Do U Drive a Gas Guzzler

Do U Drive a Gas Guzzler

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Six Figures

Spring, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2013
I'll go first. I drive a behemoth gas-guzzling SUV and have no intention of getting rid of it. People drive like maniacs here and it's your only shot of surviving a crash. Plus, people are less likely to pull out of front of you. Yes, it will set you back about $40,000, but aren't you worth it? lol
Tex Oil Fields

Spring, TX

#3 Sep 12, 2013
Poor old Tav doesn't know that people here drive large SUV's because you better have a V8 or you will get smooth run over. FYI, an Eddie Bauer Edition runs around $700.00 a month, but it's worth every penny. The downside is an $$ gasoline bill every month. I hate small cars now. I'm spoiled. Most items you need for the household or business will fit in there. I could tell you why we need a large vehicle, but it falls under none of your business. Love climbing into a vehicle instead of having to crunch down into one. Drove smaller vehicles at the dealership. You get spoiled.
Everything is Bigger

Spring, TX

#5 Sep 12, 2013
Here's your explanation: It rains/storms/floods close to the Gulf, so you want to have a vehicle that is high off the ground. Additionally, when you may have to evacuate, you want to have a vehicle you can pack quickly by loading the bad end which has power 3rd row seating that folds down.

Why work you behind off if not to provide nice things for your family?

I'm sorry I can't give you an exact to the penny figure for a vehicle, but it is in the $42,000 to $50,000 range depending on how many bells and whistles you like. Keep on lying about what I can and can not afford and I'll keep telling the truth.

The truth is we wanted a mattress that day and we figured if we didn't like it, we could pass it on to someone else or put it in a guest room.

As for clothes, I'm very active and hard on clothes. I like clothes I can easily wash and dry. I don't need evening gowns to go lounge in the jacuzzi and pool. Florida is casual. I have been there. It's not like you were ball gowns either. I was surprised by how casual it was. Some guys thought nothing of hanging out in their yard in their boxer shorts. I'm not THAT casual.

I can't imagine why you'd need more than a swimsuit, shorts, jeans, and a pair of dress capris for a 4 day trip. Now, stop nagging me about it. Also, you can always buy more clothes during the trip. Must I teach you everything?
Fathom this

United States

#7 Sep 13, 2013
For once charlene and gang are silent
Everything is Bigger

Spring, TX

#8 Sep 13, 2013
Hallelujah!

Where's the Stetsons and Oil men poster? They must think people dress as if they are going to the Houston rodeo when they go to work. No clue about Houston or Texas in general.
The Saint

Spring, TX

#10 Mar 18, 2015
Just because Dick DeGuerin (Durst's Texas Attorney) looks like Daddy Walton and wears hats doesn't mean everyone in Texas does. You rarely see a hat, at least where I live. Did you ever see Durst in a cowboy hat? He owns three condos in the Rice Village (million dollar district). A little too close for comfort.
ACIM

Spring, TX

#11 Mar 20, 2015
Does anyone drive a Flex? They are long and big but not very stylish and only have a V6. MEH.
Only come in white most of the time and to be discontinued.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,759,503
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Mary NY 517,969
Oranges Co Fl Sheriffs Department Corrupt 5 hr StopCorruption 1
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 8 hr The Peoples Media 3,158
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr FARTS DOG 64,672
News Casey Anthony: Deputy fired for failing to prop... (Apr '09) Sat Lee 515
News Former Warner Christian Academy teacher charged... (Oct '08) May 18 Terrible choice 103
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) May 18 Maggie McGee 74,150

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages