The Lakers' Trevor Ariza is a handful...

The Lakers' Trevor Ariza is a handful for Orlando Magic forward...

There are 602 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 7, 2009, titled The Lakers' Trevor Ariza is a handful for Orlando Magic forward.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It didn't take Hedo Turkoglu long to remember why going against Trevor Ariza in an Orlando Magic practice wasn't much fun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Magic Fan Mark

Deland, FL

#108 Jun 7, 2009
lakers_rule wrote:
The Orlando Magic is being exposed. They're scrubs in the purest form. Will the NBA keep GARBAGE teams like this out of the finals!
You created an account just for that silly post? Nobody cares what you think.

Since: May 09

Whittier, Ca

#109 Jun 7, 2009
NBAneedsMoney wrote:
I thought the Lakers were supposed to be so good? Why did they need so much help from the refs to squeeze out a win on their home floor with the greatest player in the world?
If its that bad dude then why you watching and posting? The Magic had a chance to win on a great alley oop play and didnt convert. Im not saying the officiating was great or even good but the whole conspiracy theory nonsence is just weak. Did the refs make them commit 20 turnovers? Good game Magic, now we got 3 in your house and it wont be easy.
Do You Believe In Magic92

Valdosta, GA

#110 Jun 7, 2009
cmon...dont blame the rookie...EVERYONE...I repeat,EVERYONE not named Rashard Lewis &/or Hedo Turkoglu played like GARBAGE!

Howard keeps running AROUND Bynum/gasol,when he could EAISLY go through them....

Alston is just playing HORRIBLLY(need I say more?)...

Nelson is clearly rusty,and has been very indecisive...

Pietrus actually played good D,just was absent on Offense(please switch back to Kobes shoes)

And Redick....OMFG what was he thinking when he tried to "attempt" to pass the ball to Howard?!?!?

NOTE TO REDICK:When you have a clear lane,DO NOT PASS THE BALL

Just awful play all around...I cant tell you how many TOs this team had that were COMPLETEY avoidable!!!
Canadian_Laker

Edmonton, Canada

#111 Jun 7, 2009
rob67 wrote:
RdJ said - Goal tending should have been called on Lee's BLOWN layup to end regulation. You are NOT allowed to touch the net, the rim or vibrate the goal during a shot and Gashole did all three of those.
Please.... How bout Howard sticking his fat hand through the hoop to block Gasol's shot? Did your selective memory forget about that?
i think the guy suffers from selective alzheimers. i couldn't believe they didn't catch howard doing the deed.
xtreme2k

Tucson, AZ

#112 Jun 7, 2009
Black Bolt wrote:
Wow, is all I have to say. The Lebron love-fest carries over into this series. I swear, the Magic are playing 5 on 8. How many times did Ariza slap the crap out Hedo and Rashard? And Fisher with all his flopping? And the supposed foul on Kobe that Dwight happened to block so cleanly? The Lakers are scared and they want no part of the Magic in an evenly called game. Gasol is a big flopping **** and hopefully the Magic can push through this garbage and even it up at home. The Lakers will not win a game in Orlando! Magic in 7!!
Wow, not another its the refs fault poster! Amazing, seeing all of the slo-mo of plays of fouls being called on Lakers fouling Howard and clearly shows phantom calls. Or the blatant basket interference that Howard had in the first quarter on Gasol's shot. Or the slo-mo replays of Turk clearing out with his arm and flopping back every contact...shame. Maybe its time to buy a Hi-Def tv to see the game clearly instead of homer eyes and tv.
NBAneedsMoney

Melbourne Beach, FL

#113 Jun 7, 2009
pplagainstpplwhoprotest wrote:
Good evening Orlando Magic fans. As a Laker's fan I want to personally give my vote for ROOKIE OF THE YEAR to Mr. Courtney Lee. Mr. Lee you have made everyone here in sunny Los Angeles very happy and you will be remembered for costing you team game number 2. That is all. Go Lakers!
So I guess you also noticed Gasol's goaltend on that same play, thus sealing the win at the end of regulation for the Magic. Like I said, Lakers lead series only at the will of the NBA, nothing else.

Christmas, FL

#114 Jun 7, 2009
rob67 wrote:
So Orlando shoots better and they still lose. Now comes the excuses, refs didn't give us the calls, Reddick cost us the game. Please, Bynum just breathes on Howard and they call a foul. Home teams and superstars get the calls. It's called home court advantage, that's why you work so hard during the regular season to earn that. Like I said on Thursday, Magic will play better but still lose by 5 or 6 in game 2. Now it is on to Orlando, the magic will win 2 out of 3, then the Lakers will wrap it up in 6. Just accept it Magic fans, this series is over.......
Bobby this thing is over in 4. Kobe will be coming back to L.A. clutching the hardware next Friday.
Dan

Land O Lakes, FL

#115 Jun 7, 2009
RDJ wrote:
Goal tending should have been called on Lee's BLOWN layup to end regulation. You are NOT allowed to touch the net, the rim or vibrate the goal during a shot and Gashole did all three of those. Lee should have made it anyway and really, costly turnovers down the stretch cost the Magic dearly, that and using Lee and/or Reddick as your go-to guys the last three minutes.
How about goaltending when Howard came through the rim to block Gasol's dunk?
There were bad calls. How about that ball that they called off of Kobe's leg when he never hit it?

Good game. LA in 5.
NBAneedsMoney

Melbourne Beach, FL

#116 Jun 7, 2009
Lakersdude wrote:
Can we agree not to blame the officiating? I mean, there was some missed calls on both sides. The most obvious one to me was when Dwight Howard stuck his hand through the net and goal-tended the ball right back out. What?! How do you miss that? So, lets not talk about the officials. Focus on the glorious Laker victory. Thank you.
We can agree not to talk abut the refs when the games are called evenly. Everybody likes that the refs let the physical play go in the finals. But you're supposed to do it on both sides of the floor - that's the whole point. You're just scared because you know the Magic outplayed L.A. all night tonight.
xtreme2k

Tucson, AZ

#117 Jun 7, 2009
RDJ wrote:
Goal tending should have been called on Lee's BLOWN layup to end regulation. You are NOT allowed to touch the net, the rim or vibrate the goal during a shot and Gashole did all three of those. Lee should have made it anyway and really, costly turnovers down the stretch cost the Magic dearly, that and using Lee and/or Reddick as your go-to guys the last three minutes.
Oh you mean like the 2 points Howard got from blocking the shot of Gasol in the first quarter going through the rim underneath? BTW they just showed it in ESPN.
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#118 Jun 7, 2009
MgcFn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! what a frontrunning loser this guy is... what, no seattle supersonics to root for? you bandwagoners are all the same... let me guess, you just think kobe is soooo cool, huh? freaking joke of a fanbase. you're filled with as much garbage as the yankees and red sox fanbases. go F yourself and lick the sweat off kobes nuts.
Never been a sonic fan squirt. Ive been a Laker fan for around 28 years!

You dont know my background or where Im from anyway LOL!

Whooo! I can barely type Im laughing so hard at all the Sore Losers. You more than anyone.....

I'll tell you what, I'll let you do the Licking back in Orlando when he Licks your team chief!

Please, tell me once more how the refs had a part in their victory (s)!

Whooooo! Wait! Let me catch my breath! Whoooo!

Christmas, FL

#119 Jun 7, 2009
Atleast Jack Nicklaus won't be in the stands in Orlando. Maybe it's about time for him to do another movie ?
Ilse Los Angeles

Canada

#120 Jun 7, 2009
[Qin your dreams will the magic win in 7! lakers will win at least one in your town.
fat lady is singin
Cool

Orlando, FL

#121 Jun 7, 2009
Gee! The magic lost. No surprises here. After the way they treated their fans with that so-called ticket lottery, I hope they lose every game.
Do You Believe In Magic92

Valdosta, GA

#122 Jun 7, 2009
magic hater wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO AS MUCH i would love to agree the cavs against was pretty bad also lol magic suck though
if da Magic sucked,why are they in the Finals?
NBAneedsMoney

Melbourne Beach, FL

#123 Jun 7, 2009
ItsSnake wrote:
Please don't start this unfair officials bit. The free throws were even LA 28 / Orl 27. The problem is 10 for 30 on 3 pointers (live by the 3 and die by the 3) and the 20 turnovers. Choke, no they didn't, self destruct, yeah, thats more like it. Orlando does not know how to win and the Lakers want it more.
Don't you realize that most of those "turnovers" were fouls that went uncalled? But as an L.A. fan, you just desperately want to believe that the refs had nothing to do with it.
rob67

United States

#124 Jun 7, 2009
RDJ said - Yea, your right, the Mavs just had the best record in the NBA that year and were expected to kill the heat, especially after taking a 2-0 lead. Yes, I am serious, but you certainly cannot be.
One problem RDJ, The Mavs did not have Kobe! What does that mean? It means series over!

Since: Jun 09

Huntington Beach

#125 Jun 7, 2009
NBAneedsMoney wrote:
Magic clearly outplayed L.A. all game. All you can do is play better than the other team. If the refs change the game, you can't stop that.
Only novice fans who need a better understanding of basketball blame the refs for their team's deficiencies. Orlando did O.K. this season but they are clearly outmatched by this Laker team.

Stop blaming the refs folks. They are being equally crappy to both teams but all in all, it seems that the officiating has actually gotten better than in did during the conference playoffs.
Ilse Los Angeles

Canada

#126 Jun 7, 2009
[yeah, and what about the missed goal tend in the 1st qtr by Howard when he literally stuck his hand through the basket!
No Doubt

Merritt Island, FL

#127 Jun 7, 2009
Whichever Magic coach drew up that last play of regulation is a freakin genius. It didn't go in, but it should have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Well Well 1,521,948
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,383
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 8 hr Nathan 90
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 19 hr Lon Spector 513,104
Republican Party of liars, cheats, sex offenders Mon ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
April is Child Protection Month but Trump Hosts... Mon ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
News Bush revokes pardon after learning of GOP donation (Dec '08) Mon Julios Lottery ti... 15

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages