over whether or not to hike taxes on the top 2 percent of earners in the negotiations over the so-called "fiscal cliff."
After Coulter started to say that Republicans should concede on taxes on the very rich, Hannity wondered why the House didn't just pass a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone.
"OK fine, let's do that, but in the end, at some point, if the Bush tax cuts are repealed and everyone's taxes go up, I promise you Republicans will get blamed for it," she said. "It doesn't mean you cave on everything, but there are some things Republicans do that feed into what the media is telling America about Republicans."
"So are you saying that, for PR purposes, that they should give in to Obama on the tax rate?" Hannity asked.
"Not exactly, I--" Coulter said, before stopping herself and saying, "Well, yeah, I guess I am."
"You're saying capitulate to Obama?" Hannity stammered. "We don't have a revenue problem, Ann."
"We lost the election, Sean!" Coulter replied.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/ann-...
Republicans should make it very clear they are not going to stand in the way of the majority's wishes.

And remind them of the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for..."

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: Teachers' Unions.
It doesn't matter who is governing state and local affairs.
"The Staggering Power of the Teachers' Unions"
http://www.hoover.org/publications/hoover-dig...
You might learn something by reading this.
You're a fool, carol. Probably always have been; will probably always be...fortunately, the time remaining is shorter.'night, Loser.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics is Not for the faint of heart.
Michael Dukakis squandered a 16 point lead in 1988.
President Obama is a fighter and has the Republicans reacting.
Actually not.

Obama would have a much better chance of getting what he wants if he fought for it instead of doing infomercials.

The "fiscal cliff" is the best chance presently available to attack the deficit problem.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU..........remember.......El lis Island?
lol
Yes, although not from personal experience. Immigration done the right way.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
So many people seem to miss that tidbit. The capital markets exploded during President Obama's time in office. If someone's 401k has kept on losing money since the President took office either the company sucks, your financial adviser sucks or there's some stealing going on.
You may need to set each of the below charts to the 5 year setting. I know most of the ignorant or blind to the facts type won't bother to even check this data out but it's there to see.
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/DJ...
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/CO...
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/SP...
The market is still well below the high of October 2007.

With anybody other than Obama, the market would be much higher now.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Great Man !
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall last year the brouhaha caused by Leftist teachers who refused to use Red markers when grading student papers because Red was to harsh a color and hurt the student's feelings and self-image.
This sort of Airhead Liberalism pervades ALL of academia today.
Exactly. One of the many subtle examples.

However, teachers can no longer give a student an encouraging pat on the back or an understanding hug because it is considered politically incorrect and "inappropriate touching". Yet, teachers having sex with their students has become an epidemic.

A student can assault a teacher verbally or physically with little or no consequence. Yet, teachers are expected to know how to deal with this without crossing any politically correct lines and with little, if any, support from administrators and parents.

It's to the point where public schools are almost like a madhouse - run by out of control students and disgruntled parents with the politically correct police waiting to pounce on any teacher who dares use common sense in maintaining a disciplined and learning-conducive teaching environment.

If it happens just once in one school, it's happened too much.

But in some schools, especially inner city schools, this is more the norm rather than the exception.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Progressive Education Movement peaked in the 1930s.
You have posted in historical error for years.
Progressive education is a pedagogical movement that began in the late nineteenth century and has persisted in various forms to the present.

Now it's called politically correct nonsense.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think Carol is just pulling our legs and laughing when when she posts.
Yes, I might be laughing but it's because you're pulling your own legs.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not.
Obama would have a much better chance of getting what he wants if he fought for it instead of doing infomercials.
The "fiscal cliff" is the best chance presently available to attack the deficit problem.
He already tried working with the cons and they got "belligerent."

Seems to me all he needs to do is show how the cons truly are and let the people decide whose to blame.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The market is still well below the high of October 2007.
With anybody other than Obama, the market would be much higher now.
lol! I like cons who "know" things without actually having to prove anything.

It's like the mouse on the wheel.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Progressive education is a pedagogical movement that began in the late nineteenth century and has persisted in various forms to the present.
Now it's called politically correct nonsense.
Progressive educations has been replaced by testing similar to what did not work in Japan in the 1970s
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol stuck around when the turds fled.
nobama is also here
was surprised so many left the group
Wouldn't want to miss your reaction when reality takes a dump on your front porch for anything.

Again, I truly do hope I'm wrong. It will land on all our front porches if I'm not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 755,561 - 755,580 of1,072,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••