Broward Circuit Court Judge Howard Ze...

Broward Circuit Court Judge Howard Zeidwig, 64

There are 21 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Broward Circuit Court Judge Howard Zeidwig, 64. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Howard M. Zeidwig, a long-time jurist who earned widespread appreciation for his work on behalf of at-risk youth, died of cancer Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Howard was a true gentleman. And will be missed by all that knew him.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Sad to see it come to an end. Great Judge and an even better person.
Rick M

Miami, FL

#3 Oct 6, 2008
Judge Howard Zeidwig was the most altruistic person I ever knew. A GREAT person, friend, mentor and inspiration. Judge Zeidwig will continue living through us all as we try to live by his example.
Brian Rothschild

Hollywood, FL

#4 Oct 6, 2008
The man you are reading about was my Uncle by marriage. My Uncle Howie lived his life in a very respectful way. He always had his friends, family and peers to help him make good decisions and that was how he served his community. He will truly be missed by all. R.I.P.
Mario S

#5 Oct 6, 2008
a great person in and out of the courtroom,he will be missed by all at the courthouse.
Roger Ally

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Oct 7, 2008
Judge Ziedwig was a CLASS ACT and a true gentleman. May God grant him eternal rest in Paradise.
wonzel mobley

Opa Locka, FL

#7 Oct 7, 2008
Uncle Howie Was a great man. He always had a smile on his face,which always put you in a good mood.I will never forget you.
Michael Zealy

United States

#8 Oct 8, 2008
I went through law school with him. He was a gracious, intelligent, and fun guy then, and he took those traits with him throughout his professional and personal life. I will miss him.
JPO- Brito

Homestead, FL

#9 Oct 15, 2008
Judge Zeidwig; will be missed tremendously in Juvenile Court. I am going to miss his smile and must of all his awesome stories that always had a great lesson behind it !!!

Juvenile Probation Officer Brito

Haralson, GA

#10 Oct 16, 2008
Judge Zeidwig was a gentle, caring and loving person who was very genuine. He presided over my son's case about 6 years ago. He was fair and he showed compassion when he sentenced the kids. He would always give them something that helped to rehabilitate them. He will be sadly missed by all. May God bless his soul!

Dianne S.
Carla Hands

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Oct 28, 2008
Mr. Z was an amazing man with an incredible spirit. I knew him to be thoughtful, generous, and a true comedian.:-) I always admired the tremendous love he had for his family as well his love of life and laughter. He will live on in the hearts and memories of countless people whose lives he touched.
Vanessa Byalick

Riverside, NJ

#12 Nov 1, 2008
I remember Mr. Howard with a great smile on his face,last time i saw him was in home depot he said to me he was fixing his house, he looked so excited,he was a great person down to earth, young spirit, great example to follow
rest in peace
paul finizio

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Nov 4, 2008
howard was my first employer as a law student after my father met him at the courthouse. He helped me understand the law and by watching him in the court room, how to try a case. He was a true gentleman, teacher and lively humorist that could really tell a joke. I'll and the whole Finizio family will miss him.
paul bersach

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Nov 24, 2008
a true gentleman in every sense of the word
The Kranert Family

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2009
Howie was our friend, our mentor and truly a great great individual. We will never forget the kindness he always showed towards our family. I remember him and his smile as he presented my son Kipp with his first was as if Kipp were his child and he took such pleasure in seeing him take off on his first bike. Howie was always there when needed and he will be so very missed by all. Our hearts go out to Carole and the family.
Janice Charlassier

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 4, 2009
It is one year lataer and he is still missed. Another judge sits in his chair, but can never adequately fill his seat! His compassion for the youth brought before him was unsurpassed and was matched by his love of teaching the young attorneys assigned to his division. All those privilaged enough to work with him knew how blessed they were.
elizabeth benton

#18 Aug 18, 2010
A very long time ago I use to babysit for Howies children. Yes thats what we called him! I will never forget what a down to earth sweet man he was. He helped me years later with a problem and had such empathy and understanding. He helped SO many people.

Elizabeth Benton

(Libby, Libby,Libby,
is what he called me) lol

Lake Worth, FL

#19 Aug 29, 2010
Mario S wrote:
a great person in and out of the courtroom,he will be missed by all at the courthouse.
i will always love judge z
Bill Ismer

Thonotosassa, FL

#20 Nov 28, 2013
An amazing person who loved without conditions and could make you smile. His wit and humor will always be remembered by those who were blessed to be his friend.
Bill Ismer

Thonotosassa, FL

#21 Jan 22, 2014
The resent post on this site under my name was a mistake by the site managers. What I said about Judge Zeidwig is as follows ":An amazing person who loved without conditions and could always make you smile.His wit and humor will always be remembered by those who were blessed to know him as a friend."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Coffee Party 1,726,792
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 4 hr So_da_lish_us 13,162
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr Mary NY 516,333
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 16 hr _STM 3,120
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 20 hr LizW 73,997
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 hr FART COUNT 64,542
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Fri zazz 98,688

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages