Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1348321 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#701231 Aug 3, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>"paid all taxes required by law,"
Did you see the list of all the Hollywood lefties who are voluntarily sending in millions more than they owe to the IRS?

Neither have I.

They want more and can't legally take it. THAT is what really ticks them off.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#701232 Aug 3, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing your screenname from imright59 to baba gaga sure didn't make you any smarter!!
Tax returns can show criminal behavior.
School records show grades.
DUH
See the difference?? Likely not, you're from TN!!
LMFAO .. Florida owns your stupid cowardass and kicks your nutsickles all the time.. LOL...
-
It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

District Heights, MD

#701233 Aug 3, 2012
ShootYourself wrote:
<quoted text>
you did not read that job report closely did you ?
If you read better and had reading comprehension skills you would have diserned that it takes 150,000 new jobs a month just to break even with attrition of jobs....
and the report clearly showed that the average for 3 months in a row was new job creation of only average of 75,000
THATS A NET LOSS of an AVERAGE OF 75,000 JOBS a MONTH for 3 months in a row, including JULY.....
you big Dummy, how is that good news for Obama ?????
a net loss of 75,000 jobs a month for 3 months straight !
(you claim this is good news for Obama ?)
((Because it is NEGATIVE GROWTH ???))
Dont let the word "Growth" in "NEGATIVE GROWTH" fool you-
thats not Growth idiot thats a NET LOSS DUH how fucking dumb are you ?????
want to explain to all of us how a net loss of 75,000 jobs a month for 3 months straight is good news ??????????
I do believe that it was 163 thousand for July dumbo. It's a trend upward and that is important to real Americans. Idiots like you not so much.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#701234 Aug 3, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to talk money? Hey hypocrite, maybe she should be out installing car elevators in her 12 million dollar home in California that is being built to go along with her other 6 homes like Ann and NITMITT? Yea think. How stupid you baggers are.
Buyers Remorse' Leaves Obama Campaign Struggling for Campaign Funds * Pelosi: Stay home!! Don't go the Democratic Convention.. Save your own asses4life...
-
Thursday, 02 Aug 2012 010:02 PM
-
Barack Hussein Obama was the first presidential candidate to raise more than $100 million in a month and in 2008 was the first to forgo public money for his campaign. Now, he faces the very real threat of being the first president to be outspent.
-
Tacky wedding gift donations, loser dinner date donations and lotteries.. Sellout and begging for donations... The Poison of Liberalism...
-
I will be the first incumbent president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, Obama wrote to supporters recently.
-
Many bought into hope and change and they're not getting it. There's some buyers' remorse, jumping ship like drowning rats abandoning a sellout NO Hope and NO change obama...
-
Obama demonized Wall Street bankers and they responded by closing their wallets. He also has called on wealthier Americans to pay more in taxes a hardly an inspiration to donate, his advisers concede.
-
For some of his most liberal supporters, he has not done enough to promote stronger unions or tougher environmental laws. A sellout for most causes...
-
And, unlike four years ago, Obama is not campaigning as an optimistic vessel of hope and change.
-
Never before has an incumbent president failed to outraise a challenger, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a campaign finance watchdog. In Obama's record-setting 2008 campaign, he made history in September by raising $150 million.
-
Meanwhile, life is good in Communist China, where the business environment isn't so Communist...
-
The Obama administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in our lifetime...
-
Every Aspect Of Life In America Is Worse and Sold Out Since an OUTSOURCED, Occupy Obama Took Over....
-
It's the culture...
Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#701235 Aug 3, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to talk money? Hey hypocrite, maybe she should be out installing car elevators in her 12 million dollar home in California that is being built to go along with her other 6 homes like Ann and NITMITT? Yea think. How stupid you baggers are.
Hmmm...why am I not a bit surprised you completely missed the point?

By the way, what does "Yea think." mean? Is that some sort of code for dummies?
Grey Ghost

District Heights, MD

#701236 Aug 3, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the list of all the Hollywood lefties who are voluntarily sending in millions more than they owe to the IRS?
Neither have I.
They want more and can't legally take it. THAT is what really ticks them off.
So you are concerned about Mitt lying about his taxes?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#701237 Aug 3, 2012
Jon Stewart took his turn piling on Mitt Romney for his disastrous start to his overseas tour, where he managed to insult everyone and their grandmother from the Olympic committee to politicians on both sides of the aisle in the UK.

I'm guessing he's saving going after Mittens debut in Israel for Tuesday's show.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/j...

Location hidden

#701238 Aug 3, 2012
Jon Stewart Rips Into Mitt Romney's Bain Capital, Tax Return Defense (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/jon-...
Florida

Lithia, FL

#701239 Aug 3, 2012
Nearly 12 years after Clinton left office, Bill Clinton remains one of our most popular, wealth makers and compelling Presidents.
-
Verses the amateur create more poor obama campaign, hating on wealth makers, hate on the middleclass creating more poor...
-
The convention role being given Bill Clinton is proof that Obama is in deep trouble and he and his political handlers know it. If obama had a ten point lead or more over Romney, Bill Clinton would not be the Super Star doing Obama's speech and more...
-
This is a Hail Mary of politics. Bill Clinton will accomplish and remind voters exactly how amateur a leader and failed president, Obama really is.
-
Voters will become nostalgic with Bill, now knowing obama is lacking in everything, obama a no comparator to Bill..
-
Clinton's super star speech will remind people that an amateur Obama is NOT a wealth maker neither a success maker and NOT a Bill Clinton when it comes to the economy, jobs, success and wealth making in America....
-
Bill Clinton will steal the show, continuously reminding the unconscious4life libtards, what a sellout and amateur obama really is and more..

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Placentia, CA

#701240 Aug 3, 2012
I just Farted and a piece of my brain flew out..Wow,I have brown matter not Grey
carol

Windermere, FL

#701241 Aug 3, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
In an interview with ABC News, Mitt Romney was asked whether he'd ever paid less than the 13.9% tax rate he paid in 2010. "I haven't calculated that. I'm happy to go back and look, but my view is I've paid all the taxes required by law," Romney said. A 13.9% rate falls far below the norm for incomes approaching the $20.1 million he made in 2010.
http://www.drudge.com/news/159440/low-did-rom...
His effective tax rate was 13.9 percent in 2010 (and estimated at 15.4 percent for 2011) because he earned most of his money from investments held in blind trusts which is taxed at a lower rate of 15 percent.

The capital gains tax rate takes into account the fact that income earned by investments is already subjected to a 35 percent corporate tax rate.

However, to put things on perspective, here's what $3.2 million in federal taxes -- Romney's estimated 2011 burden -- pays for:

-- The monthly food stamp allowance for about 23,909 people.

-- The cost of educating 302 elementary and high school students.

-- The base salary (before bonuses and allowances) of 178 privates in the U.S. Army.

-- The federal contribution to the benefits of 636 Medicaid enrollees.*

In addition to his taxes, Romney has given around 16.4 percent of his income over the past two years to charity through his family charity, the Tyler Foundation. In addition to donations to the Mormon church, Romney and his wife Ann donated money to the Boys and Girls Club of Boston, the Center for the Treatment of Pediatric MS, the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Homes for Our Troops, and the Inner-City Scholarship Fund, among others.

...To which charities did Obama's wealth go to?
JEB

United States

#701242 Aug 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Poor Janesays can't afford what I throw out in the trash
Marco Rubio calls for bipartisan action on immigration.

One week after President Obama pre-empted him by taking executive action to halt some deportations, Rubio delivered a call for bipartisan action on immigration reform.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#701243 Aug 3, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are concerned about Mitt lying about his taxes?
Clinton is a wealth maker, a genius with sucess, not at all like a sellout and an amateur obama....
-
Clinton is the guy who abolished welfare, a wealth maker, created success, more wealth, built America, and Clinton's the guy who declared big government is over, lets rock and roll...
-
The amateur obama lives by hate and decree, hate success and wealth, create a welfare state, create more poor, hate on America, if you built it, it wasn't you, it was the government... A poor excuse for libtard failure in life...
-
You idiots4life are like the tide... You flow both directions... The unconscious4life...
-
The Fruit of Islam... Or The Fruit of Loon... ghost??
-
It's the culture4life...

“wake up”

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#701244 Aug 3, 2012
round up ad deport all the illegals = 20 million new American job openings.
carol

Windermere, FL

#701245 Aug 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Are you telling me that you have never heard about this? It's all over the news, every single outlet, newspaper etc.? Incredible how little you seem to know about your candidate. Perhaps you should do your own homework:
Here's one, but there are tons of articles on it:
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax returns and the 13.9 percent rate he paid highlight how wealthy investors can use the preferential treatment of income classified as capital gains and dividends to minimize payments to the U.S. government
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-24/romn...
His effective tax rate was 13.9 percent in 2010 because he earned most of his money from investments held in blind trusts which is taxed at a lower rate of 15 percent.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/romney-needs-no...

Location hidden

#701246 Aug 3, 2012
Jon Stewart Rips Conservatives For Hypocrisy Over Romney’s Tax Returns

On his show tonight, Jon Stewart marveled at how many Republicans have been pressuring Mitt Romney to release his tax returns, but as for the conservatives defending Romney and saying he doesn’t need to release his tax returns, he called them out for hypocrisy, considering how much scrutiny conservatives have wanted to apply to President Obama‘s past, especially at the height of Birthergate.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-rips-c...
Grey Ghost

District Heights, MD

#701247 Aug 3, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO .. Florida owns your stupid cowardass and kicks your nutsickles all the time.. LOL...
-
It's the culture...
You really seem to not have a clue as to the extent of your idiocy. You are one moron galore.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#701248 Aug 3, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that it was 163 thousand for July dumbo. It's a trend upward and that is important to real Americans. Idiots like you not so much.
Put-up or shut-up Ghost... Prove obama is not an affirmative action President...
-
The one reason, the one word reason, the only reason jobs and the economy are stagnate is the word "obama"...
-
If not for obama's "War on Prosperity" and putting the cart (healthcare) before the donkey (jobs) 4 years ago... libtards would not be defending No jobs, a 8.3 percent unemployment rate in obama's 9th inning of over and over failure...
-
There will be NO home runs or grand slam on the economy or jobs in the final inning of obama's play selling out America...... ghost...
-
The Fruit of Loon... Or... The Fruit of Failure... ghost
-
It's the culture4life...
Grey Ghost

District Heights, MD

#701249 Aug 3, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...why am I not a bit surprised you completely missed the point?
By the way, what does "Yea think." mean? Is that some sort of code for dummies?
Since when have you ever had a point? No matter what name you use, you just can't hide stupid.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#701250 Aug 3, 2012
<quoted text>
In an interview with ABC News, Mitt Romney was asked whether he'd ever paid less than the 13.9% tax rate he paid in 2010. "I haven't calculated that. I'm happy to go back and look, but my view is I've paid all the taxes required by law," Romney said. A 13.9% rate falls far below the norm for incomes approaching the $20.1 million he made in 2010.
http://www.drudge.com/news/159440/low-did-rom...
Drudge Retort? Really, a phoney site mascaraing for another. You are a tool and fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 min Murph 73,317
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 min Joy 509,925
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr tina anne 57,330
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr zazz 97,823
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 11 hr Princess Hey 4,857
The alphabet (Jun '06) 12 hr Princess Hey 1,623
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 18,693
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages