The Lakers' Trevor Ariza is a handful for Orlando Magic forward...

It didn't take Hedo Turkoglu long to remember why going against Trevor Ariza in an Orlando Magic practice wasn't much fun. Full Story
Ferky Smorkins

Miami, FL

#260 Jun 7, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU LOST SORRY A S S BOSTON FAN - We had no Jameer get over the KG thing already - eat shiit and die MF
So testy aren't you little boy? The difference is with KG the Celtics won an NBA title. Meanwhile Jameer's sitting behind JJ REDICK right now for a team about to be swept by a Lakers team taken to 7 by the Rockets' JV team. LMAO!!!
xtreme2k

Tucson, AZ

#261 Jun 7, 2009
NBAneedsMoney wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about???
SO you have seen the financial statements that show how much revenue is generated from each game? You're claiming to know how much every advertiser pays for commercial time? I guess ABC pays the NBA for all 7 games, even if there's a sweep, right?
However, if you actually have this data please share it as it would shed much light on the issue.
Yes we all know how big you are when it comes to "facts" in all of your posts!!!
Ferky Smorkins

Miami, FL

#262 Jun 7, 2009
Enjoy being embarassed on the big stage, Orlando. When Hedo leaves and Cleveland, Miami and Boston reload this offseason we'll never hear from you again...
West Side

Van Nuys, CA

#263 Jun 7, 2009
NBAneedsMoney wrote:
<quoted text>
So Lee's shot which hit the rim WASN'T CLOSE, but Gasol's shot which was blocked BEFORE it got to the rim was IN THE BASKET? Gasol's shot never even made it to the rim - it's just that Dwight had reached through the basket to swat it away. That's what made it goaltending- even tho the refs didn't call it.
I just watched both plays off my Tivo, and I stand by my earlier statements. Pau's shot was above the rim, fully in the cylinder and travelling down, before Howard pushed it back up and out.(Strong kid!) Clear and obvious goaltend, it's amazing three officals missed it.

OTOH, Lee's shot wildly missed, barely grazing the rim as it fell. It never had any chance. Pau merely flicked the net...didn't move the rim or backboard in the slightest. He didn't influence the flight of the ball, at all.
lovemeMagic

Menifee, CA

#264 Jun 7, 2009
While the Magic are going home now, they do not have a chance to win 4 out of 5. In the last two games SVG has thrown all option out there and they still lost. So much for the Magic overcoming adversity... You can stick a fork in them, they are DONE!!! Go Lakers!!!
rob67

United States

#265 Jun 7, 2009
greg wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dumba**, first of all your right. Its not the mavs the nba HATES mark cuban, so that being said they will do anything to let him not get a championship. Second of all, the lakers get more calls than any team. Lets think here 02 against the kings foul on Bibby not called later came out that game/series was one by donahey, last yr. against the spurs fisher fouls berry at end of game, no call again. Nba once again says bad call.It will come out sooner or later, until then keep rooting for the rapist and the same b**ch who demanded to be traded two yrs. ago and go talk on la times.
Hey greg you sound like a frustrated Laker hater. Sorry your team sucks!

Peace out!
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#266 Jun 7, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go! another Poor Sport!
So youre a Magic fan in Cali? seems your calling me out for supporting the lakers in Washington and it just dont make sense kiddo!
Is that the Best you got? seriously, Ive counted maybe 3 bloggers whom have owned up and not made excuses! Look son, its not my fault Superman was Clark Kent in both games now. Look to your coaching staff for starters, then the players who didnt execute.... You can debate without whining right about refs right?
Next its gonna be that the sun was in their eyes...
What do you do for fun out there? Chase the tumbleweeds around? Its basically desert out there if I remember correctly. Ever been to a laker game? Ever even been to LA? I dont live in Cali, I am in fact in Orlando but the server I am connected to does run through Cali so it says thats where I am.

I said it earlier why we lost. Our guards suck. Not one of them. All of them. They cant make a shot. Its pathetic. Rafer, Redick, Lee, Nelson (at least he has an excuse), Pietrus. No one hit shots. You cant win going with all players at 2 of your spots are going 6-26. As SVG said in the post game. You look at the numbers and you dont even know how we were in the game. We still shot badly overall. 20 TO. and LA barely squeaks out a win. Can we win this series? Its going to be a tough mountain to climb, but it comes back here for 3 games so we have 1 more chance to get things going in the right direction. We have to win game 3 and game 4. Get the series tied up. Then the tough game 5. It will be played here so we have the advantage in that one. Then just win one of the final 2 games in LA.

Since: May 09

Saint Cloud, FL

#267 Jun 7, 2009
Lakers fans you all can rest easy knowing that I have called this series sweep for your team. My success rate for predictions is hovering somewhere around 93.4 percent.

So when I make a prediction in favor of your team there is NO CHANCE of any kind of a jinx taking place. It has NEVER happened and it NEVER will.

You fans in Los Angeles will be gazing at the big trophy next Friday June 12th, 2009 after the Lakers have swept the Magic.

I stand behind my predictions. So you fans have absolutely nothing to fear here. It's a done deal.
NBAneedsMoney

Ocoee, FL

#268 Jun 7, 2009
xtreme2k wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...follow me slowly, 2 shots per trip to the free throw line, if he missed 12 times and he is fouled and called then he would have been on the line 12 times for a total of 24 points if he makes it all MORON!!!....
Don't see what the difficulty is here...

Of Kobe's 12 missed shots, nearly every missed shot that was contested resulted in a foul called. 12 missed shots, 10 free throws. Every time Kobe misses a contested shot (as in, not all of his shots are contested) someone on the other team is called for a foul. And that's just Kobe. You can either look at the numbers, or just watch the game. Had Pietrus not been the unfortunate recipient of the Kobe-missed foul calls, he would have been in the game in the final minutes, not Redick.

Whatever you think your argument is supposed to be, it took all 3 refs pulling for L.A. all game for the Lakers to eke out an overtime win. Magic played better down the stretch and OT was a gift from the NBA to the Lakers, who would undoubtedly earn more revenue for the NBA selling jerseys, hats, etc. if they won a championship vs. the Magic winning the ring. Also, the more games played, the more revenue the NBA collects. You can try to argue, but it is what it is.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#269 Jun 7, 2009
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do for fun out there? Chase the tumbleweeds around? Its basically desert out there if I remember correctly. Ever been to a laker game? Ever even been to LA? I dont live in Cali, I am in fact in Orlando but the server I am connected to does run through Cali so it says thats where I am.
I said it earlier why we lost. Our guards suck. Not one of them. All of them. They cant make a shot. Its pathetic. Rafer, Redick, Lee, Nelson (at least he has an excuse), Pietrus. No one hit shots. You cant win going with all players at 2 of your spots are going 6-26. As SVG said in the post game. You look at the numbers and you dont even know how we were in the game. We still shot badly overall. 20 TO. and LA barely squeaks out a win. Can we win this series? Its going to be a tough mountain to climb, but it comes back here for 3 games so we have 1 more chance to get things going in the right direction. We have to win game 3 and game 4. Get the series tied up. Then the tough game 5. It will be played here so we have the advantage in that one. Then just win one of the final 2 games in LA.
Yes, ive Lived in Sacramento for 7 years and Ive attended numerous Lakers games not just in lA but everywhere...from Showtime lakers to present....

Again, Im not trying to gloat. Ive seen many things happen in the NBA and I know the series is not over. I expect the magic to win 2 games at home, but this year I believe, is the Lakers Year to win it.
Laker Larry

Canyon, TX

#270 Jun 7, 2009
NBANeedsMoney,
"Whatever you think your argument is supposed to be, it took all 3 refs pulling for L.A. all game for the Lakers to eke out an overtime win."

