Florida Women subjected to unreasonable driver license documentation

Dec 7, 2010 Full story: www.dmvflorida.org 24

Florida Women beware! The State of Florida DMV in it's usual "intelligent" interpretation of ID requirements single out Woman, requiring them to produce additional identification that Men are not required to produce. First, let's see what kind of information that is required on the postcard form HSMV B71070 DC1050/55/100 PRW1 (REV 06/21/2010). This form briefly informs residents about their Driver License Renewal NEW requirements. It tells you when your license expires and what you need to do to renew it. It does say that you need to bring original or certified copies. Now let me ask you if you consider that Women are victims of over zealousness, paranoia, or just being discriminated against? Read on for an example here in Florida.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lana

Fort Wayne, IN

#23 Apr 18, 2012
I am currently going through this same crap ehre in Indiana....I am jsut happy to find some that agree with me that this is discrimination against women and an invasion of our privacy! And who wants to even think about ex a**holes!
Nashi of Central Florida

Lakeland, FL

#24 Apr 26, 2012
Vitalchek.com will only work if you remember what date you were divorced. It has been over 20 yrs since I changed my name. I had to show documentation when I got my new SS card so if I have to show my SS card to prove I have one should that not be proof of change of name? Shouldn't our government offices communicate with each other more efficiently? What does it matter who or when I was married or divorced, I've been single for over 20 years. My recomendation is women don't take your husband's name and if you do make sure you get custody of the marriage license for the rest of your life.

Requirements as per the state website
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/renewing.html

Proof of Identification = Drivers license? NO? LOL
Proof of social security number
Proof of residential address

Good Luck to all, I go in tomorrow with no divorce decree, I don't remember when it was...LOL
karen

Indianapolis, IN

#25 May 30, 2012
Got the postcard today. I've been married 4 times...3 in the 70's. That era should stay buried in the sands of time. Why should I, because I am female, be charged what a male counterpart would not? I am being financially penalized due to my gender. That IS discrimination. The very least the government should do is make these documents available free of charge.
Judith Smith

Orlando, FL

#27 Mar 22, 2014
Still going on in 2014, I am 71 years young and this will be the first time in over 50 + years I have not had a drivers licence since I cannot on my income come up with all the marriage licence's, Divorce degrees and death
certificates of all my ex's. No not Liz Taylor but I have had a few, Been on SS since 1995 and Born here in the good ole USA but proving that now has come down to a Birth document is not enough and a driver licence that was good enough for all the years is not considered proof. Guess I will no longer be a responsible adult and will be driving with no licence and Insurance. Thank you Florida for turning me into a criminal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Insult Thread (Jul '11) 40 min JessicaAtriedes 32
News Shaq to roast Justin Bieber 1 hr big 4
You May Now Kiss Your Virgin Bride 2 hr Texas_Ave 5
Fifty Shades of Grey Not Enough Decadence for J... 2 hr HELL ON EARTH 13
Violated Virgins 2 hr Texas_Ave 5
4701 Gonzales 4709 Zenaida Grave Markers 2 hr Texas_Ave 5
News Starbucks secret iced coffee ingredient (Jun '09) 2 hr Texas_Ave 21
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,207,932
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Murphey_Law 494,723
Poll Rambler's posts prove? (Dec '11) 3 hr Texas_Ave 81
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]