Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404355 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 2

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#689717 Jul 18, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops...no more blame Bush. Who's the Kenyan going to blame now?
Poll: Voters Blame Obama for the Economy
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:49:29 PM · by BarnacleCenturion
politico.com ^| 7/18/12 | BYRON TAU
Voters by and large believe that President Obama's economic policies have contributed to the persistent malaise in the economy, according to a new poll. The CBS/New York Times survey finds that 64 percent of voters believe that Obama's policies have contributed significantly or somewhat to the persistent weakness in the economy...
Ooops!

More Blame Bush Than Obama for Economic Downturn

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-574751...

A new CBS News/New York Times poll finds that 34% of Americans say President Obama's policies contributed significantly to the economic downturn, another 30% say they contributed to some degree while 35% say the president's policies contributed little or not at all to the downturn.

However, more people blame former President George W. Bush.

Nearly half say Bush's policies played a significant role in creating the nation's current economic problems. Another 33% say they played some role. Only 18% say Bush's policies had little to no impact.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#689718 Jul 18, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Remember when a guy threw a shoe at Bush and the Left seized on this as a sign that we weren't respected.
Obama and Hilary have given the Islamist everything they wanted including getting rid of Gaddafi. So now we have Islamist running Egypt and what is their response to our Sec of State?
Hillary's motorcade pelted with tomatoes and shoes as Egyptian protesters shout 'Monica, Monica'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21740...
I would call this compared to one shoe a sign of total disrespect for the US. Our Foreign Policy is awful.
Our foreign policy is to send a woman to do a man's job ... and then to send in a negro to bow.

LOL
Reality Bites

AOL

#689719 Jul 18, 2012
Tony wrote:
Obama has far more experience than Romney. Romney tax evader. Romney is hiding more than his taxes for sure. Vote No Romney in November and save the working middle class.
Just because Governor Romney never "experienced" Rev Wrights God Damn America rants doesn't make him less experienced. Those Rants only appeal to you and your kind.
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#689721 Jul 18, 2012
<That should start a feeding frenzy.>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#689722 Jul 18, 2012
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>My Faves on Mitt your man:
“He glosses over and doesn’t even tell the truth.… Here is a guy who is the ultimate flip-flopper running for president....Rick Santorum
“I do not yet know if I will find a Romney presidency more acceptable on foreign policy. But I do know that I must oppose the most recent statements made by Mitt Romney in which he says he, as president, could take us to war unilaterally with Iran, without any approval from Congress.”
~Rand Paul, National Review
We can’t nominate such a weak candidate. I’d love to be able to get one-on-one with Gov. Romney and expose the record that would be the weakest record we could possibly put up against Barack Obama.”
~Rick Santorum,
I don’t know who all of his advisers are, but I’ve seen some of the names and some of them are quite far to the right. And sometimes they might be in a position to make judgments or recommendations to the candidate that should get a second thought.”
~Colin Powell,
He changed his position on virtually everything. I’m a moderate Republican, that’s what I am, so I’d be inclined to support someone like Mitt Romney. But all those changes give me pause.”
~Rudy Giuliani
/.
“We’re not going to beat Barack Obama with some guy who has Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island accounts, owns shares of Goldman Sachs while it forecloses on Florida and is himself a stockholder in Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac while he tries to think the rest of us are too stupid to put the dots together to understand what this is all about.”
~Newt Gingrich
There are a hundred more out there.
Seems to me you may be the only one standing tall behind your man Mitt.
It must be your culture....
Pelosi: I'm NOT encouraging anyone to go to the Democratic Convention, having nothing to do with anything except I think they should stay home...
-
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/0...
-
Hell... Even democRats know when to abandon a sellout obama and jump ship!
-
Here's a Forgotten Truth: You demokRats started the KKK, Klan Parent Hood and kept all your racist management..
-
It's the culture..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

United States

#689723 Jul 18, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>lily is busy stealing my persona, a childish class act.. Everyone here can tell it's Rat mouth lily... making a crybaby drunk of herself... Pelosi: The election is lost.. stay home...
-
It's the culture...
i am the real Florida, get lost republiscum.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#689724 Jul 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA is funded. It does not add to the debt.
how do you fund a NEW tax?

it comes down to this:

one side "won't have themselves paying for the other guys wars"
and one side "won't have itself paying for the other guys welfare"
and so on...and so on...
how do we solve this?
Just like our parents did..no one gets anything. They insure no one is happy. Problem solved. Is that what you want?
You seem to be the type of person who won't give anything...
Nothing. I could be wrong.

You can ask me...I'll trade, but Liberals won't...they want, as Joni Mitchell once sang, "Everything for nothing"

As a classicly trained Social Scientist who studied the outcomes in History, we better learn to COMPROMISE or we are sunk. End of discussion.

What are you willing to give in on?
frank

Humble, TX

#689725 Jul 18, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops!
A new CBS News/New York Times poll finds that 34% of Americans say President Obama's policies contributed significantly to the economic downturn, another 30% say they contributed to some degree while 35% say the president's policies contributed little or not at all to the downturn.
Nearly half say Bush's policies played a significant role in creating the nation's current economic problems. Another 33% say they played some role. Only 18% say Bush's policies had little to no impact.
O00PS,
Sheep/uninformed/liberals/fool s/dumbazzez!
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#689726 Jul 18, 2012
For the First Time, Canadians Now Richer Than Americans

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/07/1...

Thank you Omama...!
fred

Bronx, NY

#689727 Jul 18, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops!
The Kenyan hates America.

Obama on America: Unplugged and Distilled
National Review ^| 7-18-2012 | Peter Kirsanow

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:06:19 PM by Sir Napsalot

If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen because you’ve been a little lazy over the last couple of decades and you’ve lost your ambition, your imagination and your willingness to do the things that built the Golden Gate Bridge, causing you to become bitter and cling to guns and religion and antipathy toward people who aren’t like you, and to act stupidly, just like a typical white person or our troops who are just air-raiding villages and killing civilians. Frankly, that’s why I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism, and that’s why it’s necessary for me to fundamentally transform America and spread the wealth around — just as soon as I get more flexibility in a second term.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“WestieLover”

Since: Apr 12

The city that I reside

#689728 Jul 18, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
And Omama will have your daughters and wives working on the corners. It's his idea of "doing business"! Barry is a fraud, a fake, inexperienced, low IQ, liar and not worth a wooden nickel.
What do you expect from a man who thinks welfare/foodstamps are stimulus.

Barry Soetoro aka Barack H. Obama is fraud. His Birth Certificate has been proven a fraud with coding anomalies. Investigators interviewed Verna K.L.Lee, former Hawaii official who is allegedly signed the Obama Birth Certificate in 1961. She explained what the White House has provided as Obama's original birth certificate is a fraud. After a birth the information is hand coded, and "9 area" is left blank. Later it is typed. Obama's document shows numerous coding enteries which cannot be accurate according to this lady. One thing is sure the B.C. that the President has touted as his original Birth record is a forgery.

Investigators found key information missing on the verification document Hawaii provided to Arizona's Secretary of State in May.
Hawaii's Deputy Attorney General, Jill T. Nagamire, confirm the State has a birth document on file for Obama. But refuses to qualify if it is the same one that the White House released on their website or not. They are not being truthfull to protect themselves from procecution later down the road.

Three people of interest who are suspected of generating the forgery have been questioned by Maracopa Co. Invesigators/law officers shedding additional information on the case.

Obama's selective service registration card is determined to be fraudulent.

In Hawaii there is a statue 338-17.8, which provides certificates of Hawaii birth to children born out of state. It is a loophole that makes it possible for foreign born children to illegally establish U.S. citizenship. This amended law allows a person to obtain a B.C. if any adult or their parents can prove that they resided in Hawaii for one year and paid taxes. There is no requirment to show that the child itself was actually born in Hawaii or on U.S. soil. You could actually be born in Japan, China, Kenya, Indonesia, they'd still give you an America birth certificate upon request.

This law is a breach of American national security, unlawfully giving foreign nationals American citizenship.
Hawaii is a haven for illegals to flock and circumvent the system bestowing American citizenship to folks who did not play by the rules and apply the right way...making them NATURALIZED Americans not NATURAL BORN eligible to become President.

Obama's Grandmother Dunham worked in Probate in Hawaii. She I a sure was well versed on this loophole. Her grandson Barack came to live with her at age 10. It would not have been a problem for her to acquire this Birth record, regardless of his foreign adoption in Indonesia by step-father Lolo Soetoro.

Once again Hawaii doesn't concern themselves with a persons actual birth location, they'll give you a Hawaiian Birth Certificate if a relative goes to bat for you.

This is likely the birth record that is on file in Hawaii. A birth record requested by a eager Grandmother to bestow American citizenship to her grandson. But Hawaii Dept of Health won't confirm it for obvious reasons.

Obama is guilty of Treason.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#689729 Jul 18, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops!
Good news
Democrats are more likely to:
- have visited a fortune teller (now wonder they are all broke)
- have talk with the dead
- have seen ghosts
its from PEW...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Tampa, FL

#689730 Jul 18, 2012
zepperz wrote:
<quoted text> i am the real Jean. Obama has lost stay home... It's over...
It's the culture

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#689731 Jul 18, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The double standard of the left. All the demands for a tax return is getting boring. Time the Left comes to the revelation that voters are concern about the economy
Really??

""Americans Want To See What's In Mitt Romney's Tax Returns

Fifty-six percent of Americans think Mitt Romney should release his tax returns from the last 12 years while 34 percent think he should not, according to a new poll from Public Policy Polling. Among Independent voters, 61 percent want Romney to release his returns, while just 27 percent say he shouldn't.

The left-leaning Public Policy Polling is the first to measure whether voters think Romney should release his tax returns, and it finds that, overwhelmingly, people are curious.

PPP's 12 years of returns as a benchmark is significant for two reasons — because Obama has released 12 years of returns and because Romney's father, George, disclosed 12 years during his 1968 White House bid.

Along similar lines, 56 percent of voters — 58 percent of Independents — think Romney should release financial records that document his investment holdings in countries like Switzerland and Bermuda.

Romney said Friday during a blitz of television interviews that he would not be releasing any more tax returns beyond the 2010 return he has already released and the 2011 return he plans to release before the election. He has stayed firm on that stance over the past few days.

"In the political environment that exists today, the opposition research of the Obama campaign is looking for anything they can use to distract from the failure of the president to reignite our economy," Romney told The National Review's Robert Costa on Tuesday. "And I’m simply not enthusiastic about giving them hundreds or thousands of more pages to pick through, distort, and lie about."

But even prominent conservatives have called on Romney to release his returns in recent days, including Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and conservative commentators George Will and William Kristol. Former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul told Politico on Tuesday that Romney should release his returns.

But significantly, while most voters think he should release his tax returns, the poll doesn't measure the issue in terms of its importance or its effect on support. ""

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-ta...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Tampa, FL

#689732 Jul 18, 2012
'Buyers Remorse' Leaves Obama Campaign Struggling for Campaign Funds * Pelosi: Stay home don't go the Democratic Convention..
-
Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012 07:02 AM
-
Barack Obama was the first presidential candidate to raise more than $100 million in a month and in 2008 was the first to forgo public money for his campaign. Now, he faces the very real threat of being the first president to be outspent.
-
Tacky wedding gift donations, loser dinner date donations and lotteries.. Sellout and begging for donations... The Poison of Liberalism...
-
I will be the first incumbent president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, Obama wrote to supporters recently.
-
Many bought into hope and change and they're not getting it. There's some buyers' remorse," said Greg Mueller, jumping ship like rats abandoning a sellout NO Hope and NO change obama...
-
Obama demonized Wall Street bankers and they responded by closing their wallets. He also has called on wealthier Americans to pay more in taxes a hardly an inspiration to donate, his advisers concede.
-
For some of his most liberal supporters, he has not done enough to promote stronger unions or tougher environmental laws. A sellout for most causes...
-
And, unlike four years ago, Obama is not campaigning as an optimistic vessel of hope and change.
-
Never before has an incumbent president failed to outraise a challenger, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a campaign finance watchdog. In Obama's record-setting 2008 campaign, he made history in September by raising $150 million.
-
Meanwhile, life is good in Communist China, where the business environment isn't so Communist...
-
The Obama administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in our lifetime...
-
Every Aspect Of Life In America Is Worse and Sold Out Since a Sellout Obama Tookover.
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#689733 Jul 18, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at things around your house. Made in China will be all over them. See how much you'd have left if you were to throw away all things "made in china". Any red-blooded American would be throwing up.
You're right, and it's been hapening for decades.

The real damage was done long before either Romney or Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#689734 Jul 18, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
No. fred has a very low opinion of O'Reilly, the big dope. lamont the hater and Hindenburg homer the pretentious gas bag.
Carol would be better informed watching reruns of Two and half men
Now that was really funny!!

Nice job, Fretard!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Tampa, FL

#689735 Jul 18, 2012
Mitt will continue to hold off releasing additional Tax Returns until a sellout obama releases all of his sealed records... What is the Fraud and/or Felon obama hiding?
-
Obama release his College Transcripts and Records... Romney will release more Tax Returns...
-
The cost of Brack Hussein Obama not releasing his hidden school records and college transcripts are very clear. Therefore a sellout obama has calculated there are higher costs releasing his sealed records, destroying his career....
-
So Why does a sellout obama ask others to do what he himself refuses to do?
-
Obama's College Transcripts, School, College Grades and Records are "MOST" relevant, kept sealed, hidden, hiding an "OUTSOURCED" sellout, fraud, and felon obama...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#689736 Jul 18, 2012
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you fund a NEW tax?
it comes down to this:
one side "won't have themselves paying for the other guys wars"
and one side "won't have itself paying for the other guys welfare"
and so on...and so on...
how do we solve this?
Just like our parents did..no one gets anything. They insure no one is happy. Problem solved. Is that what you want?
You seem to be the type of person who won't give anything...
Nothing. I could be wrong.
You can ask me...I'll trade, but Liberals won't...they want, as Joni Mitchell once sang, "Everything for nothing"
As a classicly trained Social Scientist who studied the outcomes in History, we better learn to COMPROMISE or we are sunk. End of discussion.
What are you willing to give in on?
New taxes are funding.

Most of the ACA are ideas that were Republican a few years ago. The mandate - Republican idea.

Exchanges - Paul Ryan uses this concept in his plan to privatize Medicare.

Elimination of the pre-existing conditions aspect - Republicans want this.

So, what is it the Republicans don't like about this bill??

Why did Republican leadership chastise their members who were helping write this bill.

Why are there 170 Republican amendments & additions to this bill.

The last attempt to reform healthcare in this country was defeated by Republicans. In the 15 years since, the Republicans had plenty of opportunity to reform healthcare. They did not.

Republicans chose not to participate in this effort.

If you bothered to study Obama's record in Ill & US Senate you would learn that he is a compromiser.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#689737 Jul 18, 2012
President Obama's jobs panel missing in action

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/786...

Obama supporters relax, looks like you will never have to work again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 58 min zazz 98,130
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 19,103
News Darden closes doors at 9 Bahama Breezes (May '07) 1 hr delraydib 88
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 9 hr silly rabbit 81
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Kaine and Unable 60,659
News Gay-bashing US pastor feeling the heat from SA 11 hr alanh1249 10
Business owner slanders & threatens competitor 12 hr Ronnie 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages