Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,476)

Showing posts 749,501 - 749,520 of1,073,343
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today accepted the apology of News Corp.'s Rupert Murdoch for his Twitter message asking why the "Jewish-owned press" is "so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis."

In a phone call and a follow-up letter of apology to ADL, Mr. Murdoch called his tweet about the news media "awkward and inappropriate." He wrote, "I feel very strongly about the righteousness of Israeli's cause, particularly when its citizens are under missile attack. So I do get very upset when I see coverage that I feel is unfair and biased towards Israel. But I should have stuck to the substance of the issue and not bring in irrelevant and incorrect ethnic matters."

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

After speaking with Mr. Murdoch, it is clear that he deeply regretted posting his remark on Twitter and understands how his reference to "Jewish owned media" could play into the age-old anti-Semitic conspiracy theory about "Jewish control" of the news media.

We appreciate his effort to apologize, and to make clear that his remarks were an attempt to defend Israel made at a time when the Jewish state is under direct assault, and were not intended to hurt or to offend.

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslME_62/6432_62....
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a punk maker you could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
I probaly know the area where you are better than you , wanna meet ?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Why Democrats Should Give Thanks For Mitt Romney

...As Ramesh Ponnuru recently reminded us, for decades the Democrats' were voters' preference when asked "which party is on my side?" However, they began to put this at risk over the past twenty years, as party grandees such as Bill Clinton, Robert Rubin and Chuck Schumer built strong ties to Wall Street. This alliance brought the party heaps of campaign cash and, in some circles, credibility on economic policy, but it exposed the party to a populist critique that it was no longer looking out for the little guy.

Obama and the Democrats would have been in big trouble if this muddle had lasted into the 2012 election year. Yes, they would've done their best to talk about the need for raising taxes on the rich, but Republicans could have countered, as they did in 2010, with talk of bailed-out bankers and "crony capitalists" like the Solyndra investors. Once again, voters may not have been sure just who was who's side—at best, they'd throw up their hands and figure that both parties were for the big guy.

But that didn't happen. Why? Because the Republicans nominated Willard Mitt Romney. In an era of resentment toward unaccountable financial elites, they put forward the ultimate financial elite, a man who sliced and diced companies, sheltered his income offshore, and, above all, was eye-poppingly incapable of discussing his wealth and the economic anxieties of those less fortunate in ways that might put voters at ease. The muddle that had clouded the political debate since Obama's inauguration parted. On Election Day, when exit pollsters asked voters whom they thought the candidates favored, a plurality, 44 percent, thought Obama favored the middle class, while 53 percent thought Romney favored the rich. Meanwhile, one in five voters thought that a candidate's "caring about people like me" was the most important quality, and 81 percent of them voted for Obama. The benefits for Democrats carry forward post-election: as we head toward the so-called fiscal cliff, there is little doubt who's for raising taxes on the wealthiest—a proposition supported by some 60 percent of voters—and who is not.

So Democrats, as you raise your glass on Thursday evening, say or think a thanks for Mitt Romney, who, like the Wampanoag Indians bringing their five deer to the feast, brought a great gift to America: clarity.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/110375/why-democrats-... #
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>I probaly know the area where you are better than you , wanna meet ?
Conservatives are too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Coming into the recent election, state-level polling clearly pointed to an Obama victory — yet more or less the whole Republican Party refused to acknowledge this reality. Instead, pundits and politicians alike fiercely denied the numbers and personally attacked anyone pointing out the obvious; the demonizing of The Times’s Nate Silver, in particular, was remarkable to behold.

What accounts for this pattern of denial? Earlier this year, the science writer Chris Mooney published “The Republican Brain,” which was not, as you might think, a partisan screed. It was, instead, a survey of the now-extensive research linking political views to personality types. As Mr. Mooney showed, modern American conservatism is highly correlated with authoritarian inclinations — and authoritarians are strongly inclined to reject any evidence contradicting their prior beliefs. Today’s Republicans cocoon themselves in an alternate reality defined by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and The Wall Street Journal’s editorial page, and only on rare occasions — like on election night — encounter any hint that what they believe might not be true.

.....And then there’s the matter of using evidence to shape economic policy. You may have read about the recent study from the Congressional Research Service finding no empirical support for the dogma that cutting taxes on the wealthy leads to higher economic growth. How did Republicans respond? By suppressing the report. On economics, as in hard science, modern conservatives don’t want to hear anything challenging their preconceptions — and they don’t want anyone else to hear about it, either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/opinion/kru... ;
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Conservatives are too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
I will take that as a no , "cowardly" Brown eye.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>I will take that as a no , "cowardly" Brown eye.
You would rather go bear hunting with a switch than mess with me.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Will Fox Acknowledge Its Soros/Wal-Mart Coverage Is Totally Wrong?

Fox's coverage echoed a Daily Caller article published Tuesday. The Daily Caller has since updated its reporting, removing all references to Soros in its article and appending a correction saying that he "does not appear connected" to the protests.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/21/will-...
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Disney Breeds Criminals wrote:
Powerful Jews own and control Wall Mart . No wonder Hitler wanted to kill these filthy rotten bastards ! Disney Jews are dangerous queers !
Jews? Top execs are Rob Walton, Mike Duke, Bill Simon, Doug McMillon, Rosalind Brewer, Joel Anderson, Susan Chambers and Neil Ashe. Not exactly the kind of names you'd hear at a Bar Mitzvah.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Execute Cocaine Obama wrote:
This negro homosexual pig is owned and operated by filthy rotten crooked Jews destroying our country . All political parties are crooked and corrupt by powerful Jews . This rotten negro bastard would be executed in other countries . Jews in Hollywood are empowering criminals like spanish negro criminals and anybody who will help them destroy our society like homosexual pigs who most do drugs and spread aids . Reagan help the Bush Family rob the savings and loan. AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK !
So you don't like blacks, republicans, democrats, gays, jews, actors, Spanish, Reagan, Bush, or Obama. At least you're an equal-opportunity hater.
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>You would rather go bear hunting with a switch than mess with me.
Ever killed a man?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Disney Breeds Criminals wrote:
Powerful Jews own and control Wall Mart . No wonder Hitler wanted to kill these filthy rotten bastards ! Disney Jews are dangerous queers !
You folks from Kodiak, Tenn. don't like anybody do you? I'm definitely crossing that off my list of possible vacation places.(By the way, Walt Disney disliked Jews probably more than you do.)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak analogy. Smoking is not outlawed and there's move afoot that I know of to ban smoking. There are moves afoot in Republican controlled stated to ban abortion, in some cases even birth control.
There are RESTRICTIONS on smoking in public places where others are forced to inhale the fumes emitted by the smoker. Which is reasonable since smoking bad effects on health are known to affect others.
Abortion, whatever its effects for good or ill on she who has the abortion, does not directly impact the health or physical conditions of others.
If you sit next to me in a cafe or classroom and smoke, I and others are affected by your fumes. It's not simply a matter of what you foolishly choose to do with your own body.
If you opt have an abortion that doesn't affect the physical well being of your classmate or someone sitting next to you. Your classmate or neighbor doesn't also end up with an abortion simply because she was near you. Hence, what you do with your own body in that area---regardless of whether others approve or disapprove--is your concern. Not theirs
The danger of second-hand smoke is a myth according to a study by the British Medical Journal. If there is a risk, it is minimal and the association has been overstated according to the researchers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/05/16/smoki...

The obsession with smoking is just political correctness gone amok.

Hospital employees have been fired for smoking in their car on their break.

Entire towns are trying to outlaw it.

Propaganda is everywhere.

But drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana is okay according to the political correct police.

The banning of smoking in restaurants and enclosed places is understandable. But political correctness doesn't know where to draw the line.

That's the slippery slope of Big Brother.

An industrial vacuum to suck out a growing life from a woman's womb by dismembering it is also okay.

Basically, we've lost our minds.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Ever killed a man?
Bend over naked and spell RUN,RUN three times.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Something tells me Al Qaeda is the modern Boogey Man, on whom lazy and unimaginative parents rely to keep the kiddos in line.
We might as well be warning the young of the 'chupacabra' or the 'zombie Easter Bunny'.
If the "boogey man" had killed 3000 people by flying jet airplanes with families and children as passengers into buildings, you'd have a point.

Please don't tell me you believe Obama's hype that he single-handedly got rid of the "boogey man". It's what got him in trouble right before the election when the "boogey man" killed our ambassador and he tried to convince us it wasn't the "boogey man" but just a figment of our imagination.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The danger of second-hand smoke is a myth according to a study by the British Medical Journal. If there is a risk, it is minimal and the association has been overstated according to the researchers.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/05/16/smoki...
The obsession with smoking is just political correctness gone amok.
Hospital employees have been fired for smoking in their car on their break.
Entire towns are trying to outlaw it.
Propaganda is everywhere.
But drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana is okay according to the political correct police.
The banning of smoking in restaurants and enclosed places is understandable. But political correctness doesn't know where to draw the line.
That's the slippery slope of Big Brother.
An industrial vacuum to suck out a growing life from a woman's womb by dismembering it is also okay.
Basically, we've lost our minds.
I'm sorry, but FOX says....

Secondhand smoke kills 42,000 nonsmokers a year in US

The UCSF researchers took a fresh approach by basing their numbers on a chemical called cotinine in the blood, which is a byproduct of smoking proportional to the amount of exposure to tobacco smoke. Most of us have cotinine in our blood; but those who are exposed to lots of secondhand smoke at home or, for example, at a bar, will have higher levels.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/01/seco...

But if you need to, just deny the science. Everyone will understand why.
Topic Reminder Service

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Barack Obama is a two-term President. End of story, end of topic. Move on, nothing to see here except a bunch of pompous blowhards.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If the "boogey man" had killed 3000 people by flying jet airplanes with families and children as passengers into buildings, you'd have a point.
Please don't tell me you believe Obama's hype that he single-handedly got rid of the "boogey man". It's what got him in trouble right before the election when the "boogey man" killed our ambassador and he tried to convince us it wasn't the "boogey man" but just a figment of our imagination.
Trouble?

lol lol lol

Oh but please describe the backlash!

LOL
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Republicans' choice: fantasy follies or reality-based relevance

The GOP's electoral future hangs on whether it prefers the 'conservative entertainment complex' to America as it finds it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Bend over naked and spell RUN,RUN three times.
Answer the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 749,501 - 749,520 of1,073,343
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Brian_G 45,609
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Murph 70,392
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr LizW 483,122
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr LizW 17,553
Orlando heroin 4 hr dino 20
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 10 hr Doug77 17,043
The alphabet (Jun '06) 11 hr Doug77 1,018
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••