Mother: Casey Anthony's Acquittal A Sign From God

Sep 14, 2011 Full story: KFOXTV 43

Casey Anthony's acquittal on murder charges was a sign from God that her daughter Caylee's death was an accident, Cindy Anthony said in a television interview aired Wednesday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Blah Blah Blah”

Level 3

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 14, 2011
I watched the Anthony's on the Dr. Phil show Tues and Wed. Typically I don't agree with Dr. Phil, nor do I watch his show on a regular basis. IMO, Casey's Mom knows that her daughter is a moster who not only probably killed her daughter but lied about Caylee's whereabouts for 31 days and continuing with her lies once she reported her daughter missing.

She even tried to compare Casey killing her granddaughter to her husbands gambling issues.

When she started to go down the 'sign from God' garbage, it is apparent that Mrs Anthony has NOT begun to deal with the tragic death / murder of her grandaughter.

I hope that Dr Phil ensures that she, George and the brother all get the proper counseling to deal with this tradgedy.

BTW - as corny as her 'sign from God' scenario, what mother is really going to bad mouth their daughter on national tv?
reflective days

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2011
why can't cindy anthony have 'signs from god'- but richard grund hears voices of god and has open visions of christian faith?

it's a little hypocritical.

he's not special or a "prophet" or "a chosen one".

if he can get signs from god then so can cindy.

“reflect, learn, then move on”

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 15, 2011
reflective days wrote:
why can't cindy anthony have 'signs from god'- but richard grund hears voices of god and has open visions of christian faith?
it's a little hypocritical.
he's not special or a "prophet" or "a chosen one".
if he can get signs from god then so can cindy.
2 true
Gone too soon

Allentown, PA

#4 Sep 15, 2011
reflective days wrote:
why can't cindy anthony have 'signs from god'- but richard grund hears voices of god and has open visions of christian faith?
it's a little hypocritical.
he's not special or a "prophet" or "a chosen one".
if he can get signs from god then so can cindy.
Everyone at some time in their life, uses religion or God to find an explanation for something, or to excuse themselves from something or a situation. Many of us try to find an explanation for something we otherwise don't have any for and we sometimes or often rely on God for that answer. Ironically, throughout history, many people have been murdered in the name of religion and God. Many battles were fought to win and take control over others and their territories and religion was almost always at the forefront. Torture and executions were used to gain power and control and went against the very ideals of their so called religious agendas. So if Cindy claims Casey's verdict was an act of God, does that also mean that Caylee's death was too? See how ridiculous that concept is? Of there is a God, he gave us a brain to think with. He doesn't create the scenarios - we do, and we are left to decide how to fix them. Whether one believes in the 10 commandments or not, they are still good laws to live by; one of which is - Thou shall not kill. Of course anyone can argue that in life, nature is not perfect, nor is mankind, and therefore, unfortunate events occur; sometimes as a result of our own selfishness, greed and callousness, or because of carelessness or illness. Religion and nature leaves some questions unanswered as to who we really are as a species/civilization and why some kill and others don't or never would.

“Peace be with you.”

Level 4

Since: Aug 08

Clermont-ferrand, France

#5 Sep 15, 2011
Suckeyes wrote:
I watched the Anthony's on the Dr. Phil show Tues and Wed. Typically I don't agree with Dr. Phil, nor do I watch his show on a regular basis. IMO, Casey's Mom knows that her daughter is a moster who not only probably killed her daughter but lied about Caylee's whereabouts for 31 days and continuing with her lies once she reported her daughter missing.
She even tried to compare Casey killing her granddaughter to her husbands gambling issues.
When she started to go down the 'sign from God' garbage, it is apparent that Mrs Anthony has NOT begun to deal with the tragic death / murder of her grandaughter.
I hope that Dr Phil ensures that she, George and the brother all get the proper counseling to deal with this tradgedy.
BTW - as corny as her 'sign from God' scenario, what mother is really going to bad mouth their daughter on national tv?
I think Cindy is trying to get Casey back in her life and the only way Cindy can talk to Casey is through national television. Casey's attorney's do not want Casey to see her family.. I think Cindy knows her theory sounds ridiculous but she only needs Casey to believe her.

Unfortunately, for Cindy, I am sure Casey's attorney's will tell her not to fall for the bait.

However, I could be completely wrong and Cindy may be stuck in the denial stage of grief.
If that's the case, I do hope she gets the help she needs.

“Peace be with you.”

Level 4

Since: Aug 08

Clermont-ferrand, France

#6 Sep 15, 2011
reflective days wrote:
why can't cindy anthony have 'signs from god'- but richard grund hears voices of god and has open visions of christian faith?
it's a little hypocritical.
he's not special or a "prophet" or "a chosen one".
if he can get signs from god then so can cindy.
Cindy's sign from God is a desperate coping tool to allow her to not have to deal with the fact her daughter murdered her granddaughter.

Cindy maybe only able to cope with Caylee's death and remain in denial of Casey's issues until she have recovered from Caylee's death.

Denial is powerful defense mechanism.
reflective days

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2011
TomSawyer65 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cindy's sign from God is a desperate coping tool
and richard's sign from god (or elvis) is because he's batsht crazy.
< in my opinion >
reflective days

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2011
Gone too soon wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone at some time in their life, uses religion or God to find an explanation for something, or to excuse themselves from something or a situation.
richard uses it as an excuse to bully and threaten people on the internet.

cindy uses it to try to make sense of a senseless tragedy.

one has a pure heart and tries to see the good in everything.
< cindy >

the other is a self-serving and self-absorbed raving lunatic - whose mirror image son was probably somehow involved to some extent on june 16, 2008.

< in my opinion >

“Peace be with you.”

Level 4

Since: Aug 08

Clermont-ferrand, France

#9 Sep 15, 2011
reflective days wrote:
<quoted text>
and richard's sign from god (or elvis) is because he's batsht crazy.
< in my opinion >
I don't care anything about Richard and his signs from Elvis or God..........or the overly useless assumptions about Jessie. It's a useless waste of time.

“Blah Blah Blah”

Level 3

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 15, 2011
reflective days wrote:
<quoted text>
and richard's sign from god (or elvis) is because he's batsht crazy.
< in my opinion >
Perhaps Mrs Anthony is crazier than a bat. I probably would be too if my daughter murdered my grandchild. To add to the craziness this woman's worst nightmare came true and it played out on national/world tv. As crazy as all her excuses sound, I feel empathy for her and George.

Cindy makes all kinds of excuses for Casey while George has had his entire character smeared by Casey to cause reasonable doubt in her trial. George being a gambler, does not make him a killer. Or a sociopath.
reflective days

United States

#11 Sep 15, 2011
Suckeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Mrs Anthony is crazier than a bat. I probably would be too if my daughter murdered my grandchild. To add to the craziness this woman's worst nightmare came true and it played out on national/world tv. As crazy as all her excuses sound, I feel empathy for her and George.
Cindy makes all kinds of excuses for Casey while George has had his entire character smeared by Casey to cause reasonable doubt in her trial. George being a gambler, does not make him a killer. Or a sociopath.
yeah.........crappy thing to do to george after blaming roy kronk for two years.

but casey being a liar doesn't make her a killer or sociopath either.

attempts to reach jesse to ask him about casey's seizure in november 2007 have been unsuccessful.

“Blah Blah Blah”

Level 3

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Sep 15, 2011
reflective days wrote:
yeah.........crappy thing to do to george after blaming roy kronk for two years.
but casey being a liar doesn't make her a killer or sociopath either.
attempts to reach jesse to ask him about casey's seizure in november 2007 have been unsuccessful.
Lying about her daughters whereabouts makes Casey more of a murderer than George. Many people ask why Casey waited so long to report her daughter missing, well, why report her missing when you know she is dead? Most murderers don't tip off the police to where their victims bodies are. Even Caylee's death was an accident, why the elaborate cover up? Nothing about Casey makes any sense.

“Blah Blah Blah”

Level 3

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Sep 15, 2011
TomSawyer65 wrote:
I think Cindy is trying to get Casey back in her life and the only way Cindy can talk to Casey is through national television. Casey's attorney's do not want Casey to see her family.. I think Cindy knows her theory sounds ridiculous but she only needs Casey to believe her.
Unfortunately, for Cindy, I am sure Casey's attorney's will tell her not to fall for the bait.
However, I could be completely wrong and Cindy may be stuck in the denial stage of grief.
If that's the case, I do hope she gets the help she needs.
Your theory makes sense as well.

What I can't figure out, if Casey didn't do anything wrong, why not go to your parents? It isn't likely that Cindy and George will murder Casey.

Cindy in my opinion, is in denial based on the 'crazy' talk. George is hoping he is wrong, but imo, he realizes that his wishes are more than likely not true.

I wonder how the brother is doing with all this?
reflective days

United States

#14 Sep 15, 2011
come on hypocrite people.......

what role would "God" have played in the unlikely event of a GUILTY verdict?

25 %

50 %

75 %

100 %

y'all can't say you wouldn't be crediting god for a conviction!

you're prolly the same people who think god is responsible for good quarterbacks.
God

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Sep 15, 2011
The only reason I watched is cause I heard the "Dr" was going to waterboard that headcase shrew.

NO, I didn't influence the decision of that brain dead jury.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Suckeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Mrs Anthony is crazier than a bat. I probably would be too if my daughter murdered my grandchild. To add to the craziness this woman's worst nightmare came true and it played out on national/world tv. As crazy as all her excuses sound, I feel empathy for her and George.
Cindy makes all kinds of excuses for Casey while George has had his entire character smeared by Casey to cause reasonable doubt in her trial. George being a gambler, does not make him a killer. Or a sociopath.
Wrong animal...Cindy's not crazy like a bat, Cindy's crazy like a fox. She no more believes her bullchit than we do! She needs a reason to come back to the cameras, like a sequel, where she can make more money for the "foundation" by saying "OK OK I see clearly now". She's a consumate liar like her whore daughter.
I hate Cindy Anthony more than ever now and any sympathy I once had is long gone. Psycho beotch!
candy

East Lansing, MI

#17 Sep 15, 2011
I completely agree Real Topaz! If there is anyone that could take away her KILLER kid's title as the most hated person in America, it's Cindy. Oh yes, she's crazy like a fox, that's why she REFUSED to tell cops whaat her mother and others told them, that there was A HUGE FIGHT between the enabler in chief and her evil kid, which prompted Casey to leave the house with Caylee. The jury never heard that. She DELIBERATELY destroyed evidence, Fabreezing down the entire car, and every thing else that SMELLED LIKE A DEAD BODY IN THE DAMN CAR. She willingly PERJURED herself for her brat, LYING and saying the chlorophorm searches were from her. Read her emails to her brother Rick, she's NEVER, EVER wanted to know the truth about her, even LYING that the 6 and a half months pregnant FUTURE KILLER was pregnant. She's always been about what will the neighbors think, and I'll just keep lying and people won't know the truth about us. Did I mention these two grifters don't work either? She's done every conceivable thing to lie, cover up and excuse MURDER. Caylee was very badly served by this TERRIBLE excuse for a mother, who threw Caylee under the bus to further enable Caylee's MURDERER.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#18 Sep 15, 2011
Cindy's disasterous performance on Dr. Phil KILLS any book deal sales for this SORRY WOMAN. No one will pay a cent to read her further enable the brat of hers that turned into a MURDERER.
Peter the Party Animal

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Sep 16, 2011
I happen to know the accused tot killer acted strangely due to an infection similar to mad cow disease. She was consuming undercooked meat on a regular basis.
reflective days

United States

#20 Sep 17, 2011
candy wrote:
Cindy's disasterous performance on Dr. Phil KILLS any book deal sales for this SORRY WOMAN.
she's going to have a movie deal. who needs a book?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 min zazz 96,692
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 27 min Top of the day 2 ya 490,362
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 4 hr Sick of Bigots an... 10
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr flo 70,620
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr OzRitz 49,304
Review: ABC Used Auto Parts $$ cash for junk ca... 13 hr Obviously Obvious 2
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:09 am PST

NBC Sports11:09AM
Sen'Derrick Marks: Pro Bowl balloting is BS if I don't make it
Bleacher Report 9:58 PM
Predicting Bucs' Biggest Offseason Roster Moves
NBC Sports 5:27 AM
Bucs control their own destiny for top pick in the 2015 NFL Draft
NBC Sports11:18 AM
Josh McCown not ready to retire
Bleacher Report 1:23 PM
Previewing Buccaneers' 2015 Free Agency