It's difficult to argue with an idiot like you. First you drag people down to your idiot level and then you beat them with experience.
treebo

El Cajon, CA

#271 Jun 7, 2009
I was at the game at Staples and I think the refs were horribly lopsided towards LA. Howard was getting murdered on the inside and I could not believe that they let that happen
YouCantWin WithMe

Lakewood, CA

#272 Jun 7, 2009
NBAneedsMoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see what the difficulty is here...
Of Kobe's 12 missed shots, nearly every missed shot that was contested resulted in a foul called. 12 missed shots, 10 free throws. Every time Kobe misses a contested shot (as in, not all of his shots are contested) someone on the other team is called for a foul. And that's just Kobe. You can either look at the numbers, or just watch the game. Had Pietrus not been the unfortunate recipient of the Kobe-missed foul calls, he would have been in the game in the final minutes, not Redick.
Whatever you think your argument is supposed to be, it took all 3 refs pulling for L.A. all game for the Lakers to eke out an overtime win. Magic played better down the stretch and OT was a gift from the NBA to the Lakers, who would undoubtedly earn more revenue for the NBA selling jerseys, hats, etc. if they won a championship vs. the Magic winning the ring. Also, the more games played, the more revenue the NBA collects. You can try to argue, but it is what it is.
Haha...You funny.

Orlando 20-27 from the FT line
L.A 24-28 from the Ft line

Orlando 20 turnovers
L.A. 12 turnovers
treebo

El Cajon, CA

#273 Jun 7, 2009
Laker Larry if you live in Marina Del Rey, you should be able to afford tickets, therefore you would not have time to visit the ORLANDO message boards, the Magic can play with your frontrunning lakers, where was Kobe tonight, 25 points and 13 on foul shots, not much better than 40 on 34 shots from the field, but at least your own coach called him out.
Thweet Creative

Bellingham, WA

#274 Jun 7, 2009
Hilarious and Awesome Magic / Lakers Gear :

ThweetCreative.com
YouCantWin WithMe

Lakewood, CA

#275 Jun 7, 2009
treebo wrote:
Laker Larry if you live in Marina Del Rey, you should be able to afford tickets, therefore you would not have time to visit the ORLANDO message boards, the Magic can play with your frontrunning lakers, where was Kobe tonight, 25 points and 13 on foul shots, not much better than 40 on 34 shots from the field, but at least your own coach called him out.
You mean like front-butt van Gundy calling out your guards marksman like shooting?
Laker Larry

Canyon, TX

#276 Jun 7, 2009
treebo wrote:
SCOREBOARD!!!
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#277 Jun 7, 2009
Well youve been an LA fan longer than I have been alive. But i have been an Orlando fan since the teams inception.

As much as I have criticized Turk in the past. We really do need to resign him next year. Hes a 6 10 guy who can play PG, SG, and SF. His versatility alone is worth it. He hits clutch shots too so that makes him worth it as well. If we let him get away we will be sorry we did next year in the playoffs. This game really showed what he is capable of.

I hope SVG will watch tape and study the lineups he used in this game and see which were affective and why. The coaching staff has a difficult chore ahead of them. He even said he was "experimenting out there". We damn near won the game with the experiments. Next game hopefully we'll find a lineup that works and get it done on both ends of the floor.
AKM

Gotha, FL

#278 Jun 7, 2009
Yeah Lee didn't make the shot because he had to break away from being held. No foul called, of course, just like the rest of the night.

Doesn't excuse Dwight and JJ's playing though... I think both teams should be embarrassed by that game.
billy

San Bruno, CA

#279 Jun 7, 2009
NBAneedsMoney wrote:
Howard's free throw attempts - 9
Howard's turnovers - 7
So when you get fouled on a shot attempt and the refs don't call it, you don't get free throws and instead you commit a turnover.
I guess when Howard is hitting his free throws (7-9), all the refs can do to force the outcome of the game is look the other way when he is fouled.
Oddly, the refs had no problem calling fouls AGAINST the Magic, even when no foul was committed...
It's so amazin', so amazin'. That slogan is starting to make more sense...
MAGIC SHOT 27 FREE THROWS
LAKERS SHOT 28 FREE THROWS
MAGIC COMMITED 25 FOULS
LAKERS COMITTED 24 FOULS
STOP COMPLAING TURKOGLUE AND PLAY BALL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min positronium 50,214
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 37 min KCA 491,206
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,172,113
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,831
Johnathan Hudnall (Jan '14) 1 hr Justwondering 8
NEED H bad!!! Will pay good money!!! In Orlando 1 hr gigi 3
Kaney removed from bench (Nov '07) 5 hr David Morgan 40
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance