Poinciana gets OK for 60-bed hospital

Capping a nearly three-year battle, residents in this unincorporated community straddling the Osceola-Polk border learned Thursday they will finally get their hospital. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 19, 2009
This is welcomed news to the residents of Poinciana. No one should have to take the risk of dying while being transported almost twenty miles away to reach a hospital for medical care. Shame on St. Cloud officials for attempting to block this project.
Johnny Utah

United States

#2 Mar 24, 2009
"Good things happened this year Obama is in the White House and we're getting the hospital," Brown, 66, said. "All we need now is Obama's universal-health-care bill to pass [so we can] go to the hospital." -----

Everything is free, noone has to work for anything, uncle Bama is going to take care of us all. MY EYE!!

Seeing how Poinciana has the highest foreclosure rate in the county, I bet "Osceola Regional officials" are falling all over themselves to start breaking ground on construction. This is one of those moments when someone gets what they want, but doesn't have a clue on how it's going to happen. "We won, now someone come and build us something." Anyone want to bet on which gets built first, Commuter Rail or Poinciana Hospital?
And for GOParty of Apathy - Poinciana has one of the biggest fire stations in the county. FYI "Advanced Life Support"(ALS) and the "Golden Hour" in this area is well supported by dedicated County Emergency Medical Services.
Jeanne

Lakeland, FL

#3 Mar 25, 2009
Poinciana has the biggest foreclouseure rate in the county? True

Is Poinciana the #1 market to buy newer homes in the county? True

Many young couples are taking advantage of low prices homes? True

There's more kids and family oriented activities in Poinciana? True

Do Poinciana need a hospital for all families, kids and our elderlys? True

Are we going to get the well deserve hospital that more than 60k residents have been hoping for? True

Are non-poinciana residents wasting their time posting here when they have no idea how wonderful is living in this growing community? 100% true

And FYI the housing crisis is not due to people trying to get out of here, the fact is that when the massive construction of houses were taking place, people wanted to pay anything as long as they get a piece of this paradise, they were buying houses for $215k + and now with the economic crisis they just couldn't afford them. Of course the foreclousure crisis is not as noticeable in other places were most are older homes that were bought for much less YEARS back or pass generation to generations. But go to any new project in Orlando, Kissimmee or elsewhere you will see that there's huge amoutn of houses in foreclousure, newer homes 2001 up. We have the biggest rate because most of our homes are new and here is were most new constructions took place.
Just a thought

Altamonte Springs, FL

#4 Mar 29, 2009
Jeanne wrote:
Poinciana has the biggest foreclouseure rate in the county? True
Is Poinciana the #1 market to buy newer homes in the county? True
Many young couples are taking advantage of low prices homes? True
There's more kids and family oriented activities in Poinciana? True
Do Poinciana need a hospital for all families, kids and our elderlys? True
Are we going to get the well deserve hospital that more than 60k residents have been hoping for? True
Are non-poinciana residents wasting their time posting here when they have no idea how wonderful is living in this growing community? 100% true
And FYI the housing crisis is not due to people trying to get out of here, the fact is that when the massive construction of houses were taking place, people wanted to pay anything as long as they get a piece of this paradise, they were buying houses for $215k + and now with the economic crisis they just couldn't afford them. Of course the foreclousure crisis is not as noticeable in other places were most are older homes that were bought for much less YEARS back or pass generation to generations. But go to any new project in Orlando, Kissimmee or elsewhere you will see that there's huge amoutn of houses in foreclousure, newer homes 2001 up. We have the biggest rate because most of our homes are new and here is were most new constructions took place.
Poinciana grew so fast because "speculator" were trying to flip houses trying to make a quick buck and got stuck with the property and now the tax payer's are stuck with the bill..True.
There is no real industry in Poinciana to support that many people. True
Poinicana is an area that is and will be supported by government subsidy's & medical care. True
"IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME... IF YOU DON'T MAYBE THEY WILL MOVE"!!!
Johnny Utah

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2009
Sorry Jeanne, but you must not ever leave Poinciana, to believe most of what you've written. I won't be holding my breath for Kiss. Hosp. to start construction, nor for you to validate the need for another hospital in this county. Here's an idea, instead of living off other county residents, why not incorporate, collect taxes, fund what ever the supposed City of Poinciana wants. I wonder how great you'd claim it to be then?
Jeanne

Lakeland, FL

#6 Apr 12, 2009
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Poinciana grew so fast because "speculator" were trying to flip houses trying to make a quick buck and got stuck with the property and now the tax payer's are stuck with the bill..True.
There is no real industry in Poinciana to support that many people. True
Poinicana is an area that is and will be supported by government subsidy's & medical care. True
"IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME... IF YOU DON'T MAYBE THEY WILL MOVE"!!!
Are you for real? We live 20 minutes from a tourist area and industry is all around Osceola and Polk county. I moved fro PA just 6 months ago, and probably making more than you. There's plenty of job out there, and fyi all the young families in my street wake up at 7am to go out and WORK. There's no need for goverment aids here. Do a litlle more research because I came with facts (My dad is a Real Stete agent and advisor)... you came with opinions.
Jeanne

Lakeland, FL

#7 Apr 12, 2009
Johnny Utah wrote:
Sorry Jeanne, but you must not ever leave Poinciana, to believe most of what you've written. I won't be holding my breath for Kiss. Hosp. to start construction, nor for you to validate the need for another hospital in this county. Here's an idea, instead of living off other county residents, why not incorporate, collect taxes, fund what ever the supposed City of Poinciana wants. I wonder how great you'd claim it to be then?
Live off other county residents? What? Did you ever sent me a check?

lol And btw I bought my house cash, so if I ever want to leave Poinciana, there's no string attached, I can even give it to you if I feel like.

If Poinciana do incorporates as its own city, then we'll see but for now we are part of Osceola and Polk and we have the same rights as any other residents from them.
Johnny Utah

Albany, OH

#8 Apr 16, 2009
Jeanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Live off other county residents? What? Did you ever sent me a check?
lol And btw I bought my house cash, so if I ever want to leave Poinciana, there's no string attached, I can even give it to you if I feel like.
If Poinciana do incorporates as its own city, then we'll see but for now we are part of Osceola and Polk and we have the same rights as any other residents from them.
Wow, I'm so happy for you to have the ability to live that American dream. Your parent must be proud of you. Good luck giving that house away. If in fact you paid cash for it six months ago, it should be worth lots of money in today's market. Your a Winner!
kiki

Gainesville, FL

#9 Nov 17, 2009
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ALL OF THE PR LEAVE POINCIANA IT WILL BE A BETTER PLACE AND MAYBE BETTER LIVING AND MORE JOBS THEY CAME FROM PR AND BRINGING SO MUCH CRIME TO THIS SMALL AREA THAT NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE HERE ANY MORE AND YES THEIR IS A LOT OF HOUSES FOR SALE AND FORECLOSURES DUE TO THIS FACT LOOK IT UP PLS
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Poinciana grew so fast because "speculator" were trying to flip houses trying to make a quick buck and got stuck with the property and now the tax payer's are stuck with the bill..True.
There is no real industry in Poinciana to support that many people. True
Poinicana is an area that is and will be supported by government subsidy's & medical care. True
"IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME... IF YOU DON'T MAYBE THEY WILL MOVE"!!!
Touch

Orlando, FL

#10 Nov 17, 2009
Dude you have your facts wrong...You need to attend anger management classes..before you hurt somebody...Bet you one of those people who blame the Federal for everything that does not go your way....
Johnny Utah wrote:
"Good things happened this year Obama is in the White House and we're getting the hospital," Brown, 66, said. "All we need now is Obama's universal-health-care bill to pass [so we can] go to the hospital." -----
Everything is free, noone has to work for anything, uncle Bama is going to take care of us all. MY EYE!!
Seeing how Poinciana has the highest foreclosure rate in the county, I bet "Osceola Regional officials" are falling all over themselves to start breaking ground on construction. This is one of those moments when someone gets what they want, but doesn't have a clue on how it's going to happen. "We won, now someone come and build us something." Anyone want to bet on which gets built first, Commuter Rail or Poinciana Hospital?
And for GOParty of Apathy - Poinciana has one of the biggest fire stations in the county. FYI "Advanced Life Support"(ALS) and the "Golden Hour" in this area is well supported by dedicated County Emergency Medical Services.
Wake Up

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Nov 18, 2009
Johnny Utah wrote:
"Good things happened this year Obama is in the White House and we're getting the hospital," Brown, 66, said. "All we need now is Obama's universal-health-care bill to pass [so we can] go to the hospital." -----
Everything is free, noone has to work for anything, uncle Bama is going to take care of us all. MY EYE!!
Seeing how Poinciana has the highest foreclosure rate in the county, I bet "Osceola Regional officials" are falling all over themselves to start breaking ground on construction. This is one of those moments when someone gets what they want, but doesn't have a clue on how it's going to happen. "We won, now someone come and build us something." Anyone want to bet on which gets built first, Commuter Rail or Poinciana Hospital?
And for GOParty of Apathy - Poinciana has one of the biggest fire stations in the county. FYI "Advanced Life Support"(ALS) and the "Golden Hour" in this area is well supported by dedicated County Emergency Medical Services.
If it ever gets built be prepared to wait forever to see a doctor. The annointed one, I mean Pres. Obama, has not figured out how to flood the market with millions on new patients, add no new doctors, and still get these people treated.
Very True

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Nov 18, 2009
kiki wrote:
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ALL OF THE PR LEAVE POINCIANA IT WILL BE A BETTER PLACE AND MAYBE BETTER LIVING AND MORE JOBS THEY CAME FROM PR AND BRINGING SO MUCH CRIME TO THIS SMALL AREA THAT NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE HERE ANY MORE AND YES THEIR IS A LOT OF HOUSES FOR SALE AND FORECLOSURES DUE TO THIS FACT LOOK IT UP PLS
<quoted text>
I lived there.....I got the sense to move out....let them shoot and rob each other.....
Anonymous

Brandon, FL

#13 Nov 15, 2012
Horrible place to live. I moved their from up north because I had family in the area. Let's just say I RAN as fast as I could. What is ,messing it up is homes being turned into duplexes. And now they have low cost apartments which isn't making things better. Stay away
REDNECK

De Leon Springs, FL

#14 Nov 18, 2012
They need a wall around that place so the scumbags can't get out, razorwire and armed cops at all the ways in and out of Poinciana, well hell just turn it in to a prison and don't let any ricans out unless they move back to N.Y.C only.
dan

Orlando, FL

#15 Nov 29, 2012
These racist fucktards are probably extremely confused individuals who have lots of inner personal conflicts going on. I wouldn't be surprised if they were closeted homosexuals. You guys are a fucking disgrace to regular white people. Grow some balls and learn how to accept people and give them an honest chance first at least. Don't blindly hate someone or an entire group of people that you have no met personally. Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

Wake up morons.

White people are dwindling, oh the irony. And I am white, but am embarrassed towards any person of any race who is irrationally judgmental.

These native white folk from Florida are a seriously gross breed. No class, and ugly as fuck. Most hispanic families I meet in Poinciana are friendly as heck and open to getting to know me. Unlike you fucktards who shun strangers away and act superior. Try to look at that scenario from a different perspective. Though I'm sure you probably didn't understand any of this message because you're a hick with poor reading comprehension.

Long story short, there are a bunch of dumb ass fucking white people in FL, And I give them the time of day first before judging them. I much prefer the browns.
dan

Orlando, FL

#16 Nov 29, 2012
And don't make me have to remind you that the North won, and we're simply showing up to claim whats ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Liberal Retardation 1,115,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min mjjcpa 47,080
What life is like for Casey Anthony 58 min A duck 262
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 1 hr missattempts 121
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 1 hr missattempts 316
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr Anne 96,468
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Bonergram 488,316
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]