Florida Women subjected to unreasonab...

Florida Women subjected to unreasonable driver license documentation

There are 25 comments on the www.dmvflorida.org story from Dec 7, 2010, titled Florida Women subjected to unreasonable driver license documentation. In it, www.dmvflorida.org reports that:

Florida Women beware! The State of Florida DMV in it's usual "intelligent" interpretation of ID requirements single out Woman, requiring them to produce additional identification that Men are not required to produce. First, let's see what kind of information that is required on the postcard form HSMV B71070 DC1050/55/100 PRW1 (REV 06/21/2010). This form briefly informs residents about their Driver License Renewal NEW requirements. It tells you when your license expires and what you need to do to renew it. It does say that you need to bring original or certified copies. Now let me ask you if you consider that Women are victims of over zealousness, paranoia, or just being discriminated against? Read on for an example here in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dmvflorida.org.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Woodstock

Orlando, FL

#1 Dec 9, 2010
If there is one thing that burns me up is discrimination of any type and from what you have posted I agree that this obviously is more foolishness enacted by the government to screw up more things than it solves. If for no other reason hasn't the state already accepted the fact that the woman's identity in your scenario already has been well established for over 12 years and unless she is a part of some sleeper cell terrorist group, I can see no reason for her to have to re-establish her identity to renew a license that she has already held for a dozen years in the name that she obviously uses and not the name on her birth certificate or on her social security number. Where is the logic and the common sense in this additional kind of stupidity?
All-777777s

Orlando, FL

#2 Dec 9, 2010
You know this just reminded me that I will be renewing my license soon too and now that you mention it, I got a postcard reminder in the mail. Well, I just looked at the reminder postcard and I have to come up with three marriage certificates. I called the local DMV and they gave me a website vitalchek.com to get all the documentation in one place. So I went to the site and it costs $20 per marriage certificate paid with credit card or paypal and they aren't even the ones that get it for you. Supposedly they establish an order with the appropriate state jurisdiction and then you have to send that agency either a letter with the form filled out that the website emails you or send a fax with additional identification verification information so you can get the information forwarded to you by mail in a couple more weeks. It sounds to me like the state of Florida is hooking us up with some sort of scam. It says on the website that if you follow all of their steps you have no right to a refund if you don't get what you requested. Plus there isn't any live customer service support on the site. I say contact the ACLU and file a discrimination case against women renewing their driver's licenses here in Florida. How about it all you ladies out tere? Let's get the State of Florida to readjust their head back on straight and stop discriminating against women, men don't have to do this, do they???
All-777777s

Orlando, FL

#3 Dec 9, 2010
You know this just reminded me that I will be renewing my license soon too and now that you mention it, I got a postcard reminder in the mail. Well, I just looked at the reminder postcard and I have to come up with three marriage certificates. I called the local DMV and they gave me a website vitalchek.com to get all the documentation in one place. So I went to the site and it costs $20 per marriage certificate paid with credit card or paypal and they aren't even the ones that get it for you. Supposedly they establish an order with the appropriate state jurisdiction and then you have to send that agency either a letter with the form filled out that the website emails you or send a fax with additional identification verification information so you can get the information
forwarded to you by mail in a couple more weeks. It sounds to me like the state of Florida is hooking us up with some sort of scam. It says on the website that if you follow all of their steps you have no right to a refund if you don't get what you requested. Plus there isn't any live customer service support on the site. I say contact the ACLU and file a discrimination case against women renewing their driver's licenses here in Florida. How about it all you ladies out tere? Let's get the State of Florida
to readjust their head back on straight and stop discriminating against women, men don't have to do this, do they???
Darwin

Somerset, NJ

#4 Dec 10, 2010
Boo hoo hoo. If our venerated government actually DID SOMETHING about illegal immigrants, which are a primary cause of identity theft, then maybe it wouldn't be such a hassle for ALL OF US. And it ain't just women, nor is it only Florida. Where I live, getting your license renewed invloves a half gallon of K-Y Jelly and a rubber glove.
Earth2Imbeciles

Orlando, FL

#6 Dec 11, 2010
Talk about the subject of this article, that being requiring extra documentation for women's drivers licenses, it continues to be the government that screws everything up. Take identification, the government wants it both ways. They want additional documentation from American's for driver's licenses while it seems that they are ready to give a carte blanche pass to illegal immigrants becoming citizens. As usual the government has it's collective head up its rear. As far as requiring the additional identification from women, everyone who wants to contact the ACLU at this website, can voice your support to register a case in Florida, http://www.aclu.org/affiliate/florida
Anonymous

United States

#7 Dec 11, 2010
I know they do ask for a marrage licence for a women and not for a men.
Peace On Earth

Knoxville, TN

#8 Dec 11, 2010
CFbikers wrote:
I know they do ask for a marrage licence for a women and not for a men.
Yes but the White Gentile male is a target in America and has been for some time . Here in TN a woman shot and killed her husband while he was sleeping . She got like 6 months in jail . My friend Dr. Menna was gunned down and killed in cold blood by his wife in West Orlando Fl and she got NO jail time . How much did she pay to get No jail time and who gets the cash ?? If these two cases were White Gentile males the story would be different . America is imploding . Florida is broke and really our Country but certain Jews are filthy rich ???? Hey Disney how much cash do you have ??? Disney is enjoying the Bush tax cut .
Peace On Earth

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 11, 2010
Darwin wrote:
Boo hoo hoo. If our venerated government actually DID SOMETHING about illegal immigrants, which are a primary cause of identity theft, then maybe it wouldn't be such a hassle for ALL OF US. And it ain't just women, nor is it only Florida. Where I live, getting your license renewed invloves a half gallon of K-Y Jelly and a rubber glove.
Darwin you probably apply once a month for a driver license just to get the rubber glove treatment , LOL
WhereDoYouLive

Orlando, FL

#10 Dec 11, 2010
I can't believe that this is being required in this day and age. Someone should contact Ophra or Ellen and expose this travesty to all the American public. I mean just how far does this MacCarthyism type paranoia thing have to swing on the pendulum before it swings back to reasonableness?
EveryDazesABlurr

Orlando, FL

#12 Dec 12, 2010
Instead of just blowing off hot air on rags like these, isn't it time to get off our collective rears and make something happen? If it's a bunch of law suits in behalf of the wronged groups let's do it. So what if the government can't be sued, at least it will make the news and get people moving in the right direction to standing up against the tyranny.
Woodstock

Orlando, FL

#13 Dec 12, 2010
Let me ask everyone a question that I have been working on. Can you tell me the difference between someone who is wired and a person who is weird? Let me give you a hint, both words have the same letters, but in a different order.
Earth2Imbeciles

Orlando, FL

#14 Dec 13, 2010
Wait until more women have to renew their driver's licenses and we will see this BS repealed in a heartbeat. What is amazing is that Florida's legislature obviously didn't run this by anyone regarding discrimination. Wait a minute, could this just be a administrative fubar and it merely is some over zealous bureaucrat that has decided to create a regulation and attempt to pass it off as falling under some "identification requirement of a existing law"? Personally I have seen this same kind of BS before, however that case involved unemployment and job services of a state run agency. There a regulation was created and included as a requirement that all persons who were reporting weekly to their unemployment office had to be "ready to go to work", which was interpreted as, if you brought your child with you when you reported, you were denied unemployment benefits for that week because you were not immediately available to report to a job, as if one were going to be thrust into your anxious arms when you walked into the unemployment office. This was an interpretative "regulation", not a "law" and therefor did not make a person ineligible to qualify. It was subsequently dropped and in fact, a child care program was offered onsite to assist job seekers through another funded program. It is therefor my opinion in this case, that the state in it's exuberance to sign on to "more stringent identification requirements" as a knee jerk, never the less, late coming reaction to terrorism and identity theft, has not done it's homework on this potential "regulation's" effect with respect to discrimination and probably let some feeble minded bureaucrat fashion an interpretation of what additional identification requirements should be put in place here in Florida. I feel it is past time to let the inquisition of the state's position on this discrimination begin and women's rights groups, the ACLU and private citizens who have been wronged, step forward and bring an action against the State of Florida.
All-7777777s

Orlando, FL

#15 Dec 19, 2010
Where is the ACLU or Women's Activist Groups on this? Shouldn't there be some kind of reaction from them or has the age of bra burning left these organizations a bit unsupported?
Darwin

Somerset, NJ

#16 Dec 20, 2010
This wouldn't be a problem were it not for the damned illegal aliens stealing Social Security numbers and other forms of identification. Don't think for a minute it is about fighting terrorism- those guys are funded well enough that they can get whatever 'documentation' they need. This is about trying to prevent 'Juan' and Juanita' from landing here and obtaining false idetification.
Woodstock

Orlando, FL

#17 Dec 20, 2010
So you are telling me that some bureaucrat is causing this whole problem? Okey, if that is true then what is the obvious solution? Fire all the bureaucrats? Shut down the DMV? Stop paying our taxes? Maybe the best way to stop this problem is refuse to get drivers licenses like so many of the illegal immigrants do, just don't participate in getting a drivers license. If you drive safely and don't get stopped, they will never know. There is no law that you have to have a drivers license if you own a car and you can still register to get a license plate for a vehicle without a drivers license. Problem solved!
Dian

Lakeland, FL

#18 Jul 29, 2011
Let us reason together.
It is not fair to put more stress on a woman then she already has .
After all, she has gone through childbirth pain and stress of raising children ,and mostly on her own...gone through a bad marriage or more because HE didn't know what he wanted..that being if he wanted to be married .(hello,too late )
Now they are making women go through more stress having to get all the paperwork, all the marriage and divorce licenses,more paper trails from the time she was born up until she is able to get her drivers license renewed here in Florida because of some man made law that stinks to high haven. Is this discrimination against all women? YES INDEED ! It needs to stop.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 17, 2011
These hoops they put women through do nothing to ensure the safety of the public.

An Arab woman can still wear a berka and hide her face for her license. Yet an American woman can't get a license renewal without a lot of expense and hassle.

The MEN who are making these rules have no common sense. They are idiots.
twixx

Pensacola, FL

#20 Jan 4, 2012
Have just been through this myself and am contacting a lawyers office today. If I were a man I would have already had my license by now, but because I was married previously I am denied my license until I produce a marriage cert. from the 70s. I don't even remember what day, what year or county. Have been trying to forget that one for a long time, now have to relive that hell and jump through hoops, spend extra money, etc., just to get a drivers license, by the way, I have lived in
FL for 20 years and have had a DL all that time until now!!!!!Will somebody please help here!
Handmaiden

Orlando, FL

#21 Mar 16, 2012
I know these posts are old, but just came up against this myself. Like others, I am divorced but needed my marriage certificate to prove I'm "me." How ironic is it that as a proof of being "me" to get my marriage certificate I used my driver's license. Once I get my marriage certificate, I can renew said driver's license. What imbecile came up with this one? Regardless of what identification I (or anyone) provide to the DMV, the person behind the desk cannot make a 100% determination of who I am. This is just another example of some idiot bureaucrat wasting our time and money. Or was it something more evil to limit women's ability to get a driver's license and what that could mean to her livelihood?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Apr 1, 2012
My mother has been driving since before I was born. Now she has to come up with all this crap.

This does not protect us from terrorism. This is just to hassle the average American and get additional documentation to keep in the government files on each American. AMERICAN.

Even my granny is being hassled. She doesn't have all this crap. She wasn't born in a hospital. WTF is our country coming to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,394,545
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 20 min Murphey_Law 513,329
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 22 min lides 866
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min Earthling-1 60,021
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1,237
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 hr Mite Be 256
News Supreme Court leaves assault weapons bans in pl... 3 hr WeTheSheeple 111
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages