Use your rebate to get ahead, not fal...

Use your rebate to get ahead, not fall behind

There are 7 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Use your rebate to get ahead, not fall behind. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Don't do it. Resist the temptation. Turn the other way when you hear the siren calls of that flat-screen television or designer handbag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Tony C

Middle Village, NY

#1 Apr 16, 2008
More good advise from Beth. Reducing debt is the best thing we can do for our financial health.
Thanks Beth
ut oh

Apopka, FL

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Beth is absolutely correct. I'm putting that $600 towards my credit card, and paying off that bill once and for all. It's a good feeling to know you're debt free. Use this stimulus check to work towards that goal.
Bunch Of BS

Maitland, FL

#4 Apr 16, 2008
Well it would be nice to take the $600 provided by the so-called "economic stimulus package" and pay some of our bills but there is one BIG BUT -- after we pay for rocketing gasoline bill, milk at $5.50 oer gallon, a 35% increase in our homeowners insurance and an extra hugh container of propanda BS, it doesn't amount to a popcorn F**T. Plus the plunging value of the dollar further diminishs its value, so I hope the IRS speeds it along ASAP before my wife and I can no longer afford a big mac and fries, we'll bring our own drinks in order to economize. I can't help but wonder what might have happened if this wasn't an election year. Maybe we should plead with the Iraqi government to declare war on us so we could some economic aid?
john

Buffalo, NY

#6 May 3, 2008
Mine will go directly to my credit card which is only about 25% of the average, yet still higher than I would like it.
WHY

United States

#7 May 4, 2008
To heck with paying off a credit card, im gonna go buy some sticky icky and a 12 pack..lets party
Franklin

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jul 10, 2008
I use my check for rims and tv for my car. I use my car alot. It looks really good
Keri

London, UK

#10 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/EvYZBe ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min JCPete 1,658,867
Ben Krauth in Daytona Beach 4 hr Abc 3
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr Mary NY 514,753
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,617
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) Thu Princess Hey 23,134
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) Thu Princess Hey 13,411

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages