Marijuana sting operation in Poinciana nets 29 arrests, $20k

Local authorities raided more than a dozen drug houses and arrested nearly 30 people this morning in Osceola and Polk counties during a marijuana sting. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
crazy

Orlando, FL

#96 May 27, 2009
Legalize Cannabis wrote:
<quoted text>
It's OK to use the word ****, we all know what it is and what it means. You can leave your wannabe gangsta image at home, none of your homies will know the difference because they are probably as illiterate as you and thus do not peruse this forum.
Nice job moron. Very intuitive of you to see the logic in spelling sh!t as shyt, and not shit.
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#97 May 27, 2009
slip wrote:
I wonder why they never tell us what these stings cost to setup and execute . knowing the state of florida it cost tax payers 50k to get 20k
The Netherlands announced today that it has a lack of criminals, so they are closing 8 prisons. Wnem will we ever learn..........

http://blog.mpp.org/uncategorized/netherlands...
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#98 May 27, 2009
When will we....
katierican

United States

#100 Dec 27, 2011
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>
Juarez, San Juan, pretty much the same, Only difference between the citizens of the two is raft construction.
raft....why white people cant accept that puerto rico is part of the united states....we are all the same....stop racism...o come on....dont tell me that there are no gangs with white dudes...yeah right....every race and culture has their bad apples. Rrrrrr
Think

United States

#101 Dec 27, 2011
Reality_Check wrote:
Good American names don't you think? Tell us again how these "poor immigrants" are not breaking the law....
And just because something is illegal does not make the law just. Slavery was once the law and people who freed enslaved humans were severely punished by the law and considered criminals. Who was in the right...the law makers or the law breakers? The war on drugs is a miserable failure and it is none of the governments business what I put in or do to MY body. There are some countries where morality is not legislated (Uruguay, Portugal, ect) and drugs,prostitution, gambling, ect. are left for people to decide whether these behaviors are right or wrong for them. The sky has not fallen in these countries nor has society decayed into the abyss. Drug use is a behavior and only a crime because fools decided to legislate them into crimes. Murder is crime-guns are objects and only criminal when possessed with intent to commit murder. You continue to blindly follow the laws regardless of their stupidity while the government continues to chew away at your freedom and individual rights. Here are a couple of quotes to ponder while you follow your automaton path:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”-Thomas Jefferson

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced." - Albert Einstein

If you say, "Would there were no wine" because of the drunkards, then you must say, going on by degrees, "Would there were no steel," because of the murderers, "Would there were no night," because of the thieves, "Would there were no light," because of the informers, and "Would there were no women," because of adultery.- St. John Chrysostom: Homilies, c.388

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.- P. J. O'Rourke

Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.
Rick

Kissimmee, FL

#102 Dec 29, 2011
katierican wrote:
<quoted text>yeah right....every race and culture has their bad apples. Rrrrrr
Well I suppose that may be true Katie, but looking at the names of the arrestees, it does seem that one particular race and culture was very prominently represented. Mira!:)
Chrissy

Puyallup, WA

#103 Dec 29, 2011
Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And just because something is illegal does not make the law just. Slavery was once the law and people who freed enslaved humans were severely punished by the law and considered criminals. Who was in the right...the law makers or the law breakers? The war on drugs is a miserable failure and it is none of the governments business what I put in or do to MY body. There are some countries where morality is not legislated (Uruguay, Portugal, ect) and drugs,prostitution, gambling, ect. are left for people to decide whether these behaviors are right or wrong for them. The sky has not fallen in these countries nor has society decayed into the abyss. Drug use is a behavior and only a crime because fools decided to legislate them into crimes. Murder is crime-guns are objects and only criminal when possessed with intent to commit murder. You continue to blindly follow the laws regardless of their stupidity while the government continues to chew away at your freedom and individual rights. Here are a couple of quotes to ponder while you follow your automaton path:
“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”-Thomas Jefferson
"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced." - Albert Einstein
If you say, "Would there were no wine" because of the drunkards, then you must say, going on by degrees, "Would there were no steel," because of the murderers, "Would there were no night," because of the thieves, "Would there were no light," because of the informers, and "Would there were no women," because of adultery.- St. John Chrysostom: Homilies, c.388
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.- P. J. O'Rourke
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.
Good post!
Think

United States

#104 Dec 30, 2011
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I suppose that may be true Katie, but looking at the names of the arrestees, it does seem that one particular race and culture was very prominently represented. Mira!:)
Rick, why does it matter what race was involved? The war on drugs is devastating to all races. I am Scot-Irish. In the mid and late 1800's, Irish immigrants were called “white Negroes." Throughout the U.S., newspaper illustrations and hand drawings depicted a prehistoric "ape-like image" of Irish faces to bolster evolutionary racist claims that the Irish people were an "inferior race" as compared to Anglo-Saxons. Anti-Irish racism in Britain and 19th century United States included the stereotyping of the Irish as alcoholics, and implications that they monopolised certain (usually low-paying) job markets 19th Century Protestant American "Nativist" prejudice against Irish Catholics reached a peak in the mid-1850s when the Know Nothing Movement tried to oust Catholics from public office. Irish Catholics were isolated and marginalised by society. Both ministers and priests discouraged intermarriage between Catholics and Protestants.

Be careful with your race stereotyping....you could be the next victim of racism as the cycle of history repeats-all races have been discriminated against is some form somewhere at some time-
Tired Of Silly

Winter Garden, FL

#105 Dec 30, 2011
katierican wrote:
<quoted text>raft....why white people cant accept that puerto rico is part of the united states....we are all the same....stop racism...o come on....dont tell me that there are no gangs with white dudes...yeah right....every race and culture has their bad apples. Rrrrrr
When the PR's learn to speak English, stop referring to their ratty island as "my country", and behave like human beings when they live here, they'll be accepted. As long as you refuse to speak the language-ENGLISH-,keep touting the wonders of "your country", and keep flying your PR flags, you'll be considered foreign. You should be bowing down to every REAL American whose tax dollars subsidize that rathole that you couldn't wait to leave. Oh, and no PR is not "part of the US".....we just OWN it.
East of Eden

Spring, TX

#106 Jul 4, 2013
Glad you took your Ambien and other prescription drugs so that it's lights out for you. I get your pill bottle turn around weighs as much as your Cuban sandwich. You think it's okay to take prescription drugs instead of taking care of your weight and exercising. Typical hypocrite who doesn't think prescription drugs can be abused just like illegal drugs.

For your info, I don't take anything. No drugs whatsoever. Not prescription drugs. Not illicit drugs.

“I'm the Texas Dingbat.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#107 Jul 5, 2013
I won't even take the prescriptions the shrink gave me after I was Baker Acted.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#109 Aug 2, 2013
I have no idea what you are talking about Spooky Springs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min red and right 1,153,994
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 38 min Maryslamb_ 490,197
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Mothra 49,196
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Murph 70,608
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr Vic 96,646
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 7 hr carol 8
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 8 hr AN is me 26,180
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:40 am PST

NBC Sports 6:40AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Ranking Packers' Best Wins over Buccaneers
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions