Jury finds Casey Anthony not guilty o...

Jury finds Casey Anthony not guilty of murder

There are 13665 comments on the news.blogs.cnn.com story from Jul 5, 2011, titled Jury finds Casey Anthony not guilty of murder. In it, news.blogs.cnn.com reports that:

Casey Anthony has been found not guilty of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. She was also found not guilty of aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.blogs.cnn.com.

“REMEMBER (SMILE) GOD LOVES YOU”

Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Mentor on the Lake

#14284 Dec 29, 2011
_yernogood- wrote:
It’s over your head Karl. The belief in god is evil enough as it is. Religion is the cause of ALL bad in the world; god is the reason for ALL war!
Yern I think that maybe it is over the both of our heads you know? You and I are attempting top convince each other of things we both refuse to believe. LOL, I believe what the person who is known as "crazy" is right, LOL, really. Anyway I am sorry that I keep going on like the energizer bunny. I am not normally this persistent; besides how else can my rating get higher, my level is a 4 because of this post alone, LOL. God bless.
P.S Sorry, I have it in me to do this. Yern blaming God is like blaming the gun for killing. Is it the gun or is it the person who kills.:-)
Its a mad mad world

Emmaus, PA

#14285 Dec 29, 2011
_yernogood- wrote:
It’s over your head Karl. The belief in god is evil enough as it is. Religion is the cause of ALL bad in the world; god is the reason for ALL war!
Greed and power are behind the reasons for war, and God is the scapegoat for man's evil intentions.
ooooo

Japan

#14286 Dec 30, 2011
Casey needs to be chopped to bits and fed to the Chinese cannibals.

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#14287 Dec 30, 2011
Its a mad mad world wrote:
<quoted text>
Greed and power are behind the reasons for war, and God is the scapegoat for man's evil intentions.
That’s a popular belief. But if you think the moslums hate us because of power, you’re deeply misinformed.
Wondering

Azle, TX

#14288 Dec 30, 2011
Why r u all not able to let go of this topic? It's crazy, who wil out do who?
I'm in Texas wondering what's with this obsession about Casey? She's gotten on with her life, why can't all of u? She's doesn't deserve the time n attention, that my opinion, good day!

Level 4

Mentor on the Lake

#14289 Dec 30, 2011
Wondering wrote:
I'm in Texas wondering what's with this obsession about Casey? She's gotten on with her life, why can't all of u? She's doesn't deserve the time n attention, that my opinion, good day!
Thank you for asking a good question wondering. If you were to ask me may I answer it by saying, my obsession is not with Casey totally. My obsession comes from in my opinion a failed system, even Yern agrees with that, and why it broke and maybe figure out how it can be fixed. I personally feel bad for people like Casey and would rather encourage her to face up to this. I do also have and obsession with arguing with people that like to argue with me, sorry that you had to read all of that. I really would like to have an intelligent debate with some people and that in that conversation that one of us is convinced of the other personas argument. I really think that Yern and I agree with each other,(my nemesis, LOL.) but he or she does not give me credit where credit is due. I say simple if Casey is guilty, why was she not charged with this crime and that if she is guilty anything less than guilty is a failed system, period. How am I wrong, debate? God bless.
Its a mad mad world

Emmaus, PA

#14290 Dec 30, 2011
Karl Hubrath wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking a good question wondering. If you were to ask me may I answer it by saying, my obsession is not with Casey totally. My obsession comes from in my opinion a failed system, even Yern agrees with that, and why it broke and maybe figure out how it can be fixed. I personally feel bad for people like Casey and would rather encourage her to face up to this. I do also have and obsession with arguing with people that like to argue with me, sorry that you had to read all of that. I really would like to have an intelligent debate with some people and that in that conversation that one of us is convinced of the other personas argument. I really think that Yern and I agree with each other,(my nemesis, LOL.) but he or she does not give me credit where credit is due. I say simple if Casey is guilty, why was she not charged with this crime and that if she is guilty anything less than guilty is a failed system, period. How am I wrong, debate? God bless.
I believe most of believed and still believe Casey murdered her child. Most of the jurors may have felt that way too, but they were instructed not to go with their feelings about the case, but on evidence alone. I personally thought the evidence showed that Casey was trying to hide the circumstances surrounding Caylee's death. According to Casey; first Caylee was missing, then abducted. Later when Caylee's remains were found, after everyone knew Casey had lied and had the odor of decomp in her car, did she finally admit that she knew Caylee was dead; yet she continued to lie again, by claiming it was an accident and blaming her own father. There were so many theories thrown in by the defense, and with a completely decomposed victim and no fingerprints or dna to put Casey definitely and exactly at the scene of the crime, the jurors felt uneasy about Casey getting the needle or sitting in jail for the rest of her life. Many people are not comfortable with that unless they have all the cards on the table. To me, it was still clear she was involved with Caylee's death and I still believe it was an intentional act of murder by Casey, but the jurors didn't feel comfortable convicting her because of the possible theory scenarios thrown in by the defense and lack of 100% proof. We may believe Casey is 100% guilty; and by all accounts, it certainly seems that way, but in a courtroom, circumstantial - however strong, is not always enough in the jurors eyes to convict someone of murder in the first degree. If a lesser sentence had been offered, perhaps Casey would be sitting in jail for manslaughter or at least child neglect. There are those who believe although Casey was guilty, it wasn't proved, and so the system worked the way it was supposed to. I have a problem with lawyers who lie and make up false witnesses and theories even though they know damn well their client is guilty as sin. Just the same, it is just as important for the prosecution to be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. In my opinion, Casey showed fairly well that she was guilty of this crime, but without fingerprints or dna and the DP on the table; these jurors were not confident to assume that she personally committed the crime. Perhaps these particular jurors were not confident, period. That is why proper and careful selection and screening of prospective jurors is so important, particularly in a high profile murder case.

Level 4

Mentor on the Lake

#14291 Jan 1, 2012
<quoted text>
I believe most of believed and still believe Casey murdered her child. Most of the jurors may have felt that way too, but they were instructed not to go with their feelings about the case, but on evidence alone. I personally thought the evidence showed that Casey was trying to hide the circumstances surrounding Caylee's death. According to Casey; first Caylee was missing, then abducted. Later when Caylee's remains were found, after everyone knew Casey had lied and had the odor of decomp in her car, did she finally admit that she knew Caylee was dead; yet she continued to lie again, by claiming it was an accident and blaming her own father. There were so many theories thrown in by the defense, and with a completely decomposed victim and no fingerprints or dna to put Casey definitely and exactly at the scene of the crime, the jurors felt uneasy about Casey getting the needle or sitting in jail for the rest of her life. Many people are not comfortable with that unless they have all the cards on the table. To me, it was still clear she was involved with Caylee's death and I still believe it was an intentional act of murder by Casey, but the jurors didn't feel comfortable convicting her because of the possible theory scenarios thrown in by the defense and lack of 100% proof. We may believe Casey is 100% guilty; and by all accounts, it certainly seems that way, but in a courtroom, circumstantial - however strong, is not always enough in the jurors eyes to convict someone of murder in the first degree. If a lesser sentence had been offered, perhaps Casey would be sitting in jail for manslaughter or at least child neglect. There are those who believe although Casey was guilty, it wasn't proved, and so the system worked the way it was supposed to. I have a problem with lawyers who lie and make up false witnesses and theories even though they know damn well their client is guilty as sin. Just the same, it is just as important for the prosecution to be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. In my opinion, Casey showed fairly well that she was guilty of this crime, but without fingerprints or dna and the DP on the table; these jurors were not confident to assume that she personally committed the crime. Perhaps these particular jurors were not confident, period. That is why proper and careful selection and screening of prospective jurors is so important, particularly in a high profile murder case.
Thank you Mad mad world for your comment, I agree to it.I believe what you said is true and that you also [pointed out the problem. I would hope that if the system was to truly be correct, it would throw this case out " without prejudice." I think that without prejudice means that there is not enough evidence to make a decision, however the case is still open. I feel that you are light years ahead of anybody on this chat so far, God bless.
Wondering

Fort Worth, TX

#14292 Jan 2, 2012
Yes she dud murder her precious daughter, but she covered it so well, that no one could find her guilty even if she would have left prints everywhere. Now she will write a book on how to murder your kid n get away with it....just wait!!!
Its a mad mad world

Emmaus, PA

#14293 Jan 2, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Yes she dud murder her precious daughter, but she covered it so well, that no one could find her guilty even if she would have left prints everywhere. Now she will write a book on how to murder your kid n get away with it....just wait!!!
I don't think Casey was necessarily all that clever. She was definitely lucky to have parents to lie for her and help cover up and get rid of evidence that could have very likely proved beyond a reasonable doubt, that she was guilty. Yet, nothing can erase the fact that Casey never reported her child missing, although we all know Caylee was already dead. Casey's behavior while her child was supposedly missing is another red flag. Any fingerprints or dna left behind by Casey were either removed by her or her parents and possibly her brother. I have to admit I've never seen parents cover and lie for their daughter like the Anthonys had. Just the same, they will still be taunted and haunted for the rest of their lives, because nothing can ever erase what happened to their sweet and unfortunate granddaughter. The worst part is that a person they happen to love, is the reason for all of their nightmares. As for Casey ever writing a book, it will never convey the real truth about what happened; only some fictional and delusional account that will undoubtedly make Casey look like the victim.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14294 Jan 6, 2012
Bumped for bonus
Just Sayin

United States

#14295 Jan 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't think Casey was necessarily all that clever. She was definitely lucky to have parents to lie for her and help cover up and get rid of evidence that could have very likely proved beyond a reasonable doubt, that she was guilty. Yet, nothing can erase the fact that Casey never reported her child missing, although we all know Caylee was already dead. Casey's behavior while her child was supposedly missing is another red flag. Any fingerprints or dna left behind by Casey were either removed by her or her parents and possibly her brother. I have to admit I've never seen parents cover and lie for their daughter like the Anthonys had. Just the same, they will still be taunted and haunted for the rest of their lives, because nothing can ever erase what happened to their sweet and unfortunate granddaughter. The worst part is that a person they happen to love, is the reason for all of their nightmares. As for Casey ever writing a book, it will never convey the real truth about what happened; only some fictional and delusional account that will undoubtedly make Casey look like the victim.
Now that the media attention has died down (somewhat), G & C must look at each other at the end of the day and realize that they threw Caylee under the bus by lying about her skank murderous mother. The jurors only listened to the defense in the case and turned a blind eye to the prosecution. Even when C was caught in the lies on the stand they still did not believe it.
Wondering

Fort Worth, TX

#14296 Jan 6, 2012
C n G should feel guilty! How do they sleep at night? Sorry grandparents! They not only created a monster of a daughter, they covered up the murder of their granddaughter! How sick is that? They will live a life in hell now, n they deserve no less.......
Weird Science

Spring, TX

#14297 Jul 3, 2013
It's not going to keep me from going out to eat to night and finding a place to shop for hours. The discount stores have crapola for clothes. I'd rather buy quality clothes on sale, if possible. I'm donating all of my clothes pre 2013 to Goodwill.

“I'm the Texas Dingbat.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14298 Jul 3, 2013
Translation: Hello Micky D's and Walmart!! woohoo!!!
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#14299 Aug 2, 2013
SpringTexasDingbat wrote:
That sounds about right for you, Spooky M.

Sorry, but Darwin outed you.
The Saint

Spring, TX

#14300 Mar 19, 2015
Since you must know, I shop at Whole Foods and buy my clothes in the junior section of almost any place except Walmart. There's just something about that store I don't like.
Truluck

Spring, TX

#14301 Mar 21, 2015
Wondering wrote:
I don't call scrubbing toilets for "Chainey" Mason getting on with your life. She has absolutely nothing and still is a Leech. Lee and Leech. I like it.
Texas_Ave

Spring, TX

#14302 Apr 1, 2015
SpringTexasDingbat wrote:
Jealous much? If someone made me go spend a week with a stepkid that wasn't mine, I'd find a way to get out of it.

Back to Casey: Who cares what happens to her? I saw people out her as either a psychopath or a paranoid schizophrenic, making up stories about someone snatching her child while she is out filling her cart at target to the rim with overflow underneath. WTF was she buying so much of and with whose money? Planning her Robert Durst fugitive on the lam escape? She isn't smart enough and didn't have enough $$$

“Just a nice Bird”

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

a bathtub built for two

#14303 Apr 1, 2015
Texas_Ave wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous much? If someone made me go spend a week with a stepkid that wasn't mine, I'd find a way to get out of it.
Back to Casey: Who cares what happens to her? I saw people out her as either a psychopath or a paranoid schizophrenic, making up stories about someone snatching her child while she is out filling her cart at target to the rim with overflow underneath. WTF was she buying so much of and with whose money? Planning her Robert Durst fugitive on the lam escape? She isn't smart enough and didn't have enough $$$
Dont forget you are far more fcked up than Casey Anthony. What you think is freedom of speech is actually you making a complete fool of yourself trying to get some attention in your desperately lonely and looney world of topix. You have fun publishing your mental illness all across the boards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Well Well 1,433,229
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 61,500
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 hr Princess Hey 513,502
real estate attorneys (Jul '09) 19 hr Ketie Holms 2
News Real estate agent isn't a real pro (Nov '08) 19 hr Peter James 25
News Home Sales: Florida's February Home Sales Rise ... (Mar '09) 19 hr Mellisa 54
Looking to meet other single gay men in the Orl... (Jan '12) 20 hr Keith Chance 20

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages