Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1345887 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

cway

United States

#652823 May 29, 2012
azazel wrote:
<quoted text>
you said it was right and correct to invade afghanistan. i disagree. the taliban reared its ugly head 94 the afghanis didnt want them. clintons admin gave cursory support then left the afghanis hanging. had we done things differently maybe a different outcome. who knows.
reality the afghani people did nothing to us but pay the price. the taliban still exists. still strong.
I'll try to explain this one more time.

The Taliban ruled Afghanistan.

If you believe Bin Laden was behind 9-11, then the Taliban were guilty of sheltering him. It would make them an accessory to Bin Laden's crime after the fact.

That is certainly a legitimate reason to declare war.

Now, according you, we can't attack the Taliban in Afghanistan. Try to understand that's who we're making war on. Not the Afghan people. At least, not deliberately.

Why you believe it's wrong to attack the enemy where they are located, I simply don't understand.

I await your response while scratching my head, eyebrows raised.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#652824 May 29, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was the liberal media obsessed with McCain & Bush's past records?
They absolutely were. And they released them without hesitation:
https://docs.google.com/viewer...
NOW WHERE ARE THE KENYAN'S??
uh-hu

Documents that should have been written to explain gaps in President Bush's Texas Air National Guard service are missing from the military records released about his service in 1972 and 1973, according to regulations and outside experts.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0905-...
fred

Newington, CT

#652825 May 29, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear President Obama,
I second that emotion.
Yours faithfully,
Lily
When the Finland fluker is finished panting over Fifty Shades of Gray Ghost, shs should read A Capitalism for the People: Recapturing the Lost Genius of American Prosperity.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#652826 May 29, 2012
Obama said he had 3.7 average are you Laughing!! Wasn’t this the President that talked about Transparency let’s see the Proof!! Obama could remove all doubt just present his Transcripts!!
Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652827 May 29, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
fk off you lying old piece of shit.
Liberal Playbook.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#652828 May 29, 2012
<quoted text>
It's called dementia.
No one is happier ... no one is prouder ... to put this birth-certificate matter to rest than the Donald," Obama said in his speech. "And that's because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter, like: Did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?"
Dementia...inebriation...all lead to Obama worship. So sad for you.
fred

Newington, CT

#652829 May 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You have me confused with someone else, I do not care to see anyone's college transcripts or birth certificates or tax returns.
Hindenburg homer called W a war criminal for capturing and interrogating prisoners of war.

The Kenyan executes innocent people? Not a word.

HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA?(CONT’D): Drones: How Obama Learned To Kill.

A “Special Troika on Targeted Killings.” It sounds so bracingly ... Cheneyesque!

Related: More Rubble, Less Trouble!“The take-no-prisoners approach avoids dealing with the problems — which include, for Obama, political problems — of detention and interrogation.”
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#652830 May 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Concerning your comment on the hanging chads in Florida, it was more than that. Jeb Bush was the governor of Florida and guaranteed that he would deliver Florida for his brother. This was done in many ways, voter disenfranchisement being one of the biggest ones.
The current gov. Rick Scott is busy trying to do the same thing, attempting to purge Democrats from the voting lists.
PA too, new law says you must have a photo id in order to vote of course the Republicans run state is being pretty quiet about it. I fear a lot of registered voters are going to show up at the polls with a voter card and be denied especially in the cities where a lot of people do not own cars so would not have a driver's license. I just hope team Obama gets out the word. Of course the state did set aside money to pay for photo ids for people who do not have one, more big brother, govt spending, what's up with that Republicans?
Grey Ghost

Rockville, VA

#652831 May 29, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
"What up"?
Aren't you like 80?
LMAO!!!
How could you not LYAO it's all you have. Buttheaded loser.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#652832 May 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Concerning your comment on the hanging chads in Florida, it was more than that. Jeb Bush was the governor of Florida and guaranteed that he would deliver Florida for his brother. This was done in many ways, voter disenfranchisement being one of the biggest ones.
The current gov. Rick Scott is busy trying to do the same thing, attempting to purge Democrats from the voting lists.
Your desperate attempt only means you need to keep drinking to make things seems more viable for your Obamagod in November. Sorry...you lose.
cway

United States

#652833 May 29, 2012
Sweet53 wrote:
Oh gesh, just have to post here~!!
Is anyone really still thinking of voting for O???
Gosh, no. We'd rather vote for the weird Mormon. Afterall, his party left behind a recession and two unfinished wars the last time. Mitt says he can top that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#652834 May 29, 2012
Enslave your girls and women, harbor anti-US terrorists, destroy every vestige of civilization in your homeland, and the Bush Administration will embrace you. All that matters is that you line up as an ally in the drug war, the only international cause that this nation still takes seriously.

That's the message sent with the recent gift of $43 million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent anti-American violators of human rights in the world today. The gift, announced last Thursday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in addition to other recent aid, makes the United States the main sponsor of the Taliban and rewards that "rogue regime" for declaring that opium growing is against the will of God. So, too, by the Taliban's estimation, are most human activities, but it's the ban on drugs that catches this administration's attention.

Never mind that Osama bin Laden still operates the leading anti-American terror operation from his base in Afghanistan, from which, among other crimes, he launched two bloody attacks on American embassies in Africa in 1998.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#652835 May 29, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you not LYAO it's all you have. Buttheaded loser.
Hi Grey, how's the vacay?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#652836 May 29, 2012
Does anyone know Romney's height and weight when he was born? Do we know if his mother's cervix was fully dialated (10 centimeters) at the time of his birth? People should have this information before deciding to vote for this man!

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#652837 May 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mitt Romney ordered the coffee for the break room. I'm betting he had a purchasing agent, an office manager, etc.
R'Money doesn't believe in coffee, breaks for labor as opposed to management, or purchases and decisions by anyone who is not of the one percent...can't even trust "them" to cut their own hair.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#652838 May 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>PA too, new law says you must have a photo id in order to vote of course the Republicans run state is being pretty quiet about it. I fear a lot of registered voters are going to show up at the polls with a voter card and be denied especially in the cities where a lot of people do not own cars so would not have a driver's license. I just hope team Obama gets out the word. Of course the state did set aside money to pay for photo ids for people who do not have one, more big brother, govt spending, what's up with that Republicans?
Told you before ... a little inconvenient? Fk'em. Those city dwellers will vote legally or not at all.

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#652839 May 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Libya?
How's that uprising going?
Egypt's not sounding too happy either these days.
Dictatorships do that to people...and so does anarchy.
I opposed our involvement there too.

You were probably passed out on Sterno and missed it.
Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652840 May 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred has 16 followers!
17 if I could figure it out!

I don't do Twitter really.

LOL
fred

Newington, CT

#652841 May 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>PA too, new law says you must have a photo id in order to vote of course the Republicans run state is being pretty quiet about it. I fear a lot of registered voters are going to show up at the polls with a voter card and be denied especially in the cities where a lot of people do not own cars so would not have a driver's license. I just hope team Obama gets out the word. Of course the state did set aside money to pay for photo ids for people who do not have one, more big brother, govt spending, what's up with that Republicans?
Any one who opposes photo voter ID plans to cheat.

fred does agree that government should not provide free ID. If those without ID want to vote, the can pass up the next bottle of vodka or reefer to buy one.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#652842 May 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan lizard's birth certificate is a bad forgery.
Why did the lizard release it in pdf format?
Sheriff Joe is on the case. and demands to see the original.
A real document expert.....

Ever since Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio publicly declared that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery, I have been receiving a steady flow of requests to evaluate this claim. Personally, I've been trying to stay out of it since it really isn't new. Arpaio's entire claim is based on the fact that the PDF document contains "layers" and he interprets that as fraud.

I debunked this specific claim of fraud nearly a year ago. The layers are actually due to a simple optimized setting when the PDF was created. Since then, major media outlets have duplicated the same layer-effect by enabling the optimization, and there are even YouTube videos that show how to do it yourself. To reiterate: it is not fraud; it is a configuration setting for one type of optimized PDF. The results are repeatable and conclusive. And most importantly: this claim of fraud was debunked nearly a year ago.

http://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php...

Frankly, I am just amazed that someone who is supposed to uphold the law would conduct an investigation this way. According to Arpaio, both he and Mike Zullo -- head of the "Cold Case Posse" -- relied on research conducted by unnamed 'volunteers'. He said many things that are provably inaccurate. For example, he said that the layers in the PDF were an indication of tampering, even though there are plenty of videos and write-ups that show step-by-step how to enable the optimization and see the same type of layers yourself. One would think that, after six months of investigation, they would have actually seen that it is trivial to duplicate by enabling the optimization. I cannot help by think that the unnamed volunteers are actually people like Ron Polland -- a person who repeatedly lied about his credentials and used pseudo-science to support his baseless claims of fraud and tampering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 min dmtnt 509,555
Bored in Orlando? Here's A Thing To Do Today... 3 hr Price4limo 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr dGo mndDae lyHo i... 57,161
Dangerous Jewish Walt Disney Company -Nobody Is... (Nov '11) 7 hr JessicaAtriedes 18
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 hr Cajun Queen 73,304
United air temp is a scam!! 11 hr Jackie 3
Hillary Clinton Changes From Didn't Do It to Ev... 13 hr Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages