Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402683 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

azazel

Spring Lake, NC

#652908 May 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
Bottom line he's doing a good job and should be re-elected. He is also the last line of defense for the middle class in America. If Romney is elected the middle class will shrink even more.
no one has done a good job in recent history.
the one thing you know about romney is he wont repeal the health care initiative. its modeled after romneycare in mass. hed have to admit its failure. mass has the highest health care costs in the nation.
Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652909 May 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds of the Martin-Zimmerman confrontation:
BLAM-BLAM-BLAM
Somebody call 9-1-1! He's beating me savagely.
BLAM-BLAM-BLAM
I'm in dire peril!
BLAM
Take one in the head, darkie
BLAM
That'll teach you not to bow more quickly to my esteemed personage.
BLAM
Officers... Thank goodness you arrived. I barely got my gun out in time as this skittles-eating thug confronted and annoyed the hell out of me. Just because I was following him around and calling him the N-word.
Who assaulted who first?

The gang-banging punk Trayvon got what he deserved......maybe some of his gansta homies will take note.
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#652910 May 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would equate taking away the right to vote & denying someone to play golf.
only an idiot wouldn't question why proof of identity to pay to play golf is more important to Democrats than proof of identity to collect thousands of taxpayer dollars a year.
Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#652911 May 29, 2012
Here Come the Thinly Veiled Threats of Violence

"So they [Republicans] have reasons to want to get this son of Karl Marx out of the White House, but they got to be careful about how they go after Barack Obama because there is a base out there, and if there's a feeling that he is being treated unfairly, there's a feeling they are trying to get rid of, take Michelle Obama and those nice two cute kids out of the White House and take his job away from him the American people gave him, there are going to be people who will come out there and turn out."

"We are early in this part of the campaign, but you can count on the nastiness to fire up the base. The nastiness is going to come out. The Limbaughs are just going to let it all hang out, and you will see a response to that. There will be a reaction. Now, I stop and pause, and I wait with bated breath." -- Liberal Washington Post columnist Colby King
Level 1

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652912 May 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So you have no problem with American citizens being denied their vote?
Who's being denied?

Show your photo ID and vote.

Simple as that.
fred

Hamden, CT

#652913 May 29, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the viable babies slaughtered in that heinous partial-birth abortion butchery?
I can link a site that fully describes the procedure if you and your liberal buddies would like..........yall are all for that, aren't ya?
The butchers at Planned Parenthood now will abort perfectly healthy babies of the unwanted sex. There can be no doubt that the abortion is killing a human. Sad.

Planned Parenthood: We Won’t Deny Women Sex-Selection Abortions
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Life News ^| 5/29/2012 | life news

Planned Parenthood officials have responded to today’s expose’ video showing how a staffer at an Austin, Texas planned Parenthood clinic encouraged a woman inquiring about an abortion to determine the gender of her unborn child to have one. Planned Parenthood officials responded to the video in a statement to the liberal Huffington Post and admitted they will not deny women abortions for any reason, including sex-selection abortions.
Level 1

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652914 May 29, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>in New York State, a government issued photo ID is mandatory to play golf on a public course. and after one is photo-ID's, they are required to wear a wrist band ID while on the course (to prevent their giving anyone else their alloted reservation). NYS is run by Democrats.
meanwhile back at the ranch, NY state Democrats have removed fingerprinting as a requirement in new food stamp applications, because they don't want to discourage anyone from applying. so, we can expect the fraudsters to jump back into the program--the ones that disappeared overnight when the fingerprinting was first required.
so, they have no problem fighting fraud on a golf course when players ARE PAYING THE STATE A LARGE FEE; but they have a problem requiring absolute proof of identity when the state is GIVING AWAY away an average of $600 a month to food stamp applicants.
Yet another example of LIBERAL LOGIC.

Complete insanity.
Level 1

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652915 May 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Business has nothing to do with government. One exists to make profit, the other to provide services.
Give yourself an F for even suggesting an analogy there.
As for creampuff questions by the media, during the 2000 campaign, no one challenged Bush on his business ventures, most of which went belly-up. His governorship of Texas was less than impressive.
And when he and Cheney began trotting out all the WMD lies, the press didn't challenge them in the least.
What a pathetic attempt at an excuse for the lamestream media & their cushy treatment of Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

Or is it Barry Soetoro?

Your desperation is GLOWING.

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#652916 May 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would equate taking away the right to vote & denying someone to play golf.
Of course Jane is an idiot, but, to be fair, she is so much more--a racist, unfeeling, brainwashed vile hateful beast.
fred

Hamden, CT

#652917 May 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
People are routinely asked to prove identity for a myriad of trivial reasons everyday. Asserting that proof of identity when voting is an intrusion is absurd in light of the Democrat sponsored massive influx of illegal aliens.

Anyone who opposes photo voter id plans to cheat.
Level 1

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652918 May 29, 2012
azazel wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you not get about paying down our deficit and funding our programs.
let me put this a different way. you like our military. without more tax monies collected we can fund them properly. the middle and low middle class doesnt have it.
tell me why someone making a couple mill a yr should pay less in tax than anyone on this forum.
Do they?

How much of one's money should they be allowed to keep?

How much is "their fair share", according to a liberal?
Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#652919 May 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds of the Martin-Zimmerman confrontation:
BLAM-BLAM-BLAM
Somebody call 9-1-1! He's beating me savagely.
BLAM-BLAM-BLAM
I'm in dire peril!
BLAM
Take one in the head, darkie
BLAM
That'll teach you not to bow more quickly to my esteemed personage.
BLAM
Officers... Thank goodness you arrived. I barely got my gun out in time as this skittles-eating thug confronted and annoyed the hell out of me. Just because I was following him around and calling him the N-word.
Only in your hate-filled mind.
azazel

Spring Lake, NC

#652920 May 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
Dear President Obama,
Please please please do not release any more information about yourself, we know enough. Just look how these rightwing crazies have picked apart your books, taken things out of context and spun things around. Please do not provide these idiots with more material to twist and lie about.
Your Truly,
Homer
dear prez obama please please release all pertinent info. shut the nuts up or at the least allow them to move on.
your truly
Level 1

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652921 May 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Professor, try to keep up now..........she was just pointing out yet another example of liberal logic on display.

Maybe she should speak slower so you libs can grasp the meaning.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#652922 May 29, 2012
azazel wrote:
<quoted text>
come on gramps i expect more. our destruction began when obama was still in high school.
More like when he emerged from lab back in the former Soviet Union.
Level 1

Somewhere, Tennessee

#652923 May 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy ranting without making any sense?
Because that's what you're doing.
Gore was entitled to a recount under Florida state law.
Even the Supreme Court agreed on that point.
But the Court ran out the period of time Gore was allowed to conduct the recount, making it impossible.
And they gave Gore no remedy for that injury, which they themselves inflicted.
State secretary Katherine Harris even acknowledged her office "mistakenly" purged legitimate voters off the rolls.
By "accident".
This, after governor Jeb Bush promised the state to his brother.
How many more clues would you like?
Ha! And just how many re-counts did Spotted Al Bore need?

Keep counting till they could manufacture enough votes for him to be ahead?

Even with his liberal goons there doing the counting, HE STILL NEVER, EVER WON A RE-COUNT.

Get over it.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#652924 May 29, 2012
azazel wrote:
<quoted text>
most of our recent presidents released their records. personally i dont care but shut the masses down just release them. same still stands if you know clinton and bushs records why shouldnt ppl be able to ask about obamas. nothing racist except in your mind.
dont have a wife but if you got head from her yep that would be sex.
Only to some degree,

Did Bush release records from Graduate School.

Mitt's past tax returns, for example.Not released.

So what is this non racial reason why the right wingers don't care about the other candidate's records.

Getting head might be sex but having sex with someone is intercourse.
cway

United States

#652925 May 29, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic attempt at an excuse for the lamestream media & their cushy treatment of Barack HUSSEIN Obama.
Or is it Barry Soetoro?
Your desperation is GLOWING.
My citing the cushy treatment given Bush by the press is a fact.

Did they take Bush to task for outing a CIA operative? No.

Your evasion of this and other facts shows how desperate you are.
fred

Hamden, CT

#652926 May 29, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Jane is an idiot, but, to be fair, she is so much more--a racist, unfeeling, brainwashed vile hateful beast.
finicky flukers accuse jay says of which they are most guilty. Projection is a mental defect widespread among red diaper baby nymphomaniac fluker sluts.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#652927 May 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Dave a lot of people died for the right to play golf. Oh wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 12 hr barry 1,565
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr zazz 98,126
News Convicted rapist indicted in 1993 Orange County... (May '09) 16 hr patty 39
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 16 hr Princess Hey 13,058
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 16 hr Princess Hey 19,079
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 20 hr WasteWater 1,261
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr litesong 60,655

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